AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-03, 19:28   Link #601
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Beatrice's identity, according to Ep6, is:

Akujikijima Legend + Kinzo's crazy claims + a certain maiden heart

Which explains different versions of Beatrice (for example, suit-Beatrice is Rokkenjima Legend version)
The only thing it doesn't explain, however, is the Beatrice that Rosa met. According to Beato's red that Beatrice definietly existed and I see no reason for Rosa to make up a story like that out of nowhere.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:43   Link #602
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The only thing it doesn't explain, however, is the Beatrice that Rosa met. According to Beato's red that Beatrice definietly existed and I see no reason for Rosa to make up a story like that out of nowhere.
Human Beatrice? By-product of Kinzo's crazy claims. It's the same idea of ep6's chick-Beatrice. Battler "created" a girl, and wanted her to become Beatrice. So that girl does believe that she's Beatrice. Substitute Battler with Kinzo for ep3.

If Kinzo is "crazy" enough to get a son from somewhere, he's "crazy" enough to brainwash a girl into becoming Beatrice.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:54   Link #603
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Human Beatrice? By-product of Kinzo's crazy claims. It's the same idea of ep6's chick-Beatrice. Battler "created" a girl, and wanted her to become Beatrice. So that girl does believe that she's Beatrice. Substitute Battler with Kinzo for ep3.

If Kinzo is "crazy" enough to get a son from somewhere, he's "crazy" enough to brainwash a girl into becoming Beatrice.
True. I wouldn't be surprised if he got her from the orphanage.

But there's also the Beatrice that gave him the gold. We know for sure the gold exists, as Lambda confirmed its all real and genuine, but did he get it from a witch or not is hard to say. Beatrice also told Battler that before 1967 Beato there was another Beatrice - the one who supposedly gave him the gold.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:57   Link #604
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
Wait, when did it was said the police found the corpses? I believe they only found body parts but could only confirm the owner of one jaw (or part of it), Maria.
Ah, yes, you're right
but, i was so sure that I did read "the police discovered the corpses inside the mansion"

...what the...

But well, the menu says that someone found the corpses.

even if I'm almost sure that the menu is talking about the familiars, but Maria, Battler, Jessica and George is writed "missing", so we can assume that it shows the police discovers @_@

edit:
Spoiler:

here's a screen saying that the police performed an inspection in the screne of crime, so that would mean that the mansion is intact, as for the corpses?

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2010-01-03 at 20:14.
Old 2010-01-03, 20:02   Link #605
yuugi99

Just read through the ep 6. Due to limitation of my understanding of Japanese (using atlas), I would like to ask some questions.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-03, 20:03   Link #606
Rias

Quote:
True. I wouldn't be surprised if he got her from the orphanage.

But there's also the Beatrice that gave him the gold. We know for sure the gold exists, as Lambda confirmed its all real and genuine, but did he get it from a witch or not is hard to say. Beatrice also told Battler that before 1967 Beato there was another Beatrice - the one who supposedly gave him the gold.
Again, Kinzo's crazy claims. After all, only Kinzo knows how he got the gold. He can say anything he wants, really. Perhaps there was a woman named Beatrice, and gave him all the gold. Or maybe he just made up the whole thing after he found some hidden treasure.
Old 2010-01-03, 20:33   Link #607
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Just read through the ep 6. Due to limitation of my understanding of Japanese (using atlas), I would like to ask some questions.

Spoiler:
1) We don't know.

2) Yes and the condition is that she shows the truth, since Battler obviously won't (since he would make a family member look like a murderer).

3) Because she will show the truth. Lambda is too impartial and Battler doesn't want to apparently. Bern, a reader/player who seeks the truth and has apparently found it, will show it.
Old 2010-01-03, 21:20   Link #608
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
1) We don't know.

2) Yes and the condition is that she shows the truth, since Battler obviously won't (since he would make a family member look like a murderer).

3) Because she will show the truth. Lambda is too impartial and Battler doesn't want to apparently. Bern, a reader/player who seeks the truth and has apparently found it, will show it.
So we'll find out who the culprit is in EP 7?

Little Busters!
Old 2010-01-03, 21:22   Link #609
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Rena Fan View Post
So we'll find out who the culprit is in EP 7?
Quite possible, considering Higurashi also showed the culprit in the penultimate episode, leaving the resolution for the finale.
Old 2010-01-03, 21:23   Link #610
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Ah, yes, you're right
but, i was so sure that I did read "the police discovered the corpses inside the mansion"

...what the...

But well, the menu says that someone found the corpses.

even if I'm almost sure that the menu is talking about the familiars, but Maria, Battler, Jessica and George is writed "missing", so we can assume that it shows the police discovers @_@
Well, it is open to interpretations, but I believe the menu/tips mentioned "discovered" because the corpses were discovered by the people in the island, not the police. When you're progressing on the game, you can notice those tips are updated whenever the corpses are discovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
edit:
Spoiler:

here's a screen saying that the police performed an inspection in the screne of crime, so that would mean that the mansion is intact, as for the corpses?
You can see, right after that part, it shows "The gruesome state of the corpses (pieces everywhere) didn't let them identify the others, only Maria's one was possible". I believe (again) the police never found the corpses, because they were torn to bits. The investigation on the "crime scene" didn't mention the Mansion itself, put probably its location (Rokkenjima).
Now, even at episode 1, there were huge hints that something big happened at Rokkenjima, that could mess with everything (clues, corpses, evidence). I'm going with the explosion one (B0MB? Boiler room?).

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2010-01-03, 21:24   Link #611
immblueversion

Quote:
Yes and the condition is that she shows the truth, since Battler obviously won't (since he would make a family member look like a murderer).
Wait, "would" or "wouldn't"? Because I once heard he wouldn't.
Old 2010-01-03, 21:30   Link #612
ameskitty
Kupo

I'm pretty sure in one scene Battler was talking to Moebeato he was telling her (or thinking about) how he was going to conceal the truth just as she had for him so that when she realizes it she regains her old personality back with it. So that it'd be a game in all respects just like her games. Or something like that.

The family member thing is less of a reason, although given how ridiculously nice he was to George and especially Jessica (at least by the time the end came, not counting that evil game) it might be a valid thought .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2010-01-03, 21:55   Link #613
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Phew finally through Episode 6 and honestly....I LOVED IT.
Even though I have to admit, adapting that into an anime without a budget like Kara no Kyoukai is almost impossible...whoah that finale blew my mind.

I have no drive at all to read through this thread...came till page 13 then I saw there were already over 30 pages and about 80% of it is people claiming stuff based on fake spoilers and (not even) partial knowledge of the language...that's honestly killing the fun.
Well at least it gives a feeling in the direction of how Ange was feeling while reading the 偽書.

Now I can only desperately wait for the thread to cool down a bit...and for Episode 7. Btw does anybody else wait for a scene in Episode 7 where it is revealed to Erika that she is:
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2010-01-03, 21:56   Link #614
Marion
The Great Dine

Featherine states that Battler won't do it because it will make his family look like murderers. You can't say its just because he wants Beatrice to do it.
Old 2010-01-03, 21:58   Link #615
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
I'm pretty sure in one scene Battler was talking to Moebeato he was telling her (or thinking about) how he was going to conceal the truth just as she had for him so that when she realizes it she regains her old personality back with it. So that it'd be a game in all respects just like her games. Or something like that.
He wasn't thinking about it. He and Moetrice were having a conversation. Moetrice asked him what was the answer he had reached back in his encounters with the previous Beatrice. Battler basically said that was a funny question, considering that was the same question he asked the previous Beatrice. He told Moetrice he wouldn't tell her the answer in hopes she'd reach that answer herself. He'd like to believe in a miracle.

All the same, I think this answer referred to the promise deal, and not to the murders.
Old 2010-01-03, 22:25   Link #616
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Even though I have to admit, adapting that into an anime without a budget like Kara no Kyoukai is almost impossible...whoah that finale blew my mind.
I would love to see Chiaki Kon TRY.

But with all due seriousness, I still desire an anime. I don't care what studio makes it, just so long as they keep the seiyuu because I like them.

But I digress.
Old 2010-01-03, 22:29   Link #617
ameskitty
Kupo

Ah - I thought it was a conversation, but my memory was a bit fuzzy and I didn't bother to go back and check . And yeah, guess I forgot that Featherinne thing too :/. Oops.

Although I've always been of the mindset that the answer was the promise deal and everything, but directly showing the murders/Beato's identity would make the answer obvious. So in some ways I view them as directly linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Phew finally through Episode 6 and honestly....I LOVED IT.
And just as much as it can't be animated it NEEDS to be animated...somehow. EP6 was ridiculously epic.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2010-01-03, 22:54   Link #618
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Although I've always been of the mindset that the answer was the promise deal and everything, but directly showing the murders/Beato's identity would make the answer obvious. So in some ways I view them as directly linked.
The answer Battler reached in EP5 indeed covered everything. However, I don't think Battler expected Moetrice to remember all those thing, but just the promise.
Old 2010-01-03, 23:36   Link #619
Kaiba

Firing off: was there anything new regarding the Gold Truth in Episode 6, and was it used at all? Thanks.
Old 2010-01-03, 23:44   Link #620
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I agree that the latest episodes hint at some massive geographical alterations in the island, however I won't conclude that it's an explosion just yet because we don't have any information on the nature of the physical alterations just yet. Natural and man-made movements are very different, and whatever clues will be found will clearly distinguish between the two.

As for my George respect levels dropping... well that's more dependent on the fact that he tries so hard to be the big bro figure among his generation yet he readily admits that it's somewhat of a farce. Even now I can dare say that he's not the ideal mature man he wants to be and he's still childish even among his cousins. That doesn't even take into account what he'll be doing later...

Man all the discussions always happen when I'm in bed. More summaries to follow later.
Closed Thread