Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 13:02   Link #1281
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Hey everyone, for end game assassin,should i go with:
  • dual dagger (x15 for sneak), problem is one-hand enchanted does not provide extra damage, and have short range, no extra skill
  • dual sword (x6 for sneak) +160% extra damage from enchantment (boot, gloves, necklace and ring), the one hand sword perks provides extra critical rate

The later is definitely better in my book, but need your opinions...
Playing on default difficultly, I did not find a single enemy (bosses incl.) who didn't fall in one hit to x30 unenchanted daggers... though end game I was using legendary daedric. It is hard (occasionally impossible) to sneak up on a certain few enemies though.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 13:06   Link #1282
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea I don't hear any emotion in the english VAers -he says with heavy sarcasm- I guess japan is just better at sounding cool -he again says with heavy sarcasm-

not only does it not sound barbaric of viking. this isn't way of the samurai
Old 2011-11-30, 13:15   Link #1283
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well i gotta say it sounds surprisingly good, i wouldn't have expected the game to blend so well with japanese voices, that said maybe i'll use that when japanese mods start pooring out :P. But till then i'll stick with the original voices, i like them as well a lot, they did a satisfying job in this regard.

Unfortunately i had to restart my game though... my first character had a problem with the save, i disabled vsync for performance and physics plus NPC schedules got messed up, but its not that bad, i wanted an archer, assassin type character anyway, this time i went with female named her Reise Todesfall (its a game of words comes from german means "traveling fatality" i wanted something that goes good with a nord character):

Spoiler for Character:
Old 2011-11-30, 14:29   Link #1284
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
  • dual dagger (x15 for sneak), problem is one-hand enchanted does not provide extra damage, and have short range, no extra skill
  • dual sword (x6 for sneak) +160% extra damage from enchantment (boot, gloves, necklace and ring), the one hand sword perks provides extra critical rate

Actually , dual Sword is the best for damage with all the enchant etc... even if you have dual dagger x30 dmg , you can't reach the sword damage.

Look :

Quote:
Add 60 Second Weapon + Armor Potions
Custom Made Potions using my enchanted Alchemy gear: Last 60 seconds

Full Daedric Armor: 2419 Armor
Daedric Bow: 1242 Damage
Daedric Dagger: 171 Damage
Daedric Two Handed Sword: 1391 Damage!
Daedric One Handed Sword: 1192 Damage !

So Dagger x30 = 5130 well not exactly , it's less than that , cuz if you wear the gloves sneak total dmg x2 behind the target , you lose the %dmg for the crafting gloves.
1H x6 = 7152 !

Well , i won't use the enchantment+forge+alchemy tips cuz for me being Godly in a game is boring.
Currently stick with my ebony weapons.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 14:53   Link #1285
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quoting myself.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Ok, now I got the bug where I am unable to become the Thane of Riften. I have found a console fix for this but said fix comes with a warning saying that this may or may not have side effects later on.
Did the console fix and everything seems to be fine now. A few quests later and I have yet to notice something over this.

For those that have yet to do the events in Riften, you can apperantly avoid this bug by buying the house (8,000 gold) right away after it is offered to you. Dont leave the building and don't upgrade the house until you finish the quest and become the Thane of Riften.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:27   Link #1286
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The japanese vers sounds good !
Wanna hear the Fus ro dah too ! And i want the mod to change in japanese for the fun^^
Old 2011-11-30, 15:34   Link #1287
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

In japanse Fus ro dah = ha do ken
Old 2011-11-30, 15:42   Link #1288
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

And i just noticed that my game was already patched 1.2 lol. The fights against mage/dragon will be hilarious. Hide&Seek.
Old 2011-11-30, 15:55   Link #1289
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

How does one see which version they have on the PC anyway?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 15:56   Link #1290
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
In japanse Fus ro dah = ha do ken
we already got this
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:27   Link #1291
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Goddammit steam, I don't want to update my game. Just let me play the version I have now!
Old 2011-11-30, 16:30   Link #1292
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Sword swings are not silent. This means even if you just wave the sword around you would break the sneak.

So if you want to sneak stab, but there are multiple people in the room, daggers are better.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:50   Link #1293
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Moreover, I've found that sword swings can at times break stealth before the hit lands, thus denying you the sneak attack.
Old 2011-11-30, 18:03   Link #1294
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I'm beginning to think that the developers made it so having 100% fortified destruction IS the intended route if you want to use mainly that. Without it, the damage seems to be not scaling that well and with ridiculous mana cost too. The best robes fortifies it by 50% already and if you get the master perk to roleplay it closer, you really don't have to make the equipments yourself. But of course, enchanting beats the magic master perks anyway.

Btw if I use staffs, will my corresponding skill raise up too?
Old 2011-11-30, 18:48   Link #1295
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well this is annoying I can't tell the game to NOT update Skyrim automatically so I have to keep STEAM in offline mode. Hopefully the patch will get fixed....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 22:21   Link #1296
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sword swings are not silent. This means even if you just wave the sword around you would break the sneak.

So if you want to sneak stab, but there are multiple people in the room, daggers are better.
There... the drawback... D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Well i gotta say it sounds surprisingly good, i wouldn't have expected the game to blend so well with japanese voices, that said maybe i'll use that when japanese mods start pooring out :P. But till then i'll stick with the original voices, i like them as well a lot, they did a satisfying job in this regard.

Unfortunately i had to restart my game though... my first character had a problem with the save, i disabled vsync for performance and physics plus NPC schedules got messed up, but its not that bad, i wanted an archer, assassin type character anyway, this time i went with female named her Reise Todesfall (its a game of words comes from german means "traveling fatality" i wanted something that goes good with a nord character):

Spoiler for Character:
Give me your character creation save file....

I'm so suck at character creation, never got one as well done as yours

PS: i heard if you type "showracemenu", you can modify character face, have any1 tried it?
Old 2011-11-30, 22:45   Link #1297
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yeps "showracemenu" but be warned, it will reset your current look. took me by surpise..
Old 2011-11-30, 23:10   Link #1298
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still do not understand. Why one hand enchantment does not provide extra damage to dagger? Is it a bug, or it simply will be too overpowered?

Edit: just found out that dual dagger does not have extra attack speed from the dual flurry as well....
It's decided for me then... for sneaking multiple mobs, bows should be good enough anyway

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-11-30 at 23:53.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 01:00   Link #1299
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

With recent events concerning patch 1.2, I think something important has been revealed.

There had been two rather harmless looking things, but combined it caused a disaster.

1. Patches sometimes break the program. This is not news to anyone who ever downloaded a new patch for Microsoft Windows. People find out about it, and delay getting the patch or undo it until the next fix. It's all good.

2. DRMs and DRM exploit removal are applied via patches. This requires that the customer be forced to apply a patch as soon as they load the game, or as soon as they get online. Further, the patch must be irreversible or it defeats the purpose of DRM. Makes sense, regardless of what you think of DRM.

But what happens when you have 1. and 2. at the same time?

You get a game that installs a patch that breaks the program, does it by force, and is irreversible from the user's end.

In short, patch bugs are now as impossible to avoid as DRM, because patches themselves are treated like DRM. It is now considered important that every Skyrim customer deliberately break his own game by downloading the patch 1.2, or disconnect from the internet all together. (In Steam it installs the patch automatically unless you play on offline mode).

Too bad, if a Skyrim customer wants to play a multiplayer game between Skyrim sessions.

Isn't DRM great?
Old 2011-12-01, 01:38   Link #1300
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In short, patch bugs are now as impossible to avoid as DRM, because patches themselves are treated like DRM. It is now considered important that every Skyrim customer deliberately break his own game by downloading the patch 1.2, or disconnect from the internet all together. (In Steam it installs the patch automatically unless you play on offline mode).
Can you get around this by changing the update settings? I haven't tried this before, but Steam allows you disable automatic updates (right-click the title of the game and select "Properties").

Quote:
Patches sometimes break the program. This is not news to anyone who ever downloaded a new patch for Microsoft Windows. People find out about it, and delay getting the patch or undo it until the next fix. It's all good.
That's why I prefer update installers that you can manually apply. It's not just about bugs either - sometimes I dislike balance changes that are introduced from one revision to another (although if it's an online game, I can understand the need for each player to run the latest revision).

However, most players seem to prefer the convenience of instant, automatic updates.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim