AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-04, 04:52   Link #901
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Usually you don't get such things in a comedy story.
Exactly, which always makes me wished it happens. I know it'll disgust alot of people, but to me it's win.
Old 2009-08-04, 05:40   Link #902
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Actually, it is not really a comedy, so Flo ideas are not so absurd.

I just read the first chapter and it has some comedy, but is more like a slice-of-life romance.

The first chapter didn't impressed me. The story is from Yuki's point of view, not Kyon's, is her thoughts we hear. This chapter show a little about Yuki and Kyon relationship, as well as an introduction of the other main charactes, Ryoko, Mikuru, Tsuruya... and Mori (guess what she is here). Haruhi and Itsuki only appear for 2 pages, Itsuki is not more then a shadow and we can not see Haruhi's face (it is obvious that is then, though).

I can't say it is bad. But I wouldn't call it good either. I guess I should wait for the next chapters.

It is not a 4koma, by the way.
Old 2009-08-04, 23:40   Link #903
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I read the scanlation, and while it certainly has comedic and slice-of-life overtones as everyone has noted, I can definitely sense a more serious undertone that subtly reminds the reader that "Yes, you may not be in the Haruhiverse, but you are still in the demesnes of Haruhi Suzumiya." I can't really go into any further detail as to what I mean without discussing the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya novel to a spoilery level of detail, or the nature of the Haruhiverse, so I will continue my discussion in the Spoilers and Spec thread here.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:32   Link #904
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Okay, yeah, just read the scanlation.

This could be incredibly dark. Really hope it is.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:38   Link #905
Heatth

Eh, while is not as comical as Haruhi-can, I doubt it will be 'dark'

But, don't know. Anyone know how long it will be? Maybe it goes through Cerebus Syndrome, becoming more serious as it grows old.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:44   Link #906
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
But, don't know. Anyone know how long it will be? Maybe it goes through Cerebus Syndrome, becoming more serious as it grows old.
I think that trope should be renamed, since considering how Cerebus ended it's not exactly a good example of that anymore.

But in any case, if done well, it can be very very good for the works that undergo it.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:50   Link #907
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think that trope should be renamed, since considering how Cerebus ended it's not exactly a good example of that anymore.

But in any case, if done well, it can be very very good for the works that undergo it.
I don't even know that Cerebus comic

Anyway, I agree with you. Many shows a like go through it. Still, 'dark' is a bit too much. Given this 1st chapter, I wouldn't find strange it becomes more dramatic. It is already more serious/dramatic if you compare to Haruhi-chan (I believe many was expecting something similar).
Old 2009-08-08, 05:17   Link #908
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Okay, yeah, just read the scanlation.

This could be incredibly dark. Really hope it is.
I don't think it will get incredibly dark, but hey, after School Rumble turned into a mexican soap opera, i guess anything is possible.

Either way, it was a nice opening for the series, but it's hard for me to accomplish that girl as Yuki... I guess everything that made me like Yuki is not present in this girl, hehe.

For now, all i want to see is Asakura getting crazy like in the dating game and... Tsuruya jumping a lot more often without Mori stopping her from showing her panties.
Old 2009-08-08, 07:27   Link #909
typhonsentra

Is the new issue out yet or is it one of those magazines that are published every other month?
Old 2009-08-08, 10:00   Link #910
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Is the new issue out yet or is it one of those magazines that are published every other month?
The new issue (#2) of Young Ace was released this week (August 4th).

See http://haruhi.tv/fanclub/goods_book.html#youngace or the magazine homepage http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/ya/.
Old 2009-08-08, 10:30   Link #911
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The new issue (#2) of Young Ace was released this week (August 4th).

See http://haruhi.tv/fanclub/goods_book.html#youngace or the magazine homepage http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/ya/.
But is a weekly or a monthly magazine?
Old 2009-08-08, 11:35   Link #912
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
But is a weekly or a monthly magazine?
Well, considering the first one was released just about a month ago, and this is the second one...
Old 2009-08-08, 12:05   Link #913
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

HAHAHA BURN!

Seriously though, WTF? A monthly release that's only 19 pages long? I mean, monthly releases are usually at least 25 pages long (or longer, as in most cases), and the first chapter tends to be longer than the rest. This is almost as bad as School Rumble Z!
Old 2009-08-09, 03:14   Link #914
User89254
Disabled By Request

I notice a lot of people seem to have access to the raws for chapter 2 (not chapter 1). Can I have a link or something to these raws, in whatever language?
Old 2009-08-09, 04:15   Link #915
Heatth

No, you can't.

(sorry, but that are the rules. You can just try gogle It always works)
Old 2009-08-09, 04:16   Link #916
User89254
Disabled By Request

*wow, thanks*
Old 2009-08-10, 23:11   Link #917
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
I notice a lot of people seem to have access to the raws for chapter 2 (not chapter 1). Can I have a link or something to these raws, in whatever language?
Have confirmed that the RAW is indeed out there. Thank you, Finestela, whoever you are...

Review, pending download (damn you, Comcast) and deciphering of the pretty pictures with the foreign scribbles all over them, to follow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for synopsis of chapter 2 by someone who does not read Japanese:

As expected, we get a more shoujo-esque chapter where nothing much happens except for Ryoko scarring Kyon for life (twice) and Yuki being clumsy (while having more costume changes than in the entirety of the 9 novels). Should be better once I understand the words. Little things here and there do seem to hint at something under the surface, however, so I still hold out hope for something special in the making. Puyo is inarguably imaginative, as proven by Haruhi-chan, so I feel safe in assuming that there's more to it than this. Plus, this is really the only new Haruhi we've got, so I guess I have to put my trust in it.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-08-11 at 00:31. Reason: Having "read" the RAW...
Old 2009-08-11, 00:23   Link #918
User89254
Disabled By Request

Where is this raw?
Old 2009-08-11, 00:36   Link #919
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Where is this raw?
No can do. I believe you've already been told that we can't answer that. Like three comments ago... Besides, it's not like it's hard to find...

And no I won't risk it in PM, either.
Old 2009-08-11, 00:37   Link #920
User89254
Disabled By Request

Ah, right. They just posted it.

...I'm a moron...
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shounen