AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 24.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-13, 05:36   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 24.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:00   Link #2
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Now I know where the entire budget for action scenes went.
A pleasant surprise of an episode in light of recent ones. The plot advances at a fast pace, skipping over some parts (operation Maiden’s Shield anyone?) but keeps the major points of the story.

I was afraid the Cordelia subplot would be skipped, but luckily it wasn’t. And the answer was: it’s a wig! (just how many layers was she wearing on her head? At least we didn’t get to see that ridiculous hat much). And you know what? This haircut does suit her a lot more. Hmmmm… Darcsen chicks…..

Exit Selveria, as expected. Once again the animation crew does have the balls to kill off a major and well liked character (you people in denial were warned, nobody is immortal in VC). A welcome change from the game was that she used the Blue flame of her own free will and not on Maximillian’s order.
Now look at the bright side, Damon finally bought the farm (as expected).
Karl Oswald buys it too, but since that’s the dude who kept returning in the game despite getting fragged thrice I wouldn’t be too worried.

I still can’t stomach the “Selveria and Alicia were in the same facility” subplot, but at least it was well done.
The “I have someone to protect so I’ll suddenly become über powerful despite having been beaten to a pulp effortlessly previously” shounen trope makes a grand apparition; for once a female character is affected by it though. That was cheesy to say the least.

So why was Squad 7 twiddling its thumbs at the barracks while a huge Imperial mega tank (Marmota) was sitting outside the capital’s walls I’ll never know.

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2009-09-13 at 06:47. Reason: yeah that's the Marmota, not the Batomys. My slip tongued
Old 2009-09-13, 06:06   Link #3
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished this in subs. This is a one hell of an episode and it's a great one.
Spoiler:

Next, be prepared for the Epic Scene from the game......or perhaps?
Old 2009-09-13, 06:26   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
I was afraid the Cordelia subplot would be skipped, but luckily it wasn’t. And the answer was: it’s a wig! (just how many layers was she wearing on her head? At least we didn’t get to see that ridiculous hat much). And you know what? This haircut does suit her a lot more. Hmmmm… Darcsen chicks…..
That's good to hear, very good. Still, she must have had one super hot head.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:34   Link #5
kalbron

The thing I don't get with the whole stupid hat + wig thing is that if you're going that far, why not shave your head too? That'd definitely prevent detection.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:43   Link #6
Father Hentai

Quote:
Now I know where the entire budget for action scenes went.
A pleasant surprise of an episode in light of recent ones. The plot advances at a fast pace, skipping over some parts (operation Maiden’s Shield anyone?) but keeps the major points of the story.

Exit Selveria, as expected. Once again the animation crew does have the balls to kill off a major and well liked character (you people in denial were warned, nobody is immortal in VC). A welcome change from the game was that she used the Blue flame of her own free will and not on Maximillian’s order.
Now look at the bright side, Damon finally bought the farm (as expected).
Karl Oswald buys it too, but since that’s the dude who kept returning in the game despite getting fragged thrice I wouldn’t be too worried.

I still can’t stomach the “Selveria and Alicia were in the same facility” subplot, but at least it was well done.
The “I have someone to protect so I’ll suddenly become über powerful despite having been beaten to a pulp effortlessly previously” shounen trope makes a grand apparition; for once a female character is affected by it though. That was cheesy to say the least.

So why was Squad 7 twiddling its thumbs at the barracks while a huge Imperial mega tank (Batomys) was sitting outside the capital’s walls I’ll never know.
uhm. Wasn't it the Marmota what you mean? Batomy got vaporized by Alica as far as I remember.

I did like the battle between Selvaria and Alicia but I wished more the scene from the game
Spoiler for because:

I assume that there was no one left to give them information that the capital is being attacked or better since the regulars have an ultimate weapon the HQ has decided to disband the militia again. This is what I can assume but I think this will be something shown in episode 25 then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
The thing I don't get with the whole stupid hat + wig thing is that if you're going that far, why not shave your head too? That'd definitely prevent detection.
Yeah. Try to suggest a girl to shave her head like Titney Spears and you have your instant execution command
Old 2009-09-13, 07:11   Link #7
kalbron

Well, unless she has an elite cadre of ultra loyal servants (a possibility) then there's no way that she can actually get a haircut than by doing it herself, so shaving it all off is probably a better idea.

Heck, it probably would've been a better idea from the start for the Rangriez family to just have a "tradition" of shaving their heads and wearing silver wigs as a "mark of respect" to their "lineage".

This applies to the game version as well, but at least that only had the stupid hat rather than stupid hat + wig. The latter is probably a better overall disguise, but still...
Old 2009-09-13, 08:51   Link #8
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Finished the episode.
I have to say this is by far the best episode of the series. I'm surprised at Cordelia o.O, though I always knew she was hiding something.
I don't get Selvaria's death, I thought she was gonna live for a moment there, then...T_T
Old 2009-09-13, 09:07   Link #9
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I guess they don't have hair dye, huh? But then, "Look at my dark roots, and you'll see I'm a Darcsen!" isn't quite as effective.

And I finally figured out who she looks like with her wig off-- first season's Rosa Chinensis from MSGM. lol. (Youko-sama!)

Otherwise, episode felt really rushed and all over the place, plot-wise. And the whole thing with the Marmota just felt kind of weird... like it just popped up right in front of the capital, as though nobody actually saw it. (Like nobody could see a giant land yacht tearing up everything in sight...)

It felt like they crammed in 3 episodes worth of developments into 1, because they wasted so much time screwing around with filler (and making Welkin look like an imbecile) earlier on.

I kind of felt bad for the lackey, but by now, the lackey should have known better. If the End Boss will toss away the Mid Boss, what will he do to the cannon fodder?

Oh well, 2 more left, right?
Old 2009-09-13, 09:14   Link #10
Runty

Any deficiencies the previous episode might have had are easily made up for in this episode. This episode, simply put, kicked ass!
Spoiler for Episode 24:
This episode was simply awesome. If you don't like this one, you're a bigot.

Spoiler for Next Episode:
Old 2009-09-13, 09:34   Link #11
Sassarai
Army of One

Maxi went into Lelouch mode with all those funny facial expressions and gestures. o_O

The main event (fight between A vs S ) of this episode was very predictable. Alicia: Yes I have a reason to fight too! I have friends I want to protect! Then whoops arse.

Poor Selvaria, she would of been such a great character if she had Fabio as a love interest instead.

The pacing was better than in previous eps and the action scene did last more than a couple of sec which is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
]This episode was simply awesome. If you don't like this one, you're a bigot.
How about if I thought it was just okay?
Old 2009-09-13, 09:53   Link #12
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Runty, I'm pretty sure most people here called it about Cordellia. Just sayin'.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-13, 09:58   Link #13
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Shoo! Bad Kalbron. Hands off my dark-haired beauties with that evil buzz-cutter of yours. *throws salt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
It felt like they crammed in 3 episodes worth of developments into 1, because they wasted so much time screwing around with filler (and making Welkin look like an imbecile) earlier on.
They did. This episode basically covers chapters 15, 16, 17 and half of chapter 18 of the game. Talk about a marathon to the ending after procrastinating for so many episodes..

Lots of stuff was skipped. Since Jaeger's Blockade at Vasel did not happen he will have a different ending in the anime.
Also while they revealed Cordelia's secret, they didn't delve into the true history of the Valkyries and House Randgriz (which is a very big plot point in the VC universe). That's not something they should skip. Not to mention nothing happened with Borg.

Don't worry about Johann err Karl. It just means he went from Iron to Steel
Old 2009-09-13, 10:40   Link #14
Father Hentai

Quote:
Shoo! Bad Kalbron. Hands off my dark-haired beauties with that evil buzz-cutter of yours. *throws salt*

They did. This episode basically covers chapters 15, 16, 17 and half of chapter 18 of the game. Talk about a marathon to the ending after procrastinating for so many episodes..

Spoiler for Spoiler!!!!:

Also while they revealed Cordelia's secret, they didn't delve into the true history of the Valkyries and House Randgriz (which is a very big plot point in the VC universe). That's not something they should skip. Not to mention nothing happened with Borg.

Don't worry about Johann err Karl. It just means he went from Iron to Steel
Damn it.... there are still 2 episodes left and you spoilered again I believe that Jaeger still get's his spotlight in the next episode.
Old 2009-09-13, 10:55   Link #15
justavisitor

just finished the ep..tho I have lots of ?? in my head..if ppl can help me out here, I would be really grateful

Spoiler for spoiler:

That being said, I give this episode 8/10...so long to
Spoiler for spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-13, 10:56   Link #16
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Is this a spoiler? In fact, I think it is.

On a more relevant note, has a sub ever been done on Episode 24 yet?
Old 2009-09-13, 10:57   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
You came into this thread, you know the thread for episode 24, so spoilers are expected.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:01   Link #18
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
I didn't post any spoilers . Cordelia said she was a Darcsen in episode 24, and this is the episode 24 thread. Prove me otherwise?
Old 2009-09-13, 11:05   Link #19
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I didn't post any spoilers . Cordelia said she was a Darcsen in episode 24, and this is the episode 24 thread. Prove me otherwise?
Look at the post that I just quoted. You could've covered that post up with a spoiler tag you know.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:06   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Look at the post that I just quoted. You could've covered that post up with a spoiler tag you know.
There's nothing in the rules that state that in an episode thread. It's your own fault for coming here because spoilers are expected.