AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-25, 16:10   Link #221
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Yeah I'm going to play. There's no way I'm recording it though - the piano hasn't been tuned in years. >_<
Old 2007-06-25, 18:01   Link #222
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Meaning of the OP

Okay I just finished a huge project and I'm going to use devote sometime today to something which has "interested" me for a long time... the real meaning of the OP.

The following is the first section of the OP, "Motteke! Seira-fuuku" in its official form. I will include my own romanization and a rough translation:

Line 1:
曖昧3センチ そりゃぷにってコトかい? ちょっ!
Aimai san-senchi sorya puni-tte koto kai? Chyo!

"The ambigous 3 centimeters; Are you asking me if this is sqeeze-worthy? Hey (you)!"

Line 2:
らっぴんぐが制服…だぁぁ不利ってこたない ぷ。
Rappingu ga seifuku... daa furi-tte kotanai Pu.

"Since the wrappings are the uniform, then the situation should not be too unfavorable. Pu (sound of laughing with mouth shyly covered with hand)."

Line 3:
がんばっちゃ ♥ やっちゃっちゃ
Ganbaccha ♥ Yacchaccha

"Go for for it and do it ♥ "

Line 4:
そんときゃーっち&Release ぎョッ
Sonto kyaacch & Release Gyo

"Like this Catch and Release, Gyo (sound of sqeezing tightly)"

Line 5:
汗(Fuu)々(Fuu)の谷間に Darlin' darlin' F R E E Z E!!
Ase(Fuu) Ase(Fuu) no taniai ni Dalin' dalin' F R E E Z E!!

"(due to the) sweating valley, (my) darling is frozen (from action)!"

My translation of the section:

(My) breasts, are you asking if they are sqeeze-wothy? HEY!
Since they're wrapped in (my) uniform, it shouldn't be too hard, Hee!
Come on and go for it!
Just do this catch and release, and sqeeze tight!
But the sight of my sweating cleavage has freeze my darling (from sqeezing my breats)!

Now when I first read it I really didn't want to believe that it's really about THAT. I thought "aimai 3cm" is reference to the length of skirt some school allow above the knees. But from the rest of the lyrics I've realized that the "aimai 3cm" is a reference to breast cup sizes. Cup sizes are a western import that's the measurement of the distance between the rib cage and the top of the breast in inches. Each inch is a cup size. Since each inches is about 2.54 cm, it's the ambiguous 3 centimeters. The play on aimai (ambiguous) also denote how cup sized fluctuate; some can gain a cup size by special bras (like Kagami's underwire), and some can subtract one by tight clothing.

So it seemed that this song, at least the first paragraph, is an ecchi description of a girl's flirting invitation to her boyfriend to sqeeze her breast, but the poor guy was rendered incapable of the actual squeezing due to the sight of her sweating cleavage. Poor guy, must be a virgin (otaku!?).

I know some of you might disagree with me on it, but based on my research this is what it meant. So if that's true, who's the song for? Not Kona or Tsukasa as they have no said sweating valleys to display, and I can't imagine Miyuki flirt like this. That leaves only Kagami, and we know she cares about her cleavage. I can't see a tsundere sing this song either; maybe to her dearest boyfriend... but ai, I don't know. Out of character. But maybe that's the joke. The song is totally over the top for THESE girls, yet we see them dancing and singing to it... and we all love it. So who cares. Sweating Cleavage FTW!

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-06-25 at 20:05. Reason: correcting typo
Old 2007-06-25, 18:38   Link #223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I know some of you might disagree with me on it, but based on my research this is what it meant. So if that's true, who's the song for? Not Kona or Tsukasa as they have no said sweating valleys to display, and I can't imagine Miyuki flirt like this. That leaves only Kagami, and we know she cares about her cleavage. I can't see a tsudere sing this song either; maybe to her dearest boyfriend... but ai, I don't know. Out of character. But maybe that's the joke. The song is totally over the top for THESE girls, yet we see them dancing and singing to it... and we all love it. So who cares. Sweating Cleavage FTW!
Haha... well, yeah, I think the answer here is that it's for... the audience. A lot of the commentary about this song as it grew in popularity was precisely about how it's really quite saucy and racy, but couched in such a "catchy" tune. So yeah, I think it's poking a bit of fun at the show's otaku audience (precisely the type who'd "freeze") who, in turn, are eating it up.

It actually sort of reminds me of people who find themselves mumbling/half-singing lyrics without ever having thought about what it means. Then, when you actually read the words to them as text, they get flustered.
Old 2007-06-25, 19:14   Link #224
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
[B]そんときゃーっち&Release ぎョッ
Gyu (sound of sqeezing tightly)"
While I'm not disputing your interpretation, ぎョ would be "gyo", which is a "shock" sound effect.
Old 2007-06-25, 19:34   Link #225
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
While I'm not disputing your interpretation, ぎョ would be "gyo", which is a "shock" sound effect.
It's my bad... it should be Gyo... but according to my extensive research with native speakers, gyo can be a sound of sqeezing.
Old 2007-06-25, 19:36   Link #226
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
It's my bad... it should be Gyo... but according to my extensive research with native speakers, gyo can be a sound of sqeezing.
...That sounded a bit wrong (how many native speakers have you squeezed to get the gyo sound?).
Old 2007-06-25, 19:43   Link #227
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
...That sounded a bit wrong (how many native speakers have you squeezed to get the gyo sound?).
None since they're guys..
Old 2007-06-25, 19:56   Link #228
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Ah, I'm glad to be corrected and learn something new, then!
An edit, to clarify: I didn't assume it was lack of knowledge on your part, I'd just assumed it was an oversight. The kind of thing I do all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Thank you so much for nearly killing me by making me choke on my chips during uncontrollable laughter!

*continues to snort and laugh*

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2007-06-25 at 20:37.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:08   Link #229
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Interesting .... Very interesting.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:17   Link #230
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomps View Post
1. Funfunfun dayo
2. Ranranran dayo
3. Unchiku dayo
4. Konata no theme, futsu version
5. Kouken battle, akatsuki ganbatta
6. Anime dai 1 kai housoubun no ato ni...
7. Producer kara no shirei sono 1
8. Iiwake no tensai
9. Anime dai 2 kai housoubun no ato ni...
10. Producer kara no shirei sono 2
11. Moshimo DE Lucky Channel
Where's the edited version of Noizy Tribe?
Old 2007-06-26, 18:23   Link #231
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaGDB View Post
Where's the edited version of Noizy Tribe?
It'll probably be on one of the 11 other CDs. Possibly on the CD accompanying the DVD with the episode where that song first played (episode 6/DVD 3?)
Old 2007-06-27, 02:01   Link #232
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Hmm...very nice, AVPlaya. Can you look into the short segment right after the chorus? There might be something there too.
Old 2007-06-27, 15:41   Link #233
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Hmm...very nice, AVPlaya. Can you look into the short segment right after the chorus? There might be something there too.
I guess I'll do the rest of the lyrics... it's one of those songs where you can show the entire song to a native speaker and they'll be scratching their heads. I'll have to pull from a LOT of sources to do it justice, so it will take some time. Boss just gave me a big project due end of month, so I'll see what I can do...
Old 2007-06-30, 20:01   Link #234
tsukasa950

hmm im realy trying to find this funny bgm it sounds alot like the Konata no Theme, Futsuu Version. but it has like a little voice at the end of the tune bit its in epsode 8 about 16m 50s into the epsode. but im looking for the longer version xD i head it in another epsode but ;-; cant rember which one
Old 2007-06-30, 20:59   Link #235
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukasa950 View Post
hmm im realy trying to find this funny bgm it sounds alot like the Konata no Theme, Futsuu Version. but it has like a little voice at the end of the tune bit its in epsode 8 about 16m 50s into the epsode. but im looking for the longer version xD i head it in another epsode but ;-; cant rember which one
It's not out yet. The soundtracks come with the DVDs, and only one of them has been released.
Old 2007-07-01, 06:11   Link #236
tsukasa950

ah ok ^^ ty for the info ;-; looks like i have to wait lol or keep on playing the little clip over and over xD
Old 2007-07-02, 23:14   Link #237
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

To round out the story on Motteke! Seeraafuku, the rankings for June are out and it ended up in fourth place for the month, with sales of 113,115 units in the month. Total sales are now over 119,000.

Not too shabby at all, since that already makes it the best-selling seiyuu single of the 21st century, according to a post in 2channel, outselling songs by Hayashibara Megumi, Fiction Junction Yuuka, and Mizuki Nana, as well as all the Suzumiya Haruhi singles.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-03, 00:33   Link #238
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Well that song itself is a reason for me to buy ... Cute and nice song.
Old 2007-07-03, 01:46   Link #239
lunamariahwk

Send a message via Yahoo to lunamariahwk
I agree!!! That song is catchy n i can't seem to get it out of my head...hahaha
Old 2007-07-03, 23:48   Link #240
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Nice and catchy song are hard to resist ..
Closed Thread