AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-17, 10:26   Link #21
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Mind elaborating a bit? Us non-japanese speakers aren't familiar at all with Avex et al. Why would they be spending so much money on a niche show? ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 15:13   Link #22
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
^
Mind elaborating a bit? Us non-japanese speakers aren't familiar at all with Avex et al. Why would they be spending so much money on a niche show? ^^;
Well, to sell CDs, which an "idol" show with "big-name" seiyuu seems particularly suited to. Avex is huge independant record label based out of Japan. As with the whole "idol" scene itself (and, of course, true to the "bishoujo" genre), I fully expect this show to be all about showcasing and promoting the cute/beautiful characters with merchandise to follow. Sort of like "life imitating art imitating life".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 09:14   Link #23
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Not to mention, Avex have a lot of well-known Japanese singers under heir label.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 15:03   Link #24
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

Well, the raw's out for those interested
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 15:36   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, the first episode is very much a "setup" episode to introduce all the characters, the basic relationships, and the basic premise (manager struggles to lead his idol group to success, and finds love in the process). It's not really the type of episode that you can really say that much about (since it really is just a setup episode). They repeated the names for all the characters at least twice so you could try to get them all in your head.

The various idol songs were okay, but not particularly remarkable either. I liked the ED, but it did give away a lot of the plot (well, a lot was already given away anyway in promo material). The fact that the OP had a "loading bar" was funny. Animation was pretty passable (not that high budget, but not awful either), though the crowd in the concert was way too "on cue" in both action and sound. Of course, the character designs are cute, which everyone already knows. So all in all, it was an okay, if unremarkable, setup episode. Let's see where they go with it.
Old 2006-10-02, 16:25   Link #26
kari-no-sugata

Seems like this series is trying crowd-out next year's Saimoe contest

What our guitar-playing chick said at the end reminded me of Kyouko (main character of the Skip Beat! manga).

Spoiler for episode and Skip Beat spoilers:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:29   Link #27
dovac

If anyone cares...the 1st song after the op is called: シアワセ革命 and the song after that is ココロの矢印は上向き, they were used in the ps2 game...
dovac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:50   Link #28
SinsI

My opinion after watching episode 1:
Girl characters designs were really bad, they are totally clones of that same nameless doll anime character, the only guy wasn't anything special either.
Half en hour(at least it seemed like that to me) of mediocre singing was not a good start.
Nothing spectacular during the concert - come on, that was a professional pop show, and it was far below the level of the school concert we saw in Suzumiya Haruhi. Meaning that the production value is very low here.
Seiyu work - average. Nothing good, nothing particulary bad.
Thus, the only thing that might turn out good in this is the plot - which we saw only a tiny glimpse of.
Unless they manage to add something worthwhile in the latter episodes, I don't see myself watching this show.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:53   Link #29
Zhemos

The OP scared me.

Loli? Art that looks nothing like what it's suppose to be? Ohhh no!
But anyways the OP was cute, and the ED is pretty good as well.

I can't comment too much about the 1st episode since I don't understand that much japanese, but this show looks promising to me.

Does anyone know how long this series is gonna be? There's quite a lot of characters, so maybe like 24-26?
Old 2006-10-02, 17:59   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
Does anyone know how long this series is gonna be? There's quite a lot of characters, so maybe like 24-26?
Nothing has been mentioned on ANN.. its got me wondering myself.

As for the first episode, i'll probably check it out tomorrow daytime~
Old 2006-10-02, 18:50   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
As Shiroth said, it hasn't been announced, but I'm thinking it might be 12/13 episodes. The reason I think that is because of the CD Blitz they have planned for November and December. If the series were going to last 24-26 episodes, why release the CDs in rapid succession like that (1 week apart)? That's really not conclusive, though, and the first episode's very introductory nature doesn't really give us any hints. We'll see.
Old 2006-10-02, 19:02   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think you're probably onto something there. This has happened in the past with 12/13 episode shows.

In my opinion, that amount of episodes suits this show well.. i don't want the show to lose what i'll end up loving about it because of to many episodes.
Old 2006-10-02, 19:16   Link #33
Srin Tuar
無謀

Welp, I gave the first episode a shot but there doesnt seem to be anything special here.
i guess I dont understand the "idol" making phenomenon whatsoever...
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 23:10   Link #34
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Damn, that's 24 minutes I'm not getting back. >_<

Apparently nobody over there has ever heard of harmony. Instead I got the 6-person-singing-in-unison-out-of-tune-while-all-moving-like-robots ear torture.

And here I was hoping that maybe something would blow up. I guess I just don't get the whole idol thing.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 23:29   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lemon Angel Project must have worked for Avex Mode, so they decided to do a second version with more money: top seiyuus, better animation, more music. Sure it's hard to keep the characters straight. Sure we've seen this before. Sure there was faaar too much fairly average music right at the beginning (I thought: will anyone ever actually speak?) And more fanservice (especially crotch shots). And an imouto. And yet...I liked it.

Of course, I liked Lemon Angel Project, too, so that may not prove much. I must be beginning to understand the Japanese idol phenomenon. After all, I watch Kirarin Revolution, too. Anyway, I love any show with scenes on a pedestrian overpass, lol. Takes me right back to Japan.

Contrary to what someone else said, the seiyuus were good. I didn't really know Momoi Haruko before, and I liked her deep, soft voice. Chihara Minori (Yuki in SHnY, Erika in Lemon Angel Project). Gotou Yuuko (Mikuru in SHnY, Nanami in Lamune). Nogawa Sakura (Nemu, Hinaichigo, Ayumi in Magikano). Nakahara Mai (Nagisa in StoPani, Mai in Mai-HiME, Rena in Higurashi, etc.). Sakai Kanako (Aka in REC). Your basic fabulous line-up. They didn't get a chance to do much in this episode, but if they get some script, they have the ability to run with it.

Getting the script may be the problem, since the director and the main scriptwriter did Amenaideyo. But the main scriptwriter also did series composition for Utawarerumono, and the series composition guy worked on Galaxy Angel, Maburaho, and Mahoraba, so we'll see what happens -- or at least I will, since I'll be back next week, if no-one else will. Links to info about the staff/cast are in the fall anime calendar in my sig.

EDIT: And just to prove what a nutcase I am about seiyuus, here is a visual key to which character is voiced by which seiyuu.

EDIT 2: Yes, what relentlessflame says is right: the first throng of idols are bit players. The real stars are the four girls (plus two) that appear later.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-03 at 00:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 00:17   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Contrary to what someone else said, the seiyuus were good.
I think it's just the concert with the other 12 idols; I have to admit, those songs weren't too great in my opinion either, and the animation that accompanied it was pretty low-budget. However, with the concert out of the way, things picked up. I really like the core cast, and that ED is still stuck in my head - much better harmony there. Anyway, yeah, I'll be back next week.
Old 2006-10-03, 01:22   Link #37
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 01:37   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
TEH HAWT! No seriously I seem to recall me and this title having some history but it might have really just been a really late night. Or is this the game where you get creepy cell phone messages from the arcade machines in Japan, begging you to come see them (waste your money). Or maybe that's Teh IdolM@ster or whatever, they all blend together after a certain point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatochobit
i think navel should renew their drawing style a bit. all the series are starting to mush together.
Mush Together! Starting To! ARE! Really, you sure.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 03:12   Link #39
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

I enjoyed the songs in the beginning because I'm the type to spontaneously karaoke horribly in elevators.

Episode 1 Screen Captures & Summary

I did find the character designs boring since all of the girls seem to be based off of one starting model and the Tomohiro had way too much pseudo-masacara going. Then again, the original Navel artist is responsible for the designs of the girls, and I think she's the worse of the two Navel artists (responsible for Shuffle!'s Kaede, Primula, Sia, Mayumi).

I don't think I'll watch any more episodes since the art is turning me off... I'll still listen to the music that comes out of it, though, since a few of the songs are kind of good.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-10-07 at 06:52.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 12:22   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oki just watched the raw...
8-10 mins of song...imo that is overkill >.<
i didnt find anything special with this start and it just bored me to hell...could also be the fact that i didnt understand wht was going on...something about a contract?
anyways ended up fast forwarding some of the parts cause i nearly fell asleep...but still i think ill give it 2 or so more ep before deciding to carry on or not seen as the drawing is really pretty

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk