AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-15, 05:50   Link #41
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Something interesting: The replacement for Megumi-san as Rosie is the first Edward Elric herself: Minagawa Junko. You can hear her as Ed only in the first few drama CDs which were released some time ago.
Old 2009-04-21, 16:16   Link #42
Nerroth
NePoi!

A bit of a side question - I just noted that Romi Park is of Korean descent.

Does she make note of her heritage, or even take part in Korean-language productions, as well as ones in Japanese?
Old 2009-04-21, 21:31   Link #43
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, Toyoguchi Megumi is pretty well-known. I wonder why BONES swapped her out with a relative unknown.
Most of the VA changes are pretty questionable.

Still pissed over the fact that I won't get to hear any more Mayumi Yamaguchi as Envy. She totally made the character in the first anime.

Thankfully Minami Takayama is pretty damn capable herself, but still.
Old 2009-04-21, 23:17   Link #44
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Kikuko Inoue is a delicious villain. i adored her as Belldandy, i loved her as Grace, and this seems to be a repeat performance.
Old 2009-04-22, 01:59   Link #45
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Most of the VA changes are pretty questionable.

Still pissed over the fact that I won't get to hear any more Mayumi Yamaguchi as Envy. She totally made the character in the first anime.

Thankfully Minami Takayama is pretty damn capable herself, but still.
Envy in this series is actually something very different from the first Envy. So, a change in voice would drive home that point.

Still, Evil Conan as Envy is probably a smarter choice than Nunnally for Maria Ross. Seriously, I don't know how Nazuka-san is going to pull this one off.
Old 2009-04-22, 02:21   Link #46
Jays

Anyone else notice how Yuji Ueda is Havoc in this new season, while he was Kimblee in the last? Granted I'm all for Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee, I think he'll do a great job once he gets things in motion, but still, some food for thought.

For those quiping with how difficult it is to imagine Keiji Fujiwara as a good guy, just check out Death Note, he also does another good guy in Aizawa or Eureka Seven when he plays Holland. Dude's pretty versatile if you ask me.
Old 2009-04-23, 03:04   Link #47
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's not that Fujiwara is doing a good guy that is hard to swallow, it's that he's doing it alongside Lockon that is making us snigger.
Old 2009-04-23, 04:11   Link #48
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
It's not that Fujiwara is doing a good guy that is hard to swallow, it's that he's doing it alongside Lockon that is making us snigger.
While it doesn't bother me in the slightest that's the reason, Fujiwara's most well known roles aren't even villains really.. and before Ladd Russo in Baccano! and Ali in Gundam 00 he's hardly played any... except for that guy in Blood+.
Old 2009-04-23, 05:09   Link #49
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I should know: Who was the one who voiced Jiyu's bumbling dad back in the Jubei-chan series? Him, of course.
Old 2009-04-23, 05:22   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I should know: Who was the one who voiced Jiyu's bumbling dad back in the Jubei-chan series? Him, of course.
Westlo said hardly, that doesn't mean he did none at all before his role as Ali.
Old 2009-04-23, 18:55   Link #51
Vicious108

Quote:
Envy in this series is actually something very different from the first Envy. So, a change in voice would drive home that point.
Eh, I disagree. They are different, but not VERY. Not enough to warrant a VA change anyways. And Yamaguchi would surely fit Manga Envy well despite his differences from his first anime's counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Anyone else notice how Yuji Ueda is Havoc in this new season, while he was Kimblee in the last? Granted I'm all for Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee, I think he'll do a great job once he gets things in motion, but still, some food for thought.

For those quiping with how difficult it is to imagine Keiji Fujiwara as a good guy, just check out Death Note, he also does another good guy in Aizawa or Eureka Seven when he plays Holland. Dude's pretty versatile if you ask me.
It's not just Ueda, Tetsu Shiratori also played Kain Fuery in the first anime and this time around he's Gluttony. xD

As for Fujiwara, like others have said, it's not difficult at all.
The guy can do anything, definitely one of the best and most versatile VAs I've seen.
Old 2009-04-23, 22:28   Link #52
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, I'll chalk the VA changes to the cast just wanting a frat party after the recording sessions. Looks like 00 helped forge some new partnerships.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-10-20 at 10:24.
Old 2009-04-24, 02:30   Link #53
Vicious108

Haha that is an interesting theory.

Seriously though as much as some of the changes irk me, I'll wait till I actually hear them, and hear enough, to properly judge them.

But I can probably already say with certainty that Miki will never surpass Ohkawa as Roy. But oh well.
Old 2009-04-24, 02:43   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post

Does she make note of her heritage, or even take part in Korean-language productions, as well as ones in Japanese?
I do know that she speaks Korean from her time spent in South Korea when she studied there in college.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-24, 03:55   Link #55
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Haha that is an interesting theory.

Seriously though as much as some of the changes irk me, I'll wait till I actually hear them, and hear enough, to properly judge them.

But I can probably already say with certainty that Miki will never surpass Ohkawa as Roy. But oh well.
Well, from what I know from the manga, Ohkawa had the misfortune of getting the wrong script. The back portions would be epic, especially the parts concerning Mustang.
Old 2009-04-24, 06:38   Link #56
Kirarakim

Quote:
Yeah I don't mind Miki and I think he is doing a good job actually but Ohkawa was really perfect as Roy. He was my favorite seiyuu in the original after Paku Romi. Well I guess at least we got her back.

I don't really mind a lot of the other voice changes though
Old 2009-04-25, 18:28   Link #57
Umaibo

The new Mustang VA is definitely growing on me.
Old 2009-04-25, 18:52   Link #58
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i just saw the clip of Ed's english VA proposing to Winry's VA. it was cute. i didn't watch it in english, so it was a bit strange for me, but hey, if i closed my eyes i got what i wanted.
Old 2009-04-26, 02:35   Link #59
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yeah I don't mind Miki and I think he is doing a good job actually but Ohkawa was really perfect as Roy. He was my favorite seiyuu in the original after Paku Romi. Well I guess at least we got her back.

I don't really mind a lot of the other voice changes though
I don't know about Miki, so far he's sounded very serious as Mustang, but I guess that's because of the parts he's gotten. We'll have to see how he does when Mustang starts being his typical sarcastic bastard self.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:22   Link #60
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post

... You couldn't tell she was Korean from her last name? Last time I checked, PARK is an extremely common Korean name.

In any case, I already like Minagawa Junko more than Romi anyway. I think Minagawa is far more convincing as Ed.