AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-16, 01:32   Link #2101
Chase

Well that was fast.lol. Didn't expect an announcement like that. Its happening, all this PS4 goodness
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 04:05   Link #2102
Chosen_Hero

Well... Sony just made the move of the century, as if announcing FF7 and Shenmue 3 wasn't enough they get Kojima of all people to make an exclusive new franchise... the year of dreams continues, somewhere Huber is crying out of happiness.

Also:

Old 2015-12-16, 11:28   Link #2103
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The only thing I worry is that Sony is going to get really arrogant and slack off on doing the right things because they have such an advantage with consoles right now.

But can't deny it's a pretty huge move here. It's a win/win (although was never really a MGS fan) situation. Kojima is out from under the trainwreck that is Konami and can make the games he wants with his studio and PS4 owners will eventually get a new game (perhaps franchise) from a guy that many have enjoyed the games he's been involved in making.
Old 2015-12-16, 15:13   Link #2104
Academus

It is delighting to see Andrew House appears in the video with Kojima when just days ago Kojima was barred from accepting awards he and his team rightfully earned, by lawyers no less. It feels like Sony actually cares about games and respects gamemakers. Sony definitely got an amazing PR team.

I do wonder how long it will take Kojima to deliver the first game. Assuming a fresh start, it could take more than five years to deliver a triple-A title, which would push the time frame towards the end of this gen. Perhaps a next gen launch title?

17 Winter 17 Spring
16 Winter: E1&2 E3 Spring: Prep E7 Summer: Prep E1&2 16 Fall
15 Winter: E1&2 E5 Spring: Prep E6 Summer: Prep E7 Fall: Prep E5
14 Summer: E6 Fall: E4

Last edited by Academus; 2015-12-16 at 15:30.
Academus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 16:18   Link #2105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Barring any development issues, It won't take 5 years to develop a AAA game.

If they use Unreal 4 Engine it would take only 2-3 years if they start now.

If they're making a mid tier game, then definitely within 2 years.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 19:07   Link #2106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Interview with Hideo Kojima by IGN

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/12/1...and-the-future

Quote:
For its first project, Kojima said, "I’m thinking smaller-scale, not too many people, and focusing on game creation at first." From there, Kojima says it’s possible the studio could expand beyond games.

"The focus is on digital content, so we could consider movies, animations, anything," Kojima said. "But first I think people expect games from me. That’s where I want to put my focus. Once we have an established IP in games, something solid that satisfies people, then we can consider movies and videos."
Quote:
Kojima reiterated once more that he’s still interested in working with his Silent Hills partner Guillermo del Toro, whether it’s a game, film, anime, or something else entirely.
“We’ll have more agility,” he said. “We’ll be able to do things that are more edgy, preserving the quality we’ve had so far, while at the same time finding new challenges and exploring new areas.”

The Studio Still Hasn’t Decided What Game Engine to Use
Quote:
On why he went with Sony.

"It's thanks to Sony that I was able to make a splash in the global market. It's been 10-plus years since then and the working relationship at Sony, the people at Sony, we gel well. People at Sony have been friendly with me, I work well with them. I got several offers from many different companies, but with Sony it came to a point where I know these people, we know each other well. I feel like this is an environment where I will be able to make something and be comfortable. And I believe that is the environment I need right now."

Also the new rumor now is that the new game would have mechs involve, given that they're hiring people with knowledge of Military equipment and mecha.
Old 2015-12-17, 06:32   Link #2107
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Interview with Hideo Kojima by IGN

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/12/1...and-the-future

Also the new rumor now is that the new game would have mechs involve, given that they're hiring people with knowledge of Military equipment and mecha.
dogjdjdjfirjdjdjxjdidjejxjxjxjfkikzmzkso km zkxn...

W... what happened? I blacked out there for a minute, I... I don't know if I belive you, has Kojima finally decided to create a weapon to surpass Metal Gear? And we could possibly be the pilots... oh here it comes again...ahsjdjdjdxujsjxdjxjdjdjdjd........
Old 2015-12-17, 15:01   Link #2108
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well it's all just rumors at this point so don't take it all to heart
Old 2015-12-17, 21:38   Link #2109
Chosen_Hero

^ I know still if Kojima creates a game that let's us create and or customize our own Metal Gear like mech that would be amazing.
Old 2015-12-17, 22:05   Link #2110
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just hope he goes back to something like ZoE after all this time.
Old 2015-12-18, 02:13   Link #2111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elemen...ssion-unlocked

Quote:
If you’re only focussed on the profits immediately in front of you, the times will leave you behind,” he said. “It becomes impossible to catch up again.”

For Kojima, the future involves ridding himself of distracting responsibilities. “When working in big companies, especially Japanese companies, every little thing has to be approved beforehand, and you need paperwork to do anything,” he said. “Now that I’m independent, I can do what I want with much more speed. I don’t need to invest time in unnecessary presentations. I shoulder the risk.” He also relishes the chance to speak his mind. “When I was in a company, my personal statements could be taken as the over-all direction of the company. As such, I couldn’t say just anything.”

In the weeks following his departure from Konami, Kojima considered taking a mind-cleansing trip to a deserted island for a year. When he explained the plan to “a Hollywood friend,” he was cautioned against it. Kojima owed it to his own talent, the friend said, to keep up the pace. “Hearing that affirmed to me that my role in this world is to keep on making big games for as long as I can,” Kojima said. “That is the mission I’ve been given in life.”
Old 2015-12-18, 17:02   Link #2112
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Even after leaving, Konami still couldn't resist one last 'fuck you'

Quote:
On Tuesday, the breakup was made semi-official, in the form of a corporate memo that Konami reputedly leaked to Nikkei, perhaps as a way of preëmpting Kojima’s optimistic statement on Twitter the following day.
http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elemen...social_twitter
Old 2015-12-19, 04:31   Link #2113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

World of Final Fantasy trailer... Looks like the chibi is part of the plot??

Old 2015-12-19, 04:49   Link #2114
Chosen_Hero

^So a Pokémon (<- using it loosely) like Final Fantasy? I'm in, except I saw Lightning... fuck Lightning.
Old 2016-01-20, 13:17   Link #2115
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2016-01-22, 23:24   Link #2116
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Anyone considering getting Firewatch when it (hopefully) comes out on February 9th? I haven't decided whether I want it for PS4 or PC yet.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 00:03   Link #2117
Kemiu
クレージー

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Anyone considering getting Firewatch when it (hopefully) comes out on February 9th? I haven't decided whether I want it for PS4 or PC yet.
My friend is getting it for PC I don't know much about it through.
Personally I want Digimon and Hyperdimensional Neptunia.
Old 2016-01-23, 05:23   Link #2118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It does look like a very interesting game, unfortunately I've got that month booked for Digimon.
Old 2016-01-23, 22:37   Link #2119
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I wish there was more information about it. The website for the developer is pretty sparse. They haven't updated their development blog since December 30th. You'd think with two weeks to release they'd be saying stuff. I hope the next post isn't, "Sorry, it's delayed."

They haven't been taking pre-orders of the game, for some reason.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 23:19   Link #2120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Yeah, looks fun but it's not at the top of my priority list. Will probably have my hands full with Digimon and XCOM really.

Eventually though.