AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 16.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-29, 22:55   Link #21
myopius

The final action scene was a bit over done with the Miyazaki-like animation. Pretty high-quality kiss at the end there. The Void power didn't impress me too much, though. A while light, and some things on fire... okay. Instead of "This is the power of the void!" that guy should've been saying, "Man, that's way too bright." Fun to see Saito shoot up some dragons however.

I think a great ending would've been if Saito had taken Louise back with him by accident, and turned the tables. Doubtful that would ever happen when it's based on a novel series that probably has much more content than 13 episodes' worth can condense well, however.

All in all, fun series, I'm glad I watched it. The character of Saito was surprisingly refreshing, and I grew to like Louise OK too, along with pretty much everyone. I thought some other characters were going to get more time, like that old guy, but the series worked out well with the small cast it had. Isn't that Nagato-like girl going to return that ring sometime, by the way?

Oh yeah and as people are saying it was goofy how Henrietta suddenly went Everquest on us. (A pleasant kind of goofy, of course.)
Old 2006-09-30, 02:59   Link #22
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
7 for this episode. Pacing really killed it, and the everpresent glitter-wipe was way too dominant for the first ten minutes or so. It seemed to be happening every thirty seconds at one point, it was even faster for some cuts. It's been an irritant for much of the show... and now we hit the phase where it's feeling a bit overactive.

Ah well. The fight scene was fun (though I must admit to being a bit amused by the Tristein court's melodramatic reaction to the, ah, invasion "fleet".), the use of the Zero was cool (despite the horribly, horribly clichéd moment when it ran out of ammunition), and the final kiss scene was actually very cute. As was the ending credit sequence, with all the characters again in their natural setting... perhaps to Louise's chagrin ^^

Overall, I'd probably rate Zero no Tsukaima a 7 or so out of 10. It had nice potential, and some good moments, but because of the length, and the rather slow setup process, we ended up with not-that-rounded characters and a very rushed ending.

That said, it was still a fun experience, and it's made the novels an interesting hook for me. If it's licensed, I think I'll pick it up, as I've enjoyed it enough to do so. Otherwise? Maybe an eventual rewatch.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-09-30, 05:11   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
(despite the horribly, horribly clichéd moment when it ran out of ammunition),
hahaha! i thought exactally the same thing...that trick is soo old in the books its an artifact

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-30, 11:23   Link #24
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

That was a nice episode,but a poor conclusion.I really hope for a second season.

I loved the fighting scene,especially the Guiche-Tabitha-Kirche combo.

I was very disappointed how Albion's army depended on the heroes for everything though,I hate when things like that happen.When Henrietta geared up to lead her soldiers into battle I was expecting some sort of Lord of the Ring-esque battle of swords and magic,but no they get creamed in no time and can only gape at Saito.

Also Guiche has become one of my favorite characters now.There's never a dull moment with this magic playboy around!
Old 2006-09-30, 12:02   Link #25
saphyre

I didn't even know that this episode was the last of the series/season...
Even though it did have the word 'END' in capital letters at the end of the anime title, I thought to myself 'This can't be the end, everything is just starting to get interesting'.
Overall though, I liked the episode and the rest of the series... But I'd have to agree with the people who thought that this episode was abit rushed. A 14 episode series would've been very close to perfect.
Old 2006-09-30, 13:56   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

At first.. i had a feeling the ending was going to be rushed.. but the last episode pretty much came out just how i wanted it to - even with the intact feelings of a second season could happen. :3
Old 2006-09-30, 19:42   Link #27
Phych

This was left very open-ended...almost too much. I think a 2nd season is most likely in the works.
Old 2006-09-30, 23:13   Link #28
McMilk
*Artist

I voted for below average.
Everything was rushed (which means the series too), and it wasn't a satisfying ending at all.
Old 2006-09-30, 23:15   Link #29
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ending was rushed but it seems many anime ending are like that (anyone remember the ed to black cat) anyways this was alittle better. Anyone else disappointed by the void, I was like o__o ok that was below average. I was glad Saito didnt go back tho since that would have been bad so hopefully he'll hook up with Seista later XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-10-01, 05:28   Link #30
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
The end.. I almost cryed when this awsome series ended
Old 2006-10-01, 05:52   Link #31
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Watched the last ep and I`m disappointed.
First, it was too quick, too much rushed.
Second, Void Magic sucks. I expected it to be more spectacular... It was like a giant ball of brightness. If they made the screen shake, it would look much better.
IMO Void Magic should look like beam cannons from FS2:

Spoiler:

Imagine this. Chant, then little glowing ball appears on the end of the wand, it grows, grows, grows and then suddenly a beam ray fires from it and pierces the ship, making it fall to the ground (plus annihilating Lolipedo Hax). Then the beam shrinks and when it disappeared, ball shrinks too making a fading sound...

Third: Saito is Yuuji-- I mean stupid :\

The only good thing was Louise`s tsundereness. And her expression when Saito drew Derflinger in plane (before she 'awakened').
Old 2006-10-01, 06:45   Link #32
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
not good. only thing that made it worth watching was Warrior Queen Henrietta, in her sexy armour.

Besides that utter disappointment.

I gues i was right to concentrate on the novel, nothing really can beat a good novel that doesn't have an episode limit.
Old 2006-10-01, 07:01   Link #33
KaMen
Atenias

Well, everything is back to normal. Although I found that the last episode was a little bit rushed, the void attack only lasted for 10 seconds or so. And what happened to the villians who got caught, what is their punishment?

I wanted to see Saito and Louise together.

If there comes a sequel, then I would watch it, although I don't think they will create one.
Old 2006-10-01, 07:31   Link #34
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Well, everything in this episode was uterly predictable.
But anyways, it was fun. Saito is an assasin!!!! And the void skill seemed like a crappy Kougou Kaimandara (digimon reference).
Whatever, it was fun.
Old 2006-10-02, 12:52   Link #35
Kisuke06
I see...

It's a shame that Zero no Tsukaima has ended, but this last episode was very good(Henrietta battle outfit... God ). Well, I do hope that ZnT gets a second season.
Old 2006-10-02, 17:39   Link #36
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
At first.. i had a feeling the ending was going to be rushed.. but the last episode pretty much came out just how i wanted it to - even with the intact feelings of a second season could happen. :3
Shiro its you, you limey bastard!

Yeah I enjoyed the last episode as well although a 24 episode running for this series would have been nice. And hurray for the return of Siesta!
Old 2006-10-02, 18:20   Link #37
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
Watched the last ep and I`m disappointed.
First, it was too quick, too much rushed.
Second, Void Magic sucks. I expected it to be more spectacular... It was like a giant ball of brightness. If they made the screen shake, it would look much better.
IMO Void Magic should look like beam cannons from FS2:

Spoiler:

Imagine this. Chant, then little glowing ball appears on the end of the wand, it grows, grows, grows and then suddenly a beam ray fires from it and pierces the ship, making it fall to the ground (plus annihilating Lolipedo Hax). Then the beam shrinks and when it disappeared, ball shrinks too making a fading sound...

Third: Saito is Yuuji-- I mean stupid :\

The only good thing was Louise`s tsundereness. And her expression when Saito drew Derflinger in plane (before she 'awakened').
I like FS2 too! I agree, it should literately slice the ship in half.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-10-02, 18:33   Link #38
Pastel
For the Future

Aw, man. I thought void magic would have some funky anti-matter AOE thing going on with things actually becoming void, not being set on fire.

I loved the outburst and then the kiss.
Old 2006-10-02, 20:11   Link #39
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

When Louise was charging up the Void magic, it seemed she was in "seed mode"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-10-02, 21:02   Link #40
deshi
Vetern L-R anime watcher

Send a message via AIM to deshi
ne since it was based on a novel does that mean no second book, no second season??
Closed Thread