AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 23:42   Link #301
Yye1
Wide Right

So, i finally found it on a Chinese streaming site, I liked it, did not notice the VA changes really, and I like how they gave the story behind how Ken became 1st from last

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock

Last edited by Yye1; 2012-10-14 at 00:05.
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:54   Link #302
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've been hearing various things about this season.. is it true that this is going to be original story and won't follow the novels?

oh and I missed the broadcast in nico last night ;_; damn grinding.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 03:44   Link #303
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:20   Link #304
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Just as I expected. Lots of them are complaining about the change of voice cast.
well probably just me but i dont feel any much different between chizuru and minatsu old and new voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I've been hearing various things about this season.. is it true that this is going to be original story and won't follow the novels?

oh and I missed the broadcast in nico last night ;_; damn grinding.
well S1 is not follow novel faithfully anyway. but pretty sure the general key story will be same.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 10:15   Link #305
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Old 2012-10-14, 11:07   Link #306
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As someone who was a big fan of the first season, color me greatly disappointed by the first episode of lv2.
Really, this episode has nearly nothing close to the charm the first season had. Well, it was "interesting" to see how Ken went through his studies to get in the student council and all, but his interactions with Minase were borderline painful to watch. Really, there was nearly no flair in their antics, and it basically felt bland.

Meanwhile, I didn't have much complaint for Mafuyu's new voice, but Chizuru is definitely different in a bad way: she hardly gives any "nee-san" vibes in the pack, and it is difficult to imagine the S1 antics with that voice.
Good ol' Kurimi and Minatsu are back, although having them for just few minutes in the first episode isn't quite satisfying. I sure hope it isn't a reboot, otherwise we might get some snorefest...
Old 2012-10-14, 11:11   Link #307
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

why do you guys think this is a reboot?

EDIT: by the way the "first" episode if episode 00 so we will get proper thing next week

Last edited by RRW; 2012-10-14 at 11:37.
Old 2012-10-14, 17:40   Link #308
Kakkou
Tch.

Chizuru's new voice is awful. I expected to hear something different but not different enough that she feels like a whole new character. Like Klashikari said her Nee-san vibe is hardly there. No, just no. Mafuyu's was not much to my liking either but that's mainly cause I loved her so much in season 1. Everyone else also sounded a little different, probably due to the seiyuu being given different directions on how to handle the characters.

Comedy wise... I'll wait till next week when things are actually focused on the group. Either way I'm going to treat this as a different series from the first, even if it is a direct continuation.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:59   Link #309
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

even though I wasn't the biggest Chizuru fan in S1, I have to agree that her voice is really unfitting. Makes her seem "generic", even though that's a dumb way to put it.
I was fine with Mafuyus voices though, who was actually my favorite in S1. Maybe it's because I already enjoyed her seiyu in SnO and some other shows, but it didn't make me miss her old voice, at least not nearly as much as with Chizuru.

I loved the concept of the 00 episode, even though his classmate who works at the shop was pretty annoying. It was really nice to see how Ken gave his best to join the council and changed as a person overall. I got chills when he opened the door at the end of the first half and confessed his everlasting love to the councils members, already loved that moment in S1.

The song at the ending, dunno if it's actually the OP or whatever, was really great and gave me a typical SnI kind of vibe, which I consider very important. Especially since the art fails a bit to deliver on that aspect, maybe I'm just imagining things, but they totally overdid Kaichous hairstyle for example, I think it was a lot more subtle in the original show. Reminded me kind of a lion.

Seriously, a great start overall. I'm just wondering where they'll pick up with the next episode. If we assume that the previous 12 eps equaled 1 year, then Mafuyu and Minatsu should have to transfer soon if they want to continue the show from where it left off. I hope they won't just ignore stuff like that and go solely with comedy for 12 episodes, SnIs plot/romance is actually pretty awesome and I would like to see it progress somehow - allthough that's probably depending more on the LN. After this first episode I've found hope again that they indeed might not completely ingore it, but let's see how it goes.

Also, hopfefully the raws will show up sooner next week, I really hate streaming sites, allthough there won't be much of a difference in quality with this airing of course.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:37   Link #310
Insane
Banned

WTF with Chizuru voice!? Her usual "onee-sama" vibe disappeared in an instant!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 20:31   Link #311
Candyshark

Staff changes are confusing. ANN listed that Mamiko and Ai not doing Todou siblings anymore. Will have to get used to new Chizuru and Mafuyu. And that new girl Minase gave me Kuwashima Houko's vibe. Her VA did really nice job hopefully more of her character will be in the future. Otherwise it was decent bridge episode.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 22:56   Link #312
starlol

Everyone sounded weird other than Ken and Kaichou.
Minase part is funny.
I can see myself shipping her with Ken.
I don't really like the idea of her also influence Ken to who he is right now.
It doesn't make the student council as 'special' to him as what I used to think.
Old 2012-10-15, 00:43   Link #313
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Staff changes are confusing. ANN listed that Mamiko and Ai not doing Todou siblings anymore. Will have to get used to new Chizuru and Mafuyu. And that new girl Minase gave me Kuwashima Houko's vibe. Her VA did really nice job hopefully more of her character will be in the future. Otherwise it was decent bridge episode.
I think Minase is voiced by houko Kuwashima.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 09:39   Link #314
DJlame

i cant find it
does anyone know where i can get eng subbed ones?
i dont care if i have to download it or not
DJlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 11:53   Link #315
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlame View Post
i cant find it
does anyone know where i can get eng subbed ones?
i dont care if i have to download it or not
nobody sub it yet

Old 2012-10-15, 13:07   Link #316
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The subbers seem to be waiting for raws. Once they get them, I think it'll be released in no time.
Old 2012-10-15, 13:13   Link #317
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The subbers seem to be waiting for raws. Once they get them, I think it'll be released in no time.
Raws have been out since it streamed. They're probably waiting for 720p natural raws, rather than the 360p stream crap that's available. In other words, wait until next season or the blurays.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:11   Link #318
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
WTF with Chizuru voice!? Her usual "onee-sama" vibe disappeared in an instant!
OH GOD NO.. Never in my worst nightmares did I over comprehend that this could happen .. I haven't even watched the episode yet and now I'm terrified..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:42   Link #319
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well apparently staircase is doing this soo there you go

Old 2012-10-16, 14:18   Link #320
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I don't think that any channel will broadcast it, at least this season

Does anyone know if the niconico stream is region locked? I hate to wait 6 weeks to start watching it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, parody, romantic comedy, shounen