AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 11:05   Link #241
mayumi

i think the character 'mix' also got some sylvia features in her even though she is not shown as a main character - same blue eyes, blondish hair, pink colored suite.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 11:20   Link #242
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't think it's overdoing it, though? It's not like males and females are not allowed to mix in the entire world of Aquarion Evol, it's just male and female Elements being separated, for a good reason (or so they think). IMO this is not something you should think too much about.
First off your point is rather moot. The series takes place on the Neo Diva campus; whether or not the rest of the world is segregated is irrelevant. It's not like the Elements can leave whenever they want to hook up with whoever from the other side of the wall, come back, go back out to hook up again, etc.

Second, it's going to be pretty hard not to think too much about it since they're obviously going to be enforcing this segregation on Amata and Mikono, the hero and heroine of the series, and the series is undoubtedly going to have romance, which will of course be hampered by the dumb segregation thing going on.

And the good reason is rather questionable; banning male/female combining in combat I could understand, but the giant wall is BS. What's wrong with the male and female Elements mingling outside of combat as long as they don't combine their Vectors? furthermore, from an out-of-series point of view, how are we supposed to see the characters interract properly with a giant wall seperating them? It's a nuisance both in- and out-of-series.
Old 2012-01-15, 11:42   Link #243
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
the whole separation of the sexes was needed to make sure the story had enough love romance
I've been wondering how in the world Okada got involved in this,now I think I'm starting to understand.
Old 2012-01-15, 13:04   Link #244
ReddyRedWolf

Some speculation.

Cayene and Mikono are the reincarnation of Sirius and Silvie with Reika added.

It makes sense with Cayene's power and Mikono's pessimism.

The ED suggest a further split with Zessica is Celine's reincarnation.

With the feathers on his feet suggest Amata is a halfbreed Shadow Angel. Not impossible considering the New UN experiments 12,000 years before.

Oh Andy he's definitely Pierre.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:09   Link #245
stardrago

So since the third episode aired, did anybody see the opening, if so can someone put it up on youtube? Also what happen
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 14:32   Link #246
kuromitsu

The opening is awesome. Gives me a lot to look forward to! (And I see what they did there, with the triangles. XD) But what's up with the lotuses, are they going for some sort of guren/hellfire symbolism? The ending is pretty nice, too.

Spoiler for ep 3:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-01-15 at 16:05.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:00   Link #247
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well hooray, that episode actually turned out to be (almost) exactly NOT the mind-grating frustration-fest that I was fearing. Cayenne's jackass meter, while still high, actually goes down a couple notches, and we don't have some overdone "Wring it into Amata's brain" lecture on the gender seperation. I'm always up for good surprises, and this episode was one.

Unfortunately, while the OP is nice, it recycles quite a bit of scenes from episode 1, and they don't really quite fit.

Not really much in the way of development of course, being only episode 3, but we do find out the eyepatch dude is on the campus grounds (though he doesn't do anything), and Cayenne is Mikono's brother.

I'm glad they didn't stretch out the skirt issue with Amata and Mikono for long, though Amata probably should have chosen a better time to apologize than int he middle of a simulation, and thus failing the simulation battle completely with the whole student body was watching. Then again, it's not like he'll have any other time to apologize at all, so....

And more thankfully, the Neo Diva leadership has actually already decided to employ the Aquarion in combat as needed, instead of giving us Amata a hard time and trying to seal it up again and again before finally realizing that they need it. (though the Aquarion didn't actually appear or have anything to do this episode.

What's got me revved up is next week's episode though; it seems we may already be getting the Aquarion Evol back in action, but even more importantly Mikono is already hopping into the cockpit next episode. (though maybe just in simulation)

I'm so glad Kawamori and the staff decided not to make an annoying deal out of the whole gender segregation issue, though obviously the wall is still there. But it's not like it's being annoyingly drilled into our heads, and really, at this point the only character who seems to be annoying in the segregation issue is MIX with her strict "Men are ugly!" standoffing.

And another agonizing week-long wait for the next episode. >.>
Old 2012-01-15, 15:33   Link #248
Katapan
俺様祭り

Well damn, this is fun. The show is doing a ton of things right, the most important one being the characters. One might have expected a drop in quality after the double episode last week too, but the look's still polished.

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 3:
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 3:
Spoiler for Episodes 1-2:
Old 2012-01-15, 16:04   Link #249
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Quote:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:56   Link #250
KBTKaiser

Actually, the simulation failed because Amata's hissatsu was so out of the left field it broke the emulated abductor CPUs(Fatal Error, Fatal Exception, etc.)
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 21:53   Link #251
mayumi

that was nice episode on the guys side. i just can't stand the main girl. thinking of her as silvia just feels wrong. the dynamic between the main guy and girl is boring. i hope zessica can bring some fun to the trio.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:33   Link #252
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:

Spoiler for ep 3:
Yeah, I was ready to drop the series because of the cliche, but I laughed so hard because it ended being a giant set-up for the joke at the end. I'm liking the writing of this show, seems like they get a kick out of satires.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:17   Link #253
leokiko

Solid episode, aside from pointless fanservice. The ''Dogeza'' ''attack'' made me laugh so much there.

And....+100000000 for Fudou's reappearence(assuming it's not his descendant). I thought he wasn't going to appear for a while. Also, have someone already mentioned TOMA's appearence at the end? Will this link to events in the first Aquarion? That will surely change things! I mean, if Amato is half angel / half human, Toma could be his sworn enemy. See that they haven't discovered his true power yet.

I'm sooo looking foward to next week! =D
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:43   Link #254
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Anybody else consider the theory that the Abductors' world may be the "real" earth where the original Aquarion took place, and the world Amata and the other are in is either an alternate dimension or a world that humans colonized or something at some point in the 12,000 year span between the original series and EVOL? That would be an interesting twist and would explain why Apollo and Touma's reincarnations/descendants are both on the Abductors' side. And remember that the Aquarion OVA was a parallel universe to the original Aquarion as pointed out at the end of the OVA, so there's precedent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Quote:
As for the episode, well, yeah, school love comedy. This Aquarion is certainly more in line with current anime trends... ah well, as long as they don't go overboard with the diving into girls' butt thing.
Yeah, I was ready to drop the series because of the cliche, but I laughed so hard because it ended being a giant set-up for the joke at the end. I'm liking the writing of this show, seems like they get a kick out of satires.
As for this, how is this episode anything majorly different from the style of the first Aquarion? That was a bit of a school love comedy hijinks series too, and being only at episode 3, it's rather early to be throwing around words like "cliche" to desribe the mood/setting/pace of EVOL.

On another note, how the hell did a jackass like Cayenne become the idol of the girls' campus? Or so I'd normally ask, but since the genders are seperated, it's not like they can see what he's really like. *sigh* It's always the jerks who get the most girl attention in a non-harem series.
Old 2012-01-15, 23:46   Link #255
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

The testing was boring, but he got to see some nice images. Andy is funny. Amata got too excited after ompleting the whole. Lol best part was him bowing his head to Mikono, glad she realized it as well. WTF Fudou reduced to being a janitor? Touma makes his appearance! Heopfully Mikono gets over her useless mentality quickly.
Old 2012-01-15, 23:46   Link #256
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

interesting episode... can't wait to see the repercussions of what Amata did this ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:48   Link #257
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
WTF Fudou reduced to being a janitor?
I thnk it's safe to say he's "undercover" and not actually a janitor.

Quote:
Heopfully Mikono gets over her useless mentality quickly.
Seeing as how she's already donning a pilot suit and apparently undergoing tests/simulations in the next episode preview, I think there's a good chance of that.
Old 2012-01-15, 23:52   Link #258
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I like this ep.... Aquarion Evol is probably the very first Anime which a Male Pilot uses Giant Mecha to do Dogeza just to do an Epic apology to another person.....

Bonus point in that the attack technically worked and defeated the "enemies"......
Old 2012-01-15, 23:54   Link #259
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I thnk it's safe to say he's "undercover" and not actually a janitor.

Seeing as how she's already donning a pilot suit and apparently undergoing tests/simulations in the next episode preview, I think there's a good chance of that.
That's true, but i want him to take over command duties already. Yea that will help her move faster.
Old 2012-01-16, 00:00   Link #260
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I'm considering watching the first season after seeing episode 3. My god, It was really, really really fun. And I think I have already 3 characters I like: Amata (sweet), Andy (funny) and Zessica (brave). EVOL kind of reminds me Star Driver, but with a lot more of nonsense. And that's great.

Also, colours. I'm a fan of colours and these series are really colourful.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-01-16 at 14:02.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction