AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 06:15   Link #281
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I'm really enjoying the 1st eps, the dialogue n seiyuu is very hilarious in some moment
Artwork is cool and the story premise intriquing me, and surprisingly the pacing issue that mentioned by VN's reader not affected the only anime watcher like me, maybe this is a good sign.
Old 2011-04-06, 06:25   Link #282
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mayushii is so freaking adorable <3333
Definitely one of Kana-chan's most moe role. That alone makes this series a must watch for me.

Okarin is a very fun character (in great part thanks to Miyano's awesomely over the top performance), and Daru, while extremely stereotypical, was also entertaining. I can't comment much on the plot based on this episode alone. This obviously has to do with time travel (I agree with jix that Okarin is probably experiencing chronesthesia), but beyond that, I'm clueless. This was one of the most confusing first episode I've seen in a while.

Animation was indeed excellent, but movie quality? No, not really. They exaggerated a little bit, as expected. Nonetheless, I'm glad I waited for the HD version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
When I heard that, my first thought was: "Oi, oi, what about entropy and the heat death of the universe?"
He needed to attend Kyubey-sensei's lecture instead of that quack's.
Old 2011-04-06, 06:51   Link #283
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
I can see trap.
*Grinning*
And bouncy bouncy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan
Okabe is even BETTER this way, omg.
It takes quite a bit of character to be able to do the VA of Okabe. The original game cannot be this good if the VA for him is bad. Ruwahahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakisobapan
Finally watched the first episode...
Hype level has officially gone through the roof now-if they continue like this it'll turn out to be completely amazing. I got goosebumps when Steiners;Gate was used as a bgm during the last scene...
Oh man, there too many scene which I can't wait to see animated already.
I will watch tonight after work. I am so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
When I heard that, my first thought was: "Oi, oi, what about entropy and the heat death of the universe?"
He needed to attend Kyubey-sensei's lecture instead of that quack's.
One thing you will notice ... after some progression in the plot, that are some parallels between Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica. The writer behind both are from the same company anyway (Nitro+). I am sure Urobuchi has played Steins;Gate

Last edited by MaiNoKen; 2011-04-06 at 07:30.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 06:54   Link #284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51245880.html (NSFW)

The second (and third) pic
Old 2011-04-06, 06:59   Link #285
Dahak86
Classics never age

... you did it on purpose! cannot unsee...

but the fourth pic is very much of my liking.
you know where can I find it, how shall we say, "unc"?
Old 2011-04-06, 07:01   Link #286
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why? Why did I follow the link?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 07:53   Link #287
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
what's ' with the metal Upa? any speculations?
It spiked his Dr Pepper, real talk.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 11:07   Link #288
larethian

Steins;Gate is all about getting MF-ed in an awesome way!!! I actually prefer its theme than Chaos;Head. unfortunately, I haven't the time to watch the anime yet... Though my advice is not to get confused now, or your brain might stop working later wwwwww!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 11:14   Link #289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Though my advice is not to get confused now, or your brain might stop working later wwwwww!
Most people are used to shows that explain what's going on straight off the bat, so i fear for those people that will have no idea what's going on after watching the first episode.

Me? I loved it.
Old 2011-04-06, 11:24   Link #290
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Most people are used to shows that explain what's going on straight off the bat, so i fear for those people that will have no idea what's going on after watching the first episode.
tsk tsk tsk, well..... they're not to supposed to get it after episode 1!
meh, I might have to delay this till weekend.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 11:37   Link #291
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It spiked his Dr Pepper, real talk.
I see,
===
I loved this quote...

"Those who possess wisdom are the greatest fools"
Old 2011-04-06, 12:45   Link #292
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Man that ';' is playing havoc with my PC

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:13   Link #293
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Nice, fun, and perhaps most importantly, different.

Great to see a mad scientist main protagonist. That's not something you see everyday, especially in anime. The fact that he's voiced by an entertainingly hammy seiyu makes it that much better.

I love the slightly Twilight Zone-esque mystery/conspiracy feel to everything.

This feels like serious sci-fi to me, and that's definitely welcomed too.

The main trio have great comedic chemistry, and bounce off of one another really well.

They also speak directly to anime fans - The Super Hacker that many viewers can probably relate to, the Mad Scientist that many viewers can admire and cheer on, and the moe girl that many viewers can go "D'Aawwwww!" over. In one swoop, the main trio provides three important character roles that can really help an anime show resonate with anime fans.

I wouldn't say that the animation quality is exactly movie caliber, but it is great for a TV anime.

All in all, my favorite "Episode 1" of the anime season so far. I'm going to give it a 10/10, which is rare for me.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:42   Link #294
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Did the satellite just appear in the middle of the building, or was it supposed to have actually crashed there? Not much of an impact if it actually fell from orbit.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:00   Link #295
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

My god. Did the producers go inside my brain to discover what I think would be the ideal anime or something?

I LOVE shows like this, that make a point of introducing ambiguous, confusing elements designed in such a way as to build up to an enormous reveal later on that leaves my brain absolutely shattered at the implications of such a twist. I also love shows where the lead character has the strongest personality, rather than the opposite, which is typical. And damn do I ever love time travel.

Perfection.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:14   Link #296
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I also love shows where the lead character has the strongest personality, rather than the opposite, which is typical.
That's a very good point, and I agree.

It's very refreshing to see an anime where the lead protagonist has the strongest personality. The lead protagonist is the guy/gal that's going to be on-screen the most, so why shouldn't he or she be the most entertaining character?
Old 2011-04-06, 15:17   Link #297
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Going to give this one a very tentative and cautious watch on the condition that it actually proves fairly early on that it's likely to have a plot and decent relatable characters. That means any sense of an attempt to waste time or the observance of stock episodes on more than one occasion will cause me to default back to the other stuff I've been watching lately.

This looks......promising.....though....if I was honestly worried about any telling sign that I might be about to step on another land mine it's the character designs of some of the girls looking a bit over cutesy. So Steins;Gate, am I in for a scif-fi/thriller or am I going to get faked out into some harem affair?

By the way I haven't seen Chaos;Head and have no real intention to. Do I actually need to see that before I see this show, cause otherwise I'm probably not going to bother unless I can just read a synopsis or something.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:17   Link #298
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Hiroshi Hamasaki, when it comes to stories with science-fiction, I know you're the man to rely on (He made Texhnolyze after all, which is one of my all-time favorites).

I am definitely also in the category of people that tends to prefer the main lead to have the strongest personality.

Obviously the claims of movie quality animation were a bit over the top, but it was very good nonetheless.

So far the best episode of the season from any anime, though I did like Hanu-saku Iroha as well.

I'll give this episode a 9/10. It wasn't the best first episode I've seen afterall, but pretty damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
By the way I haven't seen Chaos;Head and have no real intention to. Do I actually need to see that before I see this show, cause otherwise I'm probably not going to bother unless I can just read a synopsis or something.
No you don need to see Chaos;Head, at best there might be a reference or two back to if you're fmailiar with it you may go "Oh yeah...!" but aren't really relevant.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:21   Link #299
Jao
panchi~

My only problem with this first episode was that Kurisu didn't get nearly enough screentime or lines to justify how gorgeous she is.

Hopefully that will be solved in the near future.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:29   Link #300
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
From what I've heard there's some small connections (largely the fictionalized names of websites remaining consistent) but otherwise, no, you don't need to see Chaos;Head.

Also, was that really Tomokazu Seki voicing the otaku guy? Damn, I was expecting him to sound more like Panties...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation