AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 16:06   Link #261
GaimeGuy

It's the ten Sephirot
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 21:19   Link #262
Kanish

Just a quick question about Marcoh since we're seeing a lot more of him lately. I seem to have forgotten what became of him in the first series. I only seem to remember him till the point Lust and Gluttony coerced him into going with them(shortly after the Elric brothers met him). Anyone remember what happened to him?
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:54   Link #263
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

I think he was killed by Lust IIRC? It's sad how under developed his character was in the old series.

I have a question about the manga, what chapter is that little side-story in where Ed gets in trouble for picking on Al and he thinks Trisha loves Al and not him? He went and sat outside of the bathroom and Hohenheim overheard him pouting and told him to hold a bucket of water until he came out of the bathroom, but Ed couldn't do it. When Hohenheim came out he said, "your mother had to carry that much weight around when she was pregnant with you, she loves you." something like that lol, I remember reading that forever ago and I want to read it again. =]
Old 2009-11-13, 22:57   Link #264
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I have a question about the manga, what chapter is that little side-story in where Ed gets in trouble for picking on Al and he thinks Trisha loves Al and not him? He went and sat outside of the bathroom and Hohenheim overheard him pouting and told him to hold a bucket of water until he came out of the bathroom, but Ed couldn't do it. When Hohenheim came out he said, "your mother had to carry that much weight around when she was pregnant with you, she loves you." something like that lol, I remember reading that forever ago and I want to read it again. =]
I know that it's in place of the omakes in a volume... It's not a chapter. Except I don't remember which one it is! Argh! Now I wanna read it too!
Old 2009-11-14, 08:52   Link #265
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

I thought the Door of Truth looked like an inverted coconut tree.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:16   Link #266
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post
Just a quick question about Marcoh since we're seeing a lot more of him lately. I seem to have forgotten what became of him in the first series. I only seem to remember him till the point Lust and Gluttony coerced him into going with them(shortly after the Elric brothers met him). Anyone remember what happened to him?
He was eaten by Gluttony. Off-screen I might add.

Quote:
I think he was killed by Lust IIRC? It's sad how under developed his character was in the old series.

That's not a chapter, it's a Gaiden which you can find in Volume 14.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 02:46   Link #267
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
recently ive finally finished Full Metal Alchemist after much procrastination and i thought it was amazing but what i havent been able to gather so far is if Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a second series or not?

also does it shed anymore info about what happened at the end of Fullmetal Alchemist?
Old 2009-11-15, 03:42   Link #268
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Found a list of all the Gaidens! I loved re-reading them all.

FMA Gaidens/Guidebook Scanlations
Old 2009-11-15, 12:32   Link #269
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
recently ive finally finished Full Metal Alchemist after much procrastination and i thought it was amazing but what i havent been able to gather so far is if Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a second series or not?

also does it shed anymore info about what happened at the end of Fullmetal Alchemist?
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is an adaptation of the manga storyline, completely separate from the first Full Metal Alchemist anime.

The first anime was an original story that was loosely based upon the scenario in the manga. No material after the 30th chapter or so of the manga appeared at all in the first anime, and most of hte material from the first 30 chapters was either heavily modified or omitted altogether. The first anime has original characters that don't exist at all in the manga (Frank Archer, Dante, the fake elric brothers, Lyra, and some of the homunculus, among others), it leaves certain characters alive that die very early on in the manga (ie: Tucker), it kills off characters early on that aren't killed off in the manga (Marcoh), it has the whole Rose baby rape thing and the europe BS arc which isn't in the manga at all.

It also completely nerfs several of the characters' personalities altogether. For example, Scar is completely shallow in the first FMA and has no development as a character. Also, Mustang is reduced to a comic relief character used along with his subordinates as filler material for pointless side-stories. (in the manga, Mustang is really the 3rd main protagonist, along with Ed and Al).

Think of the first anime as a mostly original story which uses some of the materials from the first ~25% of the manga.

Think of FMA: Brotherhood as an animated version of the manga. (But read the manga after watching brotherhood anyways, since they don't include everything, for budgetary reasons :P)
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 15:07   Link #270
Demoned Away

This is just a quick question. Is the manga finished in Japan? If not, do you think this will turn into a Bleach/Naruto/OP anime where it goes on forever and forever? God, I hope not.
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 15:24   Link #271
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

It's not, they're on the same chapter we are. The only difference it that they get to read it the minute it comes out and we have to wait a few days for translations.

It's down to the last chapters, I believe someone on here said that we're actually in the last volume. It's almost over!
Old 2009-11-15, 15:24   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
This is just a quick question. Is the manga finished in Japan? If not, do you think this will turn into a Bleach/Naruto/OP anime where it goes on forever and forever? God, I hope not.
Yes the manga is still going, and no it won't go on forever and ever. It could easily end in a couple of chapters.
Old 2009-11-15, 20:13   Link #273
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is an adaptation of the manga storyline, completely separate from the first Full Metal Alchemist anime.

The first anime was an original story that was loosely based upon the scenario in the manga. No material after the 30th chapter or so of the manga appeared at all in the first anime, and most of hte material from the first 30 chapters was either heavily modified or omitted altogether. The first anime has original characters that don't exist at all in the manga (Frank Archer, Dante, the fake elric brothers, Lyra, and some of the homunculus, among others), it leaves certain characters alive that die very early on in the manga (ie: Tucker), it kills off characters early on that aren't killed off in the manga (Marcoh), it has the whole Rose baby rape thing and the europe BS arc which isn't in the manga at all.

It also completely nerfs several of the characters' personalities altogether. For example, Scar is completely shallow in the first FMA and has no development as a character. Also, Mustang is reduced to a comic relief character used along with his subordinates as filler material for pointless side-stories. (in the manga, Mustang is really the 3rd main protagonist, along with Ed and Al).

Think of the first anime as a mostly original story which uses some of the materials from the first ~25% of the manga.

Think of FMA: Brotherhood as an animated version of the manga. (But read the manga after watching brotherhood anyways, since they don't include everything, for budgetary reasons :P)
ok thanks alot for that. im actualy glad to know that the brotherhood fllows the manga more closely.

also i just have to ask is the ending to Fullmetal Alchemist anime completely original or is it in the manga?
Old 2009-11-15, 21:48   Link #274
Demoned Away

Quote:
It's not, they're on the same chapter we are. The only difference it that they get to read it the minute it comes out and we have to wait a few days for translations.

It's down to the last chapters, I believe someone on here said that we're actually in the last volume. It's almost over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yes the manga is still going, and no it won't go on forever and ever. It could easily end in a couple of chapters.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably start Brotherhood soon if the manga is about to end. How far into the manga is Brotherhood so far?
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 21:53   Link #275
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll probably start Brotherhood soon if the manga is about to end. How far into the manga is Brotherhood so far?
It's in Vol. 16, I think. It's going into Briggs from next week.
Old 2009-11-15, 23:06   Link #276
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Question number one: Is the blind alchemist ova adapted from a manga gaiden?
Second question: If yes from which volume?
Old 2009-11-16, 00:04   Link #277
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
Question number one: Is the blind alchemist ova adapted from a manga gaiden?
Second question: If yes from which volume?
Yes, its based on a gaiden from the first Perfect Guidebook.
Old 2009-11-16, 03:02   Link #278
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
ok thanks alot for that. im actualy glad to know that the brotherhood fllows the manga more closely.

also i just have to ask is the ending to Fullmetal Alchemist anime completely original or is it in the manga?
The first anime series' ending is completely original, thank God lol.
Old 2009-11-16, 03:42   Link #279
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
The first anime series' ending is completely original, thank God lol.
thank you god. now im definitely starting to watch this series just because i know i canot possibly end as bad as the first season.
Old 2009-11-16, 10:46   Link #280
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
thank you god. now im definitely starting to watch this series just because i know i canot possibly end as bad as the first season.
Trust Arakawa-sensei to make us a fantastic ending! The climax sure is good, so far, so I'm looking forward to how she's gonna wrap things up