AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-23, 16:56   Link #481
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

Sorry if I go on a tangent here but I just thought of something...

Touma's Imagine Breaker isn't at full power based on what Terra has said. We know that the weird thing inside Touma is being suppressed, most likely by IB. So it's possible that IB's powers are being relegated to suppressing that thing. If (I'm assuming) IB was supposed to be at full power from birth, maybe that strange being was sealed inside Touma after his birth. That would explain why Touma's powers decreased from affecting others to only himself.

I think I might be wrong since I haven't been following the novel discussion recently.
Old 2010-10-23, 17:58   Link #482
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

So in the novel
Spoiler for novel:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Random View Post
Sorry if I go on a tangent here but I just thought of something...

Touma's Imagine Breaker isn't at full power based on what Terra has said. We know that the weird thing inside Touma is being suppressed, most likely by IB. So it's possible that IB's powers are being relegated to suppressing that thing. If (I'm assuming) IB was supposed to be at full power from birth, maybe that strange being was sealed inside Touma after his birth. That would explain why Touma's powers decreased from affecting others to only himself.

I think I might be wrong since I haven't been following the novel discussion recently.
That's what alot of people also think, but I'm kinda hoping Imagine Breaker could be 'refine' even with that thing.
Old 2010-10-23, 18:18   Link #483
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Have we ever even gotten a clear translation for what Terra said? I can't wait until Teh Ping eventually gets around to translating vol 14, although it seems like his next vol will be 16.
Old 2010-10-23, 18:58   Link #484
Spyth

I just reread that part and here is my speculation

Spoiler for speculation + spoiler novel 22:

I hope this is clear.
Old 2010-10-23, 22:29   Link #485
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Can someone explain. Does touma have three kinds of powers?

1)Imagine Breaker
2)Thing inside that scared fiamma
3)power that crushed # 2
Spoiler for My POV:
Old 2010-10-23, 22:32   Link #486
Flere821
Lurker

I'll post a brief summary of the part in question where Touma lost his right arm:

Spoiler:

After going through that... I'm really starting to think IB isn't Touma's only ability >.>
Old 2010-10-23, 22:38   Link #487
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'll post a brief summary of the part in question where Touma lost his right arm:

Spoiler:

After going through that... I'm really starting to think IB isn't Touma's only ability >.>
Thats what I mean:
- I.B.
- Precognition.
- True powers.
Old 2010-10-23, 22:47   Link #488
Flere821
Lurker

Technically 'precognition' isn't the 'supernatural' kind I was talking about (though granted I didn't specify supernatural)... Touma acquired that from only experience (like Archer Emiya from Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel), it's not like a full blown 6th sense. And Accelerator said it's only partial precognition, as it's not perfected yet.
Old 2010-10-24, 00:14   Link #489
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I thought we should discuss some of the things the Author described about Touma in his latest afterword.

Spoiler for Vol 22 afterword:
Old 2010-10-24, 00:37   Link #490
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well touma will probably be out until the rest of the party lvls up some more, or maybe hes totally out now and his role would be now as the cool character everyone remember when having a hard time( a-la gurren laggan).
Old 2010-10-24, 01:14   Link #491
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Shiage lost to Touma the first time because Shiage has no resolve.

And yeah, Touma stands no chance against those who has a firm resolve. Remember how Aqua of the Back tore him into a broken mop?? And we all know how much Aqua believes in his justice.
Old 2010-10-24, 01:21   Link #492
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Rather than no resolve, it's more like they're doing things for the wrong reasons.

Why was Aqua any different? Alot of people believe they were doing the right thing as well.
Old 2010-10-24, 01:56   Link #493
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, and Shiage is aware of that as well, so that is why Shiage breaks down completely when Touma pointed out. That is not the behavior of someone who has resolve. Shiage does not truely believe he is doing what is right. At best, he is only fooling himself. I mean, from the start, he knows he isn't as good as his former boss nor does he think he can be better.

And for Aqua? Aqua believe in his justice without slightest of doubt and put them in action without hesistation. He has no second thought and no regret. His belief of justice border the territory of zealotry.

Compare to Fiamma, who also believe he is "saving the world" but fell short within seconds after Touma begin his lecture. It is obvious to tell how Aqua is different.

Most of all, Touma's greatest weapon, his brainwashing lecture that has converted many is mots likely is not going to work on Aqua. Aqua does not believe in words, justice that can be spoken are just meaning less combination of letters to him. He believe justice can be spoken because those justice has no weight. That is also why Aqua never preaches his justice by words, but by actions and other hints, like the way he did to Knight Leader.
Old 2010-10-24, 02:21   Link #494
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In that case, I want to see how Aleister would fare, considering that he claims that his 'Illusions' had already been destroyed, or would he be another Fiamma?
Old 2010-10-24, 02:24   Link #495
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

maybe the brainswashing ability doesnt work on people that is actually good.
Old 2010-10-24, 04:33   Link #496
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In that case, I want to see how Aleister would fare, considering that he claims that his 'Illusions' had already been destroyed, or would he be another Fiamma?
Fianma's a stand up comedian compared to that stone faced guy...
Old 2010-10-24, 08:25   Link #497
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well touma will probably be out until the rest of the party lvls up some more, or maybe hes totally out now and his role would be now as the cool character everyone remember when having a hard time( a-la gurren laggan).
kamina wasnt exactly the main character. The first ep always pointed to shimon finding his destiny
Old 2010-10-24, 08:38   Link #498
Miraluka
Banned

A comparison I usually think is Kamina ans Simon with Aqua and Shiage.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:29   Link #499
Spyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A comparison I usually think is Kamina ans Simon with Aqua and Shiage.
Apperently JC Staff decided to change the character design for Aqua a little

EDIT: I'll post the aqua one on the image thread. Here one of Touma after he obtains his full power.

Spoiler for Kamina Touma:

Last edited by Spyth; 2010-10-24 at 11:24.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:51   Link #500
outerelf

That's a cool and awesome photo (anyone who wears those sunglasses automatically becomes the epitome of coolness) but I'm not certain if that photo belongs in this thread.
Closed Thread