AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 22.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 13.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 18.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-23, 20:43   Link #81
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Anyhow. Did someone see the mistake when Faldio was trying to feel the pulse?
Wouldn't be the first time they messed up details.

For example... ani-version Alicia can't make bread worth shit. She is doing it all wrong.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:46   Link #82
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wouldn't be the first time they messed up details.

For example... ani-version Alicia can't make bread worth shit. She is doing it all wrong.

- Tak
Uhm. At least you can share us what he made wrong in the scene. :P
I think you are too dissapointed to see the simple error he made.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:56   Link #83
Tak

Quote:
Uhm. At least you can share us what he made wrong in the scene. :P
I think you are too dissapointed to see the simple error he made.
Oh sure, how bout not using your thumb to pulse?

Though you are right, at this point, no matter what mistake, major or minor, will not prevent or add to this piece becoming the train-wreck that it is.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:18   Link #84
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
IF you totally dislike it, you could stop watching the series.
Oh no. I'm watching this trainwreck of a series to the very end. Then give it the proper burial.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:30   Link #85
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Oh no. I'm watching this trainwreck of a series to the very end. Then give it the proper burial.
And if you need a shovel, let me know.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-23, 22:00   Link #86
kalbron

Who wants to bury this? I want to frame and mount it, placing it high in a public place so that the people that worked on it can only get jobs doing 'tarded card game anime promotions like Yu-Gi-Oh wannabies.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:36   Link #87
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
And if you need a shovel, let me know.

- Tak
Might see if you can find a back-ho. Lord knows a shovel wouldn't be big enough for this pile of stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Who wants to bury this? I want to frame and mount it, placing it high in a public place so that the people that worked on it can only get jobs doing 'tarded card game anime promotions like Yu-Gi-Oh wannabies.
Good point. Maybe hang it up on the scriptwriters' walls in their homes and let them look at it every.single.day.
Old 2009-08-23, 23:00   Link #88
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Saw the episode a few times already... as everyone said, the focus on Faldio was way overboard when he tried to awake Alicia. To be honest, I would have appreciated if we saw more of Alicia in her Valkyria form, not only kicking Selvaria's butt, but also unleashing hell upon the Imperial forces with the Gallian forces taking advantage of the situation to make Imperial forces suffer more on the counterattack.

Besides, I didn't feel the Imperial forces were suffering that much before pulling out. Did you feel that way too?

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-08-24 at 01:13.
Old 2009-08-23, 23:07   Link #89
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Besides, I didn't feel the Imperial forces were suffering that much before pulling out. Did anybody you feel that way too?
Its a bit more than in the game (where Imps suffered no losses), but its hardly a compensation for the Gallian forces.

Yeah, so Imperials got lucky, I suppose.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-23, 23:15   Link #90
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Its a bit more than in the game (where Imps suffered no losses), but its hardly a compensation for the Gallian forces.

Yeah, so Imperials got lucky, I suppose.

- Tak
Too lucky to my taste.

Maybe that's one rare thing I think could have been done better in both the game (first) and then in the anime: I wished the casualties were way greater for the Imperials just to show them what happens when you're on the wrong end of a Valkyria's path. It would have been good to see what would have happened to Maximilian's approach should half of his Expeditionary Force for this battle has been destroyed by Alicia and the Gallian counterattack after Selvaria got nailed.

edit: at the same time, it would have been a good way to help Welkin showing a strong stance about how to fight a war a little bit later on after witnessing the destructive extent of Alicia's powers right after Selvaria's.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-08-24 at 01:14.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:13   Link #91
Sassarai
Army of One

They need to nerf Valkyrias. It takes the fun out of the battles since there's no real strategy involved.

Now that I think about it.

Fabio = Shin Asuka
Valkyrias = Kira Yamato in a Gundam

sigh Why caused VC to fail?
Old 2009-08-24, 01:31   Link #92
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Faldio has in VC game and VC anime series the same tragic role. He not only lost his unit, he also lost his friends and he also lost the war against welkin for alicia.

In this series his actions to kidnap Kordelia to gain the lance and shield brandmarked him as a traitor.

In the tent he lost the the triangle match against Welkin. He could not awake Alicia but Alicia reacted on Welkins voice. The face expressions tells me somehow that at this point he finally realizes, that Alicia has decided.
He doesn't do any of that in the game. He doesn't even go for Alicia.

That's not what his role in the original story is. His role is to provide a middleground between Welkin and Maximillian's idealism, and eventually underline that Welkin is the one in the right.

Welkin fights for the good of the nation but refuses to sacrifice individuals for that.
Faldio fights for the good of the nation and is willing to sacrifice individuals for that.
Max fights for his own personal gain and is willing to sacrifice individuals for that.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:36   Link #93
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler for For 21:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2009-08-24, 03:39   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
They need to nerf Valkyrias. It takes the fun out of the battles since there's no real strategy involved.
There's Valkyria's in the game, and there is strategy at the same time. It can be done, though of course not in this awful adaptation.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:27   Link #95
Father Hentai

@don_durandal

Just a second. I think we are talking across. The point where I say he is brandmarked as a traitor is exactly at the moment, when he took Cordelia as his hostage. She is the country ruler and country representative. Threatening her from someone in uniform, who I expect to have made an oath to his country, is a betrayal to country and nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Welkin fights for the good of the nation but refuses to sacrifice individuals for that.
Confirmed. Seen in:
- Kloden(?) Woods Mission where, he did not follow the fleeing Empire soldiers after they captured their HQ.
- Seen in the Fouzen battle in the anime series.

Quote:
Faldio fights for the good of the nation and is willing to sacrifice individuals for that.
Multiple times seen in the Anime series:
- His attack command in the Fouzen mission.
- He shoots Alicia (hopes her Valkyrian powers comes to awaken)
- He takes the own representative of Gallia as hostage to gain the lance and shield

Quote:
Max fights for his own personal gain and is willing to sacrifice individuals for that.
I leave this open yet.
Old 2009-08-24, 05:10   Link #96
kraken

the problem in this episode is Faldio who
Spoiler for episode 21:

I am also disappointed about how the anime use Damon,

Damon is an idiot, ok, but there no need to use him so often. We only see hime 3 times in the game.
Old 2009-08-24, 05:27   Link #97
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
the problem in this episode is Faldio who
Spoiler for episode 21:
I don't see what the problem is there. For the sake of his country and the potential survival of everyone present including Cordelia, he needed to use her because time was of the essence. I wouldn't even call it taking her hostage because it was all just acting to get her and the shield/lance away from Damon and his men.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:12   Link #98
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Except they decided to make Faldio shoot Alicia out of desperation/temporary madness. That is bad script alteration.
Faldio should have shot Alicia out of cold blood, because that's the kind of man he is originally.
And then we have the (originally) calculating and level-headed Faldio taking the Princess hostage out in the open...

That however is a problem with the whole series and just shows how uselessly tasteless the supposed love-triangle was. Faldio would have stayed in-character and kept his meaning if he hadn't been changed to have an interest in Alicia.
Old 2009-08-24, 07:21   Link #99
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's Valkyria's in the game, and there is strategy at the same time. It can be done, though of course not in this awful adaptation.
That said, in Behind Her Blue Flame it's just so incredibly gratifying to just pwnz anything that moves without having to worry about any consequences.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-24, 08:46   Link #100
kraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
I don't see what the problem is there. For the sake of his country and the potential survival of everyone present including Cordelia, he needed to use her because time was of the essence. I wouldn't even call it taking her hostage because it was all just acting to get her and the shield/lance away from Damon and his men.
Faldio would never do that, he is faithful to the crown. If he really could take Cordelia as an hostage, why didn't use her as a Valkyria, it would be more easy.

No. Faldio didn't do that in the game because he respect the princess as his country, he can't threat her.

If he shoot Alicia in the game, it's because Alicia is'nt somebody important for the country,
Closed Thread