AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-12, 19:29   Link #141
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Someone needs to sub it! This is such a great show.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 20:10   Link #142
kws

I think everything about being part of the royal family might be one of Lelouch lies. Afterall he admitted it that everything he said were lies...
kws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:21   Link #143
JarOfMayo

Mmmm nice episode 2.

Lancelot is dominating.

And... next is a school episode yay
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 22:41   Link #144
aardvark

Wow, episode 2 was pretty great. From Lelouch the strategist to the completely awesome Lancelot action, especially the launch sequence that reminded me that yes, this is indeed a Goro Taniguchi show
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:07   Link #145
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws View Post
I think everything about being part of the royal family might be one of Lelouch lies. Afterall he admitted it that everything he said were lies...
Spoiler:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:13   Link #146
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The lies of Lelouch is probably only his life after everything that happened after his backstory (( how he abandoned his royalty status )).

Lelouch Lamperouge itself is a lie, because he is living a lie. (( In a way, he still will be, judging by the preview for Episode 3 )).

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:32   Link #147
sei

Suzaku/Lancelot easily defeating all those Nightmares reminds me of Kira/Freedom.I hope they don't make Suzaku godly & undefeatable like him.
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:49   Link #148
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Does anyone know where I can download manga scanlations for Code Geass?(I generally prefer direct downloads) Judging by the first episode, this series looks pretty awesome.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:54   Link #149
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by sei View Post
Suzaku/Lancelot easily defeating all those Nightmares reminds me of Kira/Freedom.I hope they don't make Suzaku godly & undefeatable like him.
Considering the show is NOT about Suzaku... I think we are saved from seeing a true carbon copy of Kira... hopefully.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 01:58   Link #150
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Does anyone know where I can download manga scanlations for Code Geass?(I generally prefer direct downloads) Judging by the first episode, this series looks pretty awesome.
There aren't any direct download files available right now. HOWEVER...
Chapter 1 raw: http://photo.163.com/photos/cocoya118/70382335/ (best viewed through Firefox)
Chapter 1 translation: http://x-reggg.livejournal.com/100079.html#cutid1
Chapter 2 raw: http://rapidshare.de/files/36175520/Geass_ch02.rar.html
Chapter 2 translation: http://x-reggg.livejournal.com/116220.html#cutid1

And it seems they aren't following the manga or vice versa. The chase scene inside Lelouch's academy between the Britannia student guard and the activists led by Karen Stadfeldt (leading to a caped and hooded Lelouch (the hints of his future guise?) helping Karen escape - in other words the mecha war in ep2 was replaced by a school chase) didn't take place in ep2.

Quote:
Considering the show is NOT about Suzaku... I think we are saved from seeing a true carbon copy of Kira... hopefully.
Nope. But I get Nicol (with the look) or Athrun vibes from Suzaku...

Next ep: looks like someone's gonna die...

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-10-13 at 02:17.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 07:02   Link #151
Retsoor

I am infinitely glad the anime deviates from the manga, but then again, I expected no less. The manga Lelouch is hesitant, to an extent unsure of himself. Anime Lelouch is cool as ice and balls to the walls. He seizes the moment. Eagerly awaiting more.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 15:16   Link #152
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Grahhh! People stop focusing on Kanon, Death Note and D-Gray Man, they have enough subbers. Somebody do this one already, what is with the shaft Mecha shows always seem to get. I'm just praying gg holds to their commitment to this show as I don't think anybody else is interested, they'd rather do the 8th rendition of Kanon. And as much as I like Death Note and D-Gray Man, they have enough too. I knew this was going to happen. Stupid, H-Game shows and their unwarranted popularity, grumble grumble.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!! Kanon and Death Note have like 12 subbers doing it - and anime like C.C. goes unnoticed. Blah, even CLAMP designs didn't win any subbers for this show. :-(
Well, my last resort is Shinsen, lol. They only have 30 shows to sub, why not add another one?! :-)
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 15:50   Link #153
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

I just got the TL from my translator yesterday...

There is some:
- Engrish
- Confusing Ali Project song
- Made up words
- Etc
- Technical crap
- Clovis speaks like he was born 500 years ago

This... kinda takes a bit. Expect a sub out later this weekend from [gg], regardless...
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 17:47   Link #154
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ep 2 was damned good. I hope this is standard that we can expect from this series; tense and exciting from start to finish. The direction was really tight in the action; yep, Taniguchi showing why he's onboard. Lots of things intrigued me the fact that C.C/Lelouch's power does not work on the Nightmare Frames and Lancelot's awesome power.

I just hope they don't kill Karen off anytime soon becaue I adore her seiyuu (Ane-mo-ne!) and well, quite frankly, she's hot.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 17:54   Link #155
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Episode 1 had me worried.
Too much of producer Takeda's bad influence (his publically commented anti-American and anti-Japanese sentiments) seemed to be in play of the show...
But thankfully, watching the episode 2, I re-affirmed myself that this is Taniguchi's work afterall.
Back in 1999, I fell in love with Ryvius and ever since then, anything directed by this man has been masterpieces.
(Ryvius, Scryed, Planet-ES, Gun x Sword)

In short, episode 2 got me hooked for the season.
Having a megalomaniac genius (similar to Light in Death Note) as a protagonist of robot anime has always been a wet dream of mine

Last edited by aohige; 2006-10-13 at 19:09.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 20:41   Link #156
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Lots of things intrigued me the fact that C.C/Lelouch's power does not work on the Nightmare Frames and Lancelot's awesome power.
Lulu figured he needs to able to see the person (or their eyes?) hes trying to use Geass Powa on directly or it won't work. A pilot riding in a enclosed vehicle like a Nightmare can't be affected. So how close was Lulu to death? As close as that lady shot her mech's gun around him. lol
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 20:44   Link #157
Zelene2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post

There is some:
- Engrish
- Made up words
- Etc
- Technical crap

This... kinda takes a bit. Expect a sub out later this weekend from [gg], regardless...
It's about time someone decided to sub it!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Zelene2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 22:45   Link #158
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post

There is some:
- Engrish
- Made up words
- Etc
- Technical crap

Might I suggest just not putting the ED lyrics in until the official CD + lyrics have been released? I know ALI PROJECT's songs and they're cryptic as heck to decipher... I recall the fun that was known as Rozen Maiden OPs. (*Has given own shot at transcribing the ED song and failed miserably*), considering that lyrics aren't available on Japanese fan sites, either. The few phrases that I've been able to make are things like, "...the sky glowing scarlet..." and "...please believe in the...".

The ED will be released on October 25th.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-10-14 at 11:01.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 01:25   Link #159
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

We're using lyrics from 2ch for the time being. A thread had a "Code Geass Sing-A-Long!" movie... ~_~;; It's probably going to be wrong since Ali Project likes to use like, Pre-WW2 Kanji, but blaaah, better than nothing.

Atm, the episode is translated, timed, edited, etc. It's at translation checking/clarification and karaoke atm.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 11:42   Link #160
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Episode 2 was as sweet as I imagined it to be.
Kinda interesting how the story goes now:
Spoiler:

It's kinda hard to predict what's going to happen next...

I agree, Lelouch is the one of the best main characters ever...

Good luck with the subbing

Last edited by W-General; 2006-10-14 at 11:57.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote