AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-02, 05:17   Link #241
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I mean... a helicopter?
Wait till the next installment. They'll use horses!

...wait, Vivid already did that.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-12-02 at 09:01. Reason: moved post to prevent double-answering. See below
Old 2011-12-02, 08:33   Link #242
Jimmy C

That wasn't the first time we had that dicussion either.
The thing is, air transport vehicles are neccessary even for flight mages because flight drains magic just like fighting. Sure, they could fly 50km to the operation site on their own, but they won't be able to do much fighting once they get there. Even less if they have to fly 50km back to base on their own.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:42   Link #243
Key Board
Carbon

Midchilda Helicopters might be faster than mage flight

The skillset needed for aerial dogfighting and long distance flight are different

Dogfighting needs acceleration and maneuverability. Travel needs sustained top speed

Additionally, In episode 18 of StrikerS, Nanoha said that Subaru's traveling speed on land is faster than her flight. Granted, she was carrying Teana, though.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-02, 09:01   Link #244
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by malekith View Post
they probably use a helicopter so they dont have to constantly ask for personal flight permission and long distances

add the fact the forwards and support personel cant fly and a helicopte seems pretty handy in my eyes (plus they had to add a yuuno th the new main duo and needed a postion for him to fill)
We already have that discussion before. Not that I'm saying that we can't have it again (as long as we move it into the appropriate thread), it's just that I already made some long posts I'm currently not interested in repeating. Short version of my points: teleportation and antigrav/jet-VTOL instead of helicopters (especially since the blocky design of the helicopter is a poor contrast to the sleek, futuristic designs for TSAB warships).

EDIT: looks like I need to elaborate a bit. Teleportation for ultra-long range, antigrav/jet-VTOL (basically like helicopters, but without big rotor-blades as huge HIT ME! signs) for long-range and shorter.

I'm not just questioning the existence of helicopters here, I'm questioning their design philosophy. Considering the Bureau's level of technology, they could have at least an air transport like this. Or this.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-12-02 at 09:04. Reason: Split from above post
Old 2011-12-02, 11:19   Link #245
Key Board
Carbon

Maybe the TSAB has Zeon engineers

they make all their planes un-aerodynamic, but it somehow still works
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-02, 11:27   Link #246
LostSome

lol ! The copters again.

The Hucks are using cool bikes and the trunk Veyron stole looked your everyday`s one to me.
But all the communications they do are with holographic screens.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:55   Link #247
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
The whole ' i don't wish to alienate the audience too much' trap

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:57   Link #248
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
lol ! The copters again.

The Hucks are using cool bikes and the trunk Veyron stole looked your everyday`s one to me.
But all the communications they do are with holographic screens.
Yup, now that i looked at Ch. 20 more closely i also noted that they also use floating screens to display inofrmation in places like Hayate's meeting room or the training grounds where Tohma and Signum fight(the floating screens still have a different desing than the ones from Strikers, tough). So, what the hell? They're now using both old and new technology? What's up with the administration on that place xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 14:26   Link #249
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

*sigh* We raging about the copters again?
Old 2011-12-02, 14:30   Link #250
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^i started to talk about monitors and floating screens, they're the ones who bring the helicopters talk back on track.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 15:14   Link #251
malekith

srry didnt know there had already been a discussion abouth helcopters (i didnt start it up again though only replied with my opinion)
Old 2012-01-14, 21:54   Link #252
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Not that I know how to differentiate this thread fromt he general discussion thread, but it is a speculative topic.

I was wondering what personality Einhalt should have given what we've seen. There is Shy, meek fate clone, confident battle maniac. Then there Strauss. There must be something in here that' can be derived from this better than what we have so far. I guess I need this for fanfic writing

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:24   Link #253
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The Vivid manga does a fine job at showing her personality, so I suggest reading through what's been scanned once or twice. She's serious and confident when it comes to combat and general life, but when someone enters her personal space and starts getting intimate she starts getting flustered because she doesn't quite know how to handle it. She's also better than Fate at keeping up a poker-face.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:25   Link #254
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Guess it lacks the strauss aspect more

Old 2012-01-14, 22:28   Link #255
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

On Klauss, it's important to remember that Klauss is not a personality. Einhart only inherits his memories, and makes of that what she does by her own will.
Old 2012-01-15, 00:25   Link #256
Sunder the Gold

What Keroko is saying.

If Gears of Destiny is to be believed, Einhart isn't so controlled that she always holds back enough. What with her victory pose/quote of adorable fear as she asks if her opponent is all right.

Though in the manga, I don't recall her being anything but disappointed after laying someone out on the ground.
Old 2012-01-15, 01:36   Link #257
rxrx

In the manga, that was how Einhart was in the beginning before having friends, only obsess with getting stronger so she would be disappointed with opponents not able to push her to full fighting limit.

Later when she have friends, she relax a little and become less obsess in getting strong only and thus have more room to show her quiet and caring side. Loners are freaks no?
Old 2012-05-22, 03:33   Link #258
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Lol, i've been translating some stuff from the AEC and apparently the reason why Hayate doesn't have one is because the complexity of her magic (hybrid Mid and Belka) makes difficult for Caledfwlch Techniques to make a dedicated unit to her. Funny, i tought being mass weapons they could be able to suck the energy out of any mage regardless of their magic system. (Example, Strike Cannons being used by Belkan and Mid practicioners alike, heck even an EC Driver uses one).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-22, 03:35   Link #259
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Dedicated is the key word here. The strike cannon and hammer are mass-produced units, like the standard staffs and spears the grunts use. A dedicated unit would be something along the lines of the new Bardiche.
Old 2012-05-22, 03:38   Link #260
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So basically everyone save Fate and subaru are fighting the Hucks with standard euipement? Geez xDU

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread