AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-08, 16:32   Link #61
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
I would say sayla, she had a big part in msg but nothing after that (granted its because of her voice actor but still), Johnny raiden (sp?) was another one as well, excellent pilot but little development besides that he shot down over 180 enemy units in the last battle of the oyw.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 17:16   Link #62
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Shani OWNED Freedom........twice....
So? That doesn't make him any less of a n00b scrub pilot.
Old 2006-04-08, 17:55   Link #63
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
I would say sayla, she had a big part in msg but nothing after that (granted its because of her voice actor but still), Johnny raiden (sp?) was another one as well, excellent pilot but little development besides that he shot down over 180 enemy units in the last battle of the oyw.
sayla is put right up right up there with char and amuro. johnny raiden shot down around 180 enemies in the whole one year war not in the last battle.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 19:12   Link #64
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

has everyone thought of Amuro relatively underrated in comparison to Char? I mean the guy deserves more fan votes than someone he always takes down
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 21:11   Link #65
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Orga and Shani were n00bs. But Clotho was l33t. He was always like "AAAAAAAH! MOTHERF*CKER!" If he was on this forum I would give him rep.
You're just jealous because I would rather screw Orga or sandwich him in a threesome with a lesbian friend than I would do those things with you.

... uhm, anyway, back on topic...
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 21:16   Link #66
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
has everyone thought of Amuro relatively underrated in comparison to Char? I mean the guy deserves more fan votes than someone he always takes down
Everyone in Gundam is underrated compared to Char.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 02:41   Link #67
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Just as most people like Darth Vader better then Skywalker. The evil/bad guy is almost always more popular, wonder why, maybe because we are all evil deep down inside?

But back to the topic, no I don't think Amuro is under rated, his name is just as well known as Char's and both are synonymous with the gundam series. No one can really call themself a gundam enthuaist if they don't at least know who those two are.

as for Johnny raiden, no I remmber the narrator saying that he shot down over 100+ units during that last great battle, they don't have to be MS, the federation has plenty of public and ball units who's only offensive ability is a few canons and the pilots balls. (that did not sound right) it doesn't take much to shoot those down.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 01:20   Link #68
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Bright Noa (Gundam series)-
Captain Bright Noa from Mobile Suit Z Gundam and ZZ Gundam. He's very cool an reserved as a captain. cooler than any captain I've seen in Gundam. Remember that Noa ordered that a colony full of civilians and children be destroyed despite Judau's objections in a ZZ gundam episode?

Like any soldier, he understands sometimes that sacrifices must be made in order to achieve goals. He knows that civilians would die but he realizes that the ends justify the means.

He's willing to make decisions, take responsibility and be prepared for the consequences. He acted in an usually professional way. He hardly tolerates rule-breakers, especially children although he understands their actions. However, he takes matters serously and disciplines troublemakers when necessary.

For example, Noa slapped his son Hathaway for being rash in Char's Counterattack. Way to go, Bright. He also had Camille or Judau isolated in a cell to discipline them.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 01:44   Link #69
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I think Cima Garahau is pretty underrated for a pilot as well...I mean, sure the time she beat Kou was mainly because of his brashness in taking out an incomplete GP01 (since he lacked the Full Vernian parts), but I'm sure, even then, she would've been good enough (at the time) to defeat him. Hell, if it weren't for Burning flying in at the last second, there probably wouldn't even be a GP01 left over to upgrade or a Kou to pilot the GP03, lol.

Chara Soon is a pretty rarely named pilot. Piloting one of the most powerful, intended-to-be Mass Production MS and taking out all the remaining Mass Production Qubeley's piloted by Pie Two clones all by herself after fighting the previous Mass Production Qubeley's and the Quin Mantha and Doven Wolf MS.

Mashymre Cello is defiitely underrated...I mean...were it not for the interference of the Doven Wolf mobile suits, he probably could have potentially defeated Pie Two in the Quin Mantha all by himself...in a less powerful Zaku III Custom, no less. I mean, he DID manage to slice its chest and avoid most of its attacks and even Pie Two was shocked, saying that he wasn't normal.

I think I said it before, but Haman Karn. I mean...using the exact same Qubeley, she managed to overcome or at least match almost every opponent she ever faced. Hyaku Shiki, Palace Athena, Bolinoak Sammahn, The O, Zeta and Double Zeta Gundam. Even heavily damaging the ZZ Gundam before dying. By then, I think it'd be safe to say that the original Qubeley would be pretty outdated. But even so, taking the full force of the ZZ's high mega cannon and only having a few broken areas and a missing shoulder is no small feat at all.

Elle Vianno and Roux Rouka are both pretty underrated in terms of piloting. I mean, even piloting something as SEVERELY outdated as the Gundam Mark II (even worse off in ZZ since it didn't have the G-Defenser), Elle managed to fight quite well after a few episodes and managed to last until the very end. (and, surprisingly, it wasn't as trashed) Roux, already being an, presumably, experienced pilot, managing to pilot the Zeta Gundam quite well throughout the war and even managing to perform pretty well in the Double Zeta those few times she used it.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 17:20   Link #70
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Thumbs down

Underated: Cagalli's gundam wielding ability, Heine Westenfuss, Luna, Tolle and Sai

Overrated: Shinn, Druggies in Destiny, and Yzak.
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 17:28   Link #71
tritoch

Katejina Roos from V Gundam. She's one heck of a killer pilot underrated cause of how her character was portrayed.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 17:35   Link #72
lt_shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
So? That doesn't make him any less of a n00b scrub pilot.
Well yea, got to respect anyone that can overpower the Freedom.
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 17:39   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frok
Underated: Cagalli's gundam wielding ability, Heine Westenfuss, Luna, Tolle and Sai

Overrated: Shinn, Druggies in Destiny, and Yzak.
Whats so great about cagalis pilot Skills ? She shot down 6 or so grunts in GS+GSD and got pwned by Shinn

And Shinn isnt overrated, if anything he is underrated
Old 2006-08-05, 21:44   Link #74
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Whats so great about cagalis pilot Skills ? She shot down 6 or so grunts in GS+GSD and got pwned by Shinn

And Shinn isnt overrated, if anything he is underrated
Fine, the director could've made Cagalli or Luna at least as good as the boyz.
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 04:06   Link #75
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Seabook Arno - Probably about 10% of the people here know about him (at most) or would even bother comparing him to any of the better known pilots.

Dearka - Being reduced to using a grunt level suit in GSD. No idea if he ever got back up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Mashymre Cello is defiitely underrated...I mean...were it not for the interference of the Doven Wolf mobile suits, he probably could have potentially defeated Pie Two in the Quin Mantha all by himself...in a less powerful Zaku III Custom, no less. I mean, he DID manage to slice its chest and avoid most of its attacks and even Pie Two was shocked, saying that he wasn't normal.
He's the most underrated of all.

Quote:
Haman Karn
I don't think she's underrated at all. She's usually in the top in the gundam polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolrush
Apolly ( had nice showing with the Zeta and the Dias but was ended up being Fas babysitter. ouch.)
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dz36
Elipe Puru (double zeta) i dont care she was the best pilot in that show especially for her age and could've beat Judau if they ever really fought hard.
So how does this make her underrated?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 04:11   Link #76
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I think Norris and Zechs are underrated as pilots. there both top five of all time.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 05:00   Link #77
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Zech's is known as and considered a legendary figure by many, he was as widely known of as Treize. How is he underrated?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 05:04   Link #78
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Neither of them are really underated by any means. >.>

Zech's is known as and considered a legendary figure by many, he was as widely known of as Treize. Noin was considered one of the greatest pilot theory instructors in the EA and OZ forces. How are they underated?
Er.....What the?

Who are you replying to anyway? I don't see any Noin.

Besides, underrated isn't neccesary literal, as in Johnny Ridden underrated.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 05:05   Link #79
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

geh... I misread Norris as Noin for some unexplicable reason. >.<
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 08:00   Link #80
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Tolle from Gundam Seed, man this guy was a 15 year old natural who never piloted before and he did a great job. But now no body remembers him....

Appolli and Roberto, cool pilots that are remnants of Zeon and loyal to Char and AEUG. But overshadowed...they're better than Emma Sheen for sure.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote