AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 23:59   Link #41
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The most likely outcome is Blackbeard simply leaving after maybe htting Luffy once. Whatever the case, neither Blackbeard nor Luffy have time, so I doubt any actually serious fighting will occur, at most only a brief scuffle before Blackbeard tosses Luffy aside, and then mocks Luffy before leaving...
Yeah, I can see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold
IF true I hope, Oda shows off his talent in a good way this time, and off panels that useless scuffle.
Thats' a good joke but did you forget that Oda is a Luffy fanboy?
Old 2009-05-21, 05:19   Link #42
stigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Yeah, I can see that happening.

Thats' a good joke but did you forget that Oda is a Luffy fanboy?

Jesus christ, is there anyting but whine coming from your impatient mouth? Everything you do is mocking Oda and whatever he decides to draw, if your so disatisfied with his work then why read and comment it?

Of course Oda will be a Luffy fanboy, he is the one to become pirate king, no? How could he not be a fan of him? Thinking is a tabu in your country?

And so what if Luffy decides to fight Blackbeard and get owned? Whats the big deal about that? You know for sure he will recover and beat him some other day, its bound to happend.

And lastly, dont bother replying, I wont answer you anyway.
Old 2009-05-21, 10:45   Link #43
marvelB

Well, I checked out the full chapter. Luffy vs. Hannyabal was definitely the highlight for me. Not only did the vice-warden look badass, but the speech he gave was awesome, too (again, it really DOES remind me of that speech T-Bone gave before he fought Zoro). Unfortunately, it looks like his words about a world being ruled by fear is about to come true, especially if my suspicions about Blackbeard's purpose at the prison are true. I find it kinda sad that Teach stamped out Hannyabal like a cigarette butt, though.... oh well, maybe he'll get his time to shine in a ministory.

By the way, even though he wasn't in berserker sea king mode, Jinbei looked mighty pissed at Blackbeard, too (you can even see his fist trembling!). I think it's possible that he'll be the one to lash out at him, rather than Luffy. The looks on Croc and Iva's faces were rather interesting, as well. I suppose that Magellan will walk in on their encounter next chapter, but Teach will leave shortly afterwards so Luffy can have his rematch against the warden.....

Oh, and I loved seeing Burgess toss around those jailors with that big grin on his face. I'm still hoping that he reveals some new abilities that are unrelated to his obvious wrestler motif....
Old 2009-05-21, 14:31   Link #44
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I also think that Magellan appearing would be a blessing in disguise for everyone. Blackbeard will be the one who may want to take care of him (unless there is a much deeper motive), and Luffy wouldn't mind leaving the scene to save his brother.

Also, if Magellan gets a good beating from Blackbeard, it would become a catastrophe for the WG. Something they may not cover. Currently, he seems to be the only one that may stop the pirates' escape, and with him gone, there will only be a single path leading to freedom for everyone.

And, that may actually be the real trigger for the big fight between Dragon's revolutionary army and WG too. I am guessing this loss may be used by Dragon's army to gain control of many other countries.
Old 2009-05-21, 14:46   Link #45
james0246

^Nah, it is almost pre-destined that Magellan is going to fight Luffy...

That being said, I do wonder about a Blackbeard v. Magellan fight...Blackbeard would probably win, but I could see Magellan really pushing him, if for no other reason that Magellan's poison attacks are extraordinarily powerful.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:15   Link #46
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If there wouldn't be any constraints regarding the time, Luffy might have also fought Blackbeard. But, the likelihood of that happening is low. And he cannot fight both too. Anyways, Blackbeard is not there to fight him, and Blackbeard is extremely happy for using this opportunity to do whatever he pleases (I would like to throw a whole hot-pepper integrated pie to his mouth whenever he starts laughing). Magellan is the only obstacle for him right now though who knows maybe it will be Shiryuu who will take on Magellan.

I have to thank Oda. Right now, nothing is clear, as to who may end up fighting who, and who may not fight at all. It is good to have these many possibilities.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:49   Link #47
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wonder where Shiryuu went?
Old 2009-05-21, 15:52   Link #48
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, even though he wasn't in berserker sea king mode, Jinbei looked mighty pissed at Blackbeard, too (you can even see his fist trembling!). I think it's possible that he'll be the one to lash out at him, rather than Luffy.
Jinbei wants to find out if there's a Hell for Fishman...So be it.^

BTW, It's about time someone calls Luffy out on his own selfishness. The fact that the World Government's Impel Down does protect a lot of innocent people from dangerous pirates is touched on and that Luffy's own actions have results that he may not like..Yet Luffy's retarded self didn't listen or understand him.

Hannybal's fighting power was weak but his weapon [The "Naginata"] was cool.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-21 at 16:38.
Old 2009-05-21, 17:14   Link #49
james0246

^I think you a skewing Hannybal's opinion a bit much. We do not honestly know what the majority of the prisoners have done before they were imprisoned, so we cannot say with full certainty that they were all rapists and pillagers, and of the prisoners we do know of, several were placed in prison for their political opposition (i.e. Ivankov, Inazuma, and Jinbei). Added to that, the majority of the prisoners currently fighting along side Luffy are part of Ivankov's gang, so I doubt we can really call them 'evil' or 'bad' for the regular citizen (in so much as Ivankov does not seem like the person who would use Rapists to further his/her cause...then again, I fully admit that we know very little of Ivankov and his gang). Arguably, the only people we can really claim to be 'bad' are Buggy, Crocodile, and Mr. 1 and 2 (since we have actually seen all these people commit acts of violence against "innocents"), and of the 4, 2 have been exonerated (to an extent).
Old 2009-05-21, 17:42   Link #50
Phenomenal
Banned

And thats' the point, Luffy is letting loose scum. Most of the no-named prisoners released were scum. His selfish actions have conasequences as well, that's not scewing Hannybal's words but that's basically his point.^^^
Old 2009-05-21, 17:52   Link #51
james0246

^And my popint was that we cannot really call them "scum" without first knowing what they did. For all we know, the majority of the prisoners in Impel Down were simple pirates that never really harmed anyone (besides other pirates and marines) annd they could have simply wandered around the seas looking for adventure, etc. So, Hannyball calling them "evil" could simply be because they stood against what the WG wants. In the end, I do not know what the pirates did or will do, but I do know that the WG is a fairly tyrannical and sometimes outright evil organization. So, it is hard to simply say that Hannybal is correct, and what Luffy did is detrimental (I will give you selfish...but really which pirate isn't selfish). Would releasing a number of pirates create chaos for the WG? Aye, probably. But, is that chaos necessarily evil? That is far harder to answer.

That beng said, many of us were predicting that something major would occur to balance Whitebeard's defeat. Maybe the fall of Impel Down is the major event we were predicting.
Old 2009-05-21, 18:00   Link #52
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
^And my popint was that we cannot really call them "scum" without first knowing what they did..
I probably wasn't specific enough, I meant no names like Buggy, Wax man Bon clay ect. Crocodile and Mr. 1 alone being out are threats to the world.

Quote:
That beng said, many of us were predicting that something major would occur to balance Whitebeard's defeat
If Whitebeard even gets defeated...
Old 2009-05-21, 18:32   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
I probably wasn't specific enough, I meant no names like Buggy, Wax man Bon clay ect. Crocodile and Mr. 1 alone being out are threats to the world.
Okay, that is more understandable then. Yes, they are actual threats, and the only reliance we have for them is the fact that, however tenetively, Ivankov controls Crocodile. I can't really account for Mr. 1 or Mr. 3, but Buggy and Mr. 2 could be said to have been 'forgiven'...through the powers of Friendship ...j/k.

Quote:
If Whitebeard even gets defeated...
As I am sure you know, I am part of the "When", not "If" crowd....
Old 2009-05-21, 18:56   Link #54
Master Mold
Banned

James, I'm pretty sure that the majority of prisoners are scum in Impel Down, while the do gooders are the minority, but hey if you wanna debate and try to turn what Impel Down is, around go ahead I won't stop you.

Quote:
.As I am sure you know, I am part of the "When", not "If" crowd....
Whats your investment doing in Impel Down then?

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-21 at 19:11.
Old 2009-05-21, 20:04   Link #55
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So any hint on why BB is at Impel Down? Maybe got the order to stall Luffy?
Old 2009-05-21, 20:13   Link #56
Master Mold
Banned

Stall a small fry (Luffy) while the white whale Moby (Whitebeard) is about to ram right into your ship?
Old 2009-05-21, 20:20   Link #57
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
James, I'm pretty sure that the majority of prisoners are scum in Impel Down, while the do gooders are the minority, but hey if you wanna debate and try to turn what Impel Down is, around go ahead I won't stop you.
Actually, I was really talking about the people currently helping Luffy to break out: Ivankov and his Transgender Brigade (I even acknowledged the people we know to be "bad").

Quote:
Whats your investment doing in Impel Down then?
Investment? By that, you probably mean Blackbeard right? Well, I hate to break this to you, but I expect Sengoku or Garp to defeat Whitebeard (probably in a tag-team with potentially a few others, but I do expect Sengoku or Garp to give the "final blow", so to say), not Blackbeard. In fact, I never once expected Blackbeard to even try and fight Whitebeard head on, rather I had speculated that Blackbeard might attack him from the shadows, tripping up Whitebeard at a critical moment, and letting Sengoku or Garp "kill" him. But, even then, I would be more than content for Blackbeard to simply sit out this war (unlike Blackbeard D. Kuma and a few others).
Old 2009-05-21, 20:39   Link #58
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Stall a small fry (Luffy) while the white whale Moby (Whitebeard) is about to ram right into your ship?
Yeah for one thing I don't think they trust BB.
Old 2009-05-21, 20:46   Link #59
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just read the chapter. Is it weird for me to say that Iva was not too bad looking as a woman?
Old 2009-05-21, 20:59   Link #60
kakakka

Nice chapter.

Shiryuu might not have fought BB. He's going to deal with Magellan and BB is going to deal with Luffy and co. That's just some thoughts....
Closed Thread