Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Autumn 2009: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Spoiler for V1 No OVA's OAV's or OAD's:

Spoiler for V2 Includes OVA's OAV's and OAD's:

Spoiler for V3 The Final list supposedly:

Give me my Shin Koihime Musou.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3

Last edited by Emerald Emblem; 2009-10-03 at 08:32.
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 04:30   Link #2
Oppius
Banned

As a yuri fan, Sasameki Koto always in my list. As I liked the first season, Shin Koihime Musou added too.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 05:04   Link #3
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , this autumn sound OK !

Maybe i'll watch or Check :

Armed Librarians (we'll see)
A certain scientific Railgun (hmmm , fanservice for To aru majutsu )
Letter Bee (we'll see)
Queen's blade (well i only see entierly the 1st episode for the S1 , skip for the ecchi )

Watch to see if its good :

The sacred Blacksmith (seems good )
Fairy Tail (seems good )
Nyan Koi (well , the plot sound weirds )
11eyes (the guy remind me Rental magica)
Heaven Lost (ahah seems hilarious )

Definitely watch :

Darker than Black S2 (I think its the best anime in this season )
White Album S2 (want to know what will happens to the guy XD)
Inuyasha final act !(finally)
Nogizaka Haruka S2 (like the humor)

OMG anime :

Stitch 2
Tamagotchi
Jungle Emperor Leo (Lion king? )
Battle Spirit
Kampfer (weird anime)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 10:01   Link #4
Theowne
耳をすませば

The only thing I'm watching for sure is Kimi no Todoke. Everything else is up to reviews/first impressions people give.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 10:40   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
The only thing I'm watching for sure is Kimi no Todoke. Everything else is up to reviews/first impressions people give.
What he said. Honestly tough after the stellar offering that is the current season I'm kinda disappointed with the current setup for Autumn. Too many RomComs and Fanservice shows.

Will Watch:
1. Kimi no Todoke - essentially the only must watch for me here. Never read the manga though, but people are all praises for it.

Will Try a Few Episodes:
1. Romance of the Three Kingdoms - I happen to be a nut of the warring states period of the post-Han dynasty of China. However, the old previous attempt was downright horrifying. I'm approaching this with caution. That and Liu Bei on the cover isn't looking too hot.

2. Sasameki Koto - After being very pleasantly impressed by Aoi Hana in a genre that never was my interest to begin with, I'm going to try this one too.

3. Kobato - Sounds like a really cheesy premise, but I've been proven wrong so many times that I'm willing i give it a shot.

4. Trapeze - Can you say bizarre surrealism? If this was Studio 4-degrees it'd be up there but it's Toei, so I'll give it a shot.

Will Avoid Like the Plague
1. Queen's Blade Sequel - Ugh. Maybe if I was like a mysogynist, but one episode of acid-spewing breasts is one episode too many for this lifetime.

2. Everything else that features too many girls on the cover - Meh. Just... meh.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 10:41   Link #6
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

There is nothing on the list that interests me according to my taste. Fall 2009 must be the most lackluster season I have seen yet in my opinion.

Maybe is because of the recession...
Old 2009-08-04, 10:49   Link #7
oompa loompa

I agree, weakish season .. The only series I'm looking forward to are sequels..

edit:

I'll admit, many of the summaries seem interesting, but their posters put me off.. I'm going to be optimistic though, since I don't really know about many of them.

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2009-08-04 at 11:02.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 10:56   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah. Kind of a tough sell for me honestly. Most of what I'm watching for Fall 2009 come from recommendations and not because they make me foam in the mouth in anticipation.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:26   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow.... um, I think this looks to be the weakest season for me in several years. Hopefully there are some gems lurking that the summations don't reveal.

So far Kimi ni Todoke is about the only one that catches my eye. Winter Sonata sounds like it might be good but also a "downer" series from the get-go.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-05 at 12:15. Reason: d'oh
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:28   Link #10
Echoes

I get the impressions that a lot of the shows this coming season are a bit on the generic side. There are tons of sequels too, but I actually don't mind the latter as there are some gems hidden in the rough, at least as far as I'm concerned.

As for what I'm actually really looking forward to....
  • Natsu no Arashi - The first season was good, if they keep the style and humor up, it'll be more than worth watching. It has class!
  • Darker Than Black- I loved the first season, and I'm very pleased to see a continuation of the storyline and the return of my beloved characters. I pray they don't mess this one up.
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun - More of these two can't be bad.
  • Shin Koihime Musou - I got a softspot for this series. It's just cheap fun with sexy ladies, but at least it's not trying to pass itself off as anything but that.
  • The Sacred Blacksmith - Looks like it could be fun. Really pretty character designs too. I know nothing of the story, but I don't expect that aspect of the series to blow me away. Still, this series is the only non-sequel that makes my list.

Armed Librarians and Kobato also look somewhat interesting, I'll have to give them a chance once autumn rolls around.
Old 2009-08-04, 12:32   Link #11
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I get the impressions that a lot of the shows this coming season are a bit on the generic side. There are tons of sequels too, but I actually don't mind the latter as there are some gems hidden in the rough, at least as far as I'm concerned.
I think that's the problem.. There might actually be plenty of shows that turn out good, but everything is a bit on the generic side. Bah, and to believe there were quite a few complaints about last season .. Hope for the best I guess
Old 2009-08-04, 12:37   Link #12
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

"Misaka Mikoto, a Judgment psychic that preserves law and order in the city."

Great way to describe a civilian starting fights for the satisfaction of beating up troublemakers.

The season doesn't look that great, but I suspect a few of those will turn out better than they seem, as usual.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:37   Link #13
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

For the ones who don't know Kobato is one of those CLAMP works that had yet to be adapted for TV. For the people who loved the first season Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits, Angelic Layer and the lighter side of CLAMP, you might be interested into this

(CLAMP shameless plug)

Last edited by Proto; 2009-08-04 at 14:24.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:50   Link #14
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Lots of season 2 shows to look foward to for me...

This includes:

Darker than Black (FINALLY)
White Album (The conclusion)
To Aru Kaguku (Not that good of a show though, but meh it's watchable)
Natsu no Arashi (First season was pure WIN)

The only new anime that I am interested in so far is Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:01   Link #15
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
For the one who doesn't know Kobato is one of those CLAMP works that had yet to be adapted for TV. For the people who loved the first season Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits, Angelic Layer and the lighter side of CLAMP, you might be interested into this
I like what I've seen from Clamp (though admittedly it isn't that much), but if it's anything you could liken to Chobits, chances are I'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
I think that's the problem.. There might actually be plenty of shows that turn out good, but everything is a bit on the generic side. Bah, and to believe there were quite a few complaints about last season .. Hope for the best I guess
Yeah, well you know, people complain about pretty much every season, there's never enough shows to please everyone. I've found great things in both previous seasons, and actually found them both to be pretty strong. I'm always skeptical at the start of a season I guess, since I rarely know much about anything but the sequels. Here's to hoping our fears are unfounded!
Old 2009-08-04, 13:08   Link #16
oompa loompa

I'm curious about something, ( and I don't think it warrants another thread so I'll just post it here) For the last couple of seasons, ( well, longer than that) there's been a lot of talk about how the industry is going down the tube etc etc. - favoring 'safe' bets rather than trying other things out. Is this because the studios are only aiming for safer shows, or is there a lack of good original source material ( i.e. mangas, VN's , light novels etc.)? Or a little bit of both?
Old 2009-08-04, 13:15   Link #17
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Trapeze a.k.a. Kuchu Buranko already makes this season the best of the year.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:27   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm kinda insterested in The Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:36   Link #19
qwertyuiopz

stitch LOL?

i see 5 or 6 that i want to try
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:20   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've seen a few of the Stitch (first season).... lets just say that Disney manages to do to Stitch on television the same horror they did to Winnie the Pooh (and almost anything else they produce as a sequel or follow-on). Japan-ifying it didn't remove the 'disney-effect'. :P