AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-09-18, 10:03   Link #54661
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I rewatched the Roshuo stops all the missiles episode. I am trying to imagine exactly how much everyone would freak out if someone did that.
He didn't stop the missiles. He redirected them.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 10:18   Link #54662
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, I rewatched the episode. He basically stopped them all with nothing but an energy wave. Then unraveled their existence by making them disappear with a pop. No explosions or anything. The world gets a front row seat to thousands of missiles ceasing to exist in a manner like they never did in the first place.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 10:20   Link #54663
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Yeah, I rewatched the episode. He basically stopped them all with nothing but an energy wave. Then unraveled their existence by making them disappear with a pop. No explosions or anything. The world gets a front row seat to thousands of missiles ceasing to exist in a manner like they never did in the first place.
No no. He redirected it. Back to America.

A later episode have the TV announced that North America was ravaged by missiles. THe same missiles sent to Zawame.

Which makes him a teleporter/transporter or outright reality warper.
Old 2014-09-18, 10:25   Link #54664
demino_hellsin
That one guy

which part was that? the part where the executives were being persecuted or the part where Kouta's sister was watching the news in the gym?
Old 2014-09-18, 10:27   Link #54665
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
which part was that? the part where the executives were being persecuted or the part where Kouta's sister was watching the news in the gym?
Hold on, let me check... The part where the group was watching the news in the Gaim Team base. After the scenes where Roshuo let loose definitely.
Old 2014-09-18, 10:34   Link #54666
demino_hellsin
That one guy

yeah, humanity is gonna freak XD
Old 2014-09-18, 10:44   Link #54667
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
yeah, humanity is gonna freak XD
THey're too busy dealing with Helhelm. Which, IS is powerless against, since while they can fight against Invess, the forest invading and hypnotising people with its fruit isn't something you just brute force through.

Anyway, back to the IS/GARO cross: What if, instead of the Orimura disappearing, they actually died during a large battle against Horror, with their wishes being that their children not involved with the Makai world? Unfortunately, Ichika still stumbled into it, and took up the mantle of the Knight of the family, protecting the world/his sister from the Horrors.
Old 2014-09-18, 11:02   Link #54668
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that would make Ichika's training informal, like Ryuuga's. Unless he already has Makai armor and sword on hand like an heirloom or enshrined pieces, he won't get far.

I don't like the idea of Ichika being an outright Makai Knight. There's just something weird about it The world of IS is steeped in cheap harem antics that borderline sleazy smut. GARO is a fantasy horror action show sprinkled with bits of female nudity here and there. Mixing the two will be a greatly painful experience.

I can Imagine Rei setting up shop near ISA though despite being a senate knight(I think he was promoted to that rank). He could hang out at the same bar Chifuyu frequents with Yamada. He'd be the oddball everyone notices for double ice cream and half vodka on his white russian lol
Old 2014-09-18, 11:13   Link #54669
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
that would make Ichika's training informal, like Ryuuga's. Unless he already has Makai armor and sword on hand like an heirloom or enshrined pieces, he won't get far.

I don't like the idea of Ichika being an outright Makai Knight. There's just something weird about it The world of IS is steeped in cheap harem antics that borderline sleazy smut. GARO is a fantasy horror action show sprinkled with bits of female nudity here and there. Mixing the two will be a greatly painful experience.

I can Imagine Rei setting up shop near ISA though despite being a senate knight(I think he was promoted to that rank). He could hang out at the same bar Chifuyu frequents with Yamada. He'd be the oddball everyone notices for double ice cream and half vodka on his white russian lol
I was planning to have a family friend watching from the shadows and saw Ichika training by himself and took him in. He would later inherit the old Orimura mansion and drag his sister back in. THankfully Chifuyu's job at ISA is almost full time so he can hide most of his activities.

Well, the part about the tone is true I suppose, but I wanted to at least try and turn Ichika into a better character instead of "Kind, nice and super dense harem protag who's also a fucking idiot" so I figured him being a Makai Knight with all the shit the job drags along should balance it out.

As for Rei being there... okay, that could be fun. Especially if Chifuyu is interested in him
Old 2014-09-18, 11:21   Link #54670
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think Chifuyu would be interested. Yamada might nudge her to try after a few drinks though and Rei would be gentlemanly smooth talking self. just wooing women without really any aim of physical or emotional contact.

I was also skeptical if the Orimura's would be a family of titled or titleless knigts. but considering you say mansion, I'll assume they have a titled rank.
Old 2014-09-18, 11:32   Link #54671
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
I don't think Chifuyu would be interested. Yamada might nudge her to try after a few drinks though and Rei would be gentlemanly smooth talking self. just wooing women without really any aim of physical or emotional contact.

I was also skeptical if the Orimura's would be a family of titled or titleless knigts. but considering you say mansion, I'll assume they have a titled rank.
True I suppose. Though if Rei is stationned that close to ISA, someone is bound to either run into a Horror or becoming Horror themselves. SO I wonder how IS cast react to something that is straight up nightmare.

Titled rank, though on the middle scale. I'm not sure if I should use an existing but should be userless title at the time - ZEN, GAI, BATO, etc... - or just make a new one altogether.
Old 2014-09-18, 13:52   Link #54672
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I quickly realized that I could borrow these ideas for monsters then throw Idol Sentai/ Kamen Idols at them.

Though Kamen Idols would be a bit harder as they'd have to have essentially the same powers...

...unless its GARO, then the role played by the IS from the original Vandam manuscript would fit.

THE CRACK!!
Old 2014-09-18, 14:40   Link #54673
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Woohoo! References to anime that I have no clue about!
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 17:40   Link #54674
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Crack, indeed.

Saying that Chifuyu would be 'interested' in any man is enough to drive me out of my lair.
Old 2014-09-18, 18:31   Link #54675
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
No no. He redirected it. Back to America.

A later episode have the TV announced that North America was ravaged by missiles. THe same missiles sent to Zawame.
Wait a second. Did I miss something? You mean North America actually nuked itself (via Roshuo)? I thought the news said it is an Inves attack...

Got to rewatch that episode.

Oh, and demino's idea sounds awesome.
Old 2014-09-18, 21:05   Link #54676
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Wait a second. Did I miss something? You mean North America actually nuked itself (via Roshuo)? I thought the news said it is an Inves attack...

Got to rewatch that episode.

Oh, and demino's idea sounds awesome.
Yeah, that's what I remember. While the news said that the world got infested by Helhelm, North America was ravaged by the missiles or something.

Anyway, who from the named IS cast could become Horror?
Old 2014-09-18, 21:32   Link #54677
demino_hellsin
That one guy

all of them. They are just funbags of Inga all over the place. closest would be Houki though because she has enough negative emotions to be driven to murder. Or at least altruistically letting people die in her false self-righteousness.

Ichika's armor should probably be original. If you want to reflect his abilities with Byakushiki I'm not sure other armors can reflect the same fighting style. GARO himself uses rigid powerful strokes when attacking. ZEN has this wild sweeping offense. GAI is a bow user and so on.

PS I rechecked the episode where team GAIM is checking the news, didn't see anything about missiles. Just world economy crumbling from the inves attacks.
Old 2014-09-18, 22:43   Link #54678
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
all of them. They are just funbags of Inga all over the place.
Even Kanzashi? Or Nohohon-san?

Quote:
closest would be Houki though because she has enough negative emotions to be driven to murder. Or at least altruistically letting people die in her false self-righteousness.
She's emotionally unstable. It can be fixed.

Well, I was personally hoping she would be spared at the last minute... nah, just wishful thinking on my part.
Old 2014-09-19, 00:09   Link #54679
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Even Kanzashi and Nohohon.

The former because she's bottled up all those jealousy issues over Tatenashi so she's like a pressurized inga bomb while Nohohon's excessive lethargy translates to laziness. Though Nohohon is less likely to get possessed by a horror because her inga is kind of hazy.
Old 2014-09-19, 03:25   Link #54680
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Even Kanzashi and Nohohon.

The former because she's bottled up all those jealousy issues over Tatenashi so she's like a pressurized inga bomb while Nohohon's excessive lethargy translates to laziness. Though Nohohon is less likely to get possessed by a horror because her inga is kind of hazy.
So what are the different types of Horrors again? ANd how to identify them? Cause I just can't distinguish between them

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest