AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-23, 01:22   Link #281
aahhsin

13 eps huh?

It's probably going to have 2 seasons. Sorta like Rizelmine where the second season picks up directly where the first left off.

Ren is so cute.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 02:06   Link #282
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
[spoiler= ep 7]Natsuki voice sounds like Milfiele from Galaxy Angel. ^^
Natsuki's VA [Ryoko Shintani] is Millfeulle from GA

In fact, 3 of the Angel Tai seiyuu are on this show. The others being Yukari Tamura [Ranpha] and Miyuki Sawashiro [Mint].
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 03:17   Link #283
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Natsuki's VA [Ryoko Shintani] is Millfeulle from GA

In fact, 3 of the Angel Tai seiyuu are on this show. The others being Yukari Tamura [Ranpha] and Miyuki Sawashiro [Mint].
lol what? it's a conspiracy or something? I tought the Onegai cast crew were just coincidence. And now GA crew too? ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 03:25   Link #284
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Really? I thought I was looking at Midori no Hibi again
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 13:34   Link #285
devlin

When Ren had strainer on her head this ep "6" she was so cute
devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 17:36   Link #286
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlin
When Ren had strainer on her head this ep "6" she was so cute
That was really cute. Of course Ren is almost always cute. Except when she is being sexy. It is interesting to see the contrast between the usual cute Ren and the occasional sexy Ren. It is rare for a character in anime (particularly this sort of anime) to have that sort of demarcation in their character.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 20:06   Link #287
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
That was really cute. Of course Ren is almost always cute. Except when she is being sexy. It is interesting to see the contrast between the usual cute Ren and the occasional sexy Ren. It is rare for a character in anime (particularly this sort of anime) to have that sort of demarcation in their character.
It's true by opposition Miu is neither cute or sexy while Nya is just too cute!
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 20:36   Link #288
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
It's true by opposition Miu is neither cute or sexy while Nya is just too cute!
i blame the hair. miu's hair is just too thick while Ren the cutie looks nice and soft.
Old 2004-08-23, 20:52   Link #289
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
i blame the hair. miu's hair is just too thick while Ren the cutie looks nice and soft.
Nah it isn't the hair, Miu's so jealous of Ren that there's a tinge of green on her face that it just makes you think she's nasty
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 21:15   Link #290
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for episode 6:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 00:09   Link #291
Itlandm
Porcupine

Perhaps Ren, Miu and the biter girl (Nii?) will all end up living in Takeya's flat and he will have to sleep in the cupboard because there is no room on the floor...

OK, probably not, but that would have been pretty funny.

I guess the plot will pick up speed really soon now and we'll learn more about the sinister plans of biter chief and the whip lady. They definitely have something dark and creepy going on. Since she is part of the chibi dance, I assume we're going to see more of her in the future.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 11:35   Link #292
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
The way these two talks about the DearS is that they are more products then beings. Are they alien machine or something? No spoilers please about that, just want to talk with those others that don't know as well.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:31   Link #293
Itlandm
Porcupine

I don't think DearS are machines, because they need food and grow weak if they don't eat. But they probably don't make children the same way humans do. I believe they are grown in those glass tanks we see, like the one Ren was in when her car crashed in the first episode. They talk about being raised in communities rather than families, but they also come with some basic skills programmed (such as making love). They are clearly self-aware, they are thinking and talking to themselves and others. I don't think any organization on Earth has made them, they are probably really from space. But who their masters were before they came here, and whether they still serve those masters ... that's what I look forward to learning before this series ends.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:54   Link #294
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
because they need food and grow weak if they don't eat
They could be....but then this show will be more of a Hand Maid May redo instead of a Chobits redo

Don't forget that Ren is the 000 Unit. The first unit out of the 'factory'? So just like Rei in Evangelion she could have a few 'flaws' that the others cannot tolerate.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 14:14   Link #295
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
In the episode 0 special, Inoue Kikuko herself was kinda embarassed in her interview while she was looking at her animated character ^^;
On the http://www.team-dears.com/ website, there is a brief interview with her where she says that when she was at home trying the teacher character out, she closed the windows so no-one would hear -- and locked the door.

Is that episode 0 special available on line? All I've seen (besides episodes 1-6) is the promo.

Personally, I got over my shock and now enjoy the character. It's so over the top that it's hilarious. Not to be taken seriously. I like seeing the students embarrassed by her.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 17:45   Link #296
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
On the http://www.team-dears.com/ website, there is a brief interview with her where she says that when she was at home trying the teacher character out, she closed the windows so no-one would hear -- and locked the door.

Is that episode 0 special available on line? All I've seen (besides episodes 1-6) is the promo.

Personally, I got over my shock and now enjoy the character. It's so over the top that it's hilarious. Not to be taken seriously. I like seeing the students embarrassed by her.
I really like that the students are embarassed by her. It's a lot of fun seeing characters on anime doing a reality check. Neneko's whole character is about doing a reality check. Usually the most bizarre people are accepted so easily on anime that I'm left wondering if I'm the one taking crazy pills.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-25, 07:25   Link #297
SajberToent
Borked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo

I don't like her, she feels like a ripoff from the teacher in mahoromatic.. But, DearS is like a huge Chobits/Mahroromatic ripoff anyways... *shrugs*
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 16:49   Link #298
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajberToent
I don't like her, she feels like a ripoff from the teacher in mahoromatic.. But, DearS is like a huge Chobits/Mahroromatic ripoff anyways... *shrugs*
Actually I usually think of it as a cross between Chobits and NeiA_7 with a slight Mahoromatic influence.

Old 2004-08-25, 16:54   Link #299
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajberToent
I don't think you should be shrugging, after the first episode I'm sure everyone here thought it was just another Chobits. A girl that some guy that lives alone finds in the middle of the street.

I like Takeya more then Hiediki though.

Takeya just seems like he's not the same o' wuss like most series, I.E. Love Hina. He needs to be even meaner to Ren.

Speaking of which, lets start a Ren VS Chii debate Might not be a good idea....but anyway...

Ren > Chii I don't know why... maybe because Melon Buns are good.
Old 2004-08-27, 13:08   Link #300
DrewGSR

Anime-Keep just released Ep 7. 0 seeds atm.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen