AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-04-28, 07:35   Link #661
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

It was in the LN section; NT9/10 discussion topic.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 18:59   Link #662
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
did you even read what i put into the spoilers??
it was explained why he survived that....what from this is plot armor??
and please explain (guys) in which other instances accel has P.A.??
vs touma
vs kihara
vs komaba
vs kakine
vs aiwass
vs magician
vs touma
vs gabriel
vs freshmen
vs trident (i think their was one, the sudden show up of the president)
vs kakine

so far: only one single time...
Here is some plot armor then:

Spoiler for Index anime season 3 to be plot:

I can continue:

Spoiler for Index anime season 2 plot:

I can continue:

Spoiler for Index season 1, Index light novels later speculation, railgun manga Daihasesai arc:

Finally, the biggest point of contention for Accelerator's plot armor is this which makes it obvious he has way more plot armor than Touma does, even considering NT 9.
Spoiler for Index I:

Now in comparison to Touma... with NT 9 if you really want to complain I want to repeat my POV which is why it makes sense, and with other fights.

Spoiler for NT 9 and the light novels in general:

Anyway, this is why I think both of them have comparable levels of plot armor. And that both of them are just well-loved by the right person to make things they want eventually happen...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:29   Link #663
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Just bringing this over from another thread/section for on-topicness.
Quoting my self. Accelerator talk.
Quote:
Not to bring up un-related topics, but Accelerator got somewhat of the treatment too.
Talking to LevelSeven
Quote:
If your going to criticize Touma's plot armor then Accelerator takes the cake; he should be dead. Flat out and simple, DEAD. So your opinion on Touma is moot point.
Discussing with LevelSeven
Quote:
Except at the time of him getting shot in the head was when he was using all his power for Last Order, Some how by some Diablos Ex Machina/Dus Ex Machina/plot armor, he lives, that's luck right there don't deny it.

Accelerator is not trained in the physical sense unlike Touma. It's glaringly obviously pointed out in the LN. See you have it backwards again. The City is the jungle and Touma lives in it everyday with no 'power' at all, where as Accelerator is the 'king of the jungle' only in esper power, he can't fight worth shit

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:56   Link #664
Birdway
Banned

Nothing beats #3's plot armor, both Touma and Accelerator would die of envy if they knew about it .
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 22:14   Link #665
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Touma and Accelerator have about as much plot armor, since Kamachi likely prefers him to Mikoto. I think the term you are looking for is that in comparison to Touma/Accelerator, Mikoto has plot appearance armor. She's likely to appear even if she isn't useful in contrast to the other two, who only appear if they do something useful.

I'd argue they have about the same amount of plot armor. As to who has the least plot armor in Index series, for some reason I want to say Kakine Teitoku. I wonder why. And yes, I put him below Himegami.

Also, I would like to point out the controversial claim I said before that Accelerator could likely beat Touma in a fight if both of them were in the "right" to win. Every time they've fought up until now, Accelerator didn't really have higher moral ground, so I argue that was a contributing factor to the results.

I believe that both Touma and Accelerator are supposed to improve in strength, but from my point of view, Aleister cares more about Accelerator, while almost everyone working with him or under him care more about Touma's growth... I find it divided, but for some reason I think Aleister doesn't want Touma to get too strong, but he doesn't really care about Accelerator, since level 6 is still within Science (likely) and Touma likely isn't, so he would be harder to deal with if he got too strong. Though that of course remains to be seen...

A big aspect of this series is character match-ups. Some characters can destroy others given the right situation, but lose easily to another character. This is easily seen when you look at Person 1 vs. Touma and Person 2 vs. Touma and Person 1 vs. Person 2. With Accelerator, it likely depends on a lot of factors, that are pretty much always arc dependent because of his "handicap..."
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 00:20   Link #666
tsunade666

#3 has amazing plot armor aside from plot appearance armor.

#3 hasn't fight yet an unwinnable fight like Touma and Aleister. And even if she ended up fighting a monster opponent(saint and Valkyrie) the enemy isn't taking her seriously so she still manage to win.
Old 2014-04-29, 00:41   Link #667
Miraluka
Banned

Sigh...

Hai hai, we know she has the same plot armor as Kira Yamato on his Strike Freedom but this is Accel-kun's thread.

Don't go too off topic.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 05:40   Link #668
LevelSeven

Spoiler for @dniv @birdway and others:
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 06:35   Link #669
Birdway
Banned

Spoiler for "LevelSeven:
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 07:17   Link #670
LevelSeven

Quote:
That was conveniently cheap coming from you given how much you raise questions about other characters.
well, i dont gave much thoughts about it....
i dont dont like her but she is the same level as index....
i would include birdway but she is far under this two (because of the epilogue of nt2)...
both are meh!
Old 2014-04-29, 08:37   Link #671
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

When we talk about "plot-induced-stupidity", the first ones who come into my mind are the sisters, who even after 10000 deaths don't understand that Accel has reflection power and instead continue shooting him with guns. And they don't find out until Accel HIMSELF tells them. This is funny considering that the level 6 project was at over 50% at that point... But hey they are Mikoto clones, so it's no surprise^^
Old 2014-04-29, 09:10   Link #672
LevelSeven

Quote:
When we talk about "plot-induced-stupidity", the first ones who come into my mind are the sisters, who even after 10000 deaths don't understand that Accel has reflection power and instead continue shooting him with guns.
this part was painful (not only because they died)...
it makes it even more painful because the #1 clone was able to make a close-to-the-truth theory after 40 SECONDS and it seems like the clones #2 - #10031 ignored it....
because even i could find out that bullets wont kill him after dying more than 5 times...
what did Will-san at this moment? she is intelligent enough to know about the occult without being really exposed to it (as far as i know) and cant grasp the "simplest" application of vector manipulation?
this is really "plot-induced-stupidity"...
Old 2014-04-29, 09:23   Link #673
Miraluka
Banned

Will only has a big mouth ;p.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 17:26   Link #674
Draco Spirit

TBH my general impression with Will is she started of with very little understanding of the world, but has been growing fairly quickly...
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 08:10   Link #675
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

when did even the will of misaka existed?, at the beginning of the experiment?
Old 2014-04-30, 08:20   Link #676
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Don't confuse the Collective for Index
Old 2014-04-30, 08:24   Link #677
Draco Spirit

I think she existed as long as there been more than one sister... but I suspect her early existence was more of a "feeling" than someone who could chat.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 08:28   Link #678
LevelSeven

Quote:
this or she is a tool created by aleister and controlled too....

think about it:
accel wants to destroy the darkness of AC and with that aleisers plans = Will shows up and "brainwashes" him

touma wants to give up and don kill millions, this would go against aleisters plans, he need the current world = Will shows up and "bainwashes" him

she is to convenient to be real...
the Will which appeared because 'she' deemed it as necassary and also helped aleisters plans to 100%....

that she is a controlled tool of aleister which allows him to manipulate the MC's after his desire seems much more understandable....

therefore: she will not tell anything except aleister wants it...
Old 2014-04-30, 08:34   Link #679
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
NT Volume 6 and careful reading of NT Volume 9 contradict that.
Old 2014-04-30, 08:35   Link #680
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this or she is a tool created by aleister and controlled too....

think about it:
accel wants to destroy the darkness of AC and with that aleisers plans = Will shows up and "brainwashes" him

touma wants to give up and don kill millions, this would go against aleisters plans, he need the current world = Will shows up and "bainwashes" him

she is to convenient to be real...
the Will which appeared because 'she' deemed it as necassary and also helped aleisters plans to 100%....

that she is a controlled tool of aleister which allows him to manipulate the MC's after his desire seems much more understandable....

therefore: she will not tell anything except aleister wants it...
So in a way, both Touma and Accel are under her thumb ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote