AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-28, 06:34   Link #201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Could anyone tell me what the heck happened at 2chan and 4 chan exactly?
Picture A Nursery on a bad day...

...There ya go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
yea I see what you mean, and I guess creating another season of Nanoha just to make up for StrikerS would be a good idea. And I guess it would be a good suggestion to keep it to a minimum 13 episodes...26 was an exciting change, but we were expecting it be very epic and maybe have 2 story arcs since 26 is doubled from 13 ( a little math there...).
I don't mind giving them another chance for 26 episodes...

Hell, if there's still people out there willing to give Odex another chance (Oharuhi-sama knows how ), I'm sure we could afford to give them a shot at redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Not to mention, Chaos did point out that in some people's posts, they dropped the show because of less Fate and Nanoha interaction and more of the Forwards and stuff. Really shocking stuff to hear and I guess the Studio took that consideration and well, thats how we ended up with Vivio.
"You... Were... Saying... ?"

God that felt so good... !
Old 2007-08-28, 06:39   Link #202
Tormenk

With so many subplots/back stories left to cover with the endgame nearing, it's simply looming disaster, coupled with how the second half of the season has been, it's hard to see the show turning around now, if ever possible. Would a good or maybe even a half decent ending be enough to salvage whats left of StrikerS? I think not.

Apparently the number of posts here at animesuki related to how the show is going isn't enough to warrant attention, if the writers or anyone related to the production bothers to so such things as viewer opinion. On the other hand, if they are responding to what people are saying on 2chan and 4chan as such, the fourth season of StrikerS might be based on more or entirely Nanoha and Fate scenes.

People might get turned off more and more and quit the show entirely, branding it as mere fanservice or some other thing. And I'll hate to see the MSLN series come to that. >_<

Nanoha-level difficulty in expressing what I want to say isn't doing justice to my post or the people reading it and I do apologize if seems senseless to you.

Last edited by Tormenk; 2007-08-28 at 07:05.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:43   Link #203
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
With so many subplots/back stories left to cover with the endgame nearing, it's simply looming disaster, coupled with how the second half of the season has been, it's hard to see the show turning around now, if ever possible. Would a good or maybe even a half decent ending be enough to salvage whats left of StrikerS? I think not.

Apparently the number of posts here at animesuki related to how the show is going isn't enough to warrant attention, if the writers or anyone related to the production bothers to so such things as viewer opinion. On the other hand, if they are responding to what people are saying on 2chan and 4chan as such, the fourth season of StrikerS might be based on more or entirely Nanoha and Fate scenes.

People might get turned off more and more and quit the show entirely, branding it as mere fanservice or some other thing. And I'll hate to see the MSLN series come to that. >_<

Nanoha-level difficulty in expressing what I want to say is doing justice to my post or the people reading it and I do apologize if seems senseless to you.
I get the feeling, that.........the endgame is just too soon.And yeah ive kinda decided to switch back to A's ending
Old 2007-08-28, 06:44   Link #204
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nothing happened at 2ch. Don't believe those bullshit. 2ch's always been 2ch. If there was anything larger than usual that affects DVD sales or Oricon charts or even controversies, we'll know about it. Like that Gainax GL bullshit. Otherwise, 2ch's ALWAYs being its usual self. There's hate threads for just about EVERYTHING.

As for 4chan... NOBODY gives a damn about 4chan. At least no one sane and remotely important.

And I wouldn't say there's a lot of subplots left to cover. But I'll be honest, and say that unless Shinbo upped his directing powahs to godly levels for the last few episodes, there's no way those subplots can be covered good. Just enough yes, but I HIGHLY doubt there'll be any backstory for Zest/Lutecia/Jail/Numbers that would make us emotionally invested into it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:49   Link #205
Nemesis

Sigh........StrikerS had potential,but...........sigh...........its now beyond hope.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:49   Link #206
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
We are a few dozen. 2chan is maybe hundreds or thousands. We are foreigners so the most most of us will do is buy the American version of the DVD which will be at best 1/2th the price (profit) of the Japanese version. We are also not likely to buy the related goods. The guys at 2chan are their big chance to make a major profit. If we assume 7Arcs is paying attention to the boards, either 2chan or ours, who will they be trying to appease?
Old 2007-08-28, 06:55   Link #207
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
We are a few dozen. 2chan is maybe hundreds or thousands. We are foreigners so the most most of us will do is buy the American version of the DVD which will be at best 1/2th the price (profit) of the Japanese version. We are also not likely to buy the related goods. The guys at 2chan are their big chance to make a major profit. If we assume 7Arcs is paying attention to the boards, either 2chan or ours, who will they be trying to appease?
2ch has the power to influence Oricon chart sales and create a nation-wide phenomena from a mere story on a forum (( Densha Otoko )). That's how powerful 2ch is. It's influence on Japanese society, is powerful. Very powerful.

4chan, Animesuki Forums... they're NOTHING compared to 2ch. Putting the names side by side is like comparing Bill Gates to a middle-class white collar.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-28, 07:03   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Nothing happened at 2ch. Don't believe those bullshit. 2ch's always been 2ch. If there was anything larger than usual that affects DVD sales or Oricon charts or even controversies, we'll know about it. Like that Gainax GL bullshit. Otherwise, 2ch's ALWAYs being its usual self. There's hate threads for just about EVERYTHING.

As for 4chan... NOBODY gives a damn about 4chan. At least no one sane and remotely important.
Oh good Either way, I still gain something.

Quote:
And I wouldn't say there's a lot of subplots left to cover. But I'll be honest, and say that unless Shinbo upped his directing powahs to godly levels for the last few episodes, there's no way those subplots can be covered good. Just enough yes, but I HIGHLY doubt there'll be any backstory for Zest/Lutecia/Jail/Numbers that would make us emotionally invested into it.
Several weeks ago, some of us were wondering why would StrikerS have 4 sound stages...
Old 2007-08-28, 07:06   Link #209
Mirificus

The way it looks to me is that with NxF is that they've been trying to have their cake and eat it too. They've spent way too much time in StrikerS hinting at it which is frustrating a lot of people and on the other hand, they haven't outright said that they're in a relationship which is bothering the people who like NxF which makes them want even more evidence to confirm the relationship . Vivio isn't the problem so much as a symptom of the time they've been wasting trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one.

That almost works as a metaphor for the tactical dispositions and plans they've been having Hayate use
Old 2007-08-28, 07:19   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
Vivio isn't the problem so much as a symptom of the time they've been wasting trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one.
Yes, but the problem suspiciously occurred only after she appeared.

The first half was grea- erm, 'good'. Which the exception of the Teana incident (Which I still think took longer than needed).
Old 2007-08-28, 07:23   Link #211
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That doesn't really mean anything. Correlation does not imply causation.
Old 2007-08-28, 07:29   Link #212
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

The first half was grea- erm, 'good'. Which the exception of the Teana incident (Which I still think took longer than needed).
If we're going to use Miri's hint analogy, then it makes sense.

I mean, there are only so many ways they can hint it at us. Besides, they've already wasted 80% of their hints techniques on A's, and Vivio was added as an extra dimension to it.

Seven Arcs :

??? : Damn, how are we supposed to do more non-blatant NFanservice? We've already used every trick in the "hint" volume. The only one left is the "blatant" volume used in Strawberry Panic and Simoun, and we can't cross that line!

??? : Why not? I mean, you've spent so much time on fanservice that had no real contribution to the plot, why falter?

??? : Fool, we must satisfy everyone! And doing so, we cannot let them have the bait!

??? : Fine, how about we make Fate Vivio's 2nd mama? Then we can have more fanservice using the mama analogy. How's that?

??? : But Fate won't even be going to save Vivio in the Cradle... Doing so would delegate the the Fate/Erio/Caro development we're supposed to do...

??? : Make up your mind.

???: Fine, we'll just do the Fate-mama thing.

???: What about the more substansial FEC development? You know, one where actually gave Lightning some decent emotional development...rather than just moe blob...

???: SS02.

???: You do realize that emotional tearful scenes lose impact with only voices...right?

???: What do you think sells more and what is more expensive? NxF or FxExC? DVD or SS?

???: Fine, I'll go alter the script. Gimme a few hours.

Old 2007-08-28, 07:29   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
That doesn't really mean anything. Correlation does not imply causation.
"Suspiciously" being the keyword.

Quote:
If we're going to use Miri's hint analogy, then it makes sense.

I mean, there are only so many ways they can hint it at us. Besides, they've already wasted 80% of their hints on A's, and Vivio was added as an extra dimension to it.

Seven Arcs :

Spoiler for size:

Brains-in-a-jar, anyone?
Old 2007-08-28, 08:09   Link #214
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Was it just me, or did anyone else noticed subtle changes in this episode's OP?

@Nightengale: I see...2chan is that powerful...interesting.
Btw, nice Seven Arcs dialogue
Old 2007-08-28, 08:48   Link #215
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Was it just me, or did anyone else noticed subtle changes in this episode's OP?

@Nightengale: I see...2chan is that powerful...interesting.
Btw, nice Seven Arcs dialogue
Care to point them out please?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-28, 09:13   Link #216
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Care to point them out please?
  • At the beggining, when Subaru spins around once, instead of a dark background is a midnight-blue background.
  • The camera focuses more on Genya and Rein
  • When Zest and Signum are clashing, the bolts are white, instead of violet
  • And the type-3 Drone Fate cuts in half, the inside of the drone is yellow (because of the cut), instead of grey.
  • The Vivio scene, the background is darker, and Vivio's movements are not as fast.
  • When Vivio and Nanoha's are almost touching, the movement of the hands slipping away is a bit more fluid.
That's what I picked up, anyone saw something I didn't?
Old 2007-08-28, 09:42   Link #217
Key Board
Carbon

2ch is powerful because the Japanese takes things dead seriously

while we westerners have zero concept of shame, and thus are immune to a wall of angry text
Old 2007-08-28, 09:46   Link #218
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I think they edited that when Zest first shows with his glaive as well. The "blink!" glow from his glaive is much more prettier this time .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-28, 10:11   Link #219
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Sigh........StrikerS had potential,but...........sigh...........its now beyond hope.
I fear you are correct.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:22   Link #220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I fear you are correct.
And this time, he has good reasons now... Care to hear them ?

Or have you already seen the previous page?
Closed Thread