AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-20, 23:51   Link #321
Mion S.

It seems a lot of people don't like Kampfer, but I loved it. I'm kind of a sucker for harem anime.
Old 2011-07-21, 00:17   Link #322
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
I wouldn't say it's deserving of hate, but it had some potential that went mostly nowhere. Like, there was no Majo spotlight episode (instead... Otsu) etc.

But the butler was great.
Same here. Ookami had potential, but did next to nothing with it. Still a decent comedy to watch though if you need to kill some time.
Old 2011-07-21, 00:49   Link #323
Kiyomizu
Never Knows Best

It's a manga, not an anime, but I seem to be the only one who lives Itsuwaribito. No one is scanlating it, I can't find it on any manga sites, most forums don't even have a mention of it and the few reviews I've seen said it was average. I love it though, I've bought all the manga books they've released in the US and I plan on collecting the rest of the series.
Old 2011-10-24, 06:13   Link #324
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Persona 4

While I don't try to defend it but I just saw people over-analyzing it. Its not a masterpiece and we know it never try to be one but at least its watchable.
Old 2011-10-29, 05:17   Link #325
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Minami-ke's Okawari season and the Endless Eight are two that I always hear.
Old 2011-10-29, 06:32   Link #326
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Ronin Warriors. It seemed like I was the only person on the planet who liked the anime.
LOL. Don't worry, you're not alone. I watch Ronin Warriors years ago and I still fond of it till now. Though maybe I'm a bit biased coz of nostalgia. I guess I'm a sucker for those colorful samurai armors ^_^. Still, the story is good too.
Old 2011-10-29, 06:51   Link #327
mecharobot

I already replied once, but want to add this one: Gundam SEED Destiny.

Well, I don't actually love it, but I think it was a fairly good show with lots of dramatic angst moments, great soundtrack, nice mecha designs and IMO overall a better scenario than in its prequel. I like how it wasn't as black and white as SEED was. Not that I think SEED is bad by any measure either of course.
Old 2011-10-29, 19:35   Link #328
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Finally found this thread. I've got several to list.

Persona Trinity Soul: I never took it as related to Persona 3, so that helped. Yeah, the pacing was pretty slow and the anticlimaxes were pretty frequent, but I liked the characters and the situations. Plus, that shadow pulling thing being a metaphor for sex and drugs was awesome.

Darker Than Black Season 2: It's not as good as the first season, but even before I saw the OVAs, I liked it. I liked Suou and her growth, I liked Hei dealing with the fact that he didn't have powers, and I liked the fugitive story line taken as the two traveled from Russia to Tokyo.

Infinite Stratos: Okay, I don't know if this counts or not, but I did like it for what it was, and I do see a lot of people complaining about it (except for 4chan of course). I would have preferred a more serious storyline, but it wasn't all that bad for a harem anime.

Sket Dance: The first few episodes are utter crap, but it has gotten a lot better since then. Plus, the characters are so varied and awesome.

CLANNAD: The Motion Picture: Yeah, it's not as good as the TV series, and the romance was kind of non-existent. I never saw CLANNAD as much of a romance though, so I wasn't affected too much. I liked Sunohara better in the movie, I did like how Tomoya's friends help him cope with his personal tragedies, and I like the ending more than the one in the series. Tomoya himself wasn't very awesome, but he was still decent.

AIR: The Motion Picture: While the romance was sort of weird, considering the age gap between the two, at least the main didn't turn into a crow.

That's all I can remember now.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-08, 02:11   Link #329
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Finally found another anime that I really love that a lot of people seem to dislike for some reason. Wolf's Rain. I honestly don't see anything that bad about it, which is why I don't consider it a guilty pleasure. I love the characters, I liked the pacing, and I liked how they didn't shove exposition at the audience like they're morons while giving you enough to understand the story. The recaps did suck and I don't like how the OVAs treated the characters (too fast paced for me), but I honestly consider Wolf's Rain one of my favorite anime.

Old 2011-12-08, 11:31   Link #330
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Persona 4 because I don't know why people are hating it so much because it's pretty good despite being slow at times.
Old 2011-12-08, 13:40   Link #331
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Anyone mentions R-15 ? It's an anime that people hate it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-12-08, 13:46   Link #332
LeoXiao
思想工作

It's not so much series I love that everybody hates, but obscure series that I find cool but somehow everyone else ignores.
Old 2011-12-08, 19:54   Link #333
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE and Guilty Crown.

Sure they are not the next masterpieces like Code Geass or Zeta Gundam, but they are still pretty damn good series.

I don't care if AGE isn't dark, gritty, or lolverydeep like the other Gundams or have different character designs than the usual, but as long as the characters themselves keep me entertained and the plot carries steadily along and doesn't drag or rush too fast I will keep on enjoying it. Unlike Guilty Crown the haters have died down greatly since the the people who were bitching and complaining dropped it already instead of wasting their time throwing insults at the people who doesn't think the same as they do and call them "retards" for liking something they hate.

Guilty Crown is no where near original only thing it needs is a better writer and its all set cause the plot is all over the place, but that still gives haters no right to bash and flame the fanbase just cause they are enjoying a series they hate. Oh well its them who is wasting their time commenting and watching on something they hate every week. I love this series mostly for the art, battles, characters, character designs, and music. The actual plot itself is well I give it a 6/10 while I give the overall anime an 8/10. xD

Old 2011-12-08, 22:14   Link #334
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post

AIR: The Motion Picture: While the romance was sort of weird, considering the age gap between the two,
F*CK DAT AGE GAP!!!
That romance is beautiful.
And not at all weird. A sixteen-year-old and 20-some-year-old is perfectly legal in Japan.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:45   Link #335
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Guilty Crown is no where near original only thing it needs is a better writer and its all set cause the plot is all over the place, but that still gives haters no right to bash and flame the fanbase just cause they are enjoying a series they hate. Oh well its them who is wasting their time commenting and watching on something they hate every week. I love this series mostly for the art, battles, characters, character designs, and music. The actual plot itself is well I give it a 6/10 while I give the overall anime an 8/10. xD
I don't recall that much bashing the fanbase on these forums, although I guess it did kind of heavy with that first arc. But yeah, in other forums, it can get nasty. There's some idiot on a particular anime forum that makes Izaya Orihara look like Robert Walker ("The creators should be sorry for making this! My complaining is much better than what they make! I don't care if I'm watching it for free, they should feel ashamed!"). Maybe if the creators didn't have the audience in mind, like Yamakan with Fractale (focus less on bringing back the old days of anime and more on entertaining the audience, you idiot), I'd agree with that; however, the creators said in that interview of their's that they had the teenage audience in mind, so no way am I agreeing with the troll.

And I don't care what people say. The romance in AIR: The Motion Picture was weird.

Old 2011-12-09, 01:43   Link #336
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post

And I don't care what people say. The romance in AIR: The Motion Picture was weird.
It's "weird" for a teenaged girl and a young adult to fall in love?
Why?
That shit happens ALL the time.
Besides, Misuzu and Yukito make a PERFECT couple.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-12-09 at 01:54.
Old 2011-12-09, 02:32   Link #337
mecharobot

16 and 20 is weird? In what country of the world?
Old 2011-12-09, 10:59   Link #338
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Its painfully ironic that people loves School Days but they beat this one to death just simply its-not-your-average-harem-show. How ironic that this one left School Days 4 years ahead(it was released in 2003). However it can be explained that School Days pretty much loved among anime fans community because it popularized(but not created) the dreaded yandere subculture while Kimi ga Nozomu Eien didn't.

Its not surprising that Kimi ga Nozomu Eien hatedom still going strong while School Days hatedom pretty much weakened.
Kimi Ga is one of my favorite animes of all time. IMO, it's way up there in the "seinen romance" department.

I can see why people disliked it though. The ending was not the usual one that people expected, even though it was clearly the more realistic and better option.

I watched the alternate OVA ending, and thought it was so incredibly poor and misguide. It's a disgrace to the show overall. It was made to satisfy haters.

/rant
Old 2011-12-09, 11:22   Link #339
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I really likeAfro samurai but, people really hate because its really hip hopy, and its story is pretty poor or doesn't make sense. I love it animation is brilliant, awesome voice acting. The music flavors to me so well, as I love Rza Work(the soundtrack producer)I think the story works really well in a samurai genre anime.
Old 2011-12-09, 19:09   Link #340
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Kimi Ga is one of my favorite animes of all time. IMO, it's way up there in the "seinen romance" department.

I can see why people disliked it though. The ending was not the usual one that people expected, even though it was clearly the more realistic and better option.
I'm sorry but I just don't see how getting back together with someone who cheated on you is, by any stretch of the imagination "a better option."
I actually think everyone should have found someone else....or just ended up alone.