Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 01:52   Link #8141
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
If something is mentioned before the bulk of an arc begins, the arc is likely gonna involve it. Simon's already been mentioned, so odds are Kagura may really be Simon's sister. Perhaps she was very little when her brother was shipped off to the tower, and perhaps he was her only family at the time he died.
That's a pretty big perhaps to me. If she really was "very little" when Simon was shipped off to the tower, the chances of her even remembering him are slim. Even assuming she had mementos of him, that alone shouldn't have been enough for her to go on a revenge spree like this, even assuming she managed to find out Jellal was the one who killed Simon in the first place.

As far as I know, the only people who know Jellal killed Simon are the people who were there on the tower. Milliana knows, and it's possible she was the one who told Kagura, but from the way she was talking Kagura had targeted Jellal before Milli even met Kagura, so if it does involve Simon she would have had to have learned about Jellal being the one to kill him some other way.

And anyone who says his name isn't "Jellal" should tell that to the Fairy Tail Wiki, FUNimation, and Del Ray, because they've obviously mistranslated the name somewhere.
Old 2012-05-06, 01:54   Link #8142
ellifeedn
Thinker

Jellal has done plenty of things both on- and off-screen. Why are we assuming it's something we've seen?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:04   Link #8143
sergel02

What was the other name people called Jellal? I remember when i first got into Fairy Tail people called him something else on another forum. Gerard or something.

About the keys, i wish all 13 weren't revealed yet. I don't really know why he's revealed all the ecliptic keys already, since it seems like even new keys will lack some of the same suspense. I liked how it was done in cardcaptors/cardcaptor sakura, where the first card was one of the 4 major ones, and also the last one.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:08   Link #8144
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That's a pretty big perhaps to me. If she really was "very little" when Simon was shipped off to the tower, the chances of her even remembering him are slim. Even assuming she had mementos of him, that alone shouldn't have been enough for her to go on a revenge spree like this, even assuming she managed to find out Jellal was the one who killed Simon in the first place.
Maybe she was four when they separated. People can remember things from when they were four.

Quote:
And anyone who says his name isn't "Jellal" should tell that to the Fairy Tail Wiki, FUNimation, and Del Ray, because they've obviously mistranslated the name somewhere.
Better add Kodansha to that list. They're the ones who distribute the manga in English now. They also distribute it in Japan, and apparently receive the character name translations from Hiro Mashima himself. Recently some names have been changing in the latest Kodansha volumes (Grandeeney is Grandine, Freed is Fried, Iwan is Ivan, Porlyusica is Poluchka), but Jellal's is not one of them.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:10   Link #8145
Kafriel
Senior Guest

CCS was all about the cards, Lucy's key hunt is more of a side-story. Jellal was a.k.a. Gerard, although I don't see why anyone would care about names as long as you know which character we're talking about.
EDIT: It seems our anonymous "not Jellal" neg-repper is back, just ignore them, everyone.

As for MY crack theory, Kagura wants to kill Jellal because he failed to resurrect Zeref after 10 years and she wanted Zeref all to herself. Discuss
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:16   Link #8146
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Maybe she was four when they separated. People can remember things from when they were four.
Memory fades over time, so she would have had to think about him almost constantly. But like I said: It's possible that Kagura is Simon's brother; I just hope Mashima doesn't go that route. ellifeedn said it best: Jellal did a lot of stuff, and I for one would be interested in knowing what he got up to while he wasn't making idiots of the Council and building the tower.

Quote:
Better add Kodansha to that list. They're the ones who distribute the manga in English now. They also distribute it in Japan, and apparently receive the character name translations from Hiro Mashima himself. Recently some names have been changing in the latest Kodansha volumes (Grandeeney is Grandine, Freed is Fried, Iwan is Ivan, Porlyusica is Poluchka), but Jellal's is not one of them.
I was not aware of that. Thanks.

Quote:
And anyone who says his name isn't "Jellal" should tell that to the Fairy Tail Wiki, FUNimation, Del Ray, and Kodansha because they've obviously mistranslated the name somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As for MY crack theory, Kagura wants to kill Jellal because he failed to resurrect Zeref after 10 years and she wanted Zeref all to herself. Discuss
If that is the case, Kagura is going to have all of Fairy Tail and Jellal's lovely angels all over her the moment she reveals that.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2012-05-06 at 13:57.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:19   Link #8147
sergel02

Quote:
Memory fades over time, so she would have had to think about him almost constantly. But like I said: It's possible that Kagura is Simon's brother; I just hope Mashima doesn't go that route. Sergel said it best: Jellal did a lot of stuff, and I for one would be interested in knowing what he got up to while he wasn't making idiots of the Council and building the tower.
Did i say that? lol i think that was ellifeedn. Would be cool to get some knowledge of his bad self other than the Tower of Heaven. It should be noted that was m least favorite arc. Dunno why, but i still can't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
CCS was all about the cards, Lucy's key hunt is more of a side-story.

Ehh i guess that's true. I just worry it might mean the manga is entering the final stretch soon. Or he's planning to wrap it up in the next couple years.

Kagura wants to do naughty things to Zeref

And does anyone else think Angel and Yukino are related? Both have similar clothes and hair and both have/had 3 gold keys.
Old 2012-05-06, 02:27   Link #8148
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Frankly, I doubt Kagura is Simon's sister, or is related to him. Perhaps he killed her family somehow or other...

To be honest, I really feel sorry for Jellal. When you think about it, in addition to being a convicted traitor, there must be tons of people out there who want revenge against him like Kagura, and all because he was brainwashed, pretty sad...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:34   Link #8149
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Did i say that? lol i think that was ellifeedn.
... oops... my mistake.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:59   Link #8150
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

i'm thinking Kagura is the granddaughter of one of the old council members and is after him for ruining her family.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 14:13   Link #8151
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Hmm, I wonder... I think we may be looking in the wrong place... In the tower of Heaven arc, Ikaruga was the leader of the Trinity Raven group, and she also wielded a sword. In the manga, it appeared the three were dead, but in the anime it looked like they had fled (according to wiki).

What if Kagura is the sister of Ikaruga, and wants revenge on Jellal for the "death" of her sister?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 14:48   Link #8152
Krono

Quote:
I think Hiro Mashima said in that recent extra manga volume chapter that Raven Tail was never a dark guild to begin with, but merely an independent guild (kind of like Crime Sorciere), and it was a mistake on his part to let readers think it was a dark guild to begin with. I mean, when Raven Tail was introduced as an official guild, hardly any of the audience members knew what it was, and I'm assuming that Makarov himself was assuming them to be a dark guild when he first found out about it.
The end of volume omake you're talking about is done as an article for Sorcerer Weekly written by Jason, that reporter who was a judge on day 2.

As such, it's not Mashima saying it was a mistake on his part to let readers think it was a dark guild, but the reporter within the series saying it to readers within the series.

Raven Tail's actual status is up for debate. Back when Ivan was introduced around the festival, even in narration boxes they were listed as a dark guild. When they were reintroduced just before the start of the games, they were listed in narration boxes as a regular magic guild, not an independent guild like Crime Sorciere described themselves in dialogue later that chapter. Then again, back when Eisenwald first appeared, they were listed in narration boxes as a regular guild as well.

So two possibilities exist. 1) Mashima decided to retcon Raven Tail into a non-dark independent guild for most of their existence, only to affiliate themselves with the other guilds at some point after Fairy Tail's return 2) They are indeed a dark guild and have pulled off some shenanigans to get themselves listed as a regular guild and into the tournament.

This all is of course complicated, by the fact that the initial description of dark guilds was "We call whatever guild that doesn't belong to the league, a "dark guild." So for all that Crime Sorciere likes to call them themselves an independent guild, they are by very definition of being independent, a dark guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
i'm thinking Kagura is the granddaughter of one of the old council members and is after him for ruining her family.
Possible, though a bit of a mundane reason for the level of hatred that's implied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hmm, I wonder... I think we may be looking in the wrong place... In the tower of Heaven arc, Ikaruga was the leader of the Trinity Raven group, and she also wielded a sword. In the manga, it appeared the three were dead, but in the anime it looked like they had fled (according to wiki).

What if Kagura is the sister of Ikaruga, and wants revenge on Jellal for the "death" of her sister?
Yeah, people have mentioned the idea. Personally, I'd prefer that over her connection to Jellal being Simon. Just for the fun of seeing her moral high ground crumble as it's learned that she's trying to get revenge for a sadistic, ruthless assassin to whom the only thing Jellal did was hire her. Erza's the one who cut her down and left her to die - either of her wounds, or from Etherion.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 03:38   Link #8153
sergel02

Somewhat unrelated, but I'm bored, but i have to wonder what implications the 2nd Origin Ultear spoke of will have for the rest of the series.

Currently only 7 people we know of have unlocked it:

1. Lucy (the only one to showcase how big of an effect it had)
2. Natsu
3. Gray
4. Erza
5. Wendy
6. Juvia
7. Levy

We know it provides a big magic boost. I just wonder what made Mashima choose those 7? I mean Lucy through Wendy are main characters, so that makes sense, but i wonder why he chose to give the power up to Juvia and Levy as well, especially since Levy isn't even in the tournament. There's a lot of her we don't know even. Tho her narration a dozen or so chapters ago may mean something. I mean he could have put Cana or Gajeel or anyone else from the 7 year skip there, or just had 6 people and not 7.

It makes me think that the two will play a bigger role in the future of the series maybe, or that the whole 2nd origin will have implications long lasting. I always wonder what if Levy and Lucy did some super cool over the top spell together that could only be done after the 2nd origin was unlocked. There might be lots of other spells and magic that are going to sprout with this new power that is only recently found.

Or he could have just needed to find a reason for a random power-up, and decided to throw Levy in there since she hasn't had much screen-time.

i may be reading too much into it, but I'm in a speculative mood tonight

But i do hope to see more Levy in the series. She's one of my favorite characters but we don't know anything about her really. And i want to see how big of a difference that power-up made for her, and Wendy too, since both are probably somewhat of the weaker ones in the Tenrou gang.
Old 2012-05-07, 04:59   Link #8154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The end of volume omake you're talking about is done as an article for Sorcerer Weekly written by Jason, that reporter who was a judge on day 2.

As such, it's not Mashima saying it was a mistake on his part to let readers think it was a dark guild, but the reporter within the series saying it to readers within the series.

Raven Tail's actual status is up for debate. Back when Ivan was introduced around the festival, even in narration boxes they were listed as a dark guild. When they were reintroduced just before the start of the games, they were listed in narration boxes as a regular magic guild, not an independent guild like Crime Sorciere described themselves in dialogue later that chapter. Then again, back when Eisenwald first appeared, they were listed in narration boxes as a regular guild as well.

So two possibilities exist. 1) Mashima decided to retcon Raven Tail into a non-dark independent guild for most of their existence, only to affiliate themselves with the other guilds at some point after Fairy Tail's return 2) They are indeed a dark guild and have pulled off some shenanigans to get themselves listed as a regular guild and into the tournament.

This all is of course complicated, by the fact that the initial description of dark guilds was "We call whatever guild that doesn't belong to the league, a "dark guild." So for all that Crime Sorciere likes to call them themselves an independent guild, they are by very definition of being independent, a dark guild.

It could be a matter of point of view. There could be plenty of people labeling all independent guilds as "dark", while others would argue a guild's not truly dark till proven. The rest's just a matter of not breaking the law despite being independent, or not getting caught.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 18:12   Link #8155
sergel02

eek i just want the chapter to get here already. Lol I'm being impatient. Not wanting to finish these essays and studying for finals doesn't help either. I was looking for raws, but no luck =(

Spoiler:

Last edited by sergel02; 2012-05-09 at 19:00.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:28   Link #8156
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonopo View Post
Just wanted to say, really love this anime too bad it's only 1 ep a week o,o
Wrong thread wonopo.
Old 2012-05-09, 21:20   Link #8157
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
eek i just want the chapter to get here already. Lol I'm being impatient. Not wanting to finish these essays and studying for finals doesn't help either. I was looking for raws, but no luck =(

Spoiler:
It's funny you mentioned that since I just remembered a post from a forum in mangafox about the manga ending but i wasn't quite sure if it is reliable/accurate since it doesn't have any source, but if you want to read what it says, here it goes:

Spoiler for ending??:

fyi, the post itself came from a user name: Sacred_Acre
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 21:50   Link #8158
sergel02

^

But Bleach hasn't ended yet, at least not the manga. Interesting premise though, and i wouldn't really mind it if it is true.

Question tho
Spoiler:

I thought the 7-7-7 thing was kinda obvious tho.

Last edited by sergel02; 2012-05-09 at 22:58.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:32   Link #8159
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I asked that question myself and it just doesn't make any sense making a sequel with another time skip since with just had one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how all of it unfolds.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 23:59   Link #8160
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
It's funny you mentioned that since I just remembered a post from a forum in mangafox about the manga ending but i wasn't quite sure if it is reliable/accurate since it doesn't have any source, but if you want to read what it says, here it goes:
It's not reliable or accurate in the least. An obvious joke or troll post.

As for the fear that many characters being used, etc may mean the series is ending, it's rather unlikely. It's pretty common for tournament or war arcs to pull together all known characters and introduce new ones, without there being any intention of ending the series. Likewise while the length thus far is comparatively long, and approaching the length of Mashima's previous longest work, that doesn't mean much either. Especially as there are a number of series that have run much longer. Really, you shouldn't worry about the series ending until it starts setting up an arc with the actual goal of killing Zeref and Acnologia.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen