Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-03-12, 13:23   Link #21
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
I think Vancouver have no chance at all, after the depression and suspension for Bertuzzi. sigh~~~ whats with TV these days.... after the Jaskson incident... now comes the Bertuzzi ... ... think about the children!....

btw~~ I am a supporter of the Canucks! Go! Go! Canucks!!!
^^
something like this happened i think 2 seasons ago with bertuzzi being suspended for a while
except this happened later in the season
bertuzzi is an overpaid guy who right now, all he can do is pretty much goon the front of the net
i think he was better in his earlier years when he used his size to play like pre-concussed lindros
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 13:27   Link #22
luniz

:fingers: Avs
luniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 13:52   Link #23
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniz
:fingers: Avs
Hey another Avs fan ^^

Tonight's games:
  • Colorado Avalanche (36-17-12-5) at Phoenix Coyotes (20-29-16-5).
  • Chicago Blackhawks (18-36-9-6) at Washington Capitals (21-39-8-2).
  • Atlanta Thrashers (27-33-7-3) at Carolina Hurricanes (22-30-13-4).
  • New York Rangers (25-33-7-5) at Tampa Bay Lightning (40-17-8-5).
  • Vancouver Canucks (36-21-9-4) at Edmonton Oilers (28-27-12-3).
  • New York Islanders (30-26-10-4) at Anaheim Mighty Ducks (25-28-9-8).

LET'S GO AVS!
Old 2004-03-13, 00:44   Link #24
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Red Wings have an awesome bench and secondary team. The injuries have worried me, but the new guys like Zetterburg, Whitney, and Mowers have stepped up big time. The Wings Goalie Legacy has been hot for most of the season plus with Cujo in backup how can they loose.

Now a prediction, Stanley cup will come back to Hockeytown this year with the Detroit Red Wings.

- I am a Hockey fan -
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 11:43   Link #25
eLstar
(^_^)v

Boo....

They've had their time in the spotlight. I think it's time for a Canadian team to take back the cup....where it belongs.

///_^

eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 11:58   Link #26
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

We posted a 3-2 victory against the Coyotes! Barnaby, Kariya and Nikolishin scored for the Avs.

Other scores:

Blackhawks 4 - 3 Capitals
Thrashers 2 - 4 Hurricanes
Rangers 2 - 5 Lightning
Canucks 4 - 3 Oilers (OT) <-- Darn!
Islanders 3 - 1 Mighty Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
They've had their time in the spotlight. I think it's time for a Canadian team to take back the cup....where it belongs.
The recent additions of Ron Francis, Brian Leetch, Calle Johansson and Chad Kilger to the Leafs' lineup gives them a good chance to take back the cup ~.^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-14, 14:42   Link #27
eLstar
(^_^)v

Here's what happened on Saturday March 13th, 2004:

Sabres 2
Bruins 3
Win in OT (Muahaha! I won 2 bucks off this game)

Senators 2
Canucks 1

Devils 1
Flyers 2

Kings 1
Sharks 3

Flames 4
Predators 4
Win in OT

Capitals 2
Thrashers 5

Hurricanes 5
Lightning 1

Rangers 2
Panthers 3

Stars 0
Red Wings 3

Blue Jackets 3
Blues 5

Flames 4
Predators 4
Win in OT

Senators 2
Canucks 1

Maple Leafs 3
Canadiens 4 (Boo...Here's where I lost two bucks...)

Here's the lowdown for what happened yesterday for all you Leafs and/or Habs fans.

Quote:
Matthew Stajan, Joe Nieuwendyk and Drake Berehowsky scored for the Maple Leafs, who were coming off a six-game homestand. They were 4-2-0 in those six games. Nieuwendyk added an assist for Toronto.

Ed Belfour had 25 saves on 29 shots for Toronto, while Montreal goalie Jose Theodore turned aside 22 of the Maple Leafs' 25 tries.

Toronto had won seven of the last eight meetings with Montreal dating back to last season.

The Maple Leafs were scoreless on their only man advantage opportunity.

Toronto has fallen into third place in the Northeast Division -- three points behind first place Boston. The Maple Leafs are fifth in the conference overall, three points ahead of Montreal.

Toronto will close out its two-game road trip against Buffalo at HSBC Arena on Monday. The Maple Leafs are 18-10-7-1 on foreign ice this season.
Also...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-14, 15:26   Link #28
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
I laugh at the Canucks and Bertuzzi's punch happy fist. Because of that, the Leafs will have an EVEN easier chance at winning the cup. I have a feeling it's about time, besides there's not a lot of near retired old guys willing to join our team. So we should do this now or never.
yeah, well, bertuzzi is a loose cannon <_<
thats what makes him such an asset for the Canucks, ones he gets going down the ice he's hard for any defencemen to stop him (he even has a song for him ^_^ )... sucks that he made such a stupid move and got suspended

ah well, there's plenty of other teams to get in the way of toronto ^ and just wait till next season when bertuzzi is back

and remember, the leafs were out first round in the playoffs last year and the canucks did pretty well *glares at the wilds* they just played cloutier too much...

*glares at bertuzzi for being so stupid*

Quote:
Boo....

///_^

yes, it should come home to Canada

more specifically... it should come home to Vancouver

Stanley Cup --> Lord Stanley --> Vancouver (Stanley Park in Vancouver is in honour of Lord Stanley)

the Cup is only close to home when its in Canada... and only home when it's in Vancouver

Last edited by Hoshi_Phoenix; 2004-03-14 at 15:40.
Hoshi_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 15:44   Link #29
eLstar
(^_^)v

Nah, Toronto is the heart of Canada. Vancouver is all the way on the other side. It would be great if the canucks won, but even better if the Leafs won.

///_^
Old 2004-03-14, 15:46   Link #30
Tsuki_Phoenix

I can't believe Bertuzzi punched that guy and broke his freaking neck!!!

That was sooooo STUPID!!!!

And it might have cost the Canucks the cup!

Although I'd never admit defeat until I see it.

At least he bawled his eyes out on TV. And was certainly regretful. ^_~

Yeah! Go Canucks!
Tsuki_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 15:52   Link #31
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
Nah, Toronto is the heart of Canada. Vancouver is all the way on the other side. It would be great if the canucks won, but even better if the Leafs won.

///_^
heart of Canada? uh-huh , if u want to believe that then go ahead ^__^
Well, in the eyes of a person who lives in Toronto I guess that's true

but the Cup belongs in Vancouver... how many parks do you have in Toronto to honour Lord Stanley? hrmm?

Cha, Vancouver is on the West Coast, but it had and has strong ties with Britain (just look at the province's name... British Columbia)

and if you want to get all technical Ottawa is higher up there in the Cup's history than Toronto since Stanley was the governor general of Canada, so he was in Ottawa

well, I guess in hockey nobody cares about that anymore... since the Cup wasnt even supposed to be for pro hockey

anyways

Go Canucks Go!

and we'll do better next season when Bertuzzi is back!
Old 2004-03-14, 15:58   Link #32
Aaron_b
The Missing Link

Since I'm a Chicagoan, I suppose this is where I say "Go Blackhawks..." But I can't seem to bring myself to doing so. I'm not a hockey fan, but maybe if my city had a half-decent team then maybe I would be somewhat interested. Plus, they don't even show home games on television here. How messed up is that? The Blackhawks organization complains that they don't have a large enough fan-base, yet they refuse to publicize their events at home... Ah well... such is life...
Aaron_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 16:13   Link #33
Tsuki_Phoenix

I think hockey is a pretty underestimated game.

I mean, it's not that popular in a lot of countries. I know that there are only maybe a couple of countries which would even consider it "major" league worthy.

But I guess that's because different countries like their own major sport.

And yeah, location-wise, Toronto might be more the heart of Canada, but hockey-wise....

That's a whole different issue. ^_~

But obviously a Leaf fan is going to say Toronto is the heart of Canada...:P

But if we go right back.....

Maybe Vancouver and Ottawa beat Toronto by just that little bit.

But yeah...in the end, I'll just be glad if the cup came back to Canada. ^_^
Old 2004-03-14, 16:24   Link #34
Hoshi_Phoenix

nah, Toronto isn't even the geographic centre of Canada

http://www.stemcellnetwork.ca/career....canada.fr.jpg

if u look there, its closer to Churchill or Baker Lake or somewhere like that... toronto is almost as far away from the centre point as Vancouver

Toronto is only heart of Canada in the eyes of a Toronto person, and economically (because they're so close to the USA in both location and relations)

but back to hockey

the Vancouver Canucks did pretty well last year, especially compared to the leafs

the Ottawa Senators left the leafs in their dust, they were the best of Canada's teams last year

ill admit Vancouver isn't doing as well this year so far

but don't write us off yet!

especially next year when we get a power-player back

if Toronto wins against the Canucks, all it means were they could handle the team WITHOUT bertuzzi

we'll see how well they do when Bertuzzi comes back
Old 2004-03-14, 16:29   Link #35
Tsuki_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Phoenix
nah, Toronto isn't even the geographic centre of Canada

Lol, yeah. ^^

I have to admit, the Leafs chances this season are greater then they've been for a while...especially because Bertuzzi is out of the running. ^_^;;

But just you wait until next season.

And yeah....let's see how well the Leafs do against a Bertuzzi'ed Canucks.

^_~
Old 2004-03-14, 18:37   Link #36
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Phoenix
heart of Canada? uh-huh , if u want to believe that then go ahead ^__^
Well, in the eyes of a person who lives in Toronto I guess that's true

but the Cup belongs in Vancouver... how many parks do you have in Toronto to honour Lord Stanley? hrmm?

Cha, Vancouver is on the West Coast, but it had and has strong ties with Britain (just look at the province's name... British Columbia)

and if you want to get all technical Ottawa is higher up there in the Cup's history than Toronto since Stanley was the governor general of Canada, so he was in Ottawa

well, I guess in hockey nobody cares about that anymore... since the Cup wasnt even supposed to be for pro hockey

anyways

Go Canucks Go!

and we'll do better next season when Bertuzzi is back!
It's not a belief. It's reality.

///_^

And I shall ask a question to answer your question,

When did Vancouver people start beliving the canucks were part of the Original 6?

Heh heh heh. The cup doesn't belong anywhere except in the hands of one of those teams. Oh wait. Toronto is one of those teams! Muahaha! Besides, Go Canucks Go sounds lame. Go Leafs Go is where it's at.

Old 2004-03-14, 21:39   Link #37
megazone23

Quote:
It's not a belief. It's reality.

///_^

And I shall ask a question to answer your question,

When did Vancouver people start beliving the canucks were part of the Original 6?

Heh heh heh. The cup doesn't belong anywhere except in the hands of one of those teams. Oh wait. Toronto is one of those teams! Muahaha! Besides, Go Canucks Go sounds lame. Go Leafs Go is where it's at.

Even though Toronto was one of those original 6 teams at the beginning, it doesn't mean that the cup belongs there, or in any of the 6 original teams (yaaaaa, you can tell, i'm NOT from Toronto, lol) but, ya, it'd be nice if ONE of the Canadian teams won it since it's been a while (I think)

Just as Go Canucks Go sounds lame for you, Go Leafs Go doesn't sound all that great. It all depends on where you are and which team you're cheering for. My grade 9 math teacher was a harsh Leaf's fan though. He would go on and on about the Leafs during math class, lol! Even though I'm a Canuck's fan (it's best if I root for my hometown's team after all) I don't quite believe that they'll be able to go all the way this year ><" But at least this year they're not at the bottom of the playoff positions in the western conference. Last year was kind of a shock though with what happened with some of the more popular teams in the NHL during the playoffs.
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:58   Link #38
Iron Monkey

Meh, I don't know why people call the Leaf's "Canada's team." I'm from Canada, and they're my most hated team in the league. I'd rather have anyone win the cup other than the Leafs. Besides, there are so many geriatrics on that team, I'm sure they can't take the grind of a full post season. I bet you anything Belfour's gonna get hurt, and with it, all hopes of going for Lord Stanley's mug.

I think this year belongs to the Sens. (even though of course I"m gonna cheer for my Flames, who, barring a late season meltdown, will make a welcome return to the post season after 7 LONG years)
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 22:11   Link #39
eLstar
(^_^)v

Okay, I'll stop with the "cup belongs here/there thing". The cup belongs to whoever wins this season, and then the next, and then the next.

(Although...I think it should be Toronto that should win...)

///_^
Old 2004-03-14, 22:13   Link #40
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey
Meh, I don't know why people call the Leaf's "Canada's team." I'm from Canada, and they're my most hated team in the league. I'd rather have anyone win the cup other than the Leafs.
hehehe... thats so true!

actually... I think Toronto in general is a fairly unpopular city in the eyes of many Canadians

people felt sorry for Toronto for the SARS epidemic... but that was an unusual situation so we have reason ^_^

yeah, the senators did really well last year, and i REALLY hope a Canadian team takes the cup this year

----------------------------------------
dranz, who cares about the original 6? if we want to go all historical then Ottawa should get it every year no wait... no NHL team should get it because Stanley wanted it to be strictly for amateur clubs ^__^
so its either no history or all history, dont go half way to make the leafs sound better than they are
----------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazone23
Even though Toronto was one of those original 6 teams at the beginning, it doesn't mean that the cup belongs there, or in any of the 6 original teams (yaaaaa, you can tell, i'm NOT from Toronto, lol) but, ya, it'd be nice if ONE of the Canadian teams won it since it's been a while (I think)
yeah!!! another Canucks fan

lets hope they can do better soon ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------
*edit*
aww... posted too slow
ah well, forget that bit about where the cup belongs then ^__^

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup