AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 21:31   Link #201
black_cat1

Found chinese ver of vol 1 and...er...try to read it (using special trans soft). So many names and all of them were transcribed to chinese so it hard for reading.

I remember that someone posted a web with character's profile so if anyone has it, pls repost it.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 07:26   Link #202
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Lol.

Anyone feel like Tres Espania got nerfed to hell in the anime? I mean there was no way Muneshige would've able to beat Tadakatsu just cause of the experience gap, but Tadakatsu coming out unscathed was ... the God of Wars shouldn't be trashed by Kazuno like that either. Also, I can't believe they dumped this line out.

Spoiler for Single line:

Who says that? Matsudaira?

Speaking of Tres Espania....is Muneshige's Loizmoi based on the same principle as the Tombo spear?

Quote:
Spoiler for 5:

You have all the clues to figure out what Motonobu's intentions are and where the story is going at this point despite it not being stated as clearly in the book. This is what I mean by playing the cliches usually give the best stories, because without looking further you only look at the obvious and miss the story.
Can't ask in that thread but yeah it is damned obvious the Apocalypse is real.....but what is the mechanism? What is going to end them? And how is the hunt for the weapons supposed to prevent it? Is it the weapons or Horizon that is key?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-11-01 at 07:48.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 10:51   Link #203
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who says that? Matsudaira?

Speaking of Tres Espania....is Muneshige's Loizmoi based on the same principle as the Tombo spear?

Can't ask in that thread but yeah it is damned obvious the Apocalypse is real.....but what is the mechanism? What is going to end them? And how is the hunt for the weapons supposed to prevent it? Is it the weapons or Horizon that is key?
Yes to the first question (might go in detail more about the weapons if the new thread I requested gets approved).

Let's use the new thread for the second questions haha (might as well!).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 05:23   Link #204
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
Well with the series' total number of pages that couldn't be helped. But it's one thing to look forward to for rereading, I guess. I find the humor still funny even after reading them for the second or third time. It's in pages 62-63 of 1B if you're curious.

I really like Nate (or Neit) though, as much as I liked Brunhilde in Owari no Chronicle (come to think of it, I think they're kinda similar in character). Now, that makes me want to read Book 3 soon, but there are 2054 pages of obstacle standing in my way. >.<
Jud., tsunderes are the best. There are some nice scenes with Nate in the second volume, so the next 2054 pages aren't an obstacle anymore!
Quote:
Lol.

Anyone feel like Tres Espania got nerfed to hell in the anime? I mean there was no way Muneshige would've able to beat Tadakatsu just cause of the experience gap, but Tadakatsu coming out unscathed was ... the God of Wars shouldn't be trashed by Kazuno like that either. Also, I can't believe they dumped this line out.

Spoiler for Single line:

I guess I was looking forward to that line too much cause of OnC <__<. Also, the group singing also got axed too ... Anime's not bad by any means, but so much stuffffff gets axed.
Yeah, Dacchan looked more powerful and Muneshige looked way more weaker than he actually is... Because of that a certain joke in the novel just gets more real as time passes

Besides these cuts, one thing that really bugged me was the Miriam/Azuma's scenes. Miriam's route looks so much easier now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Found chinese ver of vol 1 and...er...try to read it (using special trans soft). So many names and all of them were transcribed to chinese so it hard for reading.

I remember that someone posted a web with character's profile so if anyone has it, pls repost it.
This?
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 06:34   Link #205
black_cat1

Ah yes, it is

And one more question, Gin Tachibana is a human or android? Why her arms is machine arms?
Old 2011-11-02, 06:55   Link #206
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Ah yes, it is

And one more question, Gin Tachibana is a human or android? Why her arms is machine arms?
Her arms are prosthetic, like Naomasa's right arm.

Also, I did a bit of looking up re: Logismoi oplo -

The "Logismoi" probably comes from Evagrius's book (titled as such) which contains the eight evil thoughts, while "oplo" is Greek for "weapon."

So I guess that's where the name comes from!
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 10:51   Link #207
ykf566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Yeah, Dacchan looked more powerful and Muneshige looked way more weaker than he actually is... Because of that a certain joke in the novel just gets more real as time passes

Besides these cuts, one thing that really bugged me was the Miriam/Azuma's scenes. Miriam's route looks so much easier now...
Could you elaborate on these two points and what the joke is? Those two are characters i'm probably most interested in.

Also, could you talk about

Spoiler for :
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 13:17   Link #208
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ok i for one is kinda at a loss

i read somewhere the Aoi confessing to horizon or p01 caused a a war and not the war for the armors of deadly sin

and also the rescue episode i wonder hwo long will it take? and will Plum class be able to show off more if there is a rescue for horizon and WILL HE EVER CONFESS about his love for horizon

so pls if ever so kindly SPOIL ME >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 13:44   Link #209
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Could you elaborate on these two points and what the joke is? Those two are characters i'm probably most interested in.

Also, could you talk about

Spoiler for :
Spoiler for answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
ok i for one is kinda at a loss

i read somewhere the Aoi confessing to horizon or p01 caused a a war and not the war for the armors of deadly sin

and also the rescue episode i wonder hwo long will it take? and will Plum class be able to show off more if there is a rescue for horizon and WILL HE EVER CONFESS about his love for horizon

so pls if ever so kindly SPOIL ME >_<
Spoiler for Confession:

And I don't know how, but I did it. The summary for the third volume is below and I think that is good to know that this summary is way longer than the other ones that I did until now
Spoiler for V3 Summary:
Old 2011-11-02, 15:04   Link #210
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler for answers:

Spoiler for Confession:

And I don't know how, but I did it. The summary for the third volume is below and I think that is good to know that this summary is way longer than the other ones that I did until now
Spoiler for V3 Summary:

thank you sir for an extensive spoiler
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 20:38   Link #211
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Her arms are prosthetic, like Naomasa's right arm.

Also, I did a bit of looking up re: Logismoi oplo -

The "Logismoi" probably comes from Evagrius's book (titled as such) which contains the eight evil thoughts, while "oplo" is Greek for "weapon."

So I guess that's where the name comes from!
Heyyyyyyy I didn't know you post here too!!!!

Thanks for the infodump!!!!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 00:44   Link #212
black_cat1

The Satomi siblings are surely badass, hope we will see this scene in anime and Sunrise will do us a favor with an amazing work.
Old 2011-11-03, 03:39   Link #213
Yamamoto-sensei

Could you please tell me some information about Suzu, Neito and Masazumi like their ability, the relationship with Toori. I'm pretty interest in Neito
I'm now reading part 1 of vol 2 but according from what i saw then vol 3 is Neito battle her mother. Can you spoil that for me
Old 2011-11-03, 07:22   Link #214
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ok....reading 4A now....

Date are the lords of East Europe? And Uesugi rule Soviet Russia? How does that figure? when Date are to the east of Uesugi territory....

Or does East Europe here actually mean every nation east of the Urals?
Old 2011-11-03, 08:49   Link #215
Morisato

So each "volume" is divided into parts where each "part" is more like a volume? Any reason why it's done like that?

Is there a jump in settings or timeskip between the "volumes"? And why did the prologue *just* end after 3 volumes (about 7 actual volumes)? Does that mean a timeskip after the prologue?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 08:51   Link #216
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Heyyyyyyy I didn't know you post here too!!!!

Thanks for the infodump!!!!
iyaiya~ you're welcome ( ゚ ヮ゚)
I actually came here because this is proooooobably the best English Horizon discussion place there is right now. which is really great since I can't read the novels due to lack of time and JP language knowledge (´・ω・`)
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 08:58   Link #217
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Oh wait, you're the guy who's handling the infodump! :-o
I'm the Wiki guy, nice to see you here!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 14:00   Link #218
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
So each "volume" is divided into parts where each "part" is more like a volume? Any reason why it's done like that?
Because if it weren't the books would be the size of shelves.

Quote:
Is there a jump in settings or timeskip between the "volumes"? And why did the prologue *just* end after 3 volumes (about 7 actual volumes)? Does that mean a timeskip after the prologue?
Can't answer the above questions, but I wanted to correct what's in the bold. In terms of length and page count, it's more like 20-something novels now.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:44   Link #219
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

As was posted in baka-tsuki forum,
Spoiler for comparison:

If you added Volume 4A and 4B to that (+1406 pages), it will top Index (excluding New Testament and Railgun series).

And I just got my copies today from kinokuniya. p/

Spoiler for /p:

Once Book 2 arrive next week, I can resume reading. I could read from the scans but reading them in the monitor just feels weird to me.

---
From Book 1 part 2

Spoiler for lol:

Last edited by Suiri Megami Alice; 2011-11-03 at 17:44.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 17:22   Link #220
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamoto-sensei View Post
Could you please tell me some information about Suzu, Neito and Masazumi like their ability, the relationship with Toori. I'm pretty interest in Neito
I'm now reading part 1 of vol 2 but according from what i saw then vol 3 is Neito battle her mother. Can you spoil that for me
Spoiler for answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
I think it's better to say that the first part ended after 3 volumes. The author said that in the afterword of the volume 3C because that volume was like an ending of a big, very big arc. You can say that there are timeskips, but normally these are only of two weeks in their world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
And I just got my copies today from kinokuniya. p/

Spoiler for /p:
Have a nice read

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen