AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-22, 22:29   Link #1101
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Geisha Assassin This was just non stop action just one sword fight after anther its just to bad it was only 80mins with no dubs but it was only 5 bucks
Old 2012-12-23, 00:48   Link #1102
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

The Hobbit - Awesome! I WAS hoping for a lot more action, but the plot was great nonetheless. The movie-style was more like The Fellowship of the Rings and a lot less like the other 2 LOTR movies.

Taken 2 - Awesome as well! Liam Neeson is an epic actor. The movie was WAY too short imo (1 hr 30min or so). It was not as good as the first one (what movie ever is haha). There was a lot of expected scenes and good guy always win, but with Liam Neeson, he makes me love the movie regardless x)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 19:38   Link #1103
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Just saw Safety Not Guaranteed. Hilarious.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 19:11   Link #1104
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Les Miserables

I swear man, people were chopping a TON of onions in the movie theatre I was at. Not only once, but multiple times over the course of the film. The actors really sold it; Jackman, Crowe, and Hathaway delivered stellar performances.

I didn't like much of the younger main cast though, with the exception of the girl who did Eponine. A much more believable performance than say, Cosette or Marius, as it made me feel and heck even root for her character.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 01:59   Link #1105
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ looking forward to it myself. Have read a number of respected critics pan the movie though. I recently saw Goldeneye again for the first time in a very long time. Still love the film.. With a bit of new trivia learned care of imdb!

Apparently the Canadian Admiral that Xenia sleeps with and murders for his ID was originally supposed to be American but this was changed at the request of the Pentagon..
Old 2012-12-26, 02:14   Link #1106
Traece
:cool:

I saw Resident Evil: Retribution (it was Retribution, right? Eh...) yesterday.

Um... Or was it a video game? I'm not quite sure, since it seemed like it was a movie of a Resident Evil video game. That is to say that it was bad.

The bloopers reel was freaking hilarious though, and made me feel a lot better about the movie. So I recommend you skip the movie, but watch the bloopers reel! Also, dat Li BingBing. I don't know who you are but you are an attractive lady.
Old 2012-12-26, 02:45   Link #1107
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I saw Prometheus on the 21st, once we got the generator started since the power was out. Not what I'd pick, but I didn't really have a choice in the matter.
Old 2012-12-26, 07:33   Link #1108
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

New movies watched:

Skyfall: Very different then any other Bond film. I liked it.
Life of Pi: Very...interesting and original.

Movies rewatched over Christmas Eve/Day

A Bridge Too Far
The Bridge at Remagen
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Shrek Forever After
Kung Fu Panda

Endless "Bridges are important" Soul
Old 2012-12-26, 07:53   Link #1109
Casshern

Saw the Hobbit last week. Didn't particularly care much for it beforehand tbh. There was a woman next to me who reeked of wine and some jerks in the back talking loudly. All I can say is... mind blown. I didn't expect it would be this awesome. Imo it was better than Fellowship and Two Towers.

Anyone seen Cloud Atlas yet? I'm so anxious to see this but it's not out til Feb in the UK
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 11:22   Link #1110
Eragon
Still Alive

Saw 12 Angry Men yesterday. Man, what a movie! Such good direction, acting, music, atmosphere. I think the movie being in Black and White helped the atmosphere a lot.
Old 2012-12-26, 19:38   Link #1111
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Saw 12 Angry Men yesterday. Man, what a movie! Such good direction, acting, music, atmosphere. I think the movie being in Black and White helped the atmosphere a lot.
Did you watch the film to honor Jack Klugman's (Juror #5) life?

---

Saw 'Silver Lining Playbook' last night. While the romance felt very unearned (and ultimately unneeded and a little uninteresting), and the ending was ridiculously cheesy, there are some truly great performances throughout. Of note, Bradly Cooper's bi-polar Pat Peoples Solitano is a wonderfully realized dysfunctional individual trying desperately to reestablish some control over his life. Additionally, Robert De Niro gives one of his best performances in years as Pat's gambling-addicted potentially OCD father. Also, Danny Elfman's music shines throughout (a more subdued score from one of my favourite composers). Jennifer Lawrence's Tiffany, the young women who helps Pat reestablish some control over his life, is also somewhat well done; Lawrence has little to work with in a script that arbitrarily forces her to become a romantic interest where none was needed (Lawrence had a similar role in Jodie Foster's much maligned The Beaver, only Lawrence's role in that film had the needed depth to be interesting). Still, the great performances help to alleviate much of the story problems and help to elevate the film to a very solid feature. 70/100.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-01-12 at 11:40. Reason: typo...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 19:56   Link #1112
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's never a bad thing to watch something "magical" on Christmas, so I watched "The Slipper and the Rose". Again. It's one of the most charming movies I have ever watched. Granted, it's old (1976), so the quality is not exactly HD but I so love the costumes, the songs, and of course, Richard Chamberlain. I was a little infatuated with him when I watched Thorn Birds, because gahh, I was really blinded by his charisma. Perhaps I should not use past tense, but my feelings have faded away, though I still have lingering feelings of admiration for that man. Ok, back to the movie haha. Anyway, the plot may seem simple. I mean it is a fairy tale after all, so one might not expect much depth from it. This retelling of Cinderella is slightly different. There is more political feel to it than any other Cinderella films I have watched, so in a way, you can say it is both magical AND realistic (well, to a certain extent). The Cinderella in this version is not exactly the helpless female often found in other versions. A comparison can be drawn between this Cinderella and Drew Barrymore's portrayal in Ever After. They both fight for their happiness. The ending scene caught me off-guard.

The Slipper and the Rose is the perfect movie for one who wishes to take a step away from reality for just a few moments, one who is given to daydreaming, and one who is searching for her prince.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-12-26 at 20:07.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:44   Link #1113
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Did you watch the film to honor Jack Klugman's (Juror #5) life?
No, no I haven't seen it. What's the name of the movie?
Old 2012-12-27, 02:03   Link #1114
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
No, no I haven't seen it. What's the name of the movie?
No, Krugman played Juror #5 in 12 Angry Men.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:58   Link #1115
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

saw jack reacher over the weekend.

Tom cruise might be a nut but he is good actor and the movie was fun.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:10   Link #1116
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy, on the Two Towers right now.
Old 2013-01-11, 07:43   Link #1117
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy, on the Two Towers right now.
not so long ago i watched the entire trilogy myself, it is still very epic and awesome to watch them even though they came around 10 years ago
Old 2013-01-11, 14:12   Link #1118
seiftis
~defying fate

Saw Django Unchained recently. To me it was average, despite it getting high-ratings on sites. Certainly not as entertaining as Quentin's other work which is Inglorious Basterds.
Old 2013-01-11, 14:48   Link #1119
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
Saw Django Unchained recently. To me it was average, despite it getting high-ratings on sites. Certainly not as entertaining as Quentin's other work which is Inglorious Basterds.
Interestingly enough, other than Christoph Waltz's performance, I'd rate Inglorious Basterds as severely lacking. I haven't seen Django but people are telling me it's gorey and entertaining .. but nothing that will weather the ages. The movies that I really want to see now are Argo, Life of Pi, Les Misérables and Zero Dark Thirty. As for what I've seen recently: All of the Sean Connery James Bond Movies!
Old 2013-01-11, 14:59   Link #1120
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Interestingly enough, other than Christoph Waltz's performance, I'd rate Inglorious Basterds as severely lacking. I haven't seen Django but people are telling me it's gorey and entertaining .. but nothing that will weather the ages. The movies that I really want to see now are Argo, Life of Pi, Les Misérables and Zero Dark Thirty. As for what I've seen recently: All of the Sean Connery James Bond Movies!
Gorey? Nah, it's just some shooting here and there, that's about it.

Tags
live-action, movie, movies