AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2003-12-01, 15:15   Link #1
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
cant copy CD anymore HELP

hi all, i got a lil problem, cuz i bought a dvd writer i want to put my old cds on dvds, i ve some probs with 2 cds (of 300). i neither i can read them nor can i copy some files. windows can read the title and displays the files with name correct but when i wanna copy em it aborts after some mins. i tried also with win iso to create an iso of the hole cd but it didnt work either.
so knows what i can try?
elian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 17:00   Link #2
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Looks like the CD somehow got corrupted, that happend to a CD of mine also. I burned it and a few days later I couldnt copy the files. Yes for me it also did show the title and show the files but i couldnt copy anything.

However, im sure my problem was that I didnt take good care of it. It has scratches and stuff cuz i left it out bare on a table for a week Im not sure about this, but maybe something went wronge while burning? not sure
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 19:19   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Try using clonecd or alcohol to create a an image. Tell it to skip over errors and such. Then mount the image using Daemon Tools and see if you can copy the files off. Chances are your CD is irrecoverable in its condition. Last ditch attempt would be to try to clean the CD and/or laser lens in the drive.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 08:29   Link #4
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
thx so far

thx so far, i tried with winiso to create an image of the cd and when i wanted to skip these errors winiso did not continue, i try with alc i guess. and about the cd, there r no scratches or anything, maybe sth about the cd itself, bought cheep stuff.
elian85 is offline   Reply With Quote