AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-01-16, 19:40   Link #41
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
There are some rather suggestive images in the books, I suppose, that will turn people off. You have a, what, 10-year old boy with a bunch of teenaged girls as his students. Add in magic, a ninja, and such...

Nothing profane, however.
I cant really see how that can turn people off. Now if the 10 yr old boy was having a huge orgy with these teenage girls then that will differently turn people off. If it doesnt then you seriously need help.

I suggest you check it out sunny~side~up its really good, don't listen to those who say otherwise.
Old 2004-01-17, 02:20   Link #42
guynextdoor
arcueid !! ^^

if u like Love Hina, then i think u would like this.
btw, i think its pretty good, but a bit naughtier than Hina thats all
guynextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 02:11   Link #43
Yipo

From the Creator of Love Hina

Hey, Whats the name of that New Manga??
An does anybody know where i can Get it on the internet?
Yipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 02:47   Link #44
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipo
Hey, Whats the name of that New Manga??
An does anybody know where i can Get it on the internet?
The english title is Negima. Del Ray Manga will release the first volume on the 27th.
flammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 20:44   Link #45
Aaron_b
The Missing Link

There's also A.I. Love You, as distributed by Tokyopop... It's selling pretty fast, it was in the top twenty graphic novels sold for the month of February with almost 2500 copies sold.
Aaron_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 21:52   Link #46
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

You have got to get Negima (Mahou Sensei Negima for the Japanese title).

It's really, really, good.

Can you imagine a series with 31 unique characters (all girls)?

And according to Ken's notes, he's already made plans for each and every one of them...

You should see the fav character voting contests, they're all over the place!
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 22:30   Link #47
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Can you imagine a series with 31 unique characters (all girls)?

You should see the fav character voting contests, they're all over the place!
With that many girls, it would be better to make an ero-game out of it (or regular bishoujo, if you don't like sex). That way you could try ending the story with each girl, instead of reading a story that ends with one happy girl you might not like, and 30 sad ones you do like.

Now that I've revealed my complete lack of knowledge of what this series is actually about, does anyone know if this is a standard "one man, much women " series à la Love Hina (kinda)? That "all girls" comment up there suggests otherwise.
Old 2004-04-22, 23:40   Link #48
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
With that many girls, it would be better to make an ero-game out of it (or regular bishoujo, if you don't like sex). That way you could try ending the story with each girl, instead of reading a story that ends with one happy girl you might not like, and 30 sad ones you do like.

Now that I've revealed my complete lack of knowledge of what this series is actually about, does anyone know if this is a standard "one man, much women " series à la Love Hina (kinda)? That "all girls" comment up there suggests otherwise.
The story is about a British 10-year old Apprentice Mage called Negi, who's assignment is to be an english at Mahoroua(sp?), an all-girls Junior High in Japan.

It's more One kid, 20+ girls who thinks he's adorable (in a 'cute kid' kind of way), and the rest are indifferent. So far, pretty much only one girl in the bunch truely likes him.

I really suggest at least picking up the first chapter/volume to take a peek at all the characters. Every girl is unique. There's practically almost every single anime character 'type/profession' in this series

At the end of each volume, they release a list/descriptions of spells that was used throughout the volume. The magic system is pretty interesting.

I can honestly tell you that I'm enjoying this series more than Love Hina.
Old 2004-04-23, 00:01   Link #49
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
You actually said......that...............*runs off to buy/download/steal*
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 04:27   Link #50
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
That's great to hear, though I felt Love Hina only got really good in the last three or four volumes. But that's me. Not sure if everyone's in agreement there; in fact, I doubt it.

But yeah, I plan to check out Negima, since the story of it sounded more interesting to me overall. Thanks for the recommendation.
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 04:39   Link #51
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I'm going to say this now. And I won't go into detail since I've done it in every thread ever made regarding any of Akamatsu's mangas (I thought that was why no one ever talked about them around here anymore... the new generation must be taught the ways, I see) so if you wanna see it, you can search for it.

Love Hina was crap. Negima's pedofile bait crap.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 04:51   Link #52
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ah the snoopy post

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 2004-04-23, 04:53   Link #53
refused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I'm going to say this now. And I won't go into detail since I've done it in every thread ever made regarding any of Akamatsu's mangas (I thought that was why no one ever talked about them around here anymore... the new generation must be taught the ways, I see) so if you wanna see it, you can search for it.

Love Hina was crap. Negima's pedofile bait crap.
Maybe off topic, but I'm guessing you're american?
refused! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 05:02   Link #54
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Yes... I am American. Texan, if you want specifics (don't group me with Bush, though, I don't care if the gay couple across the street wants to get married). But I doubt my nationality has anything to do with believing that a manga where a bunch of 14 and 15 year old girls fall in love with a 12 year old magician/teacher isn't perverse (I'm ignoring the fact that every one of them ends up forcing the little kid to grope them or that they're shown taking baths in virtually every chapter I've ever seen). Honestly, I'm over critical of Akamatsu, and I admit it. Ever since he joined the ranks of people drawing Card Captor Sakura gangbang doujins I've wished death upon him and failure to anything he's ever done. I also hope to god he's sterile.
Old 2004-04-23, 06:28   Link #55
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
Hum, Snoopy, I'd rather see this guy draw "pedofile bait crap" and his reader read it than any of them trying to live their fantasy (A story never harmed anyone).

Beside, I don't know what kind of public he's targeting with his manga, but honestly, didn't you ever have a crush on a 20smthg girl when you were like 10 or 12? Me and my friends sure did, and so I'm sure this kind of manga would have appealed to us.....

Well, I haven't actually read this so I can't really tell but well, here is my opinion.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 08:34   Link #56
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

It's probably hard for you to believe since you obviously don't know, but I'll tell you anyway. The main target audience of this manga is not the middle school crowd that buys the $3 comics. It's the 20-somethings that can buy the $300 2-foot tall action figures with removeable uniforms and realistic nipples.

And no, drawing a 10 year old getting raped isn't as bad as actually doing it. But just because it's not against the law doesn't make me think any less strongly about it. Nor does it help to improve my opinion of people who read it, granted I don't think of them as low as I do the author until they wank to it or something.

Oh yeah, no, I didn't have a crush on a 20-something when I was 10. Hell, that's about the age when I first stopped thinking girls were icky. But I did enjoy looking at some models in my youth, yes. Not that having a crush on a 20 year old woman has any relevence to this discussion what-so-ever... there are no women in this manga aged over 16. At least not in the chapters that I've read (please note that I've seen like the first 4, and then like 12-18 or something along those lines and then a smidgen of the latest ones).
Old 2004-04-23, 08:57   Link #57
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

This reminds me of all those huge Megatokyo discussions a year of two ago.

They were so humorous

Can we please stop flaming snoopy over what he does and does not like?

And no, I'm not spending $300 buying 2-foot tall removable action figures with removable clothing. I'd personally would like to finally buy a PS2/Gamecube (so I can actually play all my PS2 games I bought and don't have to leech off my friend's PS2), but I keep using my 'Save for a PS2/GC fund' on anime/manga, and the occasionaly the Gundam model I see (ooo Wing Gundam Katoki Ver....pritty).

The only figures I'm going to get so far are those five figurines that come with the Galaxy Angel LE box. (now if only Amazon will hurry their ass and not delay them for another month).

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2004-04-23 at 09:09.
Old 2004-04-23, 08:57   Link #58
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

ken akamatsu's characters are always poor schlubs force fed some really out there situation that they end up dealing with perfectly
AI Love You's main character got stuck with his own computer programs
Keitaro got stuck with a dorm of girls
and Negi got stuck with a SCHOOL of girls

if you wanna blame someone for Negi's young age, blame J.K. Rowling (the creator of Harry Potter)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 09:10   Link #59
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

How is AI Love You btw?
Old 2004-04-23, 10:09   Link #60
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

it's basically Ah! My Goddess! meets Weird Science
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags