AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 13:57   Link #1
Allen
メインヒロイン

Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! (This Light Novel is Amazing!)

Well, well, well, I wasn't expecting myself to post here again, but it doesn't fell right to see posts about the KonoRano in different topics (2012 & 2013) every year. And Oregairu went really well this year, so why not? The complete list for 2013 is in this post. I left in bold some personal recommendations.

Rankings from 2013 onwards:

Spoiler for Konorano 2013:

Spoiler for Konorano 2014:

Spoiler for Konorano 2015:

Spoiler for Konorano 2016:

EDIT: Updated with the rankings of 2015 and 2016.

Last edited by Allen; 2015-11-22 at 07:14. Reason: Update
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:06   Link #2
tomtkp

The "monitors" group is kind of like the target demographic group. They are light novel readers who are between 12 to 18 years old and read at least 51 light novel series in a year.
Old 2012-11-19, 14:14   Link #3
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Interesting. I'm planning to read Ben-To, but I'd like to read No Game No Life also.

Glad to see DxD and Mahouka's illustrators at the top :3
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:18   Link #4
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Surprised to see issei in the top 30 and tatsuya in top 10
Old 2012-11-19, 14:32   Link #5
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Surprised to see issei in the top 30 and tatsuya in top 10
Tatsuya is getting more fans (even some fujoshi whom are uploading some disturbing images with him in yaoi-mode D: ).
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 17:13   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In the end, a thread for KonoRano was eventually formed Now this is awkward since we've spread the discussions over the New Release thread as well as Index Light Novel...

Ah what the heck.... this isn't the first time I've copy pasta-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah, she's not letting go any time soon... You know, if Asuna REALLY wants to beat Mikoto, what she really needs to do is stop appearing so much...

*copy pasta*

Given the undeniable massive rise in popularity, the only thing the rest of us needed to speculate is who's going to be second place But as it turns out, we didn't need to do that either so we'll move on to third place

六花の勇者 is this year's 'Circlet Girl', with massive support from the collaborators but barely any from the public or that third party.

Baka-Test isn't going anywhere as expected.

OreImo and Durarara triumphantly reclaimed their position back in the top 10.

OMG! Horizon actually broke into the Top Ten LOLOLOL...!

AW almost halves it's distance from SAO, but still not it enough... I doubt it would get a chance like this again until three years later.

Ben-to fell like a rock, Haganai even worse.

Kokoro Connect keeping it steady.

Kino isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
For completion sake...

The remaining 40 on the list... Still no Heavy Object Though I recognized a few new titles just out this year...

Spoiler for Personal remarks for Lower 40 Light Novels 2013::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler for Top 30 Female Characters:

Spoiler for Top 30 Male Characters:

Skipping the top ten and focusing on the lower 20....

Quote:
14. Daisuke Kusuriya/Mushi Uta - Oh my god you're still alive !!
19. Haruyuki Arita/Accel World - *slow clap*
23. Godōu Kusanagi/Campione! - *slow clap*
25. Subaru Hasegawa/Ro-Kyu-Bu - Lolicon bastard spotted !
28. Hamazura Shiage/Index New Testament - End of the Century list Emperor!
29. Yoshiharu Sagara/Oda Nobuna no Yabō - Now this is a surprise

15. Ayase Aragaki/OreImo - My Angel Ayase ga Konna ni Kawaii !
18. Hitagi Senjougahara/Monogatari - Why you cut hair ?
20. Shiba Miyuki/MAHOUKA - WARNING, brocon spotted
22. Shana/Shakugan no Shana - Hang in there!
23. Shiina Mashiro/Sakurasou - There you are.
24. Nate Mitotsudaira/Horizon - Flat chest evaded into the top 30 !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 17:23   Link #7
NeutralZero

It's amazing they accepted Hideyoshi as a female contestant... and the fact that he manage to enter both top 30 at that...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 18:07   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

With Progressive now helping to milk the series for years to come, I suspect the top 2 positions to be lock in eternal battle between SAO and Index for a long time. Its quite possible for Mahouka to break the deadlock when it finally gets an Anime... After all people responded well to Kirito so I expect no different for Tatsuya since they're both cut from the same haxx cloth.

Now Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come ga Machigatteiru? That's one of the biggest surprise this year- coming out of almost nowhere it easily broke into the top ten for all categories. To me it feels (as in my gut feeling) like the new Haganai, hopefully it avoids the mistakes of that one... Speaking of Haganai, that series dropped really fast after a promising leap two years ago... The only thing holding it in place are its two Heroines.

As I've talked to Kuro before, there are some questionable zero votes from the critics... Titles like DxD and Papakiki getting zero votes are normal, but when titles like Durarara, Baccano, Kino, AW, Kokoro Connect, Sakurasou gets zero support, things start to get eybrow-raising-worthy.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 17:51   Link #9
n0m@n
C-Z

Approximately 2 weeks until 2014 comes out huh.
I wonder if Asuna can beat Misaka for the number 1 female character since these two would probably dominate the votes again.
Old 2013-11-04, 17:57   Link #10
blackwhite67
Banned

I'm hoping for Touma to take back his rightful place as #!. Maybe it's just misfortune?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 17:59   Link #11
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I'll pray for Touma to overcome this!
Highly doubt Asuna can beat Mikoto, especially after Railgun S
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 18:02   Link #12
n0m@n
C-Z

Looks like it will be simply a war between Toaru and SAO battling out for the first spot in basically every category. 1.)Top LN, 2.) Top Girl, 3.)Top Guy.
Old 2013-11-04, 18:23   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Approximately 2 weeks until 2014 comes out huh.
I wonder if Asuna can beat Misaka for the number 1 female character since these two would probably dominate the votes again.
Not a chance, what you should be wondering is if Touma will overcome Kirito. I'm also interested to see if Izayoi's rank will increase as well...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 18:35   Link #14
JoksPacifist

Gakusen Toshi Asterik is sure to be on top 15, right ?

I just started reading it last week.
Old 2013-11-05, 03:48   Link #15
dragon1412

it seem hard, in Jp, gakuen toshi popularity is not that great, and most top spot always seized by index every years.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2013-11-09 at 04:22.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 22:21   Link #16
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah, it will be hard for Gakuen no Toshi to be in Top 15. Though it wont be hard to be among Top-60. The only LN from MF that can be placed in Top-15 is Haganai.
Despite my love for Fujimi Shobo, it feels hard for even one of their LN to be placed among top-20. Well, unless Saenai Heroine gets insane support that is.
But man. I sure would love to see Asuna getting number 1 spot(Yeah, it will be incredibly difficult).
Old 2013-11-09, 04:24   Link #17
dragon1412

Well considering a new Railgun anime season just come out, i'd say Mikoto is going to top the ranking again this year.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 05:22   Link #18
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Well considering a new Railgun anime season just come out, i'd say Mikoto is going to top the ranking again this year.
Allow me to say this, don't voters feel tired of voting for the same person over and over again for 5 years or something...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Yeah, it will be hard for Gakuen no Toshi to be in Top 15. Though it wont be hard to be among Top-60. The only LN from MF that can be placed in Top-15 is Haganai.
Despite my love for Fujimi Shobo, it feels hard for even one of their LN to be placed among top-20. Well, unless Saenai Heroine gets insane support that is.
But man. I sure would love to see Asuna getting number 1 spot(Yeah, it will be incredibly difficult).
I think Henneko will advance to top 15 this year given the presence of the anime (and why not? Given the general trend we have here, I suppose there would be quite a lot of lolicons voting either way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoksPacifist View Post
Gakusen Toshi Asterik is sure to be on top 15, right ?

I just started reading it last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
it seem hard, in Jp, gakuen toshi popularity is not that great, and most top spot always seized by index every years.
Ehh...no. For all of its glory, even IS only managed a peak of 48 or something. There are other factors in this voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Not a chance, what you should be wondering is if Touma will overcome Kirito. I'm also interested to see if Izayoi's rank will increase as well...
Touma over Kirito? I don't think so. Considering how SAO has (approximately) double the sales of Index per volume this, year, I think

Quote:
With Progressive now helping to milk the series for years to come, I suspect the top 2 positions to be lock in eternal battle between SAO and Index for a long time. Its quite possible for Mahouka to break the deadlock when it finally gets an Anime... After all people responded well to Kirito so I expect no different for Tatsuya since they're both cut from the same haxx cloth.

Now Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come ga Machigatteiru? That's one of the biggest surprise this year- coming out of almost nowhere it easily broke into the top ten for all categories. To me it feels (as in my gut feeling) like the new Haganai, hopefully it avoids the mistakes of that one... Speaking of Haganai, that series dropped really fast after a promising leap two years ago... The only thing holding it in place are its two Heroines.

As I've talked to Kuro before, there are some questionable zero votes from the critics... Titles like DxD and Papakiki getting zero votes are normal, but when titles like Durarara, Baccano, Kino, AW, Kokoro Connect, Sakurasou gets zero support, things start to get eybrow-raising-worthy.
I think Mahouka can break into top 5 at least (even SAO was ranked 1st for the 2012 poll before its anime was announced), and . And given how heavily marketed Mahouka was in the past year (to wit, they had a company-wide promotion of Mahouka at Kinokuniya in August this year), I think it should be high on the collabarators' list at least (and I would be somewhat surprised if Tatsuya doesn't hax his way over Accelerator this year at least)

I think the one that really came out of nowhere was Rokka no Yuusha (and it might slip up a little this year, but the story is still good), but honestly,

Some predictions on my side.

>Shinonome Yuuko and Sakurada Reset aren't going to be on the poll this year (well duh, there's no production this year.)
>Oreimo should be right in the top 5 mix (and gone next year)
>Baka Test will slip out of top 10
>Lost Love Detective will be in the top 30 at least. (Hey, it won a Dengeki novel prize at least. They'll market it.)
>Aldermann might make it into top 10 this year.
>Magdala for top 20 (I honestly hope it can make it to 10 at least. This one is good.)
>This will be Kokoro Connect's last hurrah. Top 15.
>Index will slip this year (yes, I said it). Partly the reason is because the action sequences has been getting overly complex as compared to previous volumes (look at NT 7 for example)
>AW will barely make it into top 10 this year.
>-Gatari will still not get enough love.
>Kino has, and will be like Gengar and Starmie, always in the OU top 20.
>Top 10: SAO, Mahouka, Index, Oreimo, Oregairu, Rokka, Horizon, Accel World, Aldermann, NGNL

Now, let's see how many of my guesses are correct.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2013-11-09 at 05:39.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 09:26   Link #19
JoksPacifist

Silly question: Does having a high number of sales is any indication of a series getting a top spot here in KonoRano ?
Old 2013-11-09, 10:06   Link #20
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoksPacifist View Post
Silly question: Does having a high number of sales is any indication of a series getting a top spot here in KonoRano ?
Rokka ?
I thinks it's sales not really great.

You should ask actually who's the voters in KonoRano.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote