AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 09:28   Link #1361
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Sounds like someone is butt-hurt that the Patriots have 3 Superbowl Rings in 4 appearances over the past decade. Their system works. While 90% of the teams in the league have up and down years, they are consistently in it, putting out 11+ win seasons.

You want to see laughable, go look at San Diego. Supposedly the most talented team in the NFL, but they've lost to Seattle, Oakland, and Kansas City!

And I agree with an earlier poster. Reggie Bush has been a bust in terms of where he placed in the draft.
San Diego Chargers are the worst franchise team in management because of their poor handling over Jackson and Merriman. A.J. or whoever last name GM should be fired because of self-arrogance. They had alot of opportunities with Tomlinson and Brees but they threw themselves like it's nothing. I'm questioning the integrity of owners and players because of their love for the game or just money to them. But I would think it's just the value of the dollar. Sports are not product at all.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 10:53   Link #1362
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Can't disagree with you there. Also the only team in NFL history who fired a 14-2 coach..
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:54   Link #1363
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Sounds like someone is butt-hurt that the Patriots have 3 Superbowl Rings in 4 appearances over the past decade. Their system works. While 90% of the teams in the league have up and down years, they are consistently in it, putting out 11+ win seasons.

You want to see laughable, go look at San Diego. Supposedly the most talented team in the NFL, but they've lost to Seattle, Oakland, and Kansas City!

And I agree with an earlier poster. Reggie Bush has been a bust in terms of where he placed in the draft.
You'll be butthurt soon enuff when San Diego gets their season together only to get teabagged in the playoffs again...Drew Brees won his Superbowl first, so he won the Phillip Rivers debate...So yeah you're right they are laffable...

As for the rest, AJ Smith is playing Football's version of Sabermetrics, but hell if it hasn't worked...If San Diego didn't choke against an underdog every year, everyone would be kissing AJ's a$$...

As for the rest rest, like I said, as a fan, we love winning but we also go to the ballpark to see stars and fan-favorites...Anyone with emotional ties to the Patriots of the last ten years have been pedobeared over and over again when it comes to the great team players they have totally pawned, except Tom Brady ofcourse (Who can't throw the deep ball for $hit) who's been average the last 3 years (2007 his historic year thanks to 23 TD's by Randy Moss)...Let's also ignore that the nucleus of that team (especially on defense) was intact for most of that dynasty, then Bill Belichick started making $hitty draft picks for the last 5 years for all the good players he traded...
Old 2010-10-14, 23:05   Link #1364
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You'll be butthurt soon enuff when San Diego gets their season together only to get teabagged in the playoffs again...Drew Brees won his Superbowl first, so he won the Phillip Rivers debate...So yeah you're right they are laffable...

As for the rest, AJ Smith is playing Football's version of Sabermetrics, but hell if it hasn't worked...If San Diego didn't choke against an underdog every year, everyone would be kissing AJ's a$$...

As for the rest rest, like I said, as a fan, we love winning but we also go to the ballpark to see stars and fan-favorites...Anyone with emotional ties to the Patriots of the last ten years have been pedobeared over and over again when it comes to the great team players they have totally pawned, except Tom Brady ofcourse (Who can't throw the deep ball for $hit) who's been average the last 3 years (2007 his historic year thanks to 23 TD's by Randy Moss)...Let's also ignore that the nucleus of that team (especially on defense) was intact for most of that dynasty, then Bill Belichick started making $hitty draft picks for the last 5 years for all the good players he traded...
Are you taking AJ word for it and do you have a soft spot for Billacheat as well.
Old 2010-10-14, 23:16   Link #1365
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

No I don't like AJ Smith, but his tactics aren't as bad verses the reality that San Diego could have easily been in 2 Superbowls if they hadn't choked in the playoffs the last 5 years...

Additionally I can't hate on the Pats Superbowl wins (Cheatgate notwithstanding), but I can sure as hell comment on the tinkering the team has done since it's last championship 5 years ago...Most of that filled with letting go great 2nd contract players for draft picks BB has blown...

Cool more 2nd day draft picks for Moss, awesome [/sarcasm]...Maybe BB will draft another 10 DBs...
Old 2010-10-14, 23:28   Link #1366
Highman

Quote:
No I don't like AJ Smith, but his tactics aren't as bad verses the reality that San Diego could have easily been in 2 Superbowls if they hadn't choked in the playoffs the last 5 years...

Additionally I can't hate on the Pats Superbowl wins (Cheatgate notwithstanding), but I can sure as hell comment on the tinkering the team has done since it's last championship 5 years ago...Most of that filled with letting go great 2nd contract players for draft picks BB has blown...

Cool more 2nd day draft picks for Moss, awesome [/sarcasm]...Maybe BB will draft another 10 DBs...
I'm still waiting for you guys not make it to the playoffs and become the Aint's once again then I should wear this for 2012 season If you guys for a losing season!

Spoiler for Aints!:
Old 2010-10-14, 23:39   Link #1367
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Aint Dat a B!tch...
Old 2010-10-15, 01:20   Link #1368
justinstrife

Quote:

I'm not a San Diego fan, contrary to my native home town of San Diego. Hate to disappoint you and your butt-hurtness there wing. And I was a fan of Drew Brees long before you ever heard of his name. As has my entire family thanks to a good deed he did for my cousin in High School.

And say what you want about Brady, but he's still the #1 QB in the league with the highest win percentage. Drew Brees is great, and one of the elite, but he's not quite as good as Brady.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 09:16   Link #1369
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
As for the rest rest, like I said, as a fan, we love winning but we also go to the ballpark to see stars and fan-favorites...
The fan favorites mostly retired. You know, guys like Bruschi, Harrison, Troy Brown, etc. It has nothing to do with Belichick.

Quote:
Anyone with emotional ties to the Patriots of the last ten years have been pedobeared over and over again when it comes to the great team players they have totally pawned, except Tom Brady ofcourse (Who can't throw the deep ball for $hit) who's been average the last 3 years (2007 his historic year thanks to 23 TD's by Randy Moss)
Who are all these great players being 'pawned?' Care to name me a few? Only great player I can think of other than Moss was Seymour, and he wanted out, not the other way around. And you're dissing on Tom Brady? Average? You must be joking. He was injured in '08, and then last year he had the third highest QB rating in the league... Yeah, that's average . All those superbowl wins Moss won him too, right? Oh wait, he wasn't here for any of them...

Quote:
...Let's also ignore that the nucleus of that team (especially on defense) was intact for most of that dynasty, then Bill Belichick started making $hitty draft picks for the last 5 years for all the good players he traded...
They got old, dude. Simple as that. And what shitty draft picks for the last 5 years are you talking about, exactly? The only bust year was 2006. Since then, they're got production out of every draft.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 15:40   Link #1370
Highman

Quote:
Aint Dat a B!tch...
Spoiler for Hey Wing?:
Old 2010-10-15, 21:01   Link #1371
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Aint Dat a B!tch...
About time that franchise did something.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 23:01   Link #1372
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
About time that franchise did something.
And a long way to become a very consistent team soon.
Old 2010-10-15, 23:21   Link #1373
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The fan favorites mostly retired. You know, guys like Bruschi, Harrison, Troy Brown, etc. It has nothing to do with Belichick.
NOTHING to do with BB??!?! The head of effin Voltron?

Quote:
Who are all these great players being 'pawned?' Care to name me a few? Only great player I can think of other than Moss was Seymour, and he wanted out, not the other way around.
Asante Samuel, Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch (Although that was somewhat rectified), Mike Vrabel (WTF did he do wrong?), they $hited on Ben Watson as Brady threw him under the bus blaming the offensive woes on him (Seymour and Moss are the cherries on top)....

Now like I said, it's not just about getting rid of these guys, it dives into my deeper point about many Boston fans (I listen to the radio shows) being tired of iROBOTS being replaced with other iROBOTS...People pay alot of damn money to go to Moneygrubb Kraftland to see 7 round pick overachievers...Sometime you wanna load up the van and go see them BIGDAWGS (But ofcourse your comeback to this is elite, superstar players can't possibly be team players unless they have Justin Beiber haircuts )

Quote:
And you're dissing on Tom Brady? Average? You must be joking. He was injured in '08, and then last year he had the third highest QB rating in the league... Yeah, that's average . All those superbowl wins Moss won him too, right? Oh wait, he wasn't here for any of them...
Oh he's a fuc*ing BEAST on 5 yard outs and sideline hitch passes...He's King Kai's numba #1 student when it comes to the short game...Hell Brady's intermediate game might be second only to Joe Montana in NFL history, but his deep game is $hit...And his one year of eye-popping numbers came because of Randy Moss...Mofo was KILLING the flats and underneath (in 07), then when people bit, he was throwing super-inaccurate deep balls inwhich that "slouch" Randy Moss EA Sports'-caught everyone of them...Can't wait to see Brandon Tate get his Bethel Johnson-ON in the coming weeks lol...

Quote:
And what shitty draft picks for the last 5 years are you talking about, exactly? The only bust year was 2006. Since then, they're got production out of every draft.
Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Maroney, Ellis Hobbs, Antrell Hawkins (?), Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, David Thomas who's great for us, (Currently Merriweather!) I know your team better than you do...I know you're a big DBZ fan, so don't be shocked by your scouter, cuz I'm "OVER 9,000!!" (When it comes to this $hit)...These are all 3rd round picks or higher...What $hitty draft picks AREN'T I talking about?? Huh?!

@Samari - Oooooh, you're next...I'm gonna break your 49ers legacy down very soon, so wait for it...I'll give you a hint: D_b_rt_l_...
Old 2010-10-16, 10:00   Link #1374
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Asante Samuel, Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch (Although that was somewhat rectified), Mike Vrabel (WTF did he do wrong?), they $hited on Ben Watson as Brady threw him under the bus blaming the offensive woes on him (Seymour and Moss are the cherries on top)....
Samuel lost us the 07 superbowl IMO. Not necessarily worth trading but I wasn't shedding any tears over it, nor were any other fans I knew. Lawyer Milloy and Vrabel I can agree with, I didn't want to see them go. Branch wasn't ever really a fan favorite either, though he is a good player... So you've only named 2, possibly 3 (if you're a big Branch fan) that BB traded against the fans' wishes... Not too bad, you've got to balance what's best for the team and what the fans want. I've never been dissapointed, personally.

Quote:
Now like I said, it's not just about getting rid of these guys, it dives into my deeper point about many Boston fans (I listen to the radio shows) being tired of iROBOTS being replaced with other iROBOTS...People pay alot of damn money to go to Moneygrubb Kraftland to see 7 round pick overachievers...Sometime you wanna load up the van and go see them BIGDAWGS (But ofcourse your comeback to this is elite, superstar players can't possibly be team players unless they have Justin Beiber haircuts )
Maybe some people. I think most people just want another superbowl win. What radio shows from this area do you listen to, out of curiosity? WEEI?

Quote:
Oh he's a fuc*ing BEAST on 5 yard outs and sideline hitch passes...He's King Kai's numba #1 student when it comes to the short game...Hell Brady's intermediate game might be second only to Joe Montana in NFL history, but his deep game is $hit...And his one year of eye-popping numbers came because of Randy Moss...Mofo was KILLING the flats and underneath (in 07), then when people bit, he was throwing super-inaccurate deep balls inwhich that "slouch" Randy Moss EA Sports'-caught everyone of them...Can't wait to see Brandon Tate get his Bethel Johnson-ON in the coming weeks lol...
07 was definitely because of Moss. But even with Moss, no average QB could pull off those numbers. Probably only Manning and maybe Brees could get that kind of production, even with Moss. The stats didn't do much for us in 07 though since we lost the superbowl anyways. Which is all that matters

Quote:
Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Maroney, Ellis Hobbs, Antrell Hawkins (?), Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, David Thomas who's great for us, (Currently Merriweather!) I know your team better than you do...I know you're a big DBZ fan, so don't be shocked by your scouter, cuz I'm "OVER 9,000!!" (When it comes to this $hit)...These are all 3rd round picks or higher...What $hitty draft picks AREN'T I talking about?? Huh?!
Bethel Johnson was a lone bust from the 2003 draft, back when they were still winning superbowls. I'd say that's permissible. Ellis Hobbs was no superstar but we got production out of him, so I don't think he was a bust for a third rounder. Hawkins wasn't even a Patriots draft pick, and I'm pretty sure he retired. Thomas and Wheatley had injury problems, so yeah they were bad picks but injuries aren't easy to predict... Jackson and Maroney were definitely wastes but I already admitted '06 was a bad draft year. On the other hand.. Patriots have been making plenty of good draft picks at the same time. You're only mentioning the ones that didn't work out. There's two sides to that coin. We've seen production out of Mayo, Chung, Merriweather, Mankins, Kazcur, Cassell... They weren't all superstars but they've all been good additions to the team at some point. And I'm not even naming all of them, just too lazy to type anymore in this already long message I'm sure you do know more about the NFL than me but I do know the Patriots pretty well. I was a fan during the Pete Carroll era so I'm not just a bandwagon jumper.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 10:38   Link #1375
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

@Samari - Oooooh, you're next...I'm gonna break your 49ers legacy down very soon, so wait for it...I'll give you a hint: D_b_rt_l_...
You can start talking smack once you stockpile more Lombardi trophies.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 12:30   Link #1376
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Oh I'm sure you were all into the 49ers legacy when you were 2 years old...What were you 10 when they had their last super bowl win? I'll give you guys the first 2 Superbowls won primarily by the genius of Bill Walsh (During your pre-fetus years), but you must not know jack beyond that point...

Do you have any clue why you guys suck so hard and have sucked so hard for a decade now? Ya see you guys had an owner named Eddie Debartolo Jr. (I'll give you a hint: D_b_rt_l_)...He was one of the biggest schemers and cheaters in the history of the NFL...There's a phrase in sports called "Mortgaging the Future" to win today...That's exactly what that Italian Mobster did...He ran a Mickey Mouse organization, and paid players deals under the table, deals he funneled money through a riverboat gambling scandal...Inwhich he went to prison for...

So those final 3 Super Bowls (which no doubt they are yours regardless of your naivety) came from the 49ers illegally assembling the most amount of talent via Plan B Free Agency...Now you can shrug that $hit off and be proud of you're storied legacy, but realize the reason you suck now and will continue to suck (YOUR 49ers!! The 49ners of your adult life!!) is because they skirted the system with under the table, straight-up Joe Pesci in "Casino" deals...Now they are paying the price, and YOUR 49ners, the playing by the rules now 49ners, ain't $hit!!
Old 2010-10-16, 15:49   Link #1377
justinstrife

Karma always comes back to bite you crap talkers in the ass later on wing. The Saints have been a good team since Brees came along, but who do you have behind him should he get hurt? I don't want to see one of my favorite QB's of all time get hurt, but as I said before, Karma has a way of silencing the smack talkers.(just like it did the Patriots fans of '07 who bragged they were going all the way).

And I was a fan of the 49ers back in the 80's as was Tom Brady(considering we're close to the same age it's no surprise). Infact, I got to meet Jerry Rice in 1990 when I was in the Boy Scouts. He was a real class act.
Old 2010-10-16, 16:29   Link #1378
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well I met Jerry Rice when I was a kid at the Hilton hotel in New Orleans prior to the SuperBowl when they rocked the Broncos, and he was an a$$ act...He wouldn't sign me or my friends football...And when we tried to approach him one last time he screamed, (and I quote) "Kids, No!!!!" Ever since that I hated his a$$, so screw him and his $hitty Hall of Fame speech that he couldn't even read right when he wrote that $hit...
Old 2010-10-16, 20:20   Link #1379
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
WOOO HOOOO MY UK wildcats just defeated the #10 team in south carolina!!!!!

Its about time we beat them!!!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 21:18   Link #1380
justinstrife

Quote:
^Well I met Jerry Rice when I was a kid at the Hilton hotel in New Orleans prior to the SuperBowl when they rocked the Broncos, and he was an a$$ act...He wouldn't sign me or my friends football...And when we tried to approach him one last time he screamed, (and I quote) "Kids, No!!!!" Ever since that I hated his a$$, so screw him and his $hitty Hall of Fame speech that he couldn't even read right when he wrote that $hit...
You must have been a real jerk off to him then because he signed an autograph for me no problem.

Oops looks like Ohio State isn't #1 anymore.

Tags
american football, sports