AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-24, 11:31   Link #3301
Qilin
Romanticist

I just started watching this since a few people recommended it to me, and it's been quite an unusual ride so far.

This series is something of an enigma. My mind keeps telling me that it is horrible, yet I can't turn away. But then I figured that the show is pretty damn entertaining in spite of, or rather because of, its abundance in flaws. Something about the combination of its elements makes it a lot of fun. It could be the innuendos, the cliche characters, the over-the-top action, or the sheer cheesiness of the dialogue, but it all works out in the end.

The best part I've seen so far?
Spoiler for episode 4:

Granted, I'm only in episode 5 so far, so it's sure to get even crazier as it progresses.
Old 2012-05-28, 17:00   Link #3302
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'd like to thank the guy who introduced this series to me. It's plotholed, it makes no sense, and it never lets up, yet it somehow creates that world where I can accept everything. And the sex jokes. They just keep coming and won't stop. Oh, and did I mention how much love a guy whose name is Andy W. Hol? God, I love this anime.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 05:39   Link #3303
bastek66

Titles for last three episodes:
24ep ephemera
25ep. Fragments of Adam
26ep Private ( the end)
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 12:00   Link #3304
Destined_Fate

There's four episodes left though.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 20:22   Link #3305
molitar

What did Schrade music do in episode 23? He sacrificed himself playing it but what actually happened?

In general over the original Aquarion it made sense this one has been WTF? The story just keeps getting more and more twisted without understanding much. Never explained how the Curse of Eve came to pass or what it is just the effects turn all females to males. And Mikage needing a host.. He never needed a host in the first series. It's almost like this has nothing to do with the original Aquarion.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:09   Link #3306
kuromitsu

Shrade, in short, managed to find Altair by its melody, and bring Zessica and Amata there in safety, instead of being lost forever among the dimensions. (At least that's what I thought he was doing...)

As for Mykage, apparently he's Touma's ghost, in a way, and didn't have a real body all along, which makes me wonder why he was bleeding after Kagura bit him, but whatever. His name "mikage" means "spirit of the dead" (well, something along those lines, it's a bit more complicated).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 14:27   Link #3307
kuromitsu

Random news: apparently the rumors were wrong, they finished recording the last episode today.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-06-09 at 14:42.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 01:17   Link #3308
stardrago

Say does anyone know were or can someone put up and watch episodes 1 and 2; the separate ones that feature new scences, like on tudou or dailymotion? If so pm me were I can find them or a link to them, thanks.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 08:45   Link #3309
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I started this series last week. It is alright I guess, and entertaining. I'm on episode 8 right now

Getting tired of Mikono assuming stuff & getting flustered. Then have to go through a lot of crap to tell her it was a misunderstanding.

Last edited by The Butcher; 2012-06-11 at 16:55.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 11:25   Link #3310
Destined_Fate

It doesn't get better.

Enjoy the worst trolling of your life, it'll only get worse as you get to the later episodes. Also, no refunds.
Old 2012-06-11, 16:57   Link #3311
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It doesn't get better.

Enjoy the worst trolling of your life, it'll only get worse as you get to the later episodes. Also, no refunds.
Well, I knew it wouldn't get any better.

I'm still going to watch it though. From the looks of it I just expected it to stay at a decent level, and not fall in quality.

Hopefully it won't fall though.

Gotta love those sexual references though.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 21:40   Link #3312
Destined_Fate

Looks can be deceiving, though go ahead and keep watching. It's an experience all right, maybe it can even serve as a guide on what not to do in a sequel.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:22   Link #3313
OMG_Zerg_Rush

So recently Kawamori had to defend mikono in a interview and it got me wondering , has anything like this happened before? As in a shows creator having to defend a character from the shows fan base? This post isn't a swipe against Mikono or her fans I'm just curious.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:27   Link #3314
Destined_Fate

It has happened in other series and almost always the creator ends up failing to appeal to the fanbase. Words never work, only actions and Kawamori has shown a lack of action to put Mikono into good graces with the fanbase.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:35   Link #3315
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I honestly can't think of many anime examples where a character was intended to be well-liked/supported, but ended up being disliked by the fans.

I have seen the opposite though - Anno intended Rei Ayanami to be creepy and disturbing, but she became a highly popular otaku icon.

Edit: Oh, wait, there was the infamous Kannagi incident. That was a bit different than this, though, as I think this has been Mikono slowly but surely turning off fans, whereas with the Kannagi incident it was one particular revelation setting off a bomb. With Kannagi, the hate probably wouldn't have happened without said revelation. With Mikono, it's more of a "death by a thousand cuts" sort of deal.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:41   Link #3316
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I honestly can't think of many anime examples where a character was intended to be well-liked/supported, but ended up being disliked by the fans.

I have seen the opposite though - Anno intended Rei Ayanami to be creepy and disturbing, but she became a highly popular otaku icon.
I don't know if Shinji was intended to be liked but I really really hated him. I dropped the show because of him. I liked Rei though.

I really detested Yuuki from VK. But it's a problem I often have with generic Shoujo girl. (Thankfully there are still good ones here and there).
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 12:56   Link #3317
Destined_Fate

Shinji was intended to be liked and he was for the most part, though he has "moments". They seem to have remade Shinji into a far more likeable image for the movies that are disregarding the old series and making its own Movie canon which has changed a lot of characters for the better, taken out some "events", and took out a lot of needless angsting from the cast.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:45   Link #3318
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Well, I knew it wouldn't get any better.

I'm still going to watch it though. From the looks of it I just expected it to stay at a decent level, and not fall in quality.

Hopefully it won't fall though.

Gotta love those sexual references though.
The series has some serious flaws in the writing, but is still enjoyable. There are also some good "troll the audience" moments. I'm very fond of the series and have been watching keenly every week. Just don't expect a masterpiece of plotting...The writers tend to sacrifice characterisation and good sense for the sake of making the plot run the way they want it to.

The art and music remain great throughout the series, though.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 09:30   Link #3319
tetsuo69

the anime was bad, it had a lot of potential but the main character is really ##$#% annoying.
the only thing I really enjoy was the music. if I had to rate

music - 9/10
story - 5/10
characters - 6/10 - main lead makes it bad.
Old 2013-07-30, 07:01   Link #3320
Archaeon

I actually like the first season Aquarion casts rather than Evol. Chemistry between Apollo x Silvie is so much better than Amata x Mikono
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction