AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 00:29   Link #201
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I'm LOST.. can anyone tell me what Akaya was complaining about in the Japanese team waiting room regarding Ryoma?? and why was ryoma so calm?!

and also what did Mr. Baker say to Fuji?
Old 2004-10-07, 16:54   Link #202
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I saw episode 140 somthing i believe it had

Spoiler:

My favorites are Eiji and Ryoma ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:18   Link #203
nubby

Instead of doing a straight Echizen vs Kevin match, which everyone is anticipating, they brought Kirihara into the mix. I think it's just stupid. Kirihara thinks he should be the singles one player for Japan so he confronts Echizen. If Echizen doesn't play, I will stop watching this anime =p

Also, they should do something different like make the girl from america Echizen's love interest or something Sorry Sakuno
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 18:54   Link #204
OMchan
オムちゃん

Spoiler for Episode 154-155 Special:

Spoiler for Genuis 242:

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 01:23   Link #205
Raiii
*yawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
I'm LOST.. can anyone tell me what Akaya was complaining about in the Japanese team waiting room regarding Ryoma?? and why was ryoma so calm?!

and also what did Mr. Baker say to Fuji?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Spoiler for Episode 154-155 Special:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Spoiler for Genuis 242:
Spoiler for for latest manga chapters:

Last edited by Raiii; 2004-10-10 at 01:51.
Raiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 15:28   Link #206
kylehendges

Question about prince of tennis!

In prince of tennis they call all of the schools Jr. highs. My question is are they really in Jr. high like U.S Jr. highs (grades 6-8) or are they in a school like U.S high schools (grades 9-12)?? If they are in Jr. highs like U.S junior highs this show is a little far fetched imo.
kylehendges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 15:33   Link #207
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

PoT is in Junior high (7-9). Yes, they seem a little "mature". We had this discussion about a year ago and we pretty much agreed that they seem a little old espeically Tezuka. He seems more college material.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 15:35   Link #208
kylehendges

Crazy

Thats crazy these kids seem way too good to be in those grades.
kylehendges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 15:59   Link #209
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

It's called "supsension of disbelief"??? ^_^
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 19:54   Link #210
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

i thought this whole US vs japan tournament was a joke... zero character development and even the matches weren't that great. I was willing to still accept it as Okay material until they threw in Echizen vs kevin's match.. which was totally heart breaking. The match was my worse fear in POT of having them compete simply by rapidly busting out special moves and become all powerful because of it. Then it gave me another heart attack when Kevin started doing Zero Shiki drop shot and Cyclone smash... blah! wtf...
Old 2004-11-14, 20:59   Link #211
KismetJade
0_o

Quote:
i thought this whole US vs japan tournament was a joke... zero character development and even the matches weren't that great. I was willing to still accept it as Okay material until they threw in Echizen vs kevin's match.. which was totally heart breaking. The match was my worse fear in POT of having them compete simply by rapidly busting out special moves and become all powerful because of it. Then it gave me another heart attack when Kevin started doing Zero Shiki drop shot and Cyclone smash... blah! wtf...
Did Echizen win?? haven't watched any of the raws lately, i really hope so, as i really hate kevin.
KismetJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 23:21   Link #212
ph900921
Pakun the Jounin Dog

prince of tennis?

im not sure where to put this but i noticed that in the prince of tennis torrents 138-146 or something are all missing. did anime-otakus stop? becuz it starts again at around 146 ofrom a different fansub. pls tell me where to get the rest
ph900921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 01:52   Link #213
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph900921
im not sure where to put this but i noticed that in the prince of tennis torrents 138-146 or something are all missing. did anime-otakus stop? becuz it starts again at around 146 ofrom a different fansub. pls tell me where to get the rest
I think this is what you are looking for.

AO latest release was the 140-141 special.

W-Dreamers has HK DVD rips up to 139-149. (may be even earlier)

A-REV has theirs from 149-152. (and random eps in between).

Since this board deals with FS vs. Rips, I would suggest you look at various IRC channels for the links.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 02:07   Link #214
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
PoT is in Junior high (7-9). Yes, they seem a little "mature". We had this discussion about a year ago and we pretty much agreed that they seem a little old espeically Tezuka. He seems more college material.
YES i was thinking the same they all look high school aged LOL

I think Kevin is amusing ^-^"
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 05:51   Link #215
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
i thought this whole US vs japan tournament was a joke... zero character development
Does this show have any character developement at all? I mean the characters are the same now as they were in episode 1/2.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 06:13   Link #216
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Ah, but who really watches this series for its character development anyway? It's all about the wonderfully cheesy tennis moves, and ogling. Let Tezuka continue to be angsty, Ryoma the little punk that he is, and Fuji the hot bishie senpai of my heart 4EVAH! (that's not to say I don't ogle the rest as well, gotta appreciate Takeshi Konomi-san's hard work right!)
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 16:35   Link #217
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by s'my
Ah, but who really watches this series for its character development anyway? It's all about the wonderfully cheesy tennis moves, and ogling. Let Tezuka continue to be angsty, Ryoma the little punk that he is, and Fuji the hot bishie senpai of my heart 4EVAH! (that's not to say I don't ogle the rest as well, gotta appreciate Takeshi Konomi-san's hard work right!)
I agree with you, that's why I don't understand a complaint about lack of character developement during a specific arc of the series. This show has none at all anyway.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 01:09   Link #218
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s'my
I agree about the ogling. Character development? Bohahahahahahahaha! Seriously, the only thing you can gain from this show is the ogling and maybe trying to wonder if any of those damn moves work (zilch except a few standard ones you can see in typical tennis circuit).

This show is probably paradise for fangirls who can't help but ogle at anime boys - plenty of boys here to ogle.

Although...Sakuno needs to get in an accident.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 03:52   Link #219
ph900921
Pakun the Jounin Dog

sorry i dont think im expressing myself right.
how do ppl know about kevin vs. ryoma? i thought it was only out until 152 which ends at around singles 3... even if it is not subbed can we get raw for 152+???
ph900921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 04:11   Link #220
Atom_Bunny
Usagi no Atom

I've just seen the torrent for 165 raw, so yes ^_^;;

I dont dl raws tho - I prefer to understand whats going on ^_^;;;

Atom XX (new years resolution - learn japanese (yeah right ¬_¬ :P))
Atom_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis