AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 42.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-23, 16:35   Link #21
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Maybe I'm still not familiar with the tech but why doesn't Yuuya just fly away once he recovered the module?

I mean it's capable of VTOL and I don't see why he couldn't.

Also, with the BETA capturing the core module does it mean the EM radiation cannon is now useless since they'll develop a counter measure? Is that why they were after it?
Old 2012-09-23, 16:47   Link #22
erakk
Damned Basterd

Well it seems that a Jump Thrust (wich, if i understod, is a maneuver that starts with the TSF standing still) is different from what they did (Stella, as in running to gather speed). Jump Thrusting would not be asdvisable on that situation since the second person was injured and without a suit.

And about why Yuuya didnt "rocketed out" with Stella...
It was stated that his engines And thrusting were badly damaged, thats also the reason why he put Yui on Stella's TSF.

Stella was smart, as expected. Yuuya as also smart, he used logic and placed Yui on the safest spot, and we all know his realistic chances of survival are less than Stella's in that situation.

Last edited by erakk; 2012-09-23 at 17:34.
Old 2012-09-23, 16:48   Link #23
Kmos

It was a very good epi, but few things bothered me. He didn't destroy the core, makes Yui repeat herself when they just mentioned use of exterior mic, fort class went down fast (more screen time!), and where are the freakin' laser class? It's like they're incredibly shy. If Yuuya dies it would be closer to excellent, but yea, have feeling Zhar battalion will swoop in and... Also agree on posts of how slow this rescue is, someone should drop out, weakeast link, goodbye.
Old 2012-09-23, 16:49   Link #24
Aravilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Maybe I'm still not familiar with the tech but why doesn't Yuuya just fly away once he recovered the module?

I mean it's capable of VTOL and I don't see why he couldn't.

Also, with the BETA capturing the core module does it mean the EM radiation cannon is now useless since they'll develop a counter measure? Is that why they were after it?
If he was intelligent enough to flatten the hanger with High explosive fire when he lost control of the situation that wouldn't be a problem, he could have done so while hovering at 100 meters. Instead he took his time and caused an easy mission to devolve into a deadly engagement. He got in through a hole in the ceiling, he could go the same way out!
Old 2012-09-23, 16:53   Link #25
Aravilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
Well it seems that a Jump Thrust (wich, if i understod, is a maneuver that starts with the TSF standing still) is different from what they did (Stella, as in running to gather speed). Jump Thrusting would not be asdvisable on that situation since the second person was injured and without a suit.
You are allowed to injure people if it means saving their life. Unless you live in California. In which case you are merely liable. Then you say that she was like that when you got her.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:03   Link #26
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I don't think you get it. That logic is only possible if the person wasn't injured to begin with. Adding more strain to a wounded victim is not the smartest move in this case or ever. It doesn't serve a purpose if the person that needs saving gets hospitalized or accidentally killed due to a pilot or solider's irrational thoughts of let's do it anyways.

Yui was unconscious and Yuuya using a Jump Thrust or anything rough would possibly snap her neck in the process due to the whiplash effect when riding in a TSF without a combat suit on. Think Spiderman and Gwen Stacy. It was a lose/lose situation.

Yuuya did the right thing and thought about the situation as did Stella.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-09-23 at 17:25.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:06   Link #27
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravilar View Post
You are allowed to injure people if it means saving their life. Unless you live in California. In which case you are merely liable. Then you say that she was like that when you got her.
Nope, the main problem is Yui is not even wearing those damn exo tight suit and she is injured. Piloting the TSF without those exosuit is suicidal. She will die in a matter of seconds thanks to the force inside the cockpit(I'm not familiar on what terms what used on it)

Those tight exosuit doesn't just provide good fan service but also survival. It has life support on it and also communication system and lots of neat stuff and most of all it supports the pilot so it can take on the g-force? that's been happening inside the cockpit.

Yui for not even wearing one and still injured will be extremely dangerous for her if Stella just goes on rocket boost out of the way from the BETA. She needs to pilot as calm or at least fast and not shake Yui too much.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:21   Link #28
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Response regarding the Takemikazuchi with slight spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
the 00r might have already sustained damage and i know the from exp the loger u use something damaged the harder it is to continue to use it and the worse it gets and i beleave the pilot hesatated

most of yuuyas tsf was red and yellow one of the thrusters was red and the other yellow but most of it was givving of warnings everywhere so he couldnt build up speed for a long jump

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-09-23 at 18:03.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:28   Link #29
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
And about why Yuuya didnt "rocketed out" with Stella...
I hope you really watched the episode, it clearly states that his engines And thrusting were badly damaged, thats also the reason why he put Yui on Stella's TSF.
That was completely uncalled for.

I am talking about when he was in the hanger. Surely he could've started the engines and boost the TSF above the ground and then lift at a slow pace. Afterall it's the acceleration he needs to worry about. The way I see it he made an easy mission into an unnecessary shi*storm. I mean they have BETA incoming and after he picks up the module he has time to do a heart to heart chat with her? I'm surprised Stella wasn't screaming at him to hurry up and get out of there.

When he got hit by the FORT class THEN yeah that was when the engines were damaged.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:34   Link #30
Aravilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope, the main problem is Yui is not even wearing those damn exo tight suit and she is injured. Piloting the TSF without those exosuit is suicidal. She will die in a matter of seconds thanks to the force inside the cockpit(I'm not familiar on what terms what used on it)

Those tight exosuit doesn't just provide good fan service but also survival. It has life support on it and also communication system and lots of neat stuff and most of all it supports the pilot so it can take on the g-force? that's been happening inside the cockpit.

Yui for not even wearing one and still injured will be extremely dangerous for her if Stella just goes on rocket boost out of the way from the BETA. She needs to pilot as calm or at least fast and not shake Yui too much.
That's for High G-Force maneuvers, keep it under 4 Gs, keep her body secured not off to the side.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:40   Link #31
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
That was completely uncalled for.

I am talking about when he was in the hanger. Surely he could've started the engines and boost the TSF above the ground and then lift at a slow pace. Afterall it's the acceleration he needs to worry about. The way I see it he made an easy mission into an unnecessary shi*storm. I mean they have BETA incoming and after he picks up the module he has time to do a heart to heart chat with her? I'm surprised Stella wasn't screaming at him to hurry up and get out of there.

When he got hit by the FORT class THEN yeah that was when the engines were damaged.
That was uncalled for, i'm sorry. I think it was the heat of the moment...
I edited my comment.

Well, if we build a "timeframe" on the stuff that happened since Yui entering his TSF and him being hit by the Fort class, i think it would explain alot...

I think get where you're getting at. But, as stated, she was wounded, so Jump Thrusting was out of the question (it seems). So if we take that in consideration, he would go for a large area where he would gather speed, that could (or not) result in him finding/being ambushed by Fort-san and who knows what might have happened (maybe nothing).
Old 2012-09-23, 17:45   Link #32
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

No I'm not talking about jump thrusting.

I'm saying why can he not just do a slow vertical take off like a helicopter? Helicopters do it all the time when evacuating injured people. We just throw them into the cargo hold and the copter takes off.

The G-forces that pilots have to be worried about are sudden shifts in acceleration (like being bashed around too). Flying upwards which I'm pretty sure TSF are capable of (and if he does it at a steady pace) should've been enough for her.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:53   Link #33
erakk
Damned Basterd

I think we should consider the Fuel usage.
Taking off with just the thrusters would require alot of fuel, and gathering speed on long road is efficient and uses the aerodynamics to keep TFS in flght, while slowlly ascending relies on Thrusters only.

I remember they stated on ep 12, when they went to rescue yui, about ammo and fuel numbers (they weren't good).
Old 2012-09-23, 17:53   Link #34
tsunade666

Quote:
No I'm not talking about jump thrusting.

I'm saying why can he not just do a slow vertical take off like a helicopter? Helicopters do it all the time when evacuating injured people. We just throw them into the cargo hold and the copter takes off.

The G-forces that pilots have to be worried about are sudden shifts in acceleration (like being bashed around too). Flying upwards which I'm pretty sure TSF are capable of (and if he does it at a steady pace) should've been enough for her.
This also left me thinking too because there is no Laser class which will shoot him down.... I never notice this in the heat of moment while watching it. But this one is a possibility if he show lift up like what he did when he enter. Or is it also bad to do that move while Yui is injured? But it looks like its not really a bad move.... I wonder now. If what Yuuya did is the right thing.\

I re-watched the scene again and the only damage he got back then is his severed arm of TSF. Then he retreated by hovering in the ground. Maybe because he is waiting or searching for Stella by that time?
Old 2012-09-23, 18:05   Link #35
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I think erakk just answered your question.
It was stated already that they generally didn't have enought ammo and fuel and in my opinion it would require alot more fuel end energy to take off like a helicopter instead of gathering speed. Sounds just logical to me.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:07   Link #36
Aravilar

Yuuya did the wrong thing repeatedly. He made a bad situation worse and only through skill managed to live to make another decision.

Stella must have been extremely ticked because they decided to take their time rather than escape immediately. I have no idea why they simply didn't bombard the High value asset from the air, while hovering.

Not only that why didn't he simply pickup the weapon and bash it on the ground or pick it up and fly with it a few kilometers and figure out a different plan? Instead they spent way too much time idle. The entire area was unsafe.

I've done SAR Ops and it ticked me off so much that he was intent on making himself a casualty rather than leave immediately. Every first aid course I've had the primary rule is NOT To Become Another Casualty!
Old 2012-09-23, 18:13   Link #37
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

No Stella simply stated that she didn't want to waste fuel and ammo which brings to my first point in that Yuuya wasted a lot of time having the heart to heart chat with Yui. In a scenario like that you need to GET OUT OF THERE ASAP. The second he destroyed the gun, he should've grabbed the module and ran the hell out of there rather than acting cool in front of Yui which gave the BETA time to close in on him.

Plus it didn't sound like they were critical on fuel. She simply stated "yo, let's use this taxiway so we can save some fuel." It wasn't, "We're low on fuel, if we use the taxiway we'll be able to get out"

Quote:
I've done SAR Ops and it ticked me off so much that he was intent on making himself a casualty rather than leave immediately. Every first aid course I've had the primary rule is NOT To Become Another Casualty!
You mean each and every Special Forces that exists in the world's primary rule is to NEVER waste time.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:18   Link #38
zRichard

Best episode of the series.

To clear up some doubts. The Takemikazuchi shown in the flashback looked weird. Their legs and shoulders looked like the 2nd Gen TSF they piloted in the first two episodes.

This is how a 3rd gen Takemi looks like.

Images
Old 2012-09-23, 18:21   Link #39
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
Best episode of the series.

To clear up some doubts. The Takemikazuchi shown in the flashback looked weird. Their legs and shoulders looked like the 2nd Gen TSF they piloted in the first two episodes.

This is how a 3rd gen Takemi looks like.

Images

Images

They looked fine too me. You probably mixed up the Zuikaku and the Type-00s.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:27   Link #40
Aravilar

Quote:

You mean each and every Special Forces that exists in the world's primary rule is to NEVER waste time.
SF & SAR (Search And Rescue) are different animals, I only did SAR. I Agree however that time is a very valuable commodity. In fact every second the episode I was thinking. Go Go Go. Instead I get first aid where they remove an object (which the Doctor is supposed to do! It could have punctured an artery!) when he should have applied a tourniqet and dragged her into the cockpit. Then they have a heart to heart chat. Then he gets thrashed around for his stupidity.

He even knew that there were communication problems, Stella could have been nommed and he was scheduling T&A time instead of accomplishing the mission.

Last edited by Aravilar; 2012-09-23 at 18:33. Reason: Definition
Closed Thread