AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-23, 20:53   Link #821
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Hello! *closes eyes to avoid massive spoilers and speculations*

Will Umineko Ep 5 contain the previous 4 episodes?
Up until now, each game contained the previous eposides. But this is going to be a new title (When they Cry 4). So I'm wondering If they'll add the previous VN episodes. ^^
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 20:54   Link #822
luckyssol

No episode 5 is stand alone and only contains episode 5
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:15   Link #823
Demoned Away

Is that because 5 starts the "answer" arcs? Or...?
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:18   Link #824
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Is that because 5 starts the "answer" arcs? Or...?
Yup. It worked the same way with Higurashi and Higurashi Kai. Since this is "When They Cry 4" instead of 3, it's considered as a sort of "sequel" or "part 2" to Umineko. :3

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 14:27   Link #825
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
I wonder if we'll also get a 4.5... or a 5. :O
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 15:53   Link #826
gtr06
Golden Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Saw that as well
Can it be that Beatrice resigned as the Golden Witch and joined Battler
and then someone came and took her place as the Golden Witch and carried on with the game?

Great~Then we won't have any troubles with beating the bad witch~
Wouldn't Battler join the Golden Witch instead? Its pretty much been established that a miracle for victory wouldn't be granted to the Endless witch, backed up by certainty making the other witches seem more like villains compared to the Golden Witch.

Then again she is the "endless" witch for a reason, maybe everything she does is just to keep things endless.
gtr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:22   Link #827
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
I wonder if we'll also get a 4.5... or a 5. :O
Rei was When They Cry 2+ so maybe we will have a 4+.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 07:25   Link #828
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Rei was When They Cry 2+ so maybe we will have a 4+.
THat's why I said it, it's been called 2.5 too. -narrows eyes playfully-
Old 2009-07-26, 07:39   Link #829
ghost_zero5

@gtr06:
I wonder about this too: What would actually happen if Beatrice wins and why is she doing this exactly. I mean currently it doesn't really seem that she has anything to gain from it, except the possibility of dying by losing. OK the said something about being a witch outside the "game world" but somehow this is kinda strange. Especially, why does she need the approval from Battler?
Also I agree those two other witches seem to be pretty evil - though they aren't too bad in hiding it.

Last edited by ghost_zero5; 2009-07-26 at 07:50.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 07:59   Link #830
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

She's doing it because she's not a real witch. She only has power because of Lambdadelta, who is supporting her. She's playing the game because if she wins then she'll become a witch like Lambda and Bern. Plus, y'know, Lambda said she'd banish her to a miserable kakera if she doesn't play. :P
Old 2009-07-26, 08:35   Link #831
ghost_zero5

Hmm. OK but why Battler? Yeah, I know it is partly because he denies her being a witch but somehow I doubt that is the only reason. Especially, after that "short" scene in episode 4 but actually already before this.

And if she wasn't a witch before, from whom did Kinzo get his gold and how?
Well, Beatrice could have been Virgilia that time but the picture wouldn't fit in that case and also it seems like he definitely wanted to meet the current Beatrice.
Also why is she an endless witch, if she got the power from Lambda who doesn't seem to be an endless witch. Wouldn't Lambda normallly have a higher "power"?
Furthermore, this point could actually be a complete fake or at least not the complete truth. After all no one said this in red and according to what was stated here or in the translation page earlier, this game has "fake clues" too.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 12:30   Link #832
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Hmm. OK but why Battler? Yeah, I know it is partly because he denies her being a witch but somehow I doubt that is the only reason. Especially, after that "short" scene in episode 4 but actually already before this.

And if she wasn't a witch before, from whom did Kinzo get his gold and how?
Well, Beatrice could have been Virgilia that time but the picture wouldn't fit in that case and also it seems like he definitely wanted to meet the current Beatrice.
Also why is she an endless witch, if she got the power from Lambda who doesn't seem to be an endless witch. Wouldn't Lambda normallly have a higher "power"?
Furthermore, this point could actually be a complete fake or at least not the complete truth. After all no one said this in red and according to what was stated here or in the translation page earlier, this game has "fake clues" too.
Endless Witch is considered a borrowed title. It's something passed down, not usually kept for a long period of time. Lambdadelta, a real witch, recommended Beatrice to become the new Endless Witch after Virgilia, in exchange for a perfect game board (which she used against Bernkastel).

But if Lambdadelta removes the recommendation at any time then Beatrice is no longer the Endless Witch and the title is probably passed back to Virgilia.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:11   Link #833
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Endless Witch is considered a borrowed title. It's something passed down, not usually kept for a long period of time. Lambdadelta, a real witch, recommended Beatrice to become the new Endless Witch after Virgilia, in exchange for a perfect game board (which she used against Bernkastel).

But if Lambdadelta removes the recommendation at any time then Beatrice is no longer the Endless Witch and the title is probably passed back to Virgilia.
According to Lambdadelta diary... is something more Takano-like. Symbolic stuff, like the culprit formulating a wish to the certainty.

"I want to be a witch" instead of "I want to be god."
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:17   Link #834
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
According to Lambdadelta diary... is something more Takano-like. Symbolic stuff, like the culprit formulating a wish to the certainty.

"I want to be a witch" instead of "I want to be god."
Indeed, but Lambda pretty much said in the EP 3 tea party that she could easily make Beatrice a human again and Lambda said in Eva-Beatrice's coronation ceremony that she was the one who recommended Eva become the new witch after finding the gold.
Old 2009-07-26, 13:18   Link #835
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
She's doing it because she's not a real witch. She only has power because of Lambdadelta, who is supporting her. She's playing the game because if she wins then she'll become a witch like Lambda and Bern. Plus, y'know, Lambda said she'd banish her to a miserable kakera if she doesn't play. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post

Where has it been referenced that Lambdadelta has that much sway and/or power? Or that Virgilia would take back the title?

Seriously she's mostly been a non-factor in the story up until now... although part of me wonders if Black Witch EVA-Beatrice came about from her help.
Old 2009-07-26, 13:23   Link #836
Kitsu
The unlucky one

@stray
Extra TIPs released by Ryukishi. it's an entry of Lamda's diary, ihn which she says that she granted someone the power to become a witch instead a god (like takano wanted)

Quote:
Or that Virgilia would take back the title?
She wanted to do that in her overpowered mega fight with Beatrice in Ep 3
Old 2009-07-26, 13:41   Link #837
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
@stray
Extra TIPs released by Ryukishi. it's an entry of Lamda's diary, ihn which she says that she granted someone the power to become a witch instead a god (like takano wanted)
Hrm... are they around on the forums?

So wait there's no direct reference to Beato? If they were in reference to Eva-B, I could totally see that especially in light of what Marion said about having Lambda's 'recommendation.' I was wondering where all this 'certainty' of where the gold was came from. Going to have to read over it though, if it somehow refers to Beato that would be... interesting.

Quote:
She wanted to do that in her overpowered mega fight with Beatrice in Ep 3
Ah good point. Still though, they're BFF now. And technically the title has already been passed down... then again it's still really subjective what's real and what's troll in episode 3 overall.
Old 2009-07-26, 13:53   Link #838
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
So wait there's no direct reference to Beato?
Direct reference can be found in the Episode secret tea party
And yes they are around in te forum, wait let me look I think I might have the links somewhere

Anti FanatsyxAnti-Mysterie: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2220584
Bern's letter: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2212848
Lambda's diary entry:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2214696
Old 2009-07-26, 14:05   Link #839
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

Where has it been referenced that Lambdadelta has that much sway and/or power? Or that Virgilia would take back the title?

Seriously she's mostly been a non-factor in the story up until now... although part of me wonders if Black Witch EVA-Beatrice came about from her help.
If you read the TIPs for EP 3 titled "Regarding the Succession of the Witch"

Custom dictates that a witch from another sect much make a recommendation for the succession. Lambdadelta recommended EVA. Bernkastel recommended ANGE. It is unknown who recommended Beatrice.

Although that's what the TIPs state it's implied that Lambdadelta is recommending Beatrice. That's why Beatrice is afraid of Lambdadelta - because she can take away her witch powers anytime she wants by removing recommendation.
Old 2009-07-26, 14:07   Link #840
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Direct reference can be found in the Episode secret tea party
And yes they are around in te forum, wait let me look I think I might have the links somewhere

Anti FanatsyxAnti-Mysterie: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2220584
Bern's letter: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2212848
Lambda's diary entry:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2214696
Mmm broken links. Wait you mean the regular ending Tea Party to episode 3 right?