AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 15:12   Link #801
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I wonder if Cassandra stopped because the way the awakened surrounded her reminded her of how she died to the Claymores before. I think she might lose her shit next chapter and take some heads.
Great observation Casshern. It would be great if it was true, it would definitely make more sense than stopping for the sake of stopping (because we all know it was not because they did any significant damage).

As for my impressions about the chapter, I found it hilarious. We all know that in the next chapter Cassandra will obliterate these ABs anyway and Priscilla will deal with quasi-Riful easily (and if not that will be even bigger fail on Yagi's part). So what we're seeing now means nothing. Anyway, it turns out that Miria is way weaker than any of the ABs we're seeing now since each of them can do some damage to Cassandra while Miria couldn't do a thing even though she had the hardest thing we've seen in Claymore world as a tool (Roxanne too and she was supposed to be one of the strongest #1s ever, as it turns out even a weak single digit AB was stronger than her and yet she could easily win against twins, lol^10). Roxanne and Hysteria have also suddenly become super weak. Each and every AB could not only damage Cassandra (which apparently neither Roxanne nor Hysteria could do, Roxanne could do damage only with her spikes and once she lost them she was defenseless) but also they could withstand more damage. Heck, even eating them wasn't as easy as eating Hysteria or Roxanne.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 15:50   Link #802
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Someone needs to make a doujin of Isley and Octavia's first meeting. a 4koma would do.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 15:55   Link #803
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Dang Gooral, still all anti-Miria I see.
Old 2013-01-02, 15:55   Link #804
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Someone needs to make a doujin of Isley and Octavia's first meeting. a 4koma would do.
^This or an actually chapter
Old 2013-01-02, 16:50   Link #805
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
it turns out that Miria is way weaker than any of the ABs we're seeing now since each of them can do some damage to Cassandra while Miria couldn't do a thing
This is not true. Go read chapter 133 again. The ABs engaged Cassandra before Miria could even begin to fight against her. The only one of the ghosts who had time to fight Cassandra before the ABs joined the fight was Clare, and she didn't fare too badly.

It's not Miria's fault the ABs are retards.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:39   Link #806
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This is one of those chapters that make you wish for an anime, lol.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:37   Link #807
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
There is an anime... oh wait, oh yeah there isn't.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 22:15   Link #808
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Anyone notice the panel where one the 9 ABs drag Cassandra head into its mouth?

Next: I hope Cassandra evolves or go crazy in the next chapter and I wonder if she will merge or not with Prisclla.
Old 2013-01-03, 02:21   Link #809
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is not true. Go read chapter 133 again. (...)
Yes it is, go re-read chapter 120 again.

Spoiler for size:

As you can see she couldn't even scratch her face while in comparison Clare obliterated half a dozen heads plus she reached and destroyed some of Cassie's main body which so far no one else has managed, even ABs attacking all at once (Octavia's attack possibly reached Cassie's main body but it didn't do any visible damage to Cassie and it was ranged so it's not like she had to avoid a dozen of tentacle heads to reach her). Also, Miria couldn't avoid Cassie's attack entirely while Clare could with many heads attacking her from all sides at once and some of the ABs could avoid (or just destroy or thanks to their armour/unique body not be affected by them at all) the heads too.
Which is inconsistent when you take into the account that Miria seemed to have no problems with shrimp twins who were definitely at a level of high ranking ABs (they were supposed to take place of Alicia and Beth after all). She also defeated Hysteria in both human and awakened form (and it doesn't matter that she was super lucky, the fact she could last this long against her and actually damage her is enough). She also had no problems with defeating the AB that attacked Rabona and along with Clare she dealt with her instantly. But suddenly her performance is way weaker than that of awakened single digit who is not even #2 or #3.

As for Roxanne, in the earlier page of this chapter you will see that she couldn't even scratch Cassie either.
Old 2013-01-03, 08:03   Link #810
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
That would be awesome. I can clearly see them riding along the country side in their awakening forms XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Anyone notice the panel where one the 9 ABs drag Cassandra head into its mouth?

Next: I hope Cassandra evolves or go crazy in the next chapter and I wonder if she will merge or not with Prisclla.
He mouth was hugggge it being that low. Made me lol in what it clearly looks like.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 08:23   Link #811
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Ok, I'll concede that Yagi was inconsistent with Miria's power in chapter 120, although that doesn't mean she would be as weak in the current chapters. We have yet to see her fight now, and inconsistency can go both ways....

That said, I don't really care about Miria. As long as Yagi doesn't nerf Clare I won't complaint.
Old 2013-01-03, 11:00   Link #812
janipani

Don't die Octavia, please be long lasting eye candy

I don't like ugly ABs

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 11:57   Link #813
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Don't die Octavia, please be long lasting eye candy

I don't like ugly ABs
Agreed . Chronos and Lars should die too, they're completely worthless.

BTW, can someone explain to me why is it OK to show a completely naked little girl and Priscilla's boobs but not Octavia's? Yagi purposefully hid them behind Octavia's hair and whips...

Also, Miria again acts like a retard when she shouts to everyone to get away. They know that already, especially Helen who already felt it. Plus they all have eyes (not to mention that Miria is not too good at sensing youki,no better than H&D).
Old 2013-01-03, 17:22   Link #814
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Agreed . Chronos and Lars should die too, they're completely worthless.
Now we know why the true reason the male warrior generation was halted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
He mouth was hugggge it being that low. Made me lol in what it clearly looks like.
Hmm, thankfully someone else notice, but to state a fact, it wasn't a he. It was girl on girl action!

Head fisting FTW!
Old 2013-01-03, 22:32   Link #815
saravis

Quote:

Spoiler for size:
Pardon if I'm misremembering, but didn't Miria just get done with a rather difficult fight shortly before that scene? If so its possible that she just didn't have much fight left in her to be very effective. Its also possible that Cassy isn't fighting with her all, currently, as she would otherwise be a rather pathetic Abyssal.
Old 2013-01-04, 01:25   Link #816
Gooral
Banned

@saravis
It would be nice if you would check your facts first by actually rereading those chapters instead of suggesting something untrue even though you're not even sure of it.

You're completely wrong since it was BEFORE she fought awakened Hysteria and even before she defeated unawakened Hysteria. So she had tons of energy left. As for Cassy, she also wasn't being serious then, only when fighting Roxanne she activated her Dust Eater technique but when fighting Miria she was only using her tentacle-heads, just like in recent chapters.

So yeah, Miria totally sucks. Not only she's weak (except she's super lucky where her opponents fall on their own swords) but she's also stupid.
Old 2013-01-04, 02:37   Link #817
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Oh Gooral, you are as precious as always. Keep on with your senseless hating.

You talk about facts but claim Miria is weak, yet she has been acknowledged to be very strong from multiple sources. She is easily the second strongest warrior in the story at this time.

Of course Clare is stronger now, she has effectively been reborn (twice) from the Destroyer and inheriting Rafaela's technique/memories.

Yet despite these power ups, she and the single digit ABs were only able to cause superficial damage, Cassandra isn't taking ANY of them seriously.
She only just stopped this chapter, and hasn't even attempted to attack anyone seriously yet.

Heck, even you argument that Miria is weak because she can't damage an Abyssal One is silly. Miria is a speed focused warrior, not a strength based one, of course she would have difficulty causing damage to an Abyssal One.

You know who has damaged Cassandra so far?

1) Clare, who had to use the Quick Sword, a technique that effectively awakens her arm to do damage.

2) Single digit Awakened Beings who are both significantly larger and physically stronger then a humanoid warrior is capable of being without a technique that amplifies their strength (Quick Sword, Drill Sword, etc).

Heck, Octavia even apologized to the Ghosts after confronting Cassandra directly, because she realized the opponent they were up against was just that strong.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2013-01-04 at 02:58.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 03:05   Link #818
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Yet despite these power ups, she and the single digit ABs were only able to cause superficial damage, Cassandra isn't taking ANY of them seriously.
She only just stopped this chapter, and hasn't even attempted to attack anyone seriously yet.

Let's not forget that no one is really trying to destroy Cassandra here. Miria's crazy plan is to use Cassandra against Priscilla, so they're only trying to stop her so they can use yoki synchronization on her. That's why they're only causing superficial damage, they're not going all out!

I'm pretty sure they would fight more directly and aggressively if they were trying to destroy her, but that's not the plan.
Old 2013-01-04, 12:52   Link #819
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post

Head fisting FTW!

Unfortunately I have seen a clip where that happened for real.

But I am still able to be disgusted about the imagination you guys have.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 14:44   Link #820
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Unfortunately I have seen a clip where that happened for real.

But I am still able to be disgusted about the imagination you guys have.
I have not seen it and you are so cool.