AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 12:58   Link #5781
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What, Signum befriending Cypha? And you're honestly surprised? Just what series have you been following?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 14:19   Link #5782
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If anything, it's Cypha the one who befreinded Signum since she's the one who delivered the first asskicking xDU

....still in school, i'll post the thing in about 6 hours xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 14:28   Link #5783
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Incompetent probably isn't the right word, yeah, since it wasn't really their fault. It just got decided that they had to lose. The Raptors, though - even if somebody tells you they're a civilian, you shouldn't just leave them be, guys.
What`s lamer ?
That the Raptors can`t make the different between a civilain and an enemy or...
they can be short-circuited by a taser ?
So much of working in extreme conditions...

I don`t see why everyone is so surprised that their equipments is failing...
They used it two months ago, more than enough time to come up with countermeasures.(The danger of showing your prototypes.)
And they even showed them how to do it... Subaru`s breaking of Thoma`s Divider and Thoma`s cutting the Forteress to pieces...
The Grandels are just using the same stategies.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 15:17   Link #5784
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Not like they'd be indestructable under any circumstances anyways.
Old 2012-03-03, 16:37   Link #5785
Justin_Brett

Quote:
What, Signum befriending Cypha? And you're honestly surprised? Just what series have you been following?
Yeah, I kinda am, given the events that transpired in 6 and 7 and the many hours of being in a coma and intense rehabilitation that happened off-panel. And Signum being a different character from people who have done that.

I mean, did Nanoha decide to befriend Quattro after all the shit she pulled? No. The only interaction Signum has with Cypha is her being a horrible bitch, same as there.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 16:50   Link #5786
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The difference between Nanoha and Quattro was that Nanoha was never a horrible bitch.

Signum, once upon a time, was a horrible bitch too who killed people. There's nothing here that says she can't sympathize with Cypha's situation, even if she doesn't condone it.
Old 2012-03-03, 17:19   Link #5787
Justin_Brett

I dunno about that: the situation's similar, but the characters themselves are pretty different.
Old 2012-03-03, 17:43   Link #5788
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Vita was a horrible bitch who punted Nanoha nearly into a coma. Look how that turned out. Seriously, the only reason Quattro wasn't befriended was because Quattro chose to say no and stay a bitch (and even to most of her family she was a bitch. Bitch-lite, but still not a really nice girl. She saw most of them as tools), since we know Cypha can be nice, shes a potential befriending target same as anyone.
Old 2012-03-03, 17:44   Link #5789
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So...

The new bad guys have...

A Not!Vivio...

A happy Not!Vita...

And a Not!Saber...

Err, wait...

Olivie was Not!Saber...

So, they have a Not!Vivio and a Not!Olivie on their side?

Sheesh!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 18:56   Link #5790
Justin_Brett

I was talking about Signum, not Vita. And yeah, she was certainly the most rude and antagonist of them, which still carried into her role as a good guy somewhat, but she didn't do anything villainous besides trying to beat up the protagonist. If that was all Cypha did with Signum, I'd have far less of a problem with her.

Does that other girl really look like Saber? I didn't really see it - that might have been because of Not!Vivio though.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:59   Link #5791
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We knew the Hucks were villains right from the start. We also knew they were going to get befriended the moment Stella popped up. We also know that having a kill count does not disqualify you from befriending (even if you won't accept the Wolkie kill count, there's still Cinque).
Old 2012-03-03, 18:59   Link #5792
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I was talking about Signum, not Vita. And yeah, she was certainly the most rude and antagonist of them, which still carried into her role as a good guy somewhat, but she didn't do anything villainous besides trying to beat up the protagonist. If that was all Cypha did with Signum, I'd have far less of a problem with her.
Yeah no. In that first fight, Vita was about to kill Nanoha, rule or no rule. Nanoha was already down for the count; she could've easily called in the others to harvest her Linker Core. But no, she was lifting up a spiked weapon again to strike her again.

Over a friggin' hat.

And look how she turned out. Cypha's in that same boat.
Old 2012-03-03, 20:48   Link #5793
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
I dunno about that: the situation's similar, but the characters themselves are pretty different.
Yup, while Signum was indeed a cold blooded killer, she was never a bitchy character like Cypha. Even Vita has more logical reasons to be like that than eye-patched psycho.

Vita near-killed Nanoha(and we didn't even know how that would be turned if Fate wasn't appeared, maybe Vita's comrades themselves would stop her from killing Nanoha, remeber that Signum and Shamal entered the scene very shortly after that) because she lost control of herself after seeing the gift of the most important person to her being destroyed by her prey. That don't justify her behavior by any means but still makes much more sense than Cypha's "lol, i'll kill you cuz i'm awesome" behavior xDU

Vita was rude cause she was a traumatized child-like girl holding deeply on the object of her affections. Cypha was a bitch just for the hell of it and also to leave the message of "we rulz, you suck, lol".

Quote:
Yeah, I kinda am, given the events that transpired in 6 and 7 and the many hours of being in a coma and intense rehabilitation that happened off-panel. And Signum being a different character from people who have done that.
That and the fact that Signum is really bad at befriending xDU The last time she attempted to do that ended up with her spine snapped on a hospital bed. And the time before that the "soon to be friend" died on her hands xDU

Signum needs to attend an intense befriending course with Nanoha to learn how it's done, it worked wonders for Subaru and Teana xD!

And now, the traditional half-baked summary of Ch. 21 xD!

Spoiler for Alpha, we need teenagers with attitude!:

PHEW! Big giant Wall of Text xDU! Lot's off stuff to comment but i'll wait a little since my brain is almost overheated, enjoy and wait for the more realiable english translation team to do their magic xD

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-03-03 at 21:00.
Old 2012-03-03, 22:37   Link #5794
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
What`s lamer ?
That the Raptors can`t make the different between a civilain and an enemy or...
they can be short-circuited by a taser ?
So much of working in extreme conditions...
Maybe an Eclipse combat-grade taser is far above a civilian/police grade one, just as you aren't supposed to use civilian-grade rounds for military action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So...

The new bad guys have...

A Not!Vivio...

A happy Not!Vita...

And a Not!Saber...

Err, wait...

Olivie was Not!Saber...

So, they have a Not!Vivio and a Not!Olivie on their side?

Sheesh!
So I herd you liek Vivio...

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 23:01   Link #5795
Justin_Brett

Quote:
But Signum promises tohma that she'll "deal" with "his informant" if she can "convince her". Tohma thanks Signum, Isis is angry at Tohma and Lily hopes things will be fine.
That sounds a little less friendly in context.

And Touma needs to listen to Isis more.
Old 2012-03-03, 23:08   Link #5796
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
That sounds a little less friendly in context.
Actually is very ambiguous since Signum's face isn't visible at the time of saying that xDU

But i agree with you that Signum should think her approach to Cypha very carefully, she must be aware by now that approaching Cypha with an "let's be freinds xD!" attitude more likely will end with another divider on her guts xDU

People like Cypha can only understand one way...

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-03, 23:10   Link #5797
Justin_Brett

Well I dunno, when one of the only cast members with a confirmed, on-screen kill says she's going to deal with someone, the conclusions one can draw aren't all that pleasant.
Old 2012-03-03, 23:14   Link #5798
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well I dunno, when one of the only cast members with a confirmed, on-screen kill says she's going to deal with someone, the conclusions one can draw aren't all that pleasant.
One of the very last things i think could be cool for a rematch is that Signum, now councsious of Cypha's level of threat as also her seemingly immortal body, pull out all the stops and fights Cypha with a true killing intent. She know already that Cypha can withstand that and much more.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-04, 01:16   Link #5799
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I'm sorry Justin, I really don't see how Signum meant to slaughter Cypha when she says to 'deal with her'. It's more like stating a fact: Depending on the situation, if we can convince Cypha then everything's fine; if not I'll fight her and keep you guys out of the way. It is definitely not the 'I'll kill her' kind of tone (I've read the chapter, just clarifying).
Old 2012-03-04, 01:29   Link #5800
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Yeah, i know, specially since Tohma is worried for her, that's enough for Signum to reconsider things. And that plays into Cypha's advantage cause as she said, you must be prepared to kill if you're going to face her in battle, otherwise you'll end like ...well... like Signum. Oh the irony xDU

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force