AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-08-09, 05:17   Link #1221
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
People wonder why all the girls <3 Makoto. They already explained this in episode 2. Apparently Makoto looks "cool" and looks like the movie star.

Not only guys can be complete idiots in the face of an attractive female. But females too in the face of an attractive guy.

We just can't tell because all anime male leads are drawn nearly the same way.
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 06:51   Link #1222
schiffer
Born Insain
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to schiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
People wonder why all the girls <3 Makoto. They already explained this in episode 2. Apparently Makoto looks "cool" and looks like the movie star.

Not only guys can be complete idiots in the face of an attractive female. But females too in the face of an attractive guy.

I cant say its easy to she that Itou is cute =) but it looks like he is. The thing I dont like about Itou's Charachter is his voice.
schiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 07:51   Link #1223
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiffer View Post
I cant say its easy to she that Itou is cute =) but it looks like he is. The thing I dont like about Itou's Charachter is his voice.
The funny thing is that I feel the same way. For some reason his VA surely does add a lot of "annoyance" when doing his character.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 11:08   Link #1224
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ "just as planned"
Quote:

i guess soo...together with his rather "silent" personality i guess most girls would find his mysterious being interesting...unlike the loud mouth clown called taisuke but if any of them got to know him it would be their biggest mistake >.> (run kotonoha!)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 16:15   Link #1225
zerobde

I rarely post on Animesuki, but I read it several times a day. This is my KGNE! I've been waiting for a while for another series to come out similiar to KGNE. I won't bash Makoto for his decisions because to be honest, I knew a couple of friends just like him. That's what makes this anime interesting... I have second hand knowledge of situations like this. Yes, they never turn out good and someone always gets hurt, but it's very interesting to watch and see how it all goes wrong.

I would always ask my friends why don't they pick one girl and most of them always said because it's fun to have both. Only a couple said they really liked both and just didn't know which one to choose. They both offered something the other didn't have.

Honestly, I think Makoto just doesn't have the patience. The ep with the pool was the turning point for Kotonoha, but due to Sekai's training... Makoto was unable to see how much Kotonoha was trying to accommodate him

Too bad this is a short series, but at least they get to the point. I would love to play the game though.

I'll be back!
zerobde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 04:30   Link #1226
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I know this is pretty obvious for a Harem type of anime show, but this series shows alot of fanservice!
and its also all over in the opening sequence also...I'm not complaining or anything, but after watching episode 4, theres pretty much a good amount of fanservice in each episode...especially the next one, seems like Makoto and Kotonoha are going out to a pool.

@Deathkillz, uh what do you mean by "just as planned"?
I guess the irritating-ness of Makoto is really getting to me...he likes to rush things with a girl who is super sensitive. By this I mean he just wants "some", but I guess it can't be helped since they are in high school and hormones seem to go out of control during those years, but its a special case for Makoto. Its like he can't seem to control these feelings even though Saionji keeps on telling him that Kotonoha is a very sensitive girl and hates aggressive people.
Old 2007-08-10, 05:04   Link #1227
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
The funny thing is that I feel the same way. For some reason his VA surely does add a lot of "annoyance" when doing his character.

perhaps this was done on purpose
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 05:05   Link #1228
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

If it was done on purpose, then they're doing a good job.
Old 2007-08-10, 07:20   Link #1229
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The funny thing about it: the VA is MUCH more annoying in the anime, than in the game.
Believe it or not, but despite the fact Makoto is a bit clueless/oblivious in the game, he DOES have feelings and CARES for the girls (in a certain extent). But he is as weak as his anime counterpart about sex.

this is the main reason i believe his anime version is terribly much worse, either because of his stupidity and indifference.
While in the game, he could screw because of being seducted but also burned by guilt, in the anime, he will go probably horny and nothing else.
Old 2007-08-10, 12:15   Link #1230
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
@Deathkillz, uh what do you mean by "just as planned"?
I guess the irritating-ness of Makoto is really getting to me...he likes to rush things with a girl who is super sensitive. By this I mean he just wants "some", but I guess it can't be helped since they are in high school and hormones seem to go out of control during those years, but its a special case for Makoto. Its like he can't seem to control these feelings even though Saionji keeps on telling him that Kotonoha is a very sensitive girl and hates aggressive people.
in that sense i bet the VA is intentionally making his voice to reflect what a jackass makoto is if you think a "cool smart" voice just wouldnt suit his image so covering it up with dumb-ness and cluelessness is perfect

he just cant help it being sexually deprived type of guy...(weak minded fool! >_<)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 09:54   Link #1231
Tabris

Well, I've finally watched the first two episodes of School Days

I'm just glad that I've finally started watching it. If it's anything like the game, It'll be most enjoyable.

Anyone got a subs comparison site for School Days? I've downloaded AnimeYoshi's subs, but they're 3 epis behind so I don't know whether or not I should stick.

Last edited by Tabris; 2007-08-13 at 15:07.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 14:01   Link #1232
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
perhaps this was done on purpose
Im going to agree but im sure its so much fun to do voices for asshole characters in anime.
Old 2007-08-16, 11:02   Link #1233
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Spoiler:

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 13:37   Link #1234
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You are asking a foreshadowing spoiler, which is most likely not really approved here.

that said, you don't do many things with a camera... (the camera itself is a huge hint where the anime will goes at this rate)
Old 2007-08-17, 11:11   Link #1235
Thingle
Banned

Just a clue... please? I wanna see a rape scene happen.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 12:20   Link #1236
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

again, this is not the thread for this. even clues are considered as spoilers, therefore, not appropriate for this thread.
if you are in dire need to know, ask on the game thread.

and care to elaborate why such scene would be a good addition for the current plot?
Old 2007-08-17, 14:20   Link #1237
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
So should I post my last comment in the Game to Anime comparison thread?

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 14:37   Link #1238
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

and care to elaborate why such scene would be a good addition for the current plot?
It's good because it will help stimulate the imaginations of people like me.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 19:56   Link #1239
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

I like it how some people think that we shouldn't blame Makoto for his actions because he's just acting like a "hormone driven" teenager. Thing is, most of the GOOD "hormone driven" teenagers don't take it THIS far, while the HORRIBLE people do. I say hating a horrible person and blaming them for their actions is valid.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 00:04   Link #1240
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yay! Got what I wanted!

Has anyone wondered why Kotonoha has such a large bust size?

Answer: Her mom...

Anyone want the "three sizes" of all of the School/Summer Days girls? I don't mind posting them, being bored and depressed.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere