AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 104 53.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 28.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 8.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-28, 15:11   Link #541
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Finally got around to watching this. I can say that this episode basically allowed the series to go out with a bang even if it wasn't enough to make up for all the crap the audience had to suffer through. Where this episode shined was in presenting the wealth of background information on the various factions that populate this particular universe and the stakes that these sides have in the outcome. Somehow, the wrangling strikes me as philosophers with sticks more than anything substantial, but I obviously don't have the background knowledge to do more than just speculate at this point.
Old 2009-09-28, 15:19   Link #542
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I've got a feeling that KyoAni isn't really constricting themselves with series endings and are focusing more on the stories. Obviously the 2006 ending is now episode 6 of this airing, giving closure to the first arc instead of the whole series. Endless Eight VIII had a similar setup with an ending that felt to many like a 'season ending.' The Sigh arc is the latest example of this. Any future long story arcs might also feature 'closure' endings that discard the ED to wrap things up without necessarily being the last episode of the season, choosing instead to take tell the story one 'arc' at a time.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Closed Thread