AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 16:45   Link #3161
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Who gets annoyed at viz? WE DO! GIVE THE RIGHTS TO GOD DAMNIT BAKA-TSUKI IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO YOUR GOD DAMNED JOB! stupid viz...
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:47   Link #3162
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Who gets annoyed at viz? WE DO! GIVE THE RIGHTS TO GOD DAMNIT BAKA-TSUKI IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO YOUR GOD DAMNED JOB! stupid viz...
I believe while Baka-Tsuki actually had the permission to translate the novels (well they just volunteered after Viz dropped it "once") they made up to 5-6 novels I believe? But Viz picked it back up, and were stuck on 2 novels translated So if Viz drops the novels, I believe alot of SnS fans will be happy. But after all the years that Viz has maintained control of it... I don't see any rest..
Old 2011-02-08, 18:35   Link #3163
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Well, fortunally, there is a fansub on spanish that traslates the mangas directly from japanese, and they released the volume 4 this month, just when I thought the project was dead they gave us a surprise.
And the novels, there is another fansub that traslates Jap-Span at the risk of getting disbanded, but they said that there is some kinda of "legal shield" that protects their project. It's extremely slow due to the lack of traslators, but it's alive.
So soon or late, I guess I'll get myselft a way to read both.
And the positive side, one more reason to learn japanese
Old 2011-02-08, 19:01   Link #3164
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Well, fortunally, there is a fansub on spanish that traslates the mangas directly from japanese, and they released the volume 4 this month, just when I thought the project was dead they gave us a surprise.
And the novels, there is another fansub that traslates Jap-Span at the risk of getting disbanded, but they said that there is some kinda of "legal shield" that protects their project. It's extremely slow due to the lack of traslators, but it's alive.
As long as the novels are eventually translated, then it's just happy news for me But I do wish that there "legal shield" helps them through.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-02-08 at 20:01.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 20:28   Link #3165
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
this intrigues me...I can read spanish so now I really hope they can keep going
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:29   Link #3166
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
There is no way of contacting viz is there? BT, as far as I know, are all volunteers aren't they? And Viz is actually an organisation? BT don't get paid I believe and still do a better job than Viz...
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:47   Link #3167
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
There is no way of contacting viz is there? BT, as far as I know, are all volunteers aren't they? And Viz is actually an organisation? BT don't get paid I believe and still do a better job than Viz...
we are not pros, so that's an overstatement . besides, that's where they can add value by offering more quality translations. thanks for that thought though.

and yes we are completely volunteers and don't get paid, otherwise it's not possible to be sheltered under fair use for education, research, enrichment purposes. and that's why Viz's license is a big potential headache.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 05:10   Link #3168
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Honestly, I don't get the reason for which one they stopped, I mean, the fansub that I spoke about never got a problem, NEVER. Maybe in a future when they get to release the other volumes +4 they will start to get annoyed, but hey, that's enough if you think you are risking your neck only for the fans like you.
Old 2011-02-09, 08:21   Link #3169
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Legal Shield is a sort of "fake".

Let me explain...

Normally in Spain or Italy (and other state) copyright and rights doesn't exist.

Mmmmh....Exist, but law protect this copyright only against PROFESSIONAL translator of other..

For expample if I translate ad SELL the novels.

But if i can read japanese and translate/publish on my site the novels for free.

Law can't do nothing against me, it's not fair and "good" but that's it.
Old 2011-02-09, 08:29   Link #3170
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Then why B-T isn't doing that? ...
If I ever find somebody with the courage to traslate the novels, trust me that I'll take my hat off to him/her.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:08   Link #3171
Evil_Sephiroth

Quote:
If I ever find somebody with the courage to traslate the novels, trust me that I'll take my hat off to him/her.
B-T is from? In UK, U.S.A. France and other you risk a lot, even if you do it for free.

probably is a sort of Honor code.

like for fansub....usually serious group stop to sub when a society gain rights for one state.

Not for a real risk..but becouse they decide that's is a correct choice.

me too..if I became able to translate from japanese i start working on LN...especially becouse in Italy them NEVER arrive.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:20   Link #3172
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Baka-Tsuki knew full well that they would get sued off if they kept translating the Shakugan no Shana novels when Viz had control over it. So they don't have that protection from copyrights that Spain or Italy have since it doesn't really exist. So that assumes they are from the U.S? UK? Anywhere where copyright is a dangerous tool.

But the bad after-effect is that we are just stuck with novels untranslated and can't do anything about it. Unless we had translators from those specific countries that could translate it in another language or English which would be preferred.

But I believe Evil_Sephiroth explained it very well.
Old 2011-02-09, 10:03   Link #3173
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Pff... I don't know if copyright is so strong in Argentina (my country) but trust me that if I'd know any other language to traslate the novels I would, I know that traslating is dangerous due that you can get problems with the law but the beneficit that the internet gives you is your anonymatus, I mean, is so difficult to traslate the novel, post a link in different parts and then dissapear? Even if you upload it once and then it gets deleted, the fans will reupload it over and over again, look, B-T dropped the traslations a lot of time ago and I still see their volumes everywhere....
Old 2011-02-09, 10:49   Link #3174
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Pff... I don't know if copyright is so strong in Argentina (my country) but trust me that if I'd know any other language to traslate the novels I would, I know that traslating is dangerous due that you can get problems with the law but the beneficit that the internet gives you is your anonymatus, I mean, is so difficult to traslate the novel, post a link in different parts and then dissapear? Even if you upload it once and then it gets deleted, the fans will reupload it over and over again, look, B-T dropped the traslations a lot of time ago and I still see their volumes everywhere....
Those volumes were actually made when Viz had no authority over the SnS novels, so the volumes that were released from Baka-Tsuki then are perfectly legal. But anymore would be illegal, I personally wouldn't want anyone to get sued off or in trouble with the law to translate SnS novels. As long as they are protected from copyright is when I'll accept that. They can track you though if you just decide to disappear, alot of people have decided to attempt this in the past and ended up getting sued.
Old 2011-02-09, 11:11   Link #3175
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I'm kinda ignorant in this situation, due that I don't know which kind of punishment you can get or if Viz would bother on hunting you down, so please, don't take my opinion seriously.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:25   Link #3176
larethian

then I suggest reading up on copyright law first. I agree it's possible to do anonymous translations and uploads, but B-T is not an underground group. like what Hooves said, anonymity tools do not grant perfect anonymity. there are a variety of ways to track but may be too resource intensive to be worth the effort of tracking a few individuals unless they are really costing them in losses.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:58   Link #3177
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Which is amusing in itself since Viz isn't making any money off of translated novels anyway.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:27   Link #3178
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

My point is that if let's say, me start traslating, I give the link to a few persons and they post spread it, sounds too unrealistic to me that a Viz detective would hunt down me from the others +360 millions of persons that can get my IP from Argentina as it is dinamic, not saying the fact that he would not even know who traslated the novel or from which country he is.
Just that. I don't ment to offend anyone and if I did, well my apologies, but I just can't see it in the way you do.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:00   Link #3179
Evil_Sephiroth

ok let's see..

First.

Country where translate novel have sense..

(not japan and china where people can have and read the original)

USA-->MP3, Game, Film illegal downloading was punished. Console MOD punished too.

France-->Like USA with little less punishment, but strong copyright protection

U.K.--> Good copyright protection, Law action against people that make money with other work

Italy-->Copyright protection in games and all other artistic work (game, novel, comics and ecc.)
law intervention only against people that sell unofficial work.

Spain and Nordic country (where is wikileaks?)-->No copyright protection...mmh..better say no punishment.

In USA for example a group that have SnS right can ask a restriction order against who broke copyright. (like Sony vs GeoHot)

main problem was that B-T is an importanto group, but i think that people that work for B-T are normal people.....

A law intervention can destroy them life (USA 1 MP3 illegally downloaded--->3000 dollars)

Only one thing.

probably in no country law act against a single translator or a private person (becouse a tribunal work can cost a lot more than punishment)

But probably against an important group...
Old 2011-02-09, 15:02   Link #3180
Evil_Sephiroth

Quote:
My point is that if let's say, me start traslating, I give the link to a few persons and they post spread it, sounds too unrealistic to me that a Viz detective would hunt down me from the others +360 millions of persons that can get my IP from Argentina as it is dinamic, not saying the fact that he would not even know who traslated the novel or from which country he is.
Just that. I don't ment to offend anyone and if I did, well my apologies, but I just can't see it in the way you do.
probably nothing happen...but take a look at your country law.

It's better ^^

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen