AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 06:37   Link #1021
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
Are my eyes fooling me or are there going to be new cgs in the PE? http://ameblo.jp/g-ig-i/image-114006...278203714.html Here's the source I found it from.
The sprites looked really fixed.

Damnit... how long before we get to see it in English?!??!?!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 20:38   Link #1022
matrixhazard

Quote:
Are my eyes fooling me or are there going to be new cgs in the PE? http://ameblo.jp/g-ig-i/image-114006...278203714.html Here's the source I found it from.
Is the game already has a screen size for 16:9 or it is still 4:3 ?

Looking from the CG it is still 4:3 but I don't mind much.
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:00   Link #1023
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Is the game already has a screen size for 16:9 or it is still 4:3 ?

Looking from the CG it is still 4:3 but I don't mind much.
4:3, same as original.
And here OP:
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 23:31   Link #1024
Kaiba

Well, I guess I'm asking for a walkthrough, because now I'm completely confused.

Finished Refrain, got what I think was the ending with you and Rin at the hospital.....but now it's still Refrain on the title screen? So I guess I'm not completely done?

And if you select "It's not enough", is there any way to survive aside from the "escape with rin" choice you picked already?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 03:52   Link #1025
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Well, I guess I'm asking for a walkthrough, because now I'm completely confused.

Finished Refrain, got what I think was the ending with you and Rin at the hospital.....but now it's still Refrain on the title screen? So I guess I'm not completely done?

And if you select "It's not enough", is there any way to survive aside from the "escape with rin" choice you picked already?
I'm not exactly sure what's going on so I'll just write how the endgame part goes normally:

Spoiler for endgame:

That covers everything, you should be ok if you do it like that.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 05:02   Link #1026
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:

Let's see...

> Save the others
> Break some twigs
> Do not rescue Kyousuke until you feel it in your gut
> Don't get furniture

ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 10:48   Link #1027
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Spoiler for endgame:
Spoiler for For thoughts:
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 11:50   Link #1028
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Spoiler for For thoughts:
Spoiler for more thoughts:
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 12:52   Link #1029
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Spoiler for more thoughts:
Man...Anego x Riki is canon...

Because screw you, I'm always right...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 17:38   Link #1030
Kaiba

Ah, yeah, finally get the ending. So I guess I completed it.

It's not a bad visual novel, I guess. Clannad was better, not to mention Nasu's works and G-Senjou. There really weren't any moments which made me even think about tearing up, though perhaps I might have at the end if my brain wasn't just screaming "YOU DID NOT LET KUD DIE, KYOANI!!!"

Needless to say, I liked Kud. A lot. I liked Mio and Haruka's as well, which was definitely a surprise for the latter because I found Haruka really annoying at first. Komari and Rin's were just too creepy, and I still have no idea what happened in Yui-chan's route.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 18:51   Link #1031
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Ah, yeah, finally get the ending. So I guess I completed it.

It's not a bad visual novel, I guess. Clannad was better, not to mention Nasu's works and G-Senjou. There really weren't any moments which made me even think about tearing up, though perhaps I might have at the end if my brain wasn't just screaming "YOU DID NOT LET KUD DIE, KYOANI!!!"

Needless to say, I liked Kud. A lot. I liked Mio and Haruka's as well, which was definitely a surprise for the latter because I found Haruka really annoying at first. Komari and Rin's were just too creepy, and I still have no idea what happened in Yui-chan's route.
You should go get Anego's True ending then (simply play her route again).
Old 2012-11-22, 12:01   Link #1032
Mazyrian

Finished Little Busters! (Converted Edition particularly) a little while ago. My final thoughts are not in general very different from what others have said.
The common trunk is great. The comedy is hilarious; I actually preferred to see the interactions with the male friends than with the heroines. The gameplay is also fun; the battle ranking got old fast, but I kept playing the baseball game for most of the replays (and even managed to not totally suck at it).
The routes are... somewhat nice. Liked Mio and Komari (the most Key-ish ones). Kud has maybe the best romance but then far too much drama. Haruka has similar problems, though it does hit harder emotionally (it did kept me raging hard); it does drag a little, though. Kurugaya is hard to judge by itself, as is Rin. Rin did went off in a unexpected (and interesting) direction.
Refrain is great again; however, though a particular scene managed to tear me up, overall I'd say that After Story packs more punch.
Still, even if only by the common trunk and Refrain, this becomes at least a Great tier VN.
And about the EX routes:
Sasami was nice; Sasami herself turned out much cuter than I had expected, especially considering she's a character type I'm not very fond of. However, her story makes the main story lose a bit of impact.
Kanata was a (worse) rehash of Haruka.
And Saya started slow but then became the best heroine route of the whole game; and unlike Sasami, it fitted really neat in the overall world.
Old 2012-11-23, 10:57   Link #1033
Jasque

What do I do?

Is that a virus?

Oh forget, guess I solved.
I think it was because there were too many programs opened, that left Little Busters in despair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

I dunno if this was posted before but it is without a doubt...the best thing ever...of all time.
migi migi hidari migi migi hidari
ASAP

Last edited by Jasque; 2012-11-23 at 12:10.
Jasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 23:41   Link #1034
Dizzyworld2

Can I kind person translate what it says under the "Special Offers"? http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/product/little/
Can I also know if the special offers are preorder bonuses and if there will be only one of the special offers will be included if you preorder it?
From what I can see (with my extremely poor Japanese reading skills), there is a 128 book with some title with Kyousuke's name one it, web drama CD, trading cards, and wallpapers.

I'm interested in purchasing a PE one day (new cgs, updates from CE) but if there is a preorder bonus that I'm interested in, I would like to purchase one asap XD//
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 00:13   Link #1035
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Can I kind person translate what it says under the "Special Offers"? http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/product/little/
Can I also know if the special offers are preorder bonuses and if there will be only one of the special offers will be included if you preorder it?
From what I can see (with my extremely poor Japanese reading skills), there is a 128 book with some title with Kyousuke's name one it, web drama CD, trading cards, and wallpapers.

I'm interested in purchasing a PE one day (new cgs, updates from CE) but if there is a preorder bonus that I'm interested in, I would like to purchase one asap XD//
All for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_...elease_history (bottom of this section)
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 12:35   Link #1036
novalysis

Just watched the Futaki reveal scene in the Haruka route.

Excuse me, I'd like to have

Spoiler for Madoka Magica Spoilers: Fate worse than Death:

Thank you.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 14:08   Link #1037
novalysis

Quote:
good one. I hated Futaki myself. She does redeem herself, well, sort of, at the end. At the time it wasn't enough and I still hated her, but I guess I accepted it with time.
Saw the end of the Haruka route. But seriously, some things that Futaki said were really, really over the top. I wonder whether whoever was pulling the strings behind Futaki (she wasn't on that bus that the rest of the Little Busters gang were in right?) did it on purpose, and whether, during the route, she was technically aware of the nature of the world they were in. If so, then some of her almost inexplicably over the top statements may have been actually attempts to do for her twin sister what Kyousuke also wanted to do for his sister, if she was there, or more over the top pitfalls laid down for Riki's benefit.
Old 2012-11-25, 14:22   Link #1038
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Saw the end of the Haruka route. But seriously, some things that Futaki said were really, really over the top. I wonder whether whoever was pulling the strings behind Futaki (she wasn't on that bus that the rest of the Little Busters gang were in right?) did it on purpose, and whether, during the route, she was technically aware of the nature of the world they were in. If so, then some of her almost inexplicably over the top statements may have been actually attempts to do for her twin sister what Kyousuke also wanted to do for his sister, if she was there, or more over the top pitfalls laid down for Riki's benefit.
Actually you bring up a good point. While the school trip was for all second years, the school bus could not have been carrying them all, in fact didn't Haruka sneak out of her bus and join the one with the rest of the LB members? If so, Haruka being the same class as Futaki means that Futaki would be in a different bus thus avoiding the accident...yet she not only appears in the dream world but also has her own route in Ex.
It could be that she wasn't the real Futaki but I dunno...for her to have her own route means that it really was her in the dream world.

Then again...there's a ton of info in the dream world that nobody should know about (like for example Haruka's father and the backstory with her mother and whatnot).
Old 2012-11-25, 14:34   Link #1039
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Actually you bring up a good point. While the school trip was for all second years, the school bus could not have been carrying them all, in fact didn't Haruka sneak out of her bus and join the one with the rest of the LB members? If so, Haruka being the same class as Futaki means that Futaki would be in a different bus thus avoiding the accident...yet she not only appears in the dream world but also has her own route in Ex.
It could be that she wasn't the real Futaki but I dunno...for her to have her own route means that it really was her in the dream world.

Then again...there's a ton of info in the dream world that nobody should know about (like for example Haruka's father and the backstory with her mother and whatnot).
I've also been thinking about it: was Kanata the real Kanata? And that also extends to everybody else besides Riki's class plus Haruka (or more probably only the Little Busters). You can make the point about Kanata: since the false world was created by the resonating wishes, Kanata would have had a wish linked with Haruka, so both were in the false world (and if I'm correct, Kanata scenes in the routes are locked after finishing Haruka's). Also, Kanata reconciled with Haruka fast after the accident, so it seems she remembered something from the false world.
On the other hand, if Kanata wasn't actually in the false world, she would have been false. She could have been created from what Haruka thought about her; and at the beginning she didn't think well of her at all, which could explain her harshness; and once Haruka reconciles in her interior with Kanata, she also softens.
Kanata having a route makes a strong case for her being real. On the other hand, Saya entered the false world in her own, in an irregular way. It could be that Kanata's route Kanata is different from Haruka's one. That seems somewhat of a stretch, though.
Old 2012-11-25, 21:47   Link #1040
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
I've also been thinking about it: was Kanata the real Kanata? And that also extends to everybody else besides Riki's class plus Haruka (or more probably only the Little Busters). You can make the point about Kanata: since the false world was created by the resonating wishes, Kanata would have had a wish linked with Haruka, so both were in the false world (and if I'm correct, Kanata scenes in the routes are locked after finishing Haruka's). Also, Kanata reconciled with Haruka fast after the accident, so it seems she remembered something from the false world.

On the other hand, if Kanata wasn't actually in the false world, she would have been false. She could have been created from what Haruka thought about her; and at the beginning she didn't think well of her at all, which could explain her harshness; and once Haruka reconciles in her interior with Kanata, she also softens.

Kanata having a route makes a strong case for her being real. On the other hand, Saya entered the false world in her own, in an irregular way. It could be that Kanata's route Kanata is different from Haruka's one. That seems somewhat of a stretch, though.
Perhaps, the times where Kanata was softer and more reasonable were the times that Haruka's resentment was not sufficient to lock Kanata out of the loop? I wonder whether Kanata somehow accessed the Dream World, at various points in Haruka's route. But at most other points, Kanata was an exaggerated caricature of Haruka's worst perceptions about her twin sister and her relatives. So, Kanata in Haruka's route was a struggle between the Real Kanata, and Haruka's view of Kanata. That's one possible interpretation, we'd probably never know whether the writers actually made this Kanata a fake, somehow the real Kanata, or perhaps a hybrid solution.

Also, there's a Huge Fridge Horror now that I think of Haruka's family life. Kanata is essentially giving over Haruka to be with her real mother - Haruka's family is another sacrifice (from Kanata's perspective) that Kanata makes for her twin sister.

It's just that I find that if the Kanata route is animated after Haruka, it will be hard for alot of viewers to take, because of the scenes where Kanata poses as Haruka, and Kanata's earlier attempts to "Kill-steal" from Haruka.

On another front, I've read speculations that Kud was fully aware of the truth of the world by the end of her route, and that she was actually offering to sacrifice herself so that the rest of the Little Busters may live in the real world.

It also makes me wonder about Kurugaya's true end. The way I see it, Kurugaya's true End and Kud Wafter takes place in alternative outcomes after the events of Refrain. I think the problem, and the Fridge Horror is, depending on how much memories those girls retained of Rin in the Dream World after waking, there's alot of hearts that will be broken.

I do think I can see in Little Busters where the inspiration for
Spoiler for Key's Next work :

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel