AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-24, 17:20   Link #401
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And while we're at it, track five! Last post for the night. Looots of Keroko development, and a few Rogues introduced.

Spoiler for Track 5 - Report to Carim:

What can I say? I'm a gluton for drama.

Sleepy time now. Will continue work on Keroko's bio in the weekend.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-05-24 at 17:41.
Old 2007-05-24, 17:35   Link #402
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And while we're at it, track five! Last post for the night. Looots of Keroko development, and a few Rogues introduced.

Beautiful Simply Beautiful. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with some drama, nothing at all.
Old 2007-05-24, 20:26   Link #403
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Arnie the Friendly Necron.... I am both fascinated and terrified with the idea.

Fascination seems to be winning, though.

Oh, and one teeeeny tiny detail. Keroko already knows Carim, in fact she has been doing jobs for the order every once in a while. Her job in the TSAB doesn't allow her to work full-time, but she has expressed interest in joining the order as a knight (I need to finish the StrikerS part of Keroko's bio, that would help to avoid confusion. Almost weekend.).

Now back to pulling and tweaking the timeline for the Rogue's encounter before you post yet another part.
Dual-wielding Gauss BREAKERS, hero regeneration, Linker Core-powered uberness, and Austrian accent (Hasta'la vista, Buggy!) FTW!

Ah okay. I suppose that that exchange can be interpretted as Carim knows her, but she's surprised that Keroko found out that the Church was dealing with the threat when she took pains to hide it even from her right-hand cleric Schach Nouera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
oddly enough, the whole Necrons as evolutions of the Gadget drones concept taken to the most pextreme logical possibility is alarming. More, I see that it seems to be a common enemy against whom even the most overpowered of our submitted characters can have their time in the sun without undue disruption...

As in....

Spoiler for length:

GG GAR!

Is this Brown? I see that being the C'Tan talking. Now if someone is to defect, and we get a heck lot more drama, I'm so going to turn this into a full AS Nanoha-WH40K fic.

Oh btw, now I suppose if Brown needs a power-up, I guess Glock would be able to offer his S-stone for the most insane HIKARI NI NARE!!!!!!
Quote:
Long story short: Lowegear used a Necron cameo. Kha's inspiration took hold, Lowe decided to ad his 2 cents and I decided to use the oportunity as well. Things spiraled of from there.
Guilty as charged. But Kikaifan has a point; I think I'll start posting the SS in the FF thread to reduce clutter here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
I see the mention of a Cassandra and a Cass. are they 2 different people or same person? and the Alex mentioned would that happen to be the Alex that I posted or another one.

Sorry for asking possibly obvious questions. I must confess that I have lost track of all of the names of everyones characters and their devices... sorry
They are one and the same. I suddenly thought of making Alex and Cass adoptive parents of Allie towards the end of the Track as a way of involving both of them, as well as tie more characters to this cimbined Fic in progress.

I hope USB500 realizes that his characters are being summoned too.

Quote:

Bravo! Just what I was looking for! That last bit at the back came as a surprise though. The great Dragon is still a girl after all, despite what her reputation insists. Now to see what the others have in mind, and after that I'll spin the web again.

But you really got me worried there. How did Kha's team, and a fragile Velka Carryall, survive 4 squads of Warriors? Even with Salvation and Kha making himself as big a target board as possible, dragonfire > living metal, everyone else being quick on their feet and "Archer" Sophia taking out squads in one blow, that seems like a stretch to be unscathed when you're outnumbered 8 to 1. I left out the Immortal, Lord and Flayer units to nerf the enemy forces a little, and I hope its enough, for I assume the Gauss Flayers weren't designed to take out magical barriers quickly.

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-24 at 20:38.
Old 2007-05-24, 20:45   Link #404
Ratler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
They are one and the same. I suddenly thought of making Alex and Cass adoptive parents of Allie towards the end of the Track as a way of involving both of them, as well as tie more characters to this cimbined Fic in progress.
ok good to know... I don't think that them having a kid would work Nether of them are at base to often especially not at the same time...I guess I was a little slow in getting the profile updated and posted....

well i guess here is as good a place as any....

Spoiler for Alex Profile Full Update:

sorry i didn't get this posted sooner
Old 2007-05-24, 21:06   Link #405
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I won't so much that the Raumritter suddenly make a comeback. Give time for the Regional Guard to grow.

Well for the SS I'll be using that, but for the fic, if I get round to it, I hope to just use Visitors and keep the readers guessing.

Ah I see. Then the exorcism would really yank the soul out, and leave the circuits there. Now if Kha and Aurion combine their skills, we might be looking at Arnie the Friendly Necron.
Arnie? I'm not sure whether to be more afraid of the very idea of a friendly Necron, or at the name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Spoiler for Track 4 - Nanoha CrosiS:

As you can see, I've pretty much mobilized the entire thread's characters in on this one. Apologies for referring to them without permission.
Wow, FIRST GRADE EPIC we have here Everyone of the OC's have been mobilized for a war against an enemy in the same caliber as Lost Logia I wonder how many more of us would like to jump in this grand quest of ours?

On a side note... Kay is not really happy about what Artei calls her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
oddly enough, the whole Necrons as evolutions of the Gadget drones concept taken to the most pextreme logical possibility is alarming. More, I see that it seems to be a common enemy against whom even the most overpowered of our submitted characters can have their time in the sun without undue disruption...

As in....

Spoiler for length:
Holy GGG, Some awesome attacks you got there

And yes, the Necrons as the OC's version of the Gadget Drones is somewhat a nice analogy. Where Gadget Drones can nullify magic, Necrons are simply unstoppable. Although yes, they do provide for a nice very powerful enemy for the OC's that doesn't detract from the main threat of the Lost Logias. Afterall, they may be efficient at slaughtering everything in their path, but Necrons aren't exactly time-space dimension destroyers

I like where your scenario is going though, the Necrons trying to convince Brown... would that voice be a Pariah or so? More please

Quote:
WOW I go to sleep and this is what happens..... maybe i should sleep more often

@LoweGear I love the profiles, how on earth do yo churn them out so fast?

Edit: If someone could be kind enough to list them for me that would be greatly appreciated. Or maybe if each person would list their creations names and devices that would work as well thanks and sorry for asking so much

O a small personality profile on Alex will be posted soon FYI and I think Fuyu is almost done with Cass's as well.
Like they say, you can't stop inspiration

I might be willing to do that, but I'm still waiting on your device description, which you asked me to illustrate

Quote:

I like how ironic it is that Keroko aka DeathWing conversed with the unliving embodiment of Death itself, aka the Nightbringer And more drama doesn't hurt at all ^^

--------

I think I'm also guilty of going on the far end of profile making (my profiles read more like fanfics, which I never intended them to be). Although if taken as a whole, they really are just a small part of a profile. It's just that I feel that the best way to describe a character's personality is to show it

Part V should be coming up, continuing on Glock's past ^^

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:13   Link #406
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Ok. It took me a while, but here's a personality profile of Cass. It also includes a glimpse on her free time.

Spoiler for Personality Profile:

Comments will be appreciated
Old 2007-05-24, 21:32   Link #407
Ratler

@LoweGear ^^ I am tring to get a description for you ASAP. The only problem is ... I am still tring to design it in my head, so far every idea I come up with has been used by someone in the anime lol (I try my best not to copy thing) I sat down and designed the staff in my head and when it looked like Hayate's staff with a blue crystal head instead of gold lol but if ui don't come up with something better I will go with that but ill alter it some more ^^
Old 2007-05-24, 21:40   Link #408
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@LoweGear ^^ I am tring to get a description for you ASAP. The only problem is ... I am still tring to design it in my head, so far every idea I come up with has been used by someone in the anime lol (I try my best not to copy thing) I sat down and designed the staff in my head and when it looked like Hayate's staff with a blue crystal head instead of gold lol but if ui don't come up with something better I will go with that but ill alter it some more ^^

It's difficult to NOT copy from everything nowadays; you design something and say it's original, only to find out that elements of it were already present in something else. All you can do is make sure yours is as sincerely unique as possible, and use the things you see around you as inspiration, and not to think of them as something you're copying. Don't worry, take your time to come up with a good description of an original design for the device.

And is that a challenge to design Ryu?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:52   Link #409
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's difficult to NOT copy from everything nowadays; you design something and say it's original, only to find out that elements of it were already present in something else. All you can do is make sure yours is as sincerely unique as possible, and use the things you see around you as inspiration, and not to think of them as something you're copying. Don't worry, take your time to come up with a good description of an original design for the device.
Alternatively, you can just not care if you're copying something and just try to make it as interesting as possible. I ended up copying alot for my characters. Heck, one of them is pretty much a carbon-copy of Hayate(nobody noticed though).

…though now that I'm reading over what I wrote, I think I might just be copying what you said.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:55   Link #410
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Alternatively, you can just not care if you're copying something and just try to make it as interesting as possible. I ended up copying alot for my characters. Heck, one of them is pretty much a carbon-copy of Hayate(nobody noticed though).

…though now that I'm reading over what I wrote, I think I might just be copying what you said.
You're also correct in that aspect. Sometimes the best things are the ones that take old established ideas and make then interesting. Originality is good, but sometimes we need to know that we can identify with something familiar in something new.

And I find your last statement very ironic

Old 2007-05-24, 21:59   Link #411
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
ok good to know... I don't think that them having a kid would work Nether of them are at base to often especially not at the same time...I guess I was a little slow in getting the profile updated and posted....

well i guess here is as good a place as any....

Spoiler for Alex Profile Full Update:

sorry i didn't get this posted sooner
Ah no problem. Is it okay for Alex and Cass to adopt the kid? Because she's in Kha's company most of the time, until Alex and Cass are off-duty, if you allow it, when she normally returns home to her foster family.

Quote:
Arnie? I'm not sure whether to be more afraid of the very idea of a friendly Necron, or at the name

Wow, FIRST GRADE EPIC we have here Everyone of the OC's have been mobilized for a war against an enemy in the same caliber as Lost Logia I wonder how many more of us would like to jump in this grand quest of ours?

On a side note... Kay is not really happy about what Artei calls her...
Be very afraid...

I hope everyone can pitch in. It's fun!

She wasn't supposed to. And not Asuka either. Poor Zao...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Ok. It took me a while, but here's a personality profile of Cass. It also includes a glimpse on her free time.

Spoiler for Personality Profile:

Comments will be appreciated
Ahh... Touching. Fleshes out Cass a lot btw. Can see multa sweet-wife-ness too (can't think of a better word... ). Alex is a really lucky man, deshou?

Oh and I made Allison the adopted child of both Alex and Cass who also returns home when the adults are on off leave. Her interaction was hinted at in my latest SS Track, and Ratler highlighted some possible difficulties, but I've ways to accomodate if both of you agree. Otherwise I'll just reattach her to someone else. What do you think?

BTW, I've reposted the consolidated and mildly formatted CrosyS SS tracks in the Fanfic thread here. I'll post the full thing there while some char devt here.
Old 2007-05-24, 22:50   Link #412
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@ Ratler and Fuyu: More interesting connections with your couple there, rather touching and sweet I must say, an inspiration to all married out there

@ Kha: Shinji might take a liking to Artei, Rey wouldn't care too much though. But if Artei ever mentions Kay like that he'll get a Sonic Breaker up his ass

Old 2007-05-24, 23:21   Link #413
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

@Kha and Lowe: Thanks ^^. They are a really reaaaaally young couple, so they still have a very romantic vision of each other.

Actually, I'd say Cass is very lucky girl. Not many guys like Alex out there ><.

About the kid adopting thing: Not sure it would work . They are quite young and having kids means a lot of responsabilities, not to mention time to raise the kids. Sorry about that ><.
Old 2007-05-25, 00:07   Link #414
Ratler

@Kha Ya I'm not sure that the Kid thing would work, for both existing story and incharacter reasons, Alex would feel honorably guilty if he adopted a child and both him and Cass are not there to take care if said child. Sorry

@LoweGear 1. I see your point I guess i will go back to my original design and finish that up and see what happons.
Quote:
And is that a challenge to design Ryu?
Ano... it wasent intended to but if you want to I would not be against it and who know I might like your idea better than mine^^

@LoweGear 2. ^^ thanks for the comment about Alex and Cass^^
Old 2007-05-25, 00:28   Link #415
Aaron008R

Quote:
I won't so much that the Raumritter suddenly make a comeback. Give time for the Regional Guard to grow.

Well for the SS I'll be using that, but for the fic, if I get round to it, I hope to just use Visitors and keep the readers guessing.

Ah I see. Then the exorcism would really yank the soul out, and leave the circuits there. Now if Kha and Aurion combine their skills, we might be looking at Arnie the Friendly Necron.
Are you sure you want to go throught with this?

Quote:
I see... I've no idea what happened really... But knowing Toh- I mean Sophia better not ask.
Let's just say Sophia is now much more friendly with Aurion.

Quote:
Spoiler for Track 4 - Nanoha CrosiS:

As you can see, I've pretty much mobilized the entire thread's characters in on this one. Apologies for referring to them without permission.
No problem for me. I was actually planning on asking you people to include my character in the fun. Though I would appreciate it if you kept Aurion as a comic background and tech support character than a frontliner. As can be seen in his profile, he rarely goes in headfirst and would rather give tactical info (and sometimes, support fire), giving his teammates the kills. Of course, he would do just as well as a character who could bail out the others in case of a pinch. Sorry about the demands. But I still have plans for his interactions for the new characters I'm going to make; so I'd rather he be an Urahara (BLEACH reference) for now. Thanks anyway. I'd also like to provide short scenarios sometimes, if you don't mind.

@LoweGear: Really amazing work! Looks like your plot is starting to thicken as well. I'll be looking forward to more. Good job!

@Keroko: Well, I never expected Keroko to be the squad's little princess. Quite a heartbreaking experience for her though. I hope she pulls back soon.

@Fuyu: *chuckle* I guess that's the charm of youthful relationships. Despite being already married, Cass still acts like a lovestruck schoolgirl. I'm really liking it. Good work, Fuyu!

@Ratler: Same goes for Alex. After reading your improved profile, I'm really impressed. My favorite parts are about the library, Cassandra and the new cadets. Very well done, Ratler.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-25 at 00:52.
Old 2007-05-25, 00:40   Link #416
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@ Ratler: So you don't mind if I give it a shot then?

And after some delay, here's Part V of the profile... so far though, this is the most fanfic-like profile I've written yet

Spoiler for length:

Part VI coming soon.

Old 2007-05-25, 00:45   Link #417
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
EDIT: Hi I'm Darco... NOT. Geass'd the Emp again, so it's really Kha here. Hehehehe...

Quote:
@ Kha: Shinji might take a liking to Artei, Rey wouldn't care too much though. But if Artei ever mentions Kay like that he'll get a Sonic Breaker up his ass
Noted. You can do up Artei and Kay bit if you like, since this is a combined project, and Kay's the one who knows most about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
About the kid adopting thing: Not sure it would work . They are quite young and having kids means a lot of responsabilities, not to mention time to raise the kids. Sorry about that ><.
Quote:
@Kha Ya I'm not sure that the Kid thing would work, for both existing story and incharacter reasons, Alex would feel honorably guilty if he adopted a child and both him and Cass are not there to take care if said child. Sorry.
Oh that's a pity. How about her knowing them as nice neighbours who just seldom come home? I'm trying to find a way to bring them into this, unless you two want out. It's okay if that's so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Are you sure you want to go throught with this?

Let's just say Sophia is now much more friendly with Aurion now.

No problem for me. I was actually planning on asking you people to include my character in the fun. Though I would appreciate it if you kept Aurion as a comic background and tech support character than a frontliner. As can be seen in his profile, he rarely goes in headfirst and would rather give tactical info (and sometimes, support fire), giving his teammates the kills. Of course, he would do just as well as a character who could bail out the others in case of a pinch. Sorry about the demands. But I still have plans for his interactions for the new characters I'm going to make; so I'd rather he be an Urahara (BLEACH reference) for now. Thanks anyway. I'd also like to provide short scenarios sometimes, if you don't mind.
Maybe yes, for the sheer heck of the kick.

Ah-ha...

Yay just as I thought! I see the 21st, and Pendragon and Anna being directly involved (And the joke "We've got the entire Holy Grail War on our side"), while David might have an appearance, not sure on who's side, Glock once I figure him out, meanwhile trying to figure out how to involve the other chars who've appeared here but yet to have a follow-up.

Aaron, you can do the Sandal-hat dude interactions, esp if you have an idea of what all this is about.
Old 2007-05-25, 01:05   Link #418
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
EDIT: Hi I'm Darco... NOT. Geass'd the Emp again, so it's really Kha here. Hehehehe...
Still, I'm more inclined to believe that you and Kha know each other personally rather than you can be Geass'ed again and again. The head conk was at least more believeable.

Quote:
Maybe yes, for the sheer heck of the kick.
Then, should he know how to sing?

Quote:
Ah-ha...
This is Nanohaverse!!!

Quote:
Aaron, you can do the Sandal-hat dude interactions, esp if you have an idea of what all this is about.
I'm unsure on how to properly reply to that statement. I'm not completely clueless, if that's what you mean.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-25, 01:07   Link #419
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
@Fuyu: *chuckle* I guess that's the charm of youthful relationships. Despite being already married, Cass still acts like a lovestruck schoolgirl. I'm really liking it. Good work, Fuyu!

@Ratler: Same goes for Alex. After reading your improved profile, I'm really impressed. My favorite parts are about the library, Cassandra and the new cadets. Very well done, Ratler.
I guess so ^^

Thanks for the compliment, I'm trying to portray her as best as I can.

Quote:
@ Ratler: So you don't mind if I give it a shot then?

And after some delay, here's Part V of the profile... so far though, this is the most fanfic-like profile I've written yet

Spoiler for length:

Part VI coming soon.
It may be fanfic-like, but it's really good. Keep it up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Oh that's a pity. How about her knowing them as nice neighbours who just seldom come home? I'm trying to find a way to bring them into this, unless you two want out. It's okay if that's so.
i think we'll call it quits ^^. They're not ready to have children just yet.
Old 2007-05-25, 01:10   Link #420
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Still, I'm more inclined to believe that you and Kha know each other personally rather than you can be Geass'ed again and again. The head conk was at least more believeable.
Just to point out that was not me..... my post is almost never that long winded :P

Certain evil third prince of the empire forgot to log out before posting.......
Closed Thread