Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-11, 03:52   Link #21
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Wouldn't that depend on who we're giving rep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I thought bars under our names = rep power?
I thought something like this...

Old 2012-04-11, 03:55   Link #22
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Sort of, I think.

Your rep bar + your join date in regards to their rep bar + their join date.

Or that's how I understood it...
Old 2012-04-11, 04:24   Link #23
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The hiding of that is intentional, from what I've read in previous threads. You're not supposed to have in mind how many points to give or take I guess.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-11, 07:12   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I would be curious to see how many war scars you received from the Endless Eight War of 2009.
I actually recall receiving a fair bit of support from KyoAni critics at the time, although I'd be surprised if I don't have at least a couple neg reps from back then, lol.

Quote:
I think that was what got you posting regularly at AnimeSuki, if I remember right.
It was, yeah. I was a semi-regular on the Code Geass and Shana subforums before that, but certainly not on AS as much as I am now.

Quote:
I think the way it works is...

Pos Rep power = Number of Green Blocks X 2
Neg Rep power = Number of Green Blocks

But maybe it's more complex than that.
Old 2012-04-11, 07:16   Link #25
HasuMasu
*Artist

Look no further than ---> this page.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:05   Link #26
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Ah, you mean when "Show Your Reputation Level" is turned off.
Actually the list visibility being tied to that setting was a deliberate change I made to reintroduce a "bug" that the authors "fixed". A number of people complained about the sudden appearance of the reputation list, including felix, after an upgrade. They were used to not seeing the list when they had disabled reputation.

As for the broader question about the showing reputation (not withstanding relentlessflame's points), I have some ideas in the pipeline around the system. So, unless there is a compelling off-the-shelf option that will work even after we upgrade, the "rep history" feature probably won't be made any time soon.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:44   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Actually the list visibility being tied to that setting was a deliberate change I made to reintroduce a "bug" that the authors "fixed". A number of people complained about the sudden appearance of the reputation list, including felix, after an upgrade. They were used to not seeing the list when they had disabled reputation.

As for the broader question about the showing reputation (not withstanding relentlessflame's points), I have some ideas in the pipeline around the system. So, unless there is a compelling off-the-shelf option that will work even after we upgrade, the "rep history" feature probably won't be made any time soon.
Fascinating ... the software guys at vBulletin are really keen on the "you live in a society and aren't shielded from its feedback" notion
Old 2012-05-30, 00:05   Link #28
Sumeragi
Banned

Sorry for the gravedig, but I figured this might be the best way to get this answered without using PMs or making a new topic and such:

What's the point system like for reputations? Also, is there a list for how many gems you get for a level of points?

Thank you!
Old 2012-05-30, 00:33   Link #29
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Sorry for the gravedig, but I figured this might be the best way to get this answered without using PMs or making a new topic and such:

What's the point system like for reputations? Also, is there a list for how many gems you get for a level of points?

Thank you!
Try reading the FAQ for possible answers: http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?..._as_reputation
Old 2012-05-30, 17:12   Link #30
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Thank you!
The point system for reputation is simply a sum of the "value" of all the positive rep you got minus all the negative rep you received, the value of the rep has already be mentioned in this thread.
MAL
Old 2012-07-01, 07:05   Link #31
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I have a proposal,the name of who give reputation negative, have to be written in automatic..i have received a negative reputation for no reason..and i would like to know who gave it to me, just to know because he/she give it to me..

this would be good, i think that in a Forum like AnimeSuki,would be a good thing...

making sure that people who don't behave well, and give negative reputation for no reason, be punished
Old 2012-07-01, 07:24   Link #32
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Not going to happen. Disable the reputation system if it bothers you. It already states in the rules that you can give negative reputation to anyone for any reason, or no reason at all. If you forced it to show the name of the rep giver, this could and would be abused by giving neg rep to that person continuously for '' revenge ''.
Old 2012-07-01, 07:33   Link #33
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

^, naturally with the change that the name is showed automatic when you give rep neg,there will be another change, like that you have to ask the moderator to give the second rep neg to the same person..and explain why of it...with this the revenge issue is solved..because if you don't like a user, you can give rep neg anytime like for the same of revenge..
Old 2012-07-01, 07:52   Link #34
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
^, naturally with the change that the name is showed automatic when you give rep neg,there will be another change, like that you have to ask the moderator to give the second rep neg to the same person..and explain why of it...with this the revenge issue is solved..because if you don't like a user, you can give rep neg anytime like for the same of revenge..
If you suspect or feel someone is targeting you repeatably with neg rep, then you can report it as it is considered to violate this rule:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.2 Awarding reputation
Deliberate, targeted and excessive awarding of reputation in an attempt to significantly alter another member's reputation is considered abusive, both when awarding positive or negative reputation. The reputation system is to be used for feedback and fun not for belittling or discrediting other members. This does not mean that you cannot award negative feedback; just that common sense and restraint should be observed.
But if it's a string of unrelated different people, then no rule is being broken.
MAL
Old 2012-07-01, 08:41   Link #35
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
If you suspect or feel someone is targeting you repeatably with neg rep, then you can report it as it is considered to violate this rule:

But if it's a string of unrelated different people, then no rule is being broken.
This is the problem,is to prevent it, i fell that the person that give me rep neg, has just do it for ruin my reputation..because where i received the rep neg there was nothing wrong....so there is no way you can give a reputation neg in the post i have made...

i mean, i post everyday in the thread " A laugh a day"...i just post pics to make people smile and laugh...beacouse when you laugh for an instant maybe you can forget of your problem..

and then i commented a post..and one give-me rep neg without any explanation with the comment "no"

So, is ok to give rep neg to people that maybe are doing something wrong, but isn't ok to do rep neg to people without a motivation, especially when you contributes positively in the forum..

however, thanks for replies
Old 2012-07-01, 09:22   Link #36
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I don't think Mods will change this But I can sympathize with you I got neg reps for many things The most ridiculous ones are for sigs/avis I use :P You need to learn to ignore them, because there will always be people who'll spread neg reps simple because they can. I even had some people calling me fanboy for saying I like younger Naruto in Anime filler As I said the best choice is to ignore negreps ( and comments) if you don't want to turn rep system of
Old 2012-07-01, 11:32   Link #37
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I don't think Mods will change this But I can sympathize with you I got neg reps for many things The most ridiculous ones are for sigs/avis I use :P You need to learn to ignore them, because there will always be people who'll spread neg reps simple because they can. I even had some people calling me fanboy for saying I like younger Naruto in Anime filler As I said the best choice is to ignore negreps ( and comments) if you don't want to turn rep system of

I think the same, probably the Mod aren't going to change it..but is ok..i just suggested it..

However thanks for reply...i know you're a good user
Old 2012-07-01, 13:05   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
This is the problem,is to prevent it, i fell that the person that give me rep neg, has just do it for ruin my reputation..because where i received the rep neg there was nothing wrong....so there is no way you can give a reputation neg in the post i have made...

[...]

So, is ok to give rep neg to people that maybe are doing something wrong, but isn't ok to do rep neg to people without a motivation, especially when you contributes positively in the forum..
Quote:
I think the same, probably the Mod aren't going to change it..but is ok..i just suggested it..
No, I'm afraid we're not going to change it unless we change the entire system in a different way (which is being considered/worked on). The reason why is very simple: you're applying a double-standard. You're saying "it's not fair if I get a negative rep point I don't deserve". Okay fine. Then how about I go through and check every single one of the positive rep points you got, and wipe out all the positive rep you didn't deserve as well? Why should negative rep be "only if it's fair!" but positive rep doesn't need a good reason? Of course, you might argue that all your posts are so good that they deserve only good reputation all the time, but the whole point of the system is that it's the eye of the beholder. Who's to decide whether the sender's perspective is justified? It's just an opinion.

Furthermore, people have already left rep under the current assumptions. If we were ever going to switch to a non-anonymous system we'd have to wipe out all rep on the forum and start over. If people expected their rep comments to be anonymous to the recipient, then they'll stay that way.

The staff are well aware that some members like to leave negative rep because they know it riles people up (and that our Forum Rules forbid complaining about rep received in the threads). The best thing you can do is just ignore it. If their comment is abusive or inflammatory, please send a report to the staff and we will investigate. Suffice it to say that, even though rep is anonymous to the recipient (unless the person signs their comment), the staff do actually know who leaves what rep, so this provides a bit of a check-and-balance to prevent people from being too abusive. People who abuse the reputation system can face various consequences, including but not limited to infractions, bans, and rep privilege adjustments.
Old 2012-07-01, 13:07   Link #39
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
I have a proposal,the name of who give reputation negative, have to be written in automatic..i have received a negative reputation for no reason..and i would like to know who gave it to me, just to know because he/she give it to me..

this would be good, i think that in a Forum like AnimeSuki,would be a good thing...

making sure that people who don't behave well, and give negative reputation for no reason, be punished
There have been multiple threads on the subject in the last six months or so, please do your research before posting. (See this thread for example, and this post by relentlessflame in particular.)

Furthermore: reputation is a completely meaningless number. It affects absolutely nothing and is therefore completely inconsequential. It is not, by any standard, some kind of objective measurement of your posting quality, and dealing out positive or negative reputation does not have to be motivated in any way whatsoever. The only restriction is that the reputation text is subject to the same rules as forum posts are; i.e. you're not allowed to harass or abuse other posters. Giving out a negative reputation containing only the text "asdf" to any post in the entire forum regardless of its content is therefore completely legal and valid.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2012-07-01, 22:32   Link #40
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Furthermore: reputation is a completely meaningless number. It affects absolutely nothing and is therefore completely inconsequential. It is not, by any standard, some kind of objective measurement of your posting quality, and dealing out positive or negative reputation does not have to be motivated in any way whatsoever.
The Reputation System exists like our appendix. Doesn't do much, and is often ignored by many, but it has a chance to cause serious effects and must be removed if said scenario happens.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread