AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-15, 18:42   Link #10841
Zantetsuken

That's almost 100% sure. They got no info on TDS and Trans-Am. But if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the designs of the gundams made by the engineer, not veda?
Old 2010-01-15, 21:18   Link #10842
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
That's almost 100% sure. They got no info on TDS and Trans-Am. But if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the designs of the gundams made by the engineer, not veda?
Well as far as I know the designs of the Gundams was done by engineers but when the Thrones appeared Sumeragi said she checked Veda's Gundam database and the Thrones didn't match any first or 2nd generation designs. Also Veda is interlinked with all CB computers that are online it's hard to tell what all data it may be downloaded to it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 23:01   Link #10843
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Sonic I was wondering was there any indication that Aeolia's system trap in addition to erasing the CB member's info also erased the data for the current generation Gundams and future designs that were in Veda at the time.
That depends,personally I dont think so.The thing about the erasure of CB Meister data is that it was mentioned in the anime briefly by Ribbons.

That and I think the system trap was fairly limited in its ability,meaning that it was probably programmed to do vital stuff like ensuring th anomousity of CB members which seems like vital first on the list kinda things.CB's technology would have been too numerous and too wide.

While stuff like mech data is important,it would have been too complicated,since other than mechs there would have been thousands of other technological databases,like medical technology.

And the System Trap while powerful is basic in nature.Release lock on Trans-Am,release Twin Drive and erase or hide CB member data.And considering it would have been implemented a long time ago,they probably cant go ahead and just make it do whatever that may seem important.

Not to mention,Ribbons would probably have the data anyways,or Alejandro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
Yes,but Veda it seems acts as a main database of CB,everything is stored there.Not just mech technology but we know medical is as well,and probably alot of other fields as well.Veda collects data on pretty much everything so I'm sure data made or not discovered by CB would have accumulated as well.Dr. Moreno made use of large amounts of medical data to help Chall heal from her lost of telomores from the GN Particle exposure.

It makes sense of CB to store their data there as well.Besides,considering how much CB is such a close knit internal organisation,with alot of things inherited from the previous generation,putting that data in such a secure place makes sense to prevent possible leakage or loss.
Old 2010-01-16, 12:22   Link #10844
GundamFan

Sonic I was thinking more along the lines of keeping them from finding the individual Gundams that were in uses Achilles’ heel in the designs layout then protecting the technology.
But if that wasn't include in additional information in the manga then they probably didn't cover it up with CB personnel data.

We know Ribbons was accessing level 7 data before the trap went off given the info that Team Trinity had on the Miesters and what happened with the trial system. Although it seems Ribbons access was bit limited otherwise he wouldn't have needed Nena to access the terminal on the Ptolemy for him.
Old 2010-01-16, 13:38   Link #10845
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

That depends,Ribbons relation with Nena in terms of giving Veda access is hard to determine for sure.However,we do know that Ribbons have had Level 7 access for awhile now,it was mentioned in the first novel.And he is fully aware of of the targets and goals of the Plan,even about the planned destruction of Celestial Being[Even Tiera,another Level 7 wasnt aware of this but Tiera is just Regene's clone as he replaced Regene who was suppose to be one of the Original Innovedo Meisters along with Ribbons],which was why Ribbons quit as a Meister,he didn't want to die and wanted to see through the Plan till the end.

He also had the ability to block all suggestions given by Grave [Grave recruited Allelujah and Lockon I think] for Exia's Meister,he's reserved that exclusively for Setsuna.

Not to mention,he's used the MS data for some things,like developing the 1 Gundam and GN Cannon.The 1 Gundam is said to be brother machines with Exia in terms of development data,while GN Cannon used data from Virtue[Who is still in development when we saw the GN Cannon being used in 00P S2].
Old 2010-01-16, 16:42   Link #10846
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That depends,Ribbons relation with Nena in terms of giving Veda access is hard to determine for sure.However,we do know that Ribbons have had Level 7 access for awhile now,it was mentioned in the first novel.And he is fully aware of of the targets and goals of the Plan,even about the planned destruction of Celestial Being[Even Tiera,another Level 7 wasnt aware of this but Tiera is just Regene's clone as he replaced Regene who was suppose to be one of the Original Innovedo Meisters along with Ribbons],which was why Ribbons quit as a Meister,he didn't want to die and wanted to see through the Plan till the end.
While you kinda had to figure there was going to be more limits put on then just level since they only had 7 of them.

Quote:
He also had the ability to block all suggestions given by Grave [Grave recruited Allelujah and Lockon I think] for Exia's Meister,he's reserved that exclusively for Setsuna.
Who's Grave?

Quote:
Not to mention,he's used the MS data for some things,like developing the 1 Gundam and GN Cannon.The 1 Gundam is said to be brother machines with Exia in terms of development data,while GN Cannon used data from Virtue[Who is still in development when we saw the GN Cannon being used in 00P S2].
I hadn't heard that yet about the 1 Gundam and GN Cannons relationship to Exia and Virtue that's interesting thanks for the information.
Old 2010-01-16, 17:07   Link #10847
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:

While you kinda had to figure there was going to be more limits put on then just level since they only had 7 of them.
That's definitely true,Ribbons knew more than Tiera did and they both are Level 7 acess users.

Quote:
Who's Grave?
Gundam Rasiel's Meister in 00PS2.He was in charge of recruiting the Meisters,recruited Allelujah and Lockon I think.Tried to recruit a Meister for Exia but all of his candidates were instantly rejected,leading him to believe that Exia's seat is reserved for someone.

He's also an Innovedo though I didnt think he knew it,although he was aware of their existence.

Quote:
I hadn't heard that yet about the 1 Gundam and GN Cannons relationship to Exia and Virtue that's interesting thanks for the information.
More precisely,the relationship between 1 Gundam and Exia was mentioned in Reborns Web profile I think but I think its actually referring to the 1 Gundam when it said something along the lines of "its believed that they may have been brother machines in developement data".

And they share similar heads too.
Old 2010-01-16, 23:38   Link #10848
GundamFan

Quote:
Gundam Rasiel's Meister in 00PS2.He was in charge of recruiting the Meisters,recruited Allelujah and Lockon I think.Tried to recruit a Meister for Exia but all of his candidates were instantly rejected,leading him to believe that Exia's seat is reserved for someone.

He's also an Innovedo though I didnt think he knew it,although he was aware of their existence.
Which Rasiel the orginal or the Black one that ran on a Tau drive.
Seems like he didn't blindly follow Veda like alot CB members and pretty well informed if knew about Innovedo.

Quote:
More precisely,the relationship between 1 Gundam and Exia was mentioned in Reborns Web profile I think but I think its actually referring to the 1 Gundam when it said something along the lines of "its believed that they may have been brother machines in developement data".

And they share similar heads too.
Well I went to the official Japanese website from what I could make out using the translator from the google toolbar the 1 Gundam is definetly Exia's brother Exia the wording is pretty bad though. Also another interesting note from the web profile the Reborns cannon mode uses the same type of sensors as the GN-X Ⅱ.
Old 2010-01-17, 00:01   Link #10849
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Seems like he didn't blindly follow Veda like alot CB members and pretty well informed if knew about Innovedo.
The original Rasiel. He worked with Hixar, who piloted the GN-Sefer, I believe.
Old 2010-01-17, 13:28   Link #10850
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
The original Rasiel,and yes he was informed about the Innovedo.That information is distributed on need to know basis,so only certain factions of CB are aware of their existence.

For the record though,not following Veda can get you killed.And of course CB members have to follow Veda,its the highest chain of command so naturally your going to have to follow it.

Though for the record,Sumeragi did not mind abandoning protocols in S1 either,when she suspected Veda has been infiltrated,she asked a report not to be sent through the Veda System.

Quote:
Well I went to the official Japanese website from what I could make out using the translator from the Google toolbar the 1 Gundam is definitely Exia's brother Exia the wording is pretty bad though. Also another interesting note from the web profile the Reborns cannon mode uses the same type of sensors as the GN-X Ⅱ.
I've not used Google toolbar translator before but I have used Live Translator before and I know that this is 10 times better than that,its what I usually use to autotranslate digital Japanese.The top option at the middle of the screen is for English to Japanese,while the bottom option is Japanese to English,so click that fist and press the button there:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

As for the Reborns web profile,yeah we've had that translated by mike_s_6 a few months back.The GN-X II sensor thing was further showed in the development chart of the Gundam 00 Genealogy released with PG 00 Raiser.

Anyways,just for the heck of it,here's the profile in plain human flesh translated English:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6
Organization: ???
Pilot: Ribbons Almark

MS Data
Height: 23.3m (Gundam mode) 21.8m (Cannon mode)
Weight: 79.1t
Armaments:
GN Buster Rifle
Large GN Beam Saber
GN Sheild
Large GN Fin Fangs
Small GN Fin Fangs
Egner [?] Whip

The Reborns Gundam is a machine made from accumulated Mobile Suit technology data from Veda. The base design was completed at a considerably early stage. At first the Gundam mode was the main machine, and it was planned that the Cannon mode is a separate support machine. But Ribbons doesn't want to depend on a companion, so in order to fight alone, the two machines were merged into one, which is what is seen at present. It is completed with the addition of the Twin Drive System stolen by Anew. Regarding aspects of functionality, performance, and armaments, it is a special machine that succeeded over all Mobile Suits created until the present. The only inferior thing is that it is installed with the "pseudo-solar furnaces" that are not original solar furnaces, and it was thought that Ribbons' defeat against his fight with Setsuna was also caused by this. Actually, the performance difference created by their solar furnaces was roughly made up for by its technological innovation.

Gundam Mode
The generally used mode. There are marked similarities with Gundam Exia that remain, and it is said that they are brother machines in the planning data, but because in the end it was installed with many armaments, their similarities regarding their outward appearance were few.

Cannon Mode
The mode that specializes in long-distance shooting. An identical base data of Gundam Virtue is used in its design. The sensor inside the head visor it adopted is in the GN-XII Cannon's sensor line.

Speaking of the official website profiles,the Susanowo's profile mentions that the Innovedo and Billy developed their Trans-Am Systems separately,with Billy getting his from the analysis acquired by Eifman's research Notes regarding GN Drives.

It didn't elaborated much on possible differences in terms of theory,application,strengths and weaknesses although we do know that the pseudo solar furnaces are damaged in both from the HG Hilling Garazzo manual as well as the HG Trans-Am Susanowo manual,so in that regard their probably the same.

We also do not know where the Innovedo got the inspiration and data for theirs,but I wont be surprised if it was from Anew who also stole the data for the Twin Drive from CB,as mentioned in the Reborns profile above.The anime further solidifies this as one of the operators mentioned that some data was erased and some stolen immediately after the Anew hostage crisis.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-01-17 at 13:39.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:31   Link #10851
GundamFan

Quote:
The original Rasiel,and yes he was informed about the Innovedo.That information is distributed on need to know basis,so only certain factions of CB are aware of their existence.

For the record though,not following Veda can get you killed.And of course CB members have to follow Veda,its the highest chain of command so naturally your going to have to follow it.

Though for the record,Sumeragi did not mind abandoning protocols in S1 either,when she suspected Veda has been infiltrated,she asked a report not to be sent through the Veda System.
I'm quite sure not following Veda's orders will get you killed, Tieria seemed liked he was ready to kill Setsuna acouple of times there in the first season for that reason and the fact that they have strapped explosives around someones neck and force him to be a Meister for them. What I was trying express before was Grave was still showing some independent thought Christina Sierra acted as if Sumeragi was crazy when she suggested Veda might have been hacked and Tieria views Veda and the plan are more like a religion than anything else. That was what getting at is it seems he was following Veda more the way you would a military leader while alot of the members it seemed to become sort of a psuedo religion for them.

Quote:
I've not used Google toolbar translator before but I have used Live Translator before and I know that this is 10 times better than that,its what I usually use to autotranslate digital Japanese.The top option at the middle of the screen is for English to Japanese,while the bottom option is Japanese to English,so click that fist and press the button there:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
Thanks man for the tranlator I never looked for one before the only way I found the google one was when clicked on a page in Japanese that some Gundam pictures I wanted to look at and the is message came up a few seconds later saying it was translating.

Quote:
Speaking of the official website profiles,the Susanowo's profile mentions that the Innovedo and Billy developed their Trans-Am Systems separately,with Billy getting his from the analysis acquired by Eifman's research Notes regarding GN Drives.

It didn't elaborated much on possible differences in terms of theory,application,strengths and weaknesses although we do know that the pseudo solar furnaces are damaged in both from the HG Hilling Garazzo manual as well as the HG Trans-Am Susanowo manual,so in that regard their probably the same.

We also do not know where the Innovedo got the inspiration and data for theirs,but I wont be surprised if it was from Anew who also stole the data for the Twin Drive from CB,as mentioned in the Reborns profile above.The anime further solidifies this as one of the operators mentioned that some data was erased and some stolen immediately after the Anew hostage crisis.
Well you have figure they would be pretty similar from a functional stand point isnce they both use the same base technology and drive system.

I remember from series Ribbons freaking out when he couldn't find any data on the twin drive system he also seemed completely clueless about to so I doubt he had done any research before season 2.

I wonder if they ever found all of Ribbons hidding spots considering how many different mobile suits he researched and developed there had to be mutiple warehouse and manufacturing facilities if for no other reason then to keep the UN in the dark about what was going on.
Old 2010-01-17, 22:17   Link #10852
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Well you have figure they would be pretty similar from a functional stand point isnce they both use the same base technology and drive system.

I remember from series Ribbons freaking out when he couldn't find any data on the twin drive system he also seemed completely clueless about to so I doubt he had done any research before season 2.

I wonder if they ever found all of Ribbons hidding spots considering how many different mobile suits he researched and developed there had to be mutiple warehouse and manufacturing facilities if for no other reason then to keep the UN in the dark about what was going on.
Well, one must take account into different methodologies Billy Katagiri and the Innovators applied respectively that created them their versions of the Trans-Am Systems.

One depended on only handwritten notes from a late Professor, and furnished them with up-to-date data on the pseudo GN drives. The other had the backing of Veda, and stolen data thanks to an unknowing spy from a rich resource database.

I could only be awed by the infinite amount of knowledge and data that the Innovators could utilized.

------------------------------------------------------

The first ESF president was an ally of Ribbons Almack, and he would have allowed the Innovator to do whatever he wanted, in return for aid and support from Veda. After Tieria captured Veda, he could have either destroyed the facilities, or continue to use them for his own research (e.g. Raphael Gundam).
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 05:17   Link #10853
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

SE 3 cover, sorry its not very big but i will put it here 4 now till someone puts a bigger imager here.
Old 2010-01-20, 05:23   Link #10854
furato
Chronic Googler

Only slightly bigger: http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/617Y1VqeLmL.jpg

But this is probably the first time the "character-oriented" cover is more badass than the "mecha-oriented" cover.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 05:16   Link #10855
furato
Chronic Googler

Celestial Station 00R, Yun Kouga talks with host Irino Miyu (Saji) about character design
http://gundam.info/topic/3000

Summary from 2ch inside:
Spoiler:
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 06:39   Link #10856
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That cover is wickedly kickass.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 07:46   Link #10857
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post

Summary from 2ch inside:
Spoiler:
Quote:
-The guest continues to be Yun Kouga. [Last episode also had Ms. Kouga]
-Last time was a talk centering on her work as a manga artist.
-This time is a talk about 00.

-Details on being in charge of the 00 character designs
-Pick out a strange part about the audition
-Iketani P and Mizushima came to Kouga’s place, and said, “You’re not participating in the audition?”
-“Well should I participate…”
“I participated thinking that there’s no way they would choose me.”

-The rough draft in the audition was very different from what we have now in the anime.
-The first drawn was Neil?
-I misunderstood that he was supposed to be an older brother type guy
-I made the characters based on the background, setting, and age etc.
-At the beginning were 5, or 6 characters (Meisters + Sumeragi). The easy to draw people…
-Girls were easy to draw.
-My impression of Sumeragi was relatively near what Iketani P and Mizushima thought of.
-All were difficult to do.

-I thought I drew as everyone said.

-If she would try to draw Irino in profile view, his face would have an upturned chin.
-Kouga likes the profile view

-The one with the difficult order is Tieria.
-I could do nothing but make an impression (generally speaking, a beautiful, androgynous, bespectacled person)
-The one I drew at the start was very different.
-He’s like a boy that has the impression of a woman. [SUCCESS!]

-When I heard that there was a second season
-I didn’t know it would be 4 years later
-I didn’t think that I would have to do everything (the designs) once more
-I enjoyed doing the S2 character designs.
-Displaying 4 years in drawing is very serious. Because it is delicate.
-The big kids [KIDS?! Hahaha] are not much different (Neil and Allelujah).
-“I wonder if Setsuna changes from a boy of 16 to a 20 year old…”
-I did not consider it, but the S1 Setsuna may be too young right? (Chiba)
-I spoke with Chiba and decided on it.
-There is also a portion of the costumes that is done by Kouga.
-For the clothing design, I looked at my favorite fashion magazine.
-[I don’t get this line…, maybe “There was a business meeting in the Sunrise studio where I bought, and received fashion magazines”?]
-We also consulted clothing and accessories catalogs and traditional costume reference books.
-I am poor at costume design.
-It is different from drawing characters.
Here's a jab at perhaps a third of it. I am not good at listened-to Japanese especially casual talk, so I didn't listen to the radio recording, hence I'm not sure if I got the speakers of the lines correctly. I think I got the essence of the talk though. The rest of it is also pretty interesting, but I'm feeling rather lazy :P
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 21:27   Link #10858
yusawateva

something i heard thats interesting
type 1, 2 and 3 civilizations
type 1 being that they can control the entire planet, they control earthquakes and weathers
type 2 being they use power source from their mother start (for us is the sun)
type 3 being type 3 which is when they exhausted their star's energy and went galactic

is it even possible int he 00 world to achieve type 1? if aeolina's plan of uniting the world succeeded?
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 22:31   Link #10859
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Type 1? No, I don't think that's possible for the 00 universe. I don't really believe in "Weather Controlling" things as is.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 05:28   Link #10860
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

China made themselves snow heavily the other day you know,as in a few months.Its not Quantum tech to control whether these days,we can influence it quite a bit actually.

Of course,the type 1 civilization referred here would have like.........much more better control than us.

Tags
spoilers