AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 17:50   Link #1
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Hey! Spring of Trivia

Has anyone seen this new Japanese game show yet? It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. It's airing on Spike TV every thursday in case you folks don't know.

seeing that the Most Xtreme Elimination Challenge (Takershi's Castle) is their most popular show, they seem to be looking for more and more of these Japanese game shows. I hope this new show is as successful as MXC if not even more successful. Now if I can just find out what the original Japanese name is.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 20:14   Link #2
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Hmm, maybe I should start watching TV again. I saw some of the Xtreme Challenge gameshow this summer and it was hilarious. Wasn't there talk of a group that was going to form to fansub Japanese gameshows? I wonder what ever happened to that, because I'd still really like to watch fansubbed Japanese TV.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 20:30   Link #3
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Humm .. the last Japanese game show I saw was about Miss.X who won a naked Mr.X and then have sex right on the spot in front of 200 person.

I'm aware Japanese game show aren't all made from the same recipe. ^^
Old 2004-12-21, 22:22   Link #4
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Spike has really been pimping Most Xtreme Elimination Challenge ALOT! I'm hoping that HSoT gets the same treatment soon, its so funny but only on once a week
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 21:35   Link #5
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I read on a spike TV affiliated website that Hey! Spring of Trivia is the #1 show in Japan. It gets like 40% viewers in average or something! That is quite huge if it's true at all. 40% would amount to a super Bowl type of rating in the States.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 00:10   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Now if I can just find out what the original Japanese name is.
"Toribia (Trivia) no Izumi ~Subarashiki Muda Chishiki~" (Spring of Trivia ~Great Useless Knowledge~)

HP: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/trivia/index.html

Airs every Wednesdays at 21:00~22:00 on FujiTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I read on a spike TV affiliated website that Hey! Spring of Trivia is the #1 show in Japan. It gets like 40% viewers in average or something! That is quite huge if it's true at all. 40% would amount to a super Bowl type of rating in the States.
Uh...no. Just like most of your Hollywood movies are advertised as "Number One Movie in America" they are very skewed from the truth ("Number One Movie in America" yes, but for how many hours/days?).

"Trivia no Izumi" is indeed a popular show here. I watch as a form of regular entertainment. "Trivia no Izumi" does get great ratings. Its initial airing got a whopping 27% viewer rating - which is considerably higher than many shows (you may want to check out anime viewer ratings I have somewhere in this forum just for comparison). It's current average viewer rating is stabilized around 18~21%, which is also a figure in which sponsors and TV studios would tend to agree as a "successful show" (or from the sponsors' view: great slot to advertise to make us money!!!)

But I hardly would say that it is the "number one show in Japan."

Variety shows such as "SMAPxSMAP" and the J-drama called "Last Christmas," the national news NHK at 7PM all get higher ratings.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 08:31   Link #7
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I have to watch this show...
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote