AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-02, 11:16   Link #2041
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
HOLY SHIT!!! Found this in the japanese wikipedia
Spoiler:

I guess this was revealed in the Drama CD included with the Blu-Ray.
It is a total rip from the Condor Heroes trilogy / Laughing Proud Wanderer.

In both the stories, they only touched upon a legendary swordsman who trained himself in the way of the swords (a sharp cutting sword in his youth, a poisonous whipblade in his 20s, a gigantic broadsword in his 30s, and a non-existent sword <represented by a wooden sword> in his 40s). In the description of the sword he used in the last part of his life, he described himself as "being able to use anything as a sword" and able to "win battles without reaching for swords". It is a total oxymoron, describing himself as "the ultimate sword" and "anything he holds is a sword.".

In Katanagatari, it seems that Sabi Hakuhei is the "multi-utility swordsman" while Kotoryuu is the "ultimate sword". Meaning which, if we combine both the Chinese wuxia culture with the Japanese swords culture as dictated in this story, Shiki Kikizaki is Dugu Qiubai himself*. However, it couldn't be considered a total rip from Jin Yong's novels because the story is too bloody heavy with detail of archaic Japanese culture and influences, and that the Chinese and Japanese shared very similar sword-making techniques a few hundred years ago.

Now, I don't see a reason for both the Chinese and Japanese government to have any political row over anything. They bloody shared pretty much the same martial-arts cultures with minute differences.

* - Though he could be said to be closer to Yue Mingke from The Demoness Bride With White Hair by Liang Yusheng because he crafted his own swords. However, he did not develop any multipurpose sword skills like Dugu Qiubai, so the latter would be closer. Anyway, that saves that old man from writing a story of an invincible hero in detail, Shikizaki Kiki from Katanagatari, in my opinion depicts an invincible swordsman and his dream of perfection in the way of the swords, brilliantly.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 17:32   Link #2042
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Houou fans, rejoice.
Spoiler for Battle Card for Episode 11:

And episode 08 digest, as usual.

Oh by the way, I just watched something great, so allow me a little joke.
OMG THAT BATTLE CARD IS TEH BEST OF THEM ALL. Sorry for caps. The fanboy inside me just quivered in excitement.
Old 2010-11-04, 04:00   Link #2043
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Aw how could I not think of that.
Taku Iwasaki, the series composer, mentioned that the second OST CD will be out in December on his blog back in June! And, yeah, seems like it's just one more CD.

Update: While he explicitly mentions that there are around 60 pieces total composed for the series, he says that since there are only two CDs planned, about 40 will make it to the release, which forces him to make choices.

...Why wouldn't they just do three then? Yeah, well, that's Lantis for you. He also said he was taking requests in his blog (which, according to him, was sure to make people at Lantis angry at him, lol) but that was some months ago. He promises to make Vol 2 more rich and varied, which is a no-brainer, conisdering the diverse character themes featured episode after episode.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-11-04 at 11:29.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 22:37   Link #2044
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Damnit, I wish I could understand the CD's. I would love to learn all those thins in there. But only one more OST? Hmm, should be rather large (meaning: consisting of alot of tacks) ...hopefully, the bigger the better? Am I right?
Old 2010-11-05, 06:28   Link #2045
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Episode 11 Alternative Preview #2
Here.
Can't wait.

Quote:
But only one more OST? Hmm, should be rather large (meaning: consisting of alot of tacks) ...hopefully, the bigger the better?
Like I said, around 20 tracks. Basically, together with the OST1 released in June, two thirds of the complete score will be available.
Old 2010-11-05, 07:05   Link #2046
Horse

Quote:
A...Why wouldn't they just do three then? Yeah, well, that's Lantis for you.
Uh. So what makes this special? 2 volume OST releases are pretty much the standard for a 26 episode long series (despite them selling abysmally even) and unreleased soundtrack material is nothing new.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 07:22   Link #2047
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Uh. So what makes this special? 2 volume OST releases are pretty much the standard for a 26 episode long series (despite them selling abysmally even) and unreleased soundtrack material is nothing new.
I didn't really say it's special.
Though it's still rather unfortunate.
The score is just too good.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-11-05 at 07:32.
Old 2010-11-05, 13:15   Link #2048
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's a huge shame we won't have all of the pieces, though at least a second soundtrack release date has finally appeared. December is a fitting month.
Old 2010-11-05, 15:28   Link #2049
shichi-chan
Mippa~

That preview I think .... I think I jus--HHHHNNNNNGGGGGHHHH
Old 2010-11-05, 19:46   Link #2050
Horse

Quote:
I didn't really say it's special.
Though it's still rather unfortunate.
The score is just too good.
So why throw "that's Lantis for you" as if they were (the only company) notorious for not releasing all music from a show?
Old 2010-11-05, 21:57   Link #2051
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

OMG OMG, that preview! I cant wait! Everything looks so dramatic and badass, especially Houou-sama! <3 <3 <3 *Fangirl scream for Houou*
Old 2010-11-06, 01:48   Link #2052
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
So why throw "that's Lantis for you" as if they were (the only company) notorious for not releasing all music from a show?
True enough. Because that was their decision and they did not fail to disappoint? I'm really tired of all publishing companies' decisions that seem to happen at complete random. Nothing stopped them from doing a 3CD release for Canaan, and that show was 1 cour.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-11-06 at 02:38.
Old 2010-11-06, 03:37   Link #2053
KittyMaverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
OMG OMG, that preview! I cant wait! Everything looks so dramatic and badass, especially Houou-sama! <3 <3 <3 *Fangirl scream for Houou*
I'm screaming along right with you....*SQUEAL*
KittyMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 10:12   Link #2054
Horse

Quote:
Nothing stopped them from doing a 3CD release for Canaan, and that show was 1 cour.
I guess they thought it would sell well. (Or Hikaru Nanase had a lot of power and a lot to say in the release decision. Perhaps even spent her own money on it.)

But that aside, I wouldn't really take CANAAN into this discussion as the soundtrack for it IS, in fact, a SPECIAL case. It's something I haven't come across in a TV series before - not a collection of random compositions that get reused in every other episode, but a real score - over 3 hours of original music for a 13 episode show. Now this release WAS special on Lantis' part. I would even say unprecedented but I obviously haven't seen every anime/soundtrack there is...

Last edited by Horse; 2010-11-06 at 10:25.
Old 2010-11-06, 13:43   Link #2055
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Yay more Houou-sama fans!!! I thought I was the only one
Old 2010-11-08, 00:19   Link #2056
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
Yay more Houou-sama fans!!! I thought I was the only one
I wanted to keep it to myself, but with this upcoming episode I can't hide it any longer. I can't wait to see our long overdue Houou-sama goodness! <3
Old 2010-11-08, 15:42   Link #2057
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Um... Aniplex producer "Yuma" posted some pictures from some kind of an event...
First, this.

Note the new artwork: Take's dark-green illustration for the third box (oh god) and Episode 9 bright orange home video cover. Amazing as ever, I can tell even by that. Really needs scale, I didn't realize what that dark-green thing was at first, but man, that's some crazy awesome stuff. Seeing them all together like that...

And finally, some figurines.
Old 2010-11-08, 16:49   Link #2058
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Do want. And I mean all of it. :x
Old 2010-11-08, 23:24   Link #2059
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Katanagatari Original Soundtrack #2 Tracklist.
Release date: December 22, 2010. 3000 yen.

[1] Peacock blue eyes Hiteihime's Theme?
[2] 鉄兜系男子 (Tetsukabukei Danshi)
[3] どうせこんなのがスキでしょ? (Douse Konna no ga Suki desho?)
[4] 珍丼屋 (Chindon'ya)
[5] 怪力童女 (Kairiki Doujo)
[6] 極めてお決まりな... (Kiwamete Okimari na)
[7] Her wish is to die too
[8] (Ootori)
[9] Badlake
[10] 羽付妹 (Hanetsuki mai)
[11] Layback I guess that's the song from last scenes of episode 3 and 7. Some were expecting this one.
[12] Sonatine for flute&piano
[13] Deathflag No1 OH YOU
[14] 般若波羅蜜多 (Hannyaharamitta)
[15] 追いかけてOB (Oikakete OB)
[16] Deathflag No2
[17] 私はそなたに惚れても良いか? (Watashi wa Sonata ni Horete mo Ii ka?)
[18] Last Battle
[19] Bahasa Palsu jazz’nmix So it's "Palsu", huh. Yay for that new version of it! Pretty much Libera Me From Hell of this series, I guess.
[20] With best wishes

That's funny. Despite the first disc having tracks named "Promise 1" and "Battle 1"... Promise 2 and Battle 2 are nowhere to be found!

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-11-09 at 14:03.
Old 2010-11-09, 04:38   Link #2060
Kakkou
Tch.

Aha, so Palus was Palsu afterall, it's been nagging at me for the longest time. Thanks for all these wonderful updates~
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy