AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 15:10   Link #7161
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Haha, I see.

I'll get one ASAP, studying without a dictionary is kinda hard.

Thanks!
Old 2013-10-02, 16:15   Link #7162
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
You know I had been recommended various programs for video conversion on this very forum but I know that not the programs are reliable. I know on last computer I downloaded some programs and they turned out be very bad for the computer although I suspect that the hard drive I bought was corrupt to begin with. Are there free video conversion programs that are not only reliable but are virus free and causes no crashes? Especially since I want convert videos for my PSP and Android.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:23   Link #7163
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
You know I had been recommended various programs for video conversion on this very forum but I know that not the programs are reliable. I know on last computer I downloaded some programs and they turned out be very bad for the computer although I suspect that the hard drive I bought was corrupt to begin with. Are there free video conversion programs that are not only reliable but are virus free and causes no crashes? Especially since I want convert videos for my PSP and Android.
I usually use Handbrake for my video conversion needs. It's pretty nice and even allows for SSA subtitles (the usual in anime mkv releases) to be burned into the picture.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:29   Link #7164
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
^ Agree, I use Handbrake Nightly, very easy to use.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 04:55   Link #7165
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
How do you navigate 4chan? How do you navigate imageboard websites?
Old 2013-10-06, 06:50   Link #7166
Zakoo

You click on /thing/ on the up part, and scroll down or scroll up if it didn't change in the past 3 years.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 01:18   Link #7167
takai
Easy Muffin

Question: Is getting a monitor for a laptop a good or bad idea?

Spoiler for My Situation:

I plan on getting it tomorrow, but I'd like to hear some people's opinions on it before I go out and drop a bunch of money.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 15:17   Link #7168
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ sounds too much of a hassle if you dont have the space for it. if you have room to adjust
for the monitor, i dont see why you shouldn't get it if you want it.

if it was me, i probably wont get it since i dont need two monitors. if i need to watch anime on
big screen, i just hooked up the HDMI from my desktop to my LED. having a desktop is nice.

(i was about to suggest getting a desktop instead, but since you dont want it, oh well.)
Old 2013-10-07, 20:32   Link #7169
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ sounds too much of a hassle if you dont have the space for it. if you have room to adjust
for the monitor, i dont see why you shouldn't get it if you want it.

if it was me, i probably wont get it since i dont need two monitors. if i need to watch anime on
big screen, i just hooked up the HDMI from my desktop to my LED. having a desktop is nice.

(i was about to suggest getting a desktop instead, but since you dont want it, oh well.)
Actually I have plenty of space for a monitor. What I meant was I had trouble finding space for my laptop when I want to hook it up to my television.

But I decided to go and just buy it anyway. Haven't had a chance to really use it due to me having to work. But I appreciate your feedback, thanks.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 00:36   Link #7170
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I am not sure where to ask this, but can anyone tell me how to make a gif avatar? I feel bad for keep asking for requests.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:09   Link #7171
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
I am not sure where to ask this, but can anyone tell me how to make a gif avatar? I feel bad for keep asking for requests.
Better first to choose which software you wish to use. Most go to either Photoshop and GIMP.

For guides go Here

I recommend GIMP for starters since it's very basic and easy to use.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:38   Link #7172
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Better first to choose which software you wish to use. Most go to either Photoshop and GIMP.

For guides go Here

I recommend GIMP for starters since it's very basic and easy to use.

wow thanks for the guide! I'll have to learn them some other time. I don't have imageready though...let's hope it's have been with photoshop CS 3 just like said.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:32   Link #7173
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have been getting some bad cough recently just right after mid-night. Sometime even when i'm half-asleep and fully got my blanket on, on bed. Any idea what could happen? Or is it just a coincidence that it always happen after mid-night?
Old 2013-10-12, 14:19   Link #7174
Guernsey
The GAP Man

was just installing some updates on my computer and after I installed those updates my, I noticed that I couldn't use the 'Stand By' button or that it wasn't in Power options anymore. What happened and what can I do to get it back?
Old 2013-10-16, 09:48   Link #7175
abc0716

Planning to get some albums at the end of this month, however one of the albums I want (probably) is Hybrid SACD instead of conventional CDs I got so far.

Will I able to open & rip (by using WMP) the SACD with my laptop like normal audio CDs, without any major problems?
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 15:17   Link #7176
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Planning to get some albums at the end of this month, however one of the albums I want (probably) is Hybrid SACD instead of conventional CDs I got so far.

Will I able to open & rip (by using WMP) the SACD with my laptop like normal audio CDs, without any major problems?
If they are Hybrid SACD then yes, you'll very likely be able to open then on regular CD/DVD players like any normal CD but you will only have access to the legacy redbook tracks and not the higher quality SACD tracks. According to wikipedia:

Quote:
Objective lenses in conventional CD players have a longer working distance, or focal length, than lenses designed for SACD players. This means that when a hybrid SACD is placed into a conventional CD player, the laser beam passes the high-resolution layer and is reflected by the conventional layer at the standard 1.2 mm distance, and the high-density layer is out of focus. When the disc is placed into an SACD player, the laser is reflected by the high-resolution layer (at 0.6 mm distance) before it can reach the conventional layer. Conversely, if a conventional CD is placed into an SACD player, the laser will read the disc as a CD since there is no high-resolution layer.
IMHO, unless you have a SACD player and a good sound system already, springing the extra cash for them isn't worth it.
Old 2013-10-17, 05:52   Link #7177
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If they are Hybrid SACD then yes, you'll very likely be able to open then on regular CD/DVD players like any normal CD but you will only have access to the legacy redbook tracks and not the higher quality SACD tracks. According to wikipedia:

IMHO, unless you have a SACD player and a good sound system already, springing the extra cash for them isn't worth it.
I see, thanks for answered my question.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 16:33   Link #7178
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Does anyone know how to get Format Factory to convert videos with subs in them? I use to able to do it before without much trouble it seems that every time I try to convert a video with subs into another format, the subs are gone and I don't see them.
Old 2013-10-29, 08:13   Link #7179
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I need help with a statistical question.

I am having a debate with someone who claim Asians (Not just chinese) in America are some kind of advantageous race (like whites).

He cites Out of X amount of poor children below poverty line, Asians are only 575K, about 13% of all "poor"

I retorted Asians are only 6% of the population, there were, there wouldn't be a significant # of "poor asians"because the 575K is a fixed number. If the Asian population suddenly shoot up, the poor will also do.

And he said I have no understanding of statistics.

Someone care to explain it to me?
Old 2013-10-29, 08:37   Link #7180
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
I need help with a statistical question.

I am having a debate with someone who claim Asians (Not just chinese) in America are some kind of advantageous race (like whites).

He cites Out of X amount of poor children below poverty line, Asians are only 575K, about 13% of all "poor"

I retorted Asians are only 6% of the population, there were, there wouldn't be a significant # of "poor asians"because the 575K is a fixed number. If the Asian population suddenly shoot up, the poor will also do.

And he said I have no understanding of statistics.

Someone care to explain it to me?
Won't it be easier to ask him to prove it to you on the spot, mathematically, how his idea of "statistics" work?

I mean, that is obviously ad hominem. It is a game of "counter-sniping" or "take your path of light and I'll take my wooden bridge"; if he turns up nothing then it is better to spend more time bidding for a loli in Kyrgyzstan than continue.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious