AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-07, 06:32   Link #261
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So, wait, Miura can use transformation magic and go adult mode as well?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-02-07, 07:28   Link #262
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/...rama+CD+Side+T

So basically.... fanservice... audio fanservice. Use your imagination people.

Track 6: Hayate and Miura, to the Takamachi family/house

Spoiler for track 6:
Muhaha, thanks for this.

Can't wait for the next track, my most favorite one of all :3
Old 2012-02-07, 12:03   Link #263
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, wait, Miura can use transformation magic and go adult mode as well?
Yup, there goes the theory about transformation magic being reserved for special people xDU. If Miura of all people can do it then it means it's available for almost anyone xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-07, 12:33   Link #264
rxrx

I know many have say this, but I'm still going to say it again. Midchilda is a place full of jail bait no? You might be going out with this beautiful lady but then you get arrested when you try to get intimate with her as she is... 9 or 10. What?

The question is, why doesn't Corono join in the fun then?
Old 2012-02-07, 12:36   Link #265
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Given how Yuuno transformed into a ferret throughout all of S1 and nobody on the magical side even bat as much as an eyelash at it, the twins constantly used it in A's, the Wolkies repeatedly mentioned being able to use it and Vivid having a growing list of characters being able to use it... I don't see where the theory of transformation magic being special came from.
Old 2012-02-07, 16:44   Link #266
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Given how Yuuno transformed into a ferret throughout all of S1 and nobody on the magical side even bat as much as an eyelash at it, the twins constantly used it in A's, the Wolkies repeatedly mentioned being able to use it and Vivid having a growing list of characters being able to use it... I don't see where the theory of transformation magic being special came from.
It came from the fact that "Adult Mode" and "Transformation magic" seems to be two different things. Adult Modes seems to be more natural and fitted for combat while Tranformation magic is more of a deception trick. There's also different brands of transformation magic: Yuuno's animal tranformation, familiars tranforming into semi-human forms and The Lieze Twins changing into Maked Men which seems to be the more akin to a deception trick. The fact that Vita avoids using tranformation magic despite the implied benefits also seems to suguest that it's not entirely fitted for combat use.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-07, 16:49   Link #267
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given that Einhart's Adult Mode is nothing more than simple transformation magic, I'm calling bull on that.
Old 2012-02-07, 16:52   Link #268
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The difference was only in our heads though. There never was an official difference between adult modes and any other form of transformation magic so far.

Also, I totally read your typo as "naked men"
Old 2012-02-07, 17:19   Link #269
Justin_Brett

Quote:
The fact that Vita avoids using tranformation magic despite the implied benefits also seems to suguest that it's not entirely fitted for combat use.
Except for all of the obvious benefits an adult body has when compared to a child's in a fight.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:31   Link #270
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Given that Einhart's Adult Mode is nothing more than simple transformation magic, I'm calling bull on that.
Source? The detail is that we haven't seen Adult Form being stated as being simple tranformation magic yet. It's a blurr point until official confirmation arises

Quote:
The difference was only in our heads though. There never was an official difference between adult modes and any other form of transformation magic so far.
Exactly, that's bececause there's no official info to base our toughts on

Quote:
Also, I totally read your typo as "naked men"
We already have enough with Zafira's thong in the G.O.D. game xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Except for all of the obvious benefits an adult body has when compared to a child's in a fight.
The issue is that it's unknown how fitted for combat Vita's body will be if achieved with mere tranformation magic instead of a proper Adult Mode. Masked Men were merely magical disguises rather than a true tranformation, if Vita's suguesting the same magic style we don't know how efficiently she could hold onto that form in the heat of a battle.

Vivio and the users of Adult Form seems to reach some sort of natural develop that allows them to use their full strenght and power in such state.

But yeah, it's all speculation, i can't be confirmed but it can't be dismissed either until canon states the contrary.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-07, 17:47   Link #271
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Given that magic boosts strength, speed and agility further than muscle could ever hope to, that would mean reach is the only advantage. With her iron bullets and Eisen's extendo powers, that's not an issue for Vita either.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:51   Link #272
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If anything, Vita's got more advantages than Signum in battle on account of her smaller stature making her somewhat harder to hit.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:02   Link #273
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
If anything, Vita's got more advantages than Signum in battle on account of her smaller stature making her somewhat harder to hit.
That would be undeniably true if Vita's fightsyle weren't holding a big badass hammer xDU I love Graf Eisen but is like the most unpractical weapon of the series, fortunately Vita compensates for her lack of maneuverability by being the far toughest member of the Wolkenritter.

On the "hard to hit" aspect, Signum was able to keep up with Fate, a small-sized fast-as-hell target, just fine. I don't think the child size would be that great of an advantage xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-07, 18:12   Link #274
Justin_Brett

So it's magic used to transform your body in a significant way, but no, no, it must be something totally different and unique?

I think Vita probably doesn't use it because she doesn't feel like it, more or less.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:26   Link #275
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That would be undeniably true if Vita's fightsyle weren't holding a big badass hammer xDU I love Graf Eisen but is like the most unpractical weapon of the series, fortunately Vita compensates for her lack of maneuverability by being the far toughest member of the Wolkenritter.

On the "hard to hit" aspect, Signum was able to keep up with Fate, a small-sized fast-as-hell target, just fine. I don't think the child size would be that great of an advantage xDU.
Actually, the desert fight showed that she couldn't keep up with Fate, a small-sized, fast-as-hell target--she was considering using her trump card just to land a hit and wasn't sure it'd be able to anyway.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:32   Link #276
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Actually, the desert fight showed that she couldn't keep up with Fate, a small-sized, fast-as-hell target--she was considering using her trump card just to land a hit and wasn't sure it'd be able to anyway.
Wrong, she considered to use Sturmfalken but dismissed the idea as the set up of the attack will make it useless against Fate's speed. She was impressed by Fate's speed and is being very carefull to not be surprised by her, ingnorant from the fact that Fate is almost at her limit and quite nervous at the moment. Fate was even in the need of unleashing sonic form just to fight her.

Quote:
So it's magic used to transform your body in a significant way, but no, no, it must be something totally different and unique?
I don't know how unique is but is certainly different xD

Quote:
I think Vita probably doesn't use it because she doesn't feel like it, more or less.
So far is the most reasonable answer xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-08, 18:09   Link #277
Nagumo
Random Translator

I think Miura would have been a great manga main character for a shonen fighting oriented manga.

Or at least, a manga through her perspective as she faces down various Nanoha characters in her path to becoming a powerful striker arts practitioner.

No offense to Vivio...

http://translationcd.wikispaces.com/...rama+CD+Side+T
Track 7. Miura Talks

Spoiler for Miura talks:
Old 2012-02-08, 18:14   Link #278
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Gods Miura is awesome. Even when faced with a plot-armored supertalent like Vivio, what does she do? "Oh, that's just what I need to get even stronger!"

You go girl.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:20   Link #279
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Hope this get soon reflected in the ViVid manga, Tsuzuki have yet to convince people that Miura has what it needs to be considered a "rival" to Vivio instead of just anothear easy win.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-08, 21:00   Link #280
Justin_Brett

So did only Vivid get a soundstage here, or are you just going by personal preference, Nagumo?

That field trip line makes me wonder exactly what kind of places they go.
Closed Thread